It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 180
<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

LOL!

Oh man, was it the best idea to give command of the Penelope over to Asher? He's certainly capable of it, don't get me wrong, but he's not the most 'human' character I've ever written.

We can make it work, I'm interested to see how it turns out.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN

LOL!

Oh man, was it the best idea to give command of the Penelope over to Asher? He's certainly capable of it, don't get me wrong, but he's not the most 'human' character I've ever written.

We can make it work, I'm interested to see how it turns out.

As are we all, in the best traditions of theater "on with the show!" you might want to get us moving at least, seeing as we started from somewhere and are presently in the middle of nowhere :>

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well isn't Asher on the Yydryl right now?

Ok, so he's also on the Penny too right?

Ooohhh this should be interesting.

Can't wait to see how you tie these many story lines together!

Woohoo!

On with the show!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Well isn't Asher on the Yydryl right now?

Ok, so he's also on the Penny too right?

Ooohhh this should be interesting.

Can't wait to see how you tie these many story lines together!

Woohoo!

On with the show!

Ahhh, well not exactly, Seeker left a "bookmark" on the Penelope between blank pages, so we ahhh, had some quantum IP address problems. So we "purged his bookmark" hmmm, let me fix the problem.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Knock Knock "Mr Seeker I believe your presence has been requested"

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Roger that, I will get on it as soon as I can.

- Seeker

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Studious?
CindyMars?

???

Someone want to let me know where you two want to go or are we circling the drain?

Thanks - Hope you two are ok!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Studious?
CindyMars?

???

Someone want to let me know where you two want to go or are we circling the drain?

Thanks - Hope you two are ok!

I left a post that I would not be near the computer until today.
My last post leaves it clear to meet me on the bridge.
I had a fabulous weekend.

Peace!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Thanks for your kind words, everyone.

For anyone who doesn't have it - my email address is [email protected]

Shoot me a line if you need anything or just want to talk.

My final post is up. Almost brings a tear to my eye - honestly. But I can no longer devote my full attention here as I could before. I left an opening to come back - my character isn't dead or anything crazy. But I can't see me coming back full-on any time in the foreseeable future.

Good luck to all of you and I will see you around the boards.

May the Force be with you, always.

OMG...I am really bummed. I did tear up.
I do understand but you will be greatly missed.
I wish you to be blessed in every way and to stay safe.
Peace. Please come back some day.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I will be away next week from Sunday to Saturday (6 days) to help my nephew with his new house and limited to dialup only. (makes you want to get out and PUSH the electrons!)

Ergo if we are about to do anything please let me know, or alternatively I can get a bout of the dreaded "Chickaladorian flu" and be out of action, thereby allowing the very able Ms Craig to be the NPC Chief Engineer.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm still here.

I had the flu (not sure if it was swine or not) for the past few days, but I'm doing much better now.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious
reply to post by silo13

I'm still here.

I had the flu (not sure if it was swine or not) for the past few days, but I'm doing much better now.

We had some version go through the whole family a couple of weeks ago. More groaning here than a farmer waiting for rain.

Meanwhile the story has done a circle of sorts. Should we not "weigh anchor" and at least be moving?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Indeed, a circle of sorts. Funny thing about going around in circles is that you eventually arrive back at the beginning, the starting point. We appear to have arrived at one in the Space Opera.

This, then is a new beginning.

Most of my Space Opera stuff is still on my super 'puter at my old house, and I still haven't got access to it. To get the tag code for the badge at the beginning of my story thread posts, I quoted myself and stole the tag code from the quoted text. For those who have taken over positions vacated by previous writers, I would ask you to do the same for the shipboard positions you have been assigned to. It helps the readers keep track of who is who, and it definitely would help me in keeping the new characters straight.

Someone here had computer problems, and trashed a pretty fair computer. Left it sitting at the curb for the trash man. I saw it one morning taking my son to school, and snagged it, thinking I could use it for parts. As it turned out, after some beer and head scratching, I found that the ONLY problem with it was a missing Master Boot Record on the hard drive, causing the computer to be unable to boot. I downloaded an operating system on another machine here (the one I was using last week), formatted the drive, and installed two operating systems on it, making a dual boot (windows xp/linux ubuntu), and it works just fine. Cooks with gas, as a matter of fact. The graphics card is only one step down from my super 'puter, Slightly less RAM at the moment, but a 60% faster cpu sort of compensates. I'm content for the moment, and you just can't beat the price.

