It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 178
<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by prof-rabbit

Ah, that makes much more sense. That's very interesting research in my opinion. I get the feeling that the human rest cycle is tied to the day/night cycle.

I wonder what would turn up if you checked, say native Alaskans versus people that lived at the equator.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Cool Ideas

Sounds like they’d all work just fine.

I used to have a problem with the cocoons being aboard and Ship not knowing - but then I think of the little cooties we’ve got running around on our own bodies (like the little animals that live on our eyelashes, etc) and it’s not to hard to believe Ship might have missed this.

OR - Maybe you can come up with some kind of idea how the area with the cocoons is desensitized and invisibalized (lol).

So, who and what is the shapeshifter?

I mean does QA give a description or a background or is that something that needs to be developed? (No problem with that - just asking)

OH! Could this SS have anything to do with coshing Antar on the head? We should ask her if she wants to tie in her getting whacked (almost) to this...

Thank you Studious!

[edit on 30-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Cool Ideas

Sounds like they’d all work just fine.

Excellent.

I knew there was a solution out there.

OR - Maybe you can come up with some kind of idea how the area with the cocoons is desensitized and invisibalized (lol).

Perhaps whatever keeps the crew knocked out in the cocoons could have some kind of numbing effect like local anesthetic on Ship as well. This would explain why Ship couldn't feel the cocoons.

I also had the shapeshifter's gun be able to change shape and color so maybe the cocoons could use similar technology. That would allow the cocoons to change color and blend into the walls.

This would make all of the technology that the shapeshifter uses have properties similar to himself. Which would make sense because his tools would be too easily spotted if they weren't able to change shape and color like he can.

So, who and what is the shapeshifter?

I mean does QA give a description or a background or is that something that needs to be developed? (No problem with that - just asking)

The following quote is when QA talks about him. It's not a lot of information but from it I gather he's cruel and he's focused on making QA perform as well as she possibly can. In the quote below he ensures she performs well at her job by denying her from having any drinks from the bar.

Originally posted by questioningall
As QA accepted the drink from Cindymars and was about to take a sip, she was grabbed from behind and the glass knocked out of her tentacle by a crew member she had not come across onboard as of yet.

The crew member had a very mean and cruel face with a look of utter hate, as he began dragging QA away. Others tried to stop him, but he gave them a shove, letting them know, they were not to involve themselves in this matter.

He managed to get QA outside the bar despite the protest from others.
Once outside the doors he threw her against the wall, trapping her there and abruptly giving her a very painful squeeze of her arm. He got within inches of her face telling her in no certain terms was sheEVER to drink anything in the bar! It would never be acceptable, as they had spent years training her mind and capabilities to be sharp and focused and they were not going to let drinks, ruin the 60 years of the intense training QA has received.

He continued to inform her, he was her handler onboard, but he was also a shape shifter, so she would not recognize him the next time or ever. He would appear only once each time with a certain look and would continually change his looks, so she would never know who he was or when he was watching her.

Source Post

OH! Could this SS have anything to do with coshing Antar on the head? We should ask her if she wants to tie in her getting whacked (almost) to this...

True that's a good idea we'll just have to see if it works with what Antar was planning.

Thank you Studious!

You're welcome.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

He continued to inform her, he was her handler onboard, but he was also a shape shifter,

Fabulous!
That’s the line I couldn’t find.
Great work, great work.

You feel a plan coming together there Studious - Cool Beans!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
If there are no objections I am about to turn the Penelope's emitters into a giant photo flash. To all blonds, please note we are not taking your picture :>

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

rotfl

But, (having a blond moment) - what are you about to do?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

rotfl

But, (having a blond moment) - what are you about to do?

Create a flash brighter than the sun for a fraction of a second, bright enough to be seen on Mars.

-=|:=->=

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN

Ah, that makes much more sense. That's very interesting research in my opinion. I get the feeling that the human rest cycle is tied to the day/night cycle.

I wonder what would turn up if you checked, say native Alaskans versus people that lived at the equator.

Very true, I do know that the totally blind have hiccups in their wake/sleep cycles.

As an aside you might want to pop over to the Penelope and ask for a new quantum IP, your last address went to Dev/Null.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by prof-rabbit]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
quick question. Where is the Yydryl at? Or can someone link me to an important post that states its current location?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OMG I am getting a headache.
Number 1. Loam was taken off by some witch, Antar wrote it, he is not in a cacoon.

Number 2. I really think this shapeshifter should be the fall guy and the cacoon creater, somehow used or blocked SHIP from knowing.

