It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scurvy
reply to post by loam

If worse comes to worst I'll lend you my namesake. No teeth will make 'stud' loam much less desirable... that or just contract an STD, that should take care of it.

I agree and during his examination nudie in the waterfalls of rejuvination I will 'know' how to heal him, oh yeah...

Edit to add I am so for the whales being navigators... Oh it would be divine.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by antar]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
I just added some very soap-opera-esque (that a word?) drama. I just kept hearing in my head the whole time...

www.youtube.com...

duh duh DUH!

Quite so....

(Dramatic movie trailer announcer Voice)

A long lost father returns.....

A hidden package is delivered......

A secret order is made.......

The outcome........Dun Dun Dunnn............. find out this spring.

[edit on 28-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
OMG that Video is hysterical.

(Does it show I'm easily amused)?

hehehe

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

ROFL!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

QA!

After thinking on it a while today, there were a couple of possible story ideas we could run with on the Theresa thing.

1) QA took control of her shortly before the ship "went missing" in the Alpha Centaurian area and has had control over her for a short time, specifically to sow dissent in the Federation.

2) QA took control of her loong loong ago - when she was a wee lass - as part of QA's training to be a penetrator. This allowed QA to make Theresa join the fleet. Maybe "Theresa" never really had a personality - it was just QA acting through her the whole time, interacting with her fellow officers, the fleet - and even Luder.

Dunno - whatever you want is fine, those were just the two possibilities I was able to come up with.

I think neno made a good description of the way she is when you aren't there - she's sort of - catatonic -

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Alright Studious.

Do your worst.

I'm facing the Admirals before my crew does.

I'll take a fall before the rest of you will.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think the Tribunal control needs to be split up. I don't think I should control it alone.

That being said......

Who want's to control Rear Admiral Jonathan "Hellacious" Holingsworth III?

One of Fooks posts mentions that this admiral owed Fooks one. So I think he should be most angry at Nenothtu for Fooks murder.

Originally posted by fooks

Tried to settle down but didn't work out. My dog died the same day the divorce was final. Tore me up.
Sooooo...I had kept my flight status up all along and asked for an active duty transfer.

Rear Admiral Johnathan “Hellacious” Hollingsworth III, owed me.

Who want's to control Admiral Stevenson? John Q introduced him. He seems pretty level headed. He did have "many friends and colleagues’ stationed on the Nimitz" though.

Originally posted by John Q
This was noted in his transfer documents issued by Admiral Stevenson for Captain Luder.

It is with my recommendation that Chief Engineer John Q should be given his first commission to serve aboard the USS Penelope. Due to the fact he has studied an extra two years at the academy to achieve his Chief Engineer status, there is no one I would recommend more than him, nor is there anyone who understands wormhole technology better than him. He also has the ability to stay calm in the most intense situations even when pushed to his uttermost limits.

With that said, my only concern that I have is his lack of time spent in space or shall we say his lack of mission time. We all understand the pressure that comes with serving aboard a Federation ship and we all realise that this career is not suitable for everyone.

So Captain, if I may, would you please allow him some time whilst he adjusts to Federation life aboard a starship and offer any help should he need it.

May I also take this opportunity to wish you the best of luck with your mission. I have many friends and colleagues’ stationed on the Nimitz, we are all waiting for their safe return home.

Godspeed, Captain.

Admiral Stevenson.

I'll control Admiral Gordon since I introduced him. I would have had control be for the people who introduced these Admirals but John Q has asked for leave and Fooks is gone.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Feel free to slap "Violent Spock" (that's me) around a bit

Kirk Shaking and Slapping Spock

Doctors Slaping Spock

I never realized how much Spock get's slapped around.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by questioningall

I originally used Theresa as an old flame of Luder's from his days at the academy - who used to keep on and off contact with him throughout their respective careers. I was looking at her as being an element of drama when the Penelope arrived at Alpha Cent. and saw that it was her ship that had gone rogue.

As with collaborative fiction - the excellent story twists produced by my shipmates made her end up as an intruder on the vessel - during our entire 'mind control' incident.

Right now, they are on the verge of arresting her - and neno wanted to know if I wanted her to be real or be something else.

