It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

When I read "slid back into the carpet" I thought it meant that you were moving into the area the carpet currently occupies by sliding, not that you were morphing into it.

Thanks for the help - I'm just gonna let it go.
Obviously I'm either not being read (no biggy) or not getting my points across well (big biggy) lol...
oh well oh hell...

[edit on 30-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well I got the gist of it!
Not bad, we are getting ratings and stars so the audience is liking what we are writing good work buddy.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
What ARE the spiritual belief systems of the Rigellians and Earthlings?

Is Dark Energy considered a Deity, controlling time, matter and space?

I do have a huge pentagram etched into my forehead. Joy! Muhahaha.

I do think these ideas should be discussed by us Rigellians and come to a collaborative consensus.

[edit on 3/30/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Spiritual beliefs of neno - he believes everything and nothing, and irreverently at that. I t pays to keep all your bases covered when afterlife hangs in the balance. They say THAT is forever...

I think the Yydryl crew has been far more productive in setting up their cosmology - they seem to be LIVING a code of several sorts, with elements dropped in here and there by way of explanations.

Penelope's crew, on the other hand, rarely mention things of a religious nature, and WE ought to have an easier time of it, since we already have the basis in place, i.e. the Earth religions of the present. How will these religions change over 300-odd years? Then there's the element of the religions of the aliens we've crossed paths with, Centaurians, the hairy little biped mentioned on the L2 Station, those. What religions do they hold? It's fairly certain that some humans have probably 'migrated' to these alien religions as well. As a whole, humans are a fickle bunch, and I'm sure some do run that way.

The added twist is how Science and Technology cause changes in the current religions we have (a given - Galileo, anyone?), and what NEW systems those elements produce. This may require deeper thought than I first looked at...

[edit on 2009/3/30 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hello everyone. My computer and ATS was not working at home this weekend. So just catching up. Good writing everyone. I will make a post after some thought. Thanks for all the kind attribute contributions to my character. We shall see. LOL

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I love the idea of CM becoming the link that is here to inform us of the possibilities we face due to the big rip. She having traveled back from the brink of a billions years into the past could hold the keys for not only her race and species who have run out of time but for the entire Universe which is beginning to feel the effects of the rip.

This is when the science faction comes into full force, I myself am extremely limited on my ability to make posts that reflect futuristic science terminology.

I am lost trying to google a site where I can find some good terminology, and suggestions?

Also this is a great lead in for the reason we 'have' to work with the earth people as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Also with no real Navigator, who needs to discover the space anomolies which portend a disaster of eternal porportions?

Once discovered what futuristic weapons could be used to seal the rip?

Who would be against this? And why as it would mean the total end to this Universe.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Glad to see you removed the pentagram, it did not bother me but it did stand out in such a way people could become concerned about whisper unnecessarily.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

There is always a higher order to the Universe, perhaps a time when all belief systems have been replaced with a vibratory frequency which allows individuals to become enlightened and ultimately pass into the next dimensional and higher Universe? It would mean that mulituniverses are like the chakra system we know in this reality. The entire Universe then having a chakra system or meridian system that allows souls who have merged with all pieces of its soul to leave this Universe and into the next larger higher vibratory Universe.

In other words, there are dimensional rifts which have the potential to become merged with other higher dimensions, even the Universe itself has the potential of enlightenment and indeed is moving towards that merging via the big rip. As we rise in our consciousness our lower aspects of our souls also rise. It is the same with the living Universe in which we share energy. Whether you are on the lower densities or the higher vibratory frequencies, as the higher 'part' pf you rise you are in essence pulled up as well.

The living expanding Universe is alive and preparing to make an evolutionary leap, it is our mission to sustain the liveability of our Universe as she merges into a higher vibratory level.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
So antars religion, is the knowing that the Universe is alive, just as you and I are alive it is also a growing entity that we have the honor to live in. Just as the cell lives within the body we live within the Universe. If I become enlightened so do my cells.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
To clarify an aspect of the Big Rip:

Every atom in the universe is held together by a force. That force is what is threatened by Dark Energy... meaning that every atom contained in stars, nebulae, planets, starships and the people in them would become 'free particles' much in the same way that a snowbal becomes water and then gas.

There can be no 'sewing up the 'Big Rip' because there are no edges to pull together, nor 'thread and needle' to sew with. The ENTIRE universe just gets 'discombobulated'.

But, there is the multiverse concept too. Does one universe end with the Big Rip and another get born through the process? Is there a universe 'next' to ours to which intelligent life may escape?

Is the entire set-up of the multiverse a test by a higher intelligence? One which we must pass to survive as a species?

Dark Energy is something that is everywhere at once and on an even scale. It resides inside and outside of us. It permeates everything completely and is what is causing the universe to expand at an ever increasing rate.

I'm not insisting that the ideas expressed above be included by every collaborator in the space opera. I just think it's important to be aware of cutting edge theories like the Big Rip even if you don't include them in your posts.

I'm only trying to make the opera interesting by offering information like this for your consideration. The story itself, so far and in my humble opinion, is nothing short of brilliant.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Ok I'm done for now I'll have to wait for some feed back from some of the other characters just U2U some idea of whats coming down the pike.

Great work
everyone
PEACE
SLAY

[edit on 30-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

There is always a higher order to the Universe, perhaps a time when all belief systems have been replaced with a vibratory frequency which allows individuals to become enlightened and ultimately pass into the next dimensional and higher Universe? It would mean that mulituniverses are like the chakra system we know in this reality. The entire Universe then having a chakra system or meridian system that allows souls who have merged with all pieces of its soul to leave this Universe and into the next larger higher vibratory Universe.