Number 3. The writers that came and left without explaination are who is responsible for the plot mess. I have pretty much explained (with readers imagination) what happened with Cadburry, with time I am working on another pirate post.

Number 4. I don't fracking know!

Edited to add:

I have several plot lines developing slowly to tie back to the rip and all that but I am not in a hurry nor do I really want to reveal them.

As far as my concept for the time travel. If someone is thinking linear it does not work. So if I am gone a year in another time coordinate I could only be gone seconds, hours, minutes, it all depends what coordinate I return to. That's just how I see it, since non of us TT.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Number 1. Loam was taken off by some witch, Antar wrote it, he is not in a cacoon.

We could easily have the shapeshifter have changed his looks to appear to be the MS Witch. We know that QA said it was possible from him to change his appearance every time she met him.

Originally posted by questioningall
He continued to inform her, he was her handler onboard, but he was also a shape shifter, so she would not recognize him the next time or ever. He would appear only once each time with a certain look and would continually change his looks, so she would never know who he was or when he was watching her.

(Emphasis added)
Source Post

Since Antar only mentions seeing Loam fleetingly, it wouldn't be too much of a problem to have what appeared to be the MS Witch really be the shapeshifter in disguise.

Originally posted by antar
Stepping through the palladium entry and past the main deck of the bridge just in time to catch a disappearing glimpse of the MS Witch with her arm draped around the waist of Interrex Captain Loam!

Source Post

Originally posted by cindymars
Number 2. I really think this shapeshifter should be the fall guy and the cacoon creater, somehow used or blocked SHIP from knowing.

(If you were already aware of the newest proposed solution then disregard the statement below.)

That idea is the central focus of the new idea that was posted here.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Studious]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It is fine with me and I appreciate your efforts in tying up some of these loose ends.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

We could easily have the Shapeshifter have changed his looks to appear to be the MS Witch. We know that QA said it was possible from him to change his appearance every time she met him.

Which would also work for the Shapeshifter, as the WS Witch - whacking Antar on the head?

Not that Antar will want to use that idea, but, if she does , it will tie in...

Just sayin...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

One other point to ponder - are those ensconced in the cocoons in some sort of suspended animation, or have they died in the interim?

If suspended animation, how long will they remain so, and what happens when they wake up (apparently without writers)?

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

One other point to ponder - are those ensconced in the cocoons in some sort of suspended animation, or have they died in the interim?

IMO - dead.

Or better yet - zombie like and when they emerge we get to blow them to bits with one of Deson’s fantastic weapons.

I wouldn't mind getting some good practice in with my new knives.

(I'm feeling a little bloodthirsty this morning)...

[edit on 31-8-2009 by silo13]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

If suspended animation, how long will they remain so, and what happens when they wake up (apparently without writers)?

Wellll as a games character said "Kill 'em all let god sort them out" the alternative is a lot of NPC's roaming about without direction.

Next possibility is to have ship consider the shapeshifter a "virus" and dump it into space.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by nenothtu

Or better yet - zombie like and when they emerge we get to blow them to bits with one of Deson’s fantastic weapons.

Way too cool! slice and dice, carpet looks a bit threadbare, time for lunch!

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

IMO - dead.

I KNEW I had a good reason for liking you! (and staying on your good side....
)

Dead could explain why Yydryl was unaware of the presences... and perhaps the shapeshifter was gonna come back and eat them later, as a spider does with cocooned victims... More Uman meals.... ugh!

It appears Luder is setting a course for Yydryl, assuming we can find her, so perhaps another meeting is in the near future. I hope to be able to crank out a post where I find my shiny new spaceship to add to Penelope's ragtag little fleet before we leave Earth orbit, but I'm not putting money on it, as I'm too tired to seriously write at the moment.

One more thing - if they turn out to be zombies, remember to aim for the head!

[edit on 2009/8/31 by nenothtu]

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

IMO - dead.

Zombie's yeah, I like that, can I write it?

Just kidding, you go ahead and while your at it, blow thier Zombie heads off,
Then we will go to The Swamp play the "Thriller" video and drink Zombie's whilst wearing their heads on our belts.

Im just saying....

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Toodles
quick question. Where is the Yydryl at? Or can someone link me to an important post that states its current location?

Hey Toodles, to my best recollection te Yydryl is somewhere near Rigel, I do not think it has moved since I started in the Opera. sad huh?

top topics

<< 175  176  177    179  180  181 >>

join