I just thought it would be a very interesting twist if somehow, she was under your control - could make for an interesting story arc. But it's up to you.

Cool, under my control she is..... I already set it up, that I could still control without my wires, just not as many or intensely... so having one or two all the time, .... no prob.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Why would I slap you around?

I've been in the US Army for nearly 7 years and I can honestly say that if we were all really in the military and did some stuff like this - ROFL - we would have all been arrested and thrown in the lockup a LONG time ago.

You mentioned an "immunity" that Sci Fi characters have - in a previous post - I think that "immunity" is a necessary evil. The audience or readership ultimately likes the main characters - the "regular crew" so to speak. To have one or all of us get thrown in jail is kind of too real - if you get my meaning.

I'm sure, as I know you probably are - that this tribunal will ultimately work out in our favor.

None of us want to see our character go to prison for doing what he/she thought was right.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Yeah - but you gotta admit, Spock could put a serious whoopin on someone if he wanted... LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Why would I slap you around?

I'm just saying it seems I've threatened with a handgun, started a mutiny etc...... I deserve some slapping around.

I'm sure, as I know you probably are - that this tribunal will ultimately work out in our favor.

None of us want to see our character go to prison for doing what he/she thought was right.

I agree, no one is going to jail. But I think we could get very close. It just seems too often commanders in Sci-fi just say.

"You have disobeyed all our orders had 1,000,000 red shirts die under your command etc....etc....etc...but it's all good."

I think it gives us some suspense during our shore leave.

This is how I expect the trial to go...

Navy Intelligence will prevent Seeker from ever even getting to trial, they seem to have something special planned for him.

Studious will receive a reprimand and I have something planned....no jail time though.

Everyone else was under mind control so everyone else would be cleared.

Basically the same result as most television programs but more dragged out.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Oh no, don't get me wrong man - I agree - it's a good thing to show we're suspectible to the same laws as everyone else.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Originally posted by silo13
Since the Ship is *alive* I thought the crew and a few NPS's was pretty much it?

I've based the majority of my posts on that so it's going to be tough to go back and edit...

Yes, yes. I realize that. So no staff then?

But maybe we could rescue some from a stranded vessel or something... A few 'intermediaries' makes the writing just a little easier. But no biggie, if you disagree.

Originally posted by silo13
Oh, and having the Whales as navigators is a AWESOME idea!

I LOVE that idea too!!!

Although, I think antar just turned them into Jelly fish.

EDIT: Perhaps antar will be disappointed to learn that the pretty little jellyfish are food for the whales!

[edit on 28-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
When QA started posting, I couldn't help but think of this song:

www.youtube.com...

Classic 90s stuff right there....

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Good morning everyone, just wanted to pop in and say hello, I am going back to sleep for a while as I was up really late last night. This thread has me too. Love it and it will only get better as we mature the story line and lock in the characters and their interaction with each other.

See ya laters!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Youre CRUEL!!! They are so divine looking! I saw them in a link off of the forum actually, a new species they have discovered, perhaps they escaped when Yydryl made a stop over on Earth?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Oh also I meant to say that I had planned to discover Silo as I did the Bio tests on Yydryl, some anomoly which the ship was actually hiding because the ship had fallen in love with Silo, oh well, I like how it happened anyway and am excited with what Silo has in mind for our characters, a brilliant idea really...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wish we still had the view counter, I really miss that feature, it would be great to know how many views our thread has so far. Is it just us writers or is this space opera a must read? It does continually keep ya guessing. And out in space anything goes.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

But maybe we could rescue some from a stranded vessel or something... A few 'intermediaries' makes the writing just a little easier. But no biggie, if you disagree.

No I don't disagree at all - we'll just have to write in a reason for bringing on people as I can't go back and repost.

Sorry about the glitch but I did an awful lot of wandering around saying *Woohoo no one home* to suddenly mob Ship with more TENTACLES!

Definitely will have to be something we keep in a box or it will go haywire - too many people to keep straight, writers fumbling over details of ships inhabitants etc.

Any ideas how to get them on Ship and keep them straight?

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join