It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Hey Toodles, to my best recollection te Yydryl is somewhere near Rigel, I do not think it has moved since I started in the Opera. sad huh?

Ya know, I am so glad you said that.

Here I've been trying to snip and cut and tuck here and there at old lines - fry some like a lighter to fraying rope, etc, and, Ha... I forgot where we were.

SO! Looking forward to meeting up with the Penelope.

And sure, I wouldn't mind writing finding the cocoons and then using a Deson Special on them.

Considering I'm about to head back to the Center as quick as I can it would be my pleasure.

I think CindyMars has a post first but then I’ll hook up with Studious for a little heart to heart and then off to the Center I go.

See ya on the beach boys...

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the info. I will edit to match it up

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Yydryl was in motion going towards Earth when Penelope first ran into her along the way, precipitating the first NI invasion of Yydryl. This occurred in the orbit of an obscure planet between (jump-wise) Betelguese and Earth. Penelope took her leave from that episode, and I don't believe Yydryl has moved from that spot.

I recall neno speculating whether or not the obscure planet in question was the dreaded wilds of Khalamzadar.

So, last I recall, Yydryl is in the orbit of an unnamed planet, around an obscure star.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

So, last I recall, Yydryl is in the orbit of an unnamed planet, around an obscure star.

Well, at least it gives us a lot to work with when you all get there.

Thank you tons.

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have already set course for Rigel lol. Guess when we find nothing there we will have to ask Seeker for an exact position and coordinates

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Neno can you show me who set the Yydryl on that course, because I do not recall it.

Show me the post please, if you would.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I haven't found anything about where the Yydryl was going before the Penelope arrived. However Luder's posts mention the name of the planet the Yydryl is in orbit of as Kelvax.

Originally posted by mf_luder
Captain's Log, UEF Standard Date 23200607. Upon reaching the surface of a world known to us now as Kelvax,

Source Post.

That post also includes the background information on two nations Luder created that exist on the planet.

It also talks about the ambassadors that are (were?) on board the Penelope.

I say were because nothing was written about them after the attack by the three NI battleships. Did they die during that attack?

Accompanying me are Prime Ambassador Darlnoria Venadiss of Toknoria and Ambassador Shesalla Poraa of Berona.

(Same source as above quote)

[edit on 2-9-2009 by Studious]

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Good catch, Studious.

They are still on board.

If the Yydryl is still in orbit, it shouldn't be a problem for the Penelope to get to it.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Now the Penelope can stop a charging Rhino and kick it into the next country perhaps we can get some payback!

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I will make a post tonight. Sorry for delays. Been having computer problems lately.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I will not be online from Saturday until Tuesday.

Silo are you still having computer problem?
Because we need to communicate.
Hope you are ok.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hey CindyMars -
I'm here, only not quite here.
I don't have any of my old notes, pictures, etc so it's kind of like I just started all over again.
Slowly but surely I'll get everything back.

U2U or find me here anytime today (It's 0700 Friday morning for me).

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

I would like to to first apologize for my recent absences from the story. I have a lot going on in the real world with my family and I am about to move to Germany for my new duty assignment - after that - I'm probably going back to Iraq for round 3.

That being said, my focus has been shifted away from the Space Opera and I haven't been able to devote the time I might should have to keeping up with the USS Penelope and her actions. When I sit down to post these days, its usually just to follow up off of the other crew or to 'give orders'.

I feel it is high time for me to move on. I'll come up with some way to work Luder out of the main story line, don't plan on going out in some crazy fireball or nothing like that. I'd actually like to have him still in the story in case I ever got my spark back.

I would like to say thank you to everyone in this collaborative setting. We have been working on this story for far longer than I ever expected we would and no matter what was going on in my life, the Space Opera was there in the background.

I will still be around the forums, so you'll still see me every once in a while.

Good luck to all of you in the future in all that you do and if you ever need anything don't be afraid to U2U me or for those of you who have my email - shoot me a line.

Godspeed.

USS Penelope Actual
Signing Off....

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Well, I can't really just leave like that.

Since Neno has been gone for some time - I need to turn the ship over to another live human being.

So.

SEEKER - you are hereby the commander of the USS Penelope. You are the next crew member with seniority aside from Neno.

If you have any questions or anything, don't be afraid to contact me and I will help you out as best I can.

I should have my exit post up by the end of the weekend.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I'm sorry to hear that Luder, I really am. Without you this Opera wouldn't have been the same.

Wish I could say I knew you better than I do. I don't know much about you, but I can tell that you're an excellent sort of person. We would be great friends if we ever met outside the paranoid reality of ATS.

Good luck with your re-assignment and stay safe if you go back to Iraq mate.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Hello everyone.

I would like to to first apologize for my recent absences from the story. I have a lot going on in the real world with my family and I am about to move to Germany for my new duty assignment - after that - I'm probably going back to Iraq for round 3.

That being said, my focus has been shifted away from the Space Opera and I haven't been able to devote the time I might should have to keeping up with the USS Penelope and her actions. When I sit down to post these days, its usually just to follow up off of the other crew or to 'give orders'.

I feel it is high time for me to move on. I'll come up with some way to work Luder out of the main story line, don't plan on going out in some crazy fireball or nothing like that. I'd actually like to have him still in the story in case I ever got my spark back.

I would like to say thank you to everyone in this collaborative setting. We have been working on this story for far longer than I ever expected we would and no matter what was going on in my life, the Space Opera was there in the background.

I will still be around the forums, so you'll still see me every once in a while.

Good luck to all of you in the future in all that you do and if you ever need anything don't be afraid to U2U me or for those of you who have my email - shoot me a line.

Godspeed.

USS Penelope Actual
Signing Off....

Wow, godspeed indeed, or in my case may the gods watch over you. Please leave yourself an "opening" either to return with a cameo or come back when you have time.

It has been good to have you as Captain, even for the short time I have been here.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by prof-rabbit]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Luder - wow.
Opera without Luder.
Too strange that.

So, best of luck to you, I wont try to twist your arm to stay I've more respect for you than that...

Are you going to leave your character usable as an NPC or just away from the screen momentarily until you might want to pop back in however long from now?

Thanks so much for making the Opera great - your pen was one of the mightiest swords here.

peace on you and yours
gracie

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Thanks for your kind words, everyone.

For anyone who doesn't have it - my email address is james.c.gammage@us.army.mil

Shoot me a line if you need anything or just want to talk.

My final post is up. Almost brings a tear to my eye - honestly. But I can no longer devote my full attention here as I could before. I left an opening to come back - my character isn't dead or anything crazy. But I can't see me coming back full-on any time in the foreseeable future.

Good luck to all of you and I will see you around the boards.

May the Force be with you, always.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
wow...luder...gone. This will be very weird indeed. It was good having you man. RL comes first always and I wish you the best of luck. Thanks again for recruiting me into the opera and good luck to you

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

"I've come to start you down a path, Myron Francis.

Looks like the Captain's name really was Myron Francis! (That was a nice touch to your post by the way.
)

With your departure it'll be strange not being able to write Studious disobeying your orders and storming the bridge brandishing a firearm.

But seriously you will be missed,

and it was an honor to write with you.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Studious]

new topics

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join