It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I wish we still had the view counter, I really miss that feature, it would be great to know how many views our thread has so far. Is it just us writers or is this space opera a must read? It does continually keep ya guessing. And out in space anything goes.

I honestly think once we get the kinks worked out and can dialog back and forth seamlessly we’ll have lots of readers.

Then again what makes a good novel these days is a lot of sex, violence, swearing and...

Never mind.

Maybe not Antar, maybe not!

If we do we’ve got our work cut out for us.

Captivating an audience addicted to low morals, gutter speech and indiscriminate hot steamy sex-ing will be tough.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious
Slayer69:
"caveo Nos es non promptus! vicis est intensely near. Orbis terrarum must nunquam teneo quam nos mos preoccupo"

Beware us you are not prepared! Change is intensely near. The Earth must never know why we worry.

That's a close enough translation.

I just had to be me. Hey guys don't get too far ahead of me I haven't even gotten to or out of engineering yet

I don't think I'll have too much time this weekend so don't leave me in space particles

[edit on 28-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Then again what makes a good novel these days is a lot of sex, violence, swearing and...

Never mind.

Hey maybe that can be my intro I'll be in the throws of a passionately violent love hate relationship with a purple cross dressing homophobic hermaphrodite midget from Venus

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I have always felt that we pick up several different species when we rescue the Captain, he is not the only one is statis you know...

This picture is of endless captives as they are transmorphed into those little 'rings' which hold their physical and etherial bodies in stasis.

You see torture in the year 3000+ works on more than the third dimensional realms of the limited physical.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3dcce06eea11.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Also anyone on the Yydryl that has not u2ued me for bio stats, please do so asap as I need to move on with the story line for my character and a few little surprises Silo and I have cooked up.

The few that I did cold needed minor revisions, so to avoid that...

Thanks guys!

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Or your fantasies about Qa, whom is still some sexy abstraction as you lay down to sleep?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You just never know.
Muahahahaha

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hey, Whisper, I fixed my posting and changed it....

sorry about that before.

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
TEST

Test is done

[edit on 28-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Hey, Whisper, I fixed my posting and changed it....

sorry about that before.

No problems and I love your reworking! Looks like Whisper may have a NPC to stalk and munch on! Nobody puts QA in the corner! ::wink::

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

HOLY MOLY! Are them some ship innards, or WHAT! You sure you know how to power this baby up, and can understand those graphs?

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

SSSHHHhhhhh!!!
A sick minds at work

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
OK they work.
I'll be removing them as to not let out upcoming surprises I'll use that one post to add, remove and test thanks for the attention.

They will be removed before I'm done I'm sorry

[edit on 29-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
OK they work.
I'll be removing them as to not let out upcoming surprises I'll use that one post to add, remove and test thanks for the attention.

They will be removed before I'm done I'm sorry

NO FAIR! *slumps into corner in a huff* . That was gonna be my new WALLPAPER!

Cap'n Luder, you'd best get that woman of yours under control! She just won't STAY caught! *dials super-duper proton blaster to full*

Qa, why, oh why, didn't you take control of neno's mind while he was on Khalamzadar? He could have been off that rock inside of 6 months, complete with a case of beer and 3 babes to open 'em for him!

[edit on 2009/3/28 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Note on neno's most recent post: I've marched straight into the jaws of guaranteed oblivion before in the real world, and it was a strange feeling. I've never felt more FREE than in those instants. Paradoxical, huh? Anyhow, I've tried to inject that into the character.

The best way I can explain it is to say that when you're sure your end is nigh, you've got nothing left to lose, and nothing more to worry about. You just meet fate head-on, and wrestle with it until one or the other wins. And you hope the OTHER guy still has something left to lose, 'cause it might make him hesitate when he ought not to!

[edit on 2009/3/28 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Hey, I reedited my post.... man I write bad, I make mistakes in language and third person to first person besides my spelling.

Anyway, I redid it to read better in correcting mistakes.

Sorry, I know my postings can be hard to read at times, with the mistakes......

I can look over something 20 times and not find the mistakes until the 50th LOL

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Ditto here. Hence all the 'edit' notices at the bottom of my posts...

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Hey, I really have been meaning to tell you.... uuuhhh.... aren't you the security chief.. head honcho man on the Penelope?

A small woman keeps slipping out of your grasp?? *as I shake my head back and forth* wow....

so one question.... what are YOU going to do about it?

[edit on 28-3-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You don't have to leave those there, you can highlight and delete them so when you're finally finished there is will be only one EDIT notification

posted on Mar, 28 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
Hey, I reedited my post.... man I write bad, I make mistakes in language and third person to first person besides my spelling.

Anyway, I redid it to read better in correcting mistakes.

Sorry, I know my postings can be hard to read at times, with the mistakes......

I can look over something 20 times and not find the mistakes until the 50th LOL

I do this too QA - I can proof read the gwarking thing 5 times and then, for some reason, not noticed it until it's posted. Yesterday I had to edit a post because I forgot the word 'to' somewhere in fixed it, reread and found that in refering to Scurvy, I put 'her' tentacles instead of 'his' Lucikly, I caught this before the editing time expired. Being a Virgo, I can become so picky over my own postings. In fact, after I write and before I post....I end up deleting a lot of extra, unnecessary words. Shee my posts are long enough as it is

And, may I say QA - I enjoy your posts and the flavor you're adding to the oprea. =) Well done!

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join