It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

On my avatar...are those swords....OR GLOWING TENTACLES lol

Or SHARP, GLOWING built-in Ninja swords? I don't mind getting my head cut off, but don't you dare be glowing at me when you do it!

Like I said, you folks(?) scare me!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

I snatched the banner, but I haven't a clue as to how to drop it in the signature line and Hyperlink it (technophobia rears it's ugly head again!)

Anybody that can school me?

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

The way I understand it, it's going to be me.

For the alien crew - Cadbury has to write their first mission.

I'm basically the "game master" if you will for the USS Penelope.

and I have a story, I tell you

I'm just waiting for you guys to post again - I already made my last one.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I'm not going to lie - the suspense is killing me too and I know what's going to happen next!!!!!

You people need to respond!!!!!!

LOL

I can't wait for my next post..... God I can't wait.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

The sensor systems work by three modes:

Passive Scan. - This mode is for detecting any upcoming threats or anomalies to the ship and is always running, regardless of alert status or any other running modes the ship may be in.

Active Scan. - This mode is for directly scanning any vessels, objects, etc. the crew would like to know more about.

Long-Range Scan. - This is high on power consumption but is capable of presenting near-real time data of the surrounding 500ly of space when used.

The ship does not carry probes.

I took this "no probe thing" as an official report in my story post.

Does this mean we cannot develop probes later, or use things similar to probes like a shuttle or fighter equipped to be one.

If we do develop any new things I think we should mention working on them long before we ever actually use them though. Unless it is just a simple refit of something we already have.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

I need to actually edit that - lol.

I'm about to make another post and you'll see what happened w/ the probes.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The Penelope's New Clothes

No longer is the Penelope thrashing around in the universe buck nekkid.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19388ce6c572.jpg[/atsimg]

I wrestled with this machine most of the day trying to fix the surface. Finally, in exasperation and on the verge of sticking my foot through my monitor, I gave up and went to the living room to watch a zombie flick. About 45 minutes into it, a really simple answer popped into my head, light bulb and all. During a commercial, I applied the fix, and these are what I got.

This one has been adjusted for brightness:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b41628178a23.jpg[/atsimg]

Heading back to the La-BOR-a-tory now...

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Hey Penelope crew,

Let me know if you do/don't like the direction I'm going w/ the storyline - since I'm kind of on my own with it, I don't want to seem overbearing and I'm certainly not trying to make Captain Luder a spotlight hog.

Just noticed I'm not getting stars anymore - didnt know if that meant people were like, "This is crap!" LOL

I'm open to suggestions, always.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yydryl Crew -

I hear from Ship (the Carpet actually) Captain Cadbury has a *Verbalizer* outside his cabin door.
From what Carpet tells me crew members can leave messages for the Captain on his Verbalizer and the Captain can listen to them later.
This is only an idea that does not have to be used by any other crew members of course.
If you don’t like the Verbalizer it can conveniently become *broken*.
(Maybe working it in to some kind of sabotage to go along with the darkness of a death on the ship?)
Anyway, I haven't used it yet, only referred to it as one (possible) means of communication to the Captain.

I’ve another post to leave off on the story but doing all I can to pare it down as much as possible.

It’s tough for me to keep the posts as small as possible but I love the challenge.

Have a Wonderful Sunday you all!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Just as a note to the Alien crew already aboard; you can chat amongst each other on thread and familiarise yourselves with your stations while we wait for our last collaborators. I'll be coming aboard myself very shortly, so if you wanted to go ahead and write something you don't need to wait for any orders or anything. Just go with what you want to do and as soon as everyone is in and ready we'll get on with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I would like to request that all personnel on the Yydryl make it clear which ship they are on. It does not have to take up entire avie or anything just something to signify which ship you are on.

Thanks, Chief Medical Officer antar

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks antar - and btw - your work on this has been exceptional. I love your media page! I'll be putting Yydryl back on my 'location'

Guys ::blush:: I am sorry to say I am on dial up (yes even in Indy DSL is not available) - I'm going to have to get satellite asafp

Even d/l pdfs is excrutiatingly slow. If possible, can someone email me Cadburys post in word format? [email protected]

Also, I've been looking around on photobucket for a new avatar - I found one that was cute but could be offensive to peeps not involved in the opera - it was a tentacle shaped like all those ribbons people use for various causes and it said 'help stop tentacle cancer' I don't feel okay using this.

antar sent me a link to an avatar thingy and this tech challenged and processor speed challenged peep will TRY to do some work on this but, if anyone has suggestions, I'd be appreciative. Can you have a cute tentacaled avatar? lol I want her attractive but, fierce.

Did I read a member of crew had a divorce and dog die in same day? Sure makes my ATS issues look trival and put into perspective. Best of luck to you - warmth and light coming your way.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
For anyone who doesn't know how to put a link in your signature line, the way I did it was start a reply to any post and use the hyperlink tab. Copy and paste the link for the opera and use the Space Opera for name of html - don't post the reply but copy the url data and paste it to your signature line.

Did that make sense? lol more coffee!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
Guys ::blush:: I am sorry to say I am on dial up (yes even in Indy DSL is not available) - I'm going to have to get satellite asafp

Even d/l pdfs is excrutiatingly slow. If possible, can someone email me Cadburys post in word format? [email protected]

Hmm. That's strange. Even on 56k that .pdf should have loaded fairly quickly, as it's only 54.1kb in size. I can u2u just the text to you if you'd like but remember that the formatting will not be as I intended it to be, and it may be difficult to read.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I sent it to you via email last evening my time...

Sorry you didn't get it...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I think you boo-boo'd:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Clean-up on aisle four...

Guess you have to edit with some narrative. There ain't no noggin on the Yydryl, don't ya know.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ack help!!! I totally meant to put that here - staff alert!

I complained on myself - hopfully we can get this move or deleted soon. Jeez so sorry ::sigh::

[edit on 3/22/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not to worry Whisper we are all just kicking in here and actually I kind of like that the U-Man crew is setting their stage for the beginning, we will all jump in soon and take up some pages too I am sure.

I was out cutting down trees for a clearing/park/meditation/Tee-pee space on my property and grabbed a huge poison oak trundle, cut myself on it and it rushed through my veins and itch burned all the way up to my face...

I washed in bleach, took 4 benedryls, and am dizzy, suffering and wont be writing the piece I was going to tonight on the discovery of our first crew casualty as it may come out really odd or drunk sounding...

God I am dizzy right now , whoa!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ok so on a side note what happened to Fooks? I mean really not in character role... Murder, I figured that was going to be coming soon...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Dang antar!! I hope you are okay - get some rest okies?!

Yeah, I'd like to hear a bit about fooks too.

Take care!! Warmth & light to you!

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join