I started a new gallery dedicated solely to Space Opera pictures. it can be found here.

As I said before, most of my space opera stuff is still "indisposed", but I've acquired a few new models to tinker with for the moment. The Penelope and Yydryl models and files are still on the other computer, but here is a ship I found that will answer for an Ophiuchi fighter:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/66d83ef7e187.jpg[/atsimg]

Here's one that will answer for a Ophiuchi Clawship, but I've yet to be able to convert the model to a format that Celestia will use:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d0727cff166.jpg[/atsimg]

I keep getting an overflow error during the conversion process from the Orbiter .msh format to the .3ds format. I'm hoping Deson will happen along and have a solution for that, since he's a good bit more well versed in 3d modelling than I am.

There are a couple other pictures in the gallery (8 at present), and you can look them over by clicking on the link above.

Here's to the Space Opera, Onward and Outward, the destruction of the Ophiuchi Menace and the Dark Lord, and putting some Big Glue on the Big Rip, and saving the Universe for the sake of all sentient beings!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Way to Neno.
We needed that shot in the arm.
The claw ship looks ominous and evil.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Finlly got a version of the Ophiuchi Clawship that would work in Celestia. Here is the result:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4596d6144c66.jpg[/atsimg]

It's actually a ship from Babylon 5, but the appearance seems to work with Luder's description.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

OH! I'm so sorry!
Glad to hear you're better though!

I'm on my way to find you and go to the bridge.

At the same time when we get there for the talk between all on the Yydryl we've got the Penny contacting us to send you back over to the brig there.

Please U2U me how you'd like to proceed.

It seems Asher is off the Yydryl (oh gawd another loose end - no offense Asher) - but for the moment we've got to deal with you Studious, meeting on the bridge and where we'll go from there.

Last I knew CindyMars was going with Chumley to deal with the cocoons (even though readers don't know that yet)...

So let me know please how you want to proceed.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

As I read Asher's comments, it will probably be more along the lines of an OFFER to house him in our brig if he's becoming too problematic over there, and less of a demand to produce the body for the Penelope. We seem to have bigger fish to fry at the moment than bounty hunting, and I'm sure that will be neno's pragmatic approach.

Make no mistake, though, if Studious comes back aboard Penelope, he's going to jail! Just too unstable to remain at large over here.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Someone here had computer problems, and trashed a pretty fair computer. Left it sitting at the curb for the trash man.

Slightly less RAM at the moment, but a 60% faster cpu sort of compensates. I'm content for the moment, and you just can't beat the price.

I do that part time to give to the disabled community, so we see lots of parts here, (my wife says "Not more computers!")

I picked up a nice HP laptop at an auction, the original owner scrubbed the drive so booting gave an error (no operating system) less than two years old for less than $200, installed OS, programs, nice!

Here's one that will answer for a Ophiuchi Clawship, but I've yet to be able to convert the model to a format that Celestia will use:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d0727cff166.jpg[/atsimg]

A little close to a Klingon ship but nice.

I have trouble with super glue and plastic, 3D modeling programs are not for me..

Here's to the Space Opera, Onward and Outward, the destruction of the Ophiuchi Menace and the Dark Lord, and putting some Big Glue on the Big Rip, and saving the Universe for the sake of all sentient beings!

Ra! Ra!, I want to see my rail guns cut something up!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

reply to post by silo13

Make no mistake, though, if Studious comes back aboard Penelope, he's going to jail! Just too unstable to remain at large over here.

I'll weld the door shut for you Sir!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Ok - well then, if I don't hear from Studious soon I'll make it to the bridge on my own without Studious (I dunno maybe go by the Embassadors suite and he's not there, not sure yet).

But anyway, I'll get to the bridge and answer your call so we don't hold you all up.

Will check back later.

top topics

<< 177  178  179    181  182  183 >>

join