It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've contacted staff about why I can't log on to the media portal, but I really need a short term solution to get this uploaded now. If another Alien posts before I post this I may have to rewrite it and I really don't want to do that.

Can someone please help?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I found this on a forum about the Media Portal. Maybe this will work.

"I was getting the same thing, the Media Portal wouldn't let me log in using my ATS username and password, so I changed my password and for whatever reason it worked. So if you're still having trouble you could try changing your password... by Titen-Sxull"

If not you could post so that the slot is not taken up. And then edit the post when the media portal does work.

Just found this as well.

"Since you do have an ATS account, just use the "log in" button on the Media section instead of the "register" button. It should accept your ATS member name and password. If you're like me and you don't know your password anymore because you let your computer do the brain work in the household, you can change your ATS password in your MemCenter and try again with the new password- by americandingbat"

I just tried logging unto Media Portal. When I click Log in and type in my regular ATS username and password it works.

When I click Register however it does not and displays

"Signups Disabled
Sorry, Signups have been disabled. Please check back later!"

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Fixed it! Thanks for your help!

Now I suppose it's going to tell me there's nowhere to upload a .pdf?

EDIT: It seems like that's exactly what it's telling me. Great.

[edit on 19-3-2009 by Cadbury]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Oh Captain I just knew that I should wait to write until you posted first however it was midnight last night and I ahve a wedding in another state to attend today so I wanted to get 'something' out just in case I get delayed or something... Cant wait to board the ship however I may encounter a little trouble along the way... Those damn Rigellian underground Yylrons!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Oh Captain I just knew that I should wait to write until you posted first however it was midnight last night and I ahve a wedding in another state to attend today so I wanted to get 'something' out just in case I get delayed or something... Cant wait to board the ship however I may encounter a little trouble along the way... Those damn Rigellian underground Yylrons!

No, no! It's fine that you posted before me, it's just that what I've written is going to be a reply to Skyfloating and I wanted to post it now, before the story changes any more.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Nice one in cadbury-style.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I came up with some weapons diagnostics in my post, I figure if the Earthlings know their military capacities we should as well.

Captain if any of the information is outdated please inform me so I can update the statistics report. (If you want to change any of it I'll edit it)

This collaboration is turning out even better than I thought. Kudos to all the other posters, your contributions have been awesome thus far.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

I've no problem with PDF format. Matter of fact, I was toying with the notion of bringing up the idea of editing the opera together and converting it to PDF at the conclusion.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Attention Penelope crew members.

I'm going to write up a "manual" detailing operational conditions on board the ship.

It is essentially more or less a "Player's Handbook to the Penelope" so that if we need certain information or something, it's all in place for you to look over at a glance.

And as always,

I'm open for suggestions.

Plus - it's a good continuity device for anyone who comes in after we all are either dead or booted off the ship (hopefully years) down the road.... lol.

Grand idea! I'm looking forward to a firmer "framework".

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

I've not read the main posts yet (I come here to catch up first on the 'behind the scenes' stuff to brace myself), but I'm game for a little conflict and tension. After all, that's one of the prime requisites for grand fiction, according to one of my professors at college all those years ago.

Yup, Neno don't like spit shine. He views it as unnecessary 'make-work', not to mention that shiny stuff on a combat op will get you killed. He feels it's a bad habit to get into, but recognizes the necessity to follow orders, especially in such a structured military hierarchy.

That said, Neno ISN'T as structured as most military minds, due to his background. As a mercenary, he was afforded the opportunity to select his own enemies (by accepting or rejecting any particular contract) rather than allowing the state to select his enemies for him as is the case in a State military mechanism. Sometimes the two coincide, often they don't.

He selected his contracts on the basis of merit, who he thought "needed" a butt-kicking, not just for the money (although that was NICE too!). In other words, he's a mercenary of conscience. You'd be surprised how many in the real world are, for just the reasons I've enumerated. Now on the subject of orders, as I've said before, "orders is orders". Don't mean you have to like 'em, just follow 'em. Conflict can sometimes enter when an order is issued that the recipient feels is 'illegal', or 'immoral'. Cap'n Luder, am I worng in assuming that it's a soldiers DUTY to refuse and report orders from higher ups that are patently illegal? 'nuff said.

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I just got a U2U asking about permissions on the pictures I post. As far as I'm concerned, anything I do for this collaberation is the property of all here, not just mine. So feel free to do with them as you will, photoshop 'em, warp 'em, or wrap fish it 'em if you want. They're not mine, they're OURS.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I haven't seen the document yet, no - but I will be sure to go take a look at it.

Thanks for the heads up.

Are you looking for a job perchance?!?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
What is Studious's title? Marine Commander? Commandant? Major? Dual Battalion Mucky-Muck?

I'd like to know how to adress someone who has just assaulted my august personage...

edit: there's that pesky spelling bug agin... I meant to spell "agin" that way....

[edit on 2009/3/19 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
here's a couple of wormhole shots done in Celestia, in honor of this voyage getting underway:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87b4800aed23.jpg[/atsimg]

and a little closer:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/704a603df181.jpg[/atsimg]

it says "solar wormhole" because that's where I put this one, in the solar system a little beyond Pluto. Feel free to crop that out if it doesn't meet the need.

nenothtu out

edit: to fix links

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Silo13:

I like what you've done with your avatar! Gives me a warm fuzzy to know the shot got put to use like that.

Note: "warm fuzzy" was NOT a dig at aliens. Really!

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Things are getting very interesting in the RP thread. An enjoyable read so far with scenes promising of lots more to come.

Perfect.

Love the new avvies and the black holes pics too.

When I log off tonight, I'll be gone until Sunday, but I'll be wondering what's going on the whole time.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
What is Studious's title? Marine Commander? Commandant? Major? Dual Battalion Mucky-Muck?

I'd like to know how to adress someone who has just assaulted my august personage...

edit: there's that pesky spelling bug agin... I meant to spell "agin" that way....

LOL

He's a Colonel as of right now.

So - Colonel Studious.

Commandant of the Marine Battalions on the Penelope.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

By the by - I like the gold/yellow you used on the titles in the avatars, it hearkens back to the old command yellow of the Original Star Trek series. (*No, I'm not that old - lol - just a fan.)

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Added to the roster, Captain.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I just called him "boss" (rhymes with "hoss", and carries about as much weight with me
) in the story thread until he identifies himself to me. No need to stand on formality when a stranger has a grip on you...

nenothtu out

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join