It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Okay,

I just read this new thread... I am kind of lost with it's meaning.

It seems to directly say our "little" story should not be on ATS but on BTS and somehow implies we are trying to relate this to "real" life...

I think that is what I got out of the thread OP, I have not even considered nor thought our story was trying to imply anything in real life.

Saying we are also deliberately misleading ATS with falsehoods...

Did I read this new thread wrong? Did I get something more out of it, then was intended?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Yummy I honestly love eating those baby octopuses!! They are awesome, my daughter loves to eat them too!!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
QA That would be fine, just ask masqua. Get the pic you want in the meantime. Remember we are just establishing our characters and anything goes at this point, same thing goes with my BIOs if anyone has a problem just let me know and I will make changes no problem. Just want anyone reading including ourselves an idea of what our charaters look like and what we can expect as their strenghts in battle or otherwise.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

OK your getting on my tentacles! That is just sick! Poor little babies...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If it had been a snake I'd be bit!

Sorry about that, I wasn't being lazy, just frustrated.

Ya know how it is when you see something in a magazine and go back to find it later and you can' tfind it again!

Thank you

[edit on 29-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

They're in the opening post of the main thread.

Anyways, here's yours:

just hit quote, cut/paste and you're fine.

[edit on 29/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

So, there you go my tentecled friends,

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

hey Silo, don't let that one thread ruin this for you!

I hope you weren't serious about that!

Don't take it so personally, I didn't. I think the OP has confused and intermingled two totally different things and meanings in one post.

I sincerely hope, you are not as upset as you seem to be in the other thread.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Hope you dont mind I copied your signature pic....

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I agree and think that we should have given him/her a personal invite to this collaboration, then maybe they would know how important it is to have a creative outlet. Still think the Mods should place it in the BTS rant section, lol.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Damn it everytime I get a creative idea and begin to type my kids GO BERZERK! Everything thast can be messed up does and LOUD? Oh yeah to the point of headche, so there you have it as to why my posts need SERIOUS editing... I know it, but am helpless to make a difference and on top of it my spell check has a mind of its own! It reverts yydryl to Hydryl if you havent noticed and sneaks in stupid word replacements all the time.
It is also stuck on autofix and I cant get it off... Arg maties where is the Captain and why has he been so seriously IGNORED in the posts?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

You see, Studiuous is going for a Section 8 - I'm thinking his "rowgurney" capture of Theresa was a case of mistaken identity, based on that.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by antar

No! Can't be...

You mean to tell me these little ones aren't outside playing???

STOP THAT! Before I have to go to the store and buy some depends just to read this thread...

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

JohnQ is the one who did this signature. if you go to his media outlet, you can copy it there. He told me to get it.

He did an awesome job with the signature, and I still can't get over my avatar.... he really did a wonderful job!!

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Haha I had to post. Such nonsense and lunacy. What is wrong with people these days and having to FIND something to gripe about?

Frigging be content and satisfied, it makes the turning of the world much easier to stomach.

[/rant]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by Studious

Hey, Studious,

Is that Theresa you have?

The reason I ask is, in my posting, I had hidden her away ... so if it is Theresa you have her out in the open.

I can see how this can be confusing, when one person puts their own character in one place, but another takes the character and puts them somewhere else.

Unfortunately I did not see that in the first post.

Perhaps you edited it after my post?

I was 100% positive I did not see that. I did not read that. Perhaps I was writing my post as you were editing yours.

I do notice one edit was done.

Or Perhaps the _____________ line thing confused me.

If anything it was not reworking where the character was located it was entirely accidental.

I apologize for this oversight.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Sorry, hon.... I didn't edit it... I only edited correct english and spelling in it.

But as was mentioned, make that someone who stole something from you.... but it can't be Theresa.... sorry.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Fair is fair. I have spit coffee on my screen and keyboard often enough because of you people.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Never mind I have a better idea one that satisfies us both. (I hope)

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
A couple of notes -

Slayer69, great first post! You've dropped yourself in amongst the rabble on Penelope seamlessly. You've always been there.

I read through the other thread concerning the 'location' of THIS thread. The guy has some valid points, but seems to fail to see the larger picture. I didn't post there because a) I didn't feel like fuelling the fire, b) I don't see it as MY job to police HIS mind in regards to the ability to separate fact from fiction, seems to me his parents ought to have seen to that, and c) I believe it was Lawrence of Arabia who once said "Opinions can be argued with, convictions are best shot." His opinion seems to be more of a conviction, or a crusade, and I've not got time to waste debating a conviction that will never change.

With that said, we seem to have struck a nerve ( makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, confirms that I'm in good company!) which I sometimes do very well, and have no problem with. More importantly, IT MEANS OUR STORY IS BEING READ! I take his rant as a compliment.

My favorite was the guy who whined that he didn't WANT to read our "crappy story", as if he were being mind-controlled to go back to it over and over again...

Neno is in limbo. I'm not sure of where all the characters are who are to appear at the Hearing. If someone would be so kind as to drop him on the bench in the waiting room next to them, I'd be ever so grateful. Just make sure he's not sitting next to that.... that.... HOLOGRAM *involuntary shudder*...

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join