In other words, there are dimensional rifts which have the potential to become merged with other higher dimensions, even the Universe itself has the potential of enlightenment and indeed is moving towards that merging via the big rip. As we rise in our consciousness our lower aspects of our souls also rise. It is the same with the living Universe in which we share energy. Whether you are on the lower densities or the higher vibratory frequencies, as the higher 'part' pf you rise you are in essence pulled up as well.

The living expanding Universe is alive and preparing to make an evolutionary leap, it is our mission to sustain the liveability of our Universe as she merges into a higher vibratory level.

Well as you may or may not know about me RL Cindy, I sort of believe this multi-dimensional stuff for real. I am reading aabout this Rip thing but do not know if I will use it unless ofcourse Nature makes it so. LOL

PS:

Hey BTS thread guy, who says I am writing fiction?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I am lost trying to google a site where I can find some good terminology, and suggestions?

I tend to make it up on the fly, take parts from 3 or 4 different words or phrases, and string them together, thusly:

Slayer has found some sort of enigmatic problem in engineering. This worries me, and I really hope that the coreward rectilinear discombobulation filter doesn't implode, as that could cause hydrofancotic plasma to diperse throughout the ship, and color the entire known universe paisley, eventually.

Not a great example, but I hope a clear one. I'll keep pursuing a futuristic jargon lexicon, but even when we find one, mix-and-match of the terms therein aren't necessarily a bad thing.

Now your posts on religion? THAT's what I was talking about! Your cosmology is MUCH more evolved than that belonging to us mere U-mans. Still doen't make it OK for whisper to make a midnight snack out of neno...
And I have a harder time comprehending it than I do the futuristic jargon. It makes me actually THINK, which of course makes my head hurt...

Edit to add: Prototype Worlds: A Glossary of SF Jargon
Hope that helps a bit, and that I got the link embedding right. I'll keep looking for more.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The basic idea I'm trying to get across, without any theoretical mombo-jumbo:

Is Dark Energy like our concept of God?

It's everywhere and in everything evenly.

It exists from the earliest moment of the birth of this universe and will be the force which eventually ends it.

It's omnipresent for sure. (everywhere at once)
Is it also omniscient? (aware of everything at once)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Ahhhh. That establishes the Omnipresence of dark energy, and the notion that it will eventually destroy the universe would suggest Omnipotence, but are we, as humans, willing to forego the Omniscient aspects of a deity, or attribute intelligence to a poorly understood force? Perhaps 300 years ahead, humanity HAS decided that Dark Energy does indeed posess intelligence. Could be. Would that then eliminate the other religions, or supplant them to all but the die hards? We all know every religion has it's die hards. And of course, there will ALWAYS be scofflaws, who are unwilling to imagine anything greater than themselves or the human collective...

"ALL HAIL LORD DARK ENERGY" *exits, carrying an irredescent glowing ball of plasma contained in a spherical magnetic containment field*

edit to add: Does a deity even necessarily HAVE to possess intelligence? Or do we just wish it were so, so that we aren't worshipping something dumber than ourselves? How would humanity even measure the intelligence of an energy field? Perhaps the 'intelligence' involved is SO alien, that we couldn't even comprehend, much less measure it?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Would that then eliminate the other religions (?)

Probably not

supplant them to all but the die hards?

Very likely, especially if the 'God Particle' is found, but there will always be doubters unwilling to change.

LORD DARK ENERGY

I HOPE than not everyone involved in the opera buys into this. Maybe only one fervent believer who distributes pamphlets or something.

Gravity and what THAT is all about is another aspect I'm learning about and guess what IT is related to? The universe is a strange place indeed, but I don't want to inject more than one idea at a time.

(TIME... something else to consider)

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
To clarify an aspect of the Big Rip:

Every atom in the universe is held together by a force. That force is what is threatened by Dark Energy... meaning that every atom contained in stars, nebulae, planets, starships and the people in them would become 'free particles' much in the same way that a snowball becomes water and then gas.

The dark energy is like the absence of light energy, therefore is in waiting to be filled with or to absorb light energy, right? Question what is the result when a house sits empty for thousands of years and then at once the lights are turned on, what happened to the darkness? I do not believe that we have anything to fear of dark matter, at least not once we learn to utilize the additional energy that will happen in the next paradigm.

There can be no 'sewing up the 'Big Rip' because there are no edges to pull together, nor 'thread and needle' to sew with. The ENTIRE universe just gets 'discombobulated'.

I see this as similar to a woman giving birth, this "IS" an eternity.

But, there is the multiverse concept too. Does one universe end with the Big Rip and another get born through the process? Is there a universe 'next' to ours to which intelligent life may escape?

Like bubbles our universes float through the expanse of eternity, as one bubble burts does its energy simply disapear or does it become the energy which exists on the outside of the endless other floating bubbles?

Is the entire set-up of the multiverse a test by a higher intelligence? One which we must pass to survive as a species?

If you grew up in a remote african village and had never met anyone who had ever known of the outside world, no technology other than simple and not so simple survival, would you understand the concepts of the WWW if someone came to the village and attempted to explain?

Thankyou for the information. Nature.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

LOL aboard the space station some creepy cloak weaing Squeeky Frawn type is running around handing out pamplets. "Beware the Rip, the Lord Dark returns and all will be spent asunder."

[edit on 30-3-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Rip, the Dark Lord...
I just KNEW you wouldn't let an idea slide!!!

BTW... speaking of ideas, there is another member, Deson, who contacted me with an offer of helping out in the working thread.

I said that any fresh input would be greatly appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join