It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Yydryl's New Clothes

Finally got the texture maps working on the Yydryl. I'm thinking a more intricate surface pattern adds to the realism of the scenes, and the green tinge ought to go well with the notion of an organic ship.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e4e57476433.jpg[/atsimg]

What does the crew think? go with this, or back to the slick skin?

i'm gonna have to dig back into the crew list to keep who's on which boat (dead OR alive) straight. I'll post again when I get my head straight.

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/3/22 by nenothtu]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Ok so on a side note what happened to Fooks? I mean really not in character role... Murder, I figured that was going to be coming soon...

Murder most foul indeed, antar. Quite unexpected, really, but when is it not?

There is a murderer loose on the Penelope and I know who it is!!!

(not telling
)

[edit on 22/3/09 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Nature is EVIL! telling would make my job so much easier... Alright, back to the salt mines... move along everyone, nothing to see here....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
Nature is EVIL!

NATURE can also be your most timely benefactor.

telling would make my job so much easier...

Well... yeah.

A little suggestion to the role players. Short interactive posts are welcomed in the main thread as well. I'm not being critical of the creativity behind the longer posts... they are fantastic.

I'm wondering if some may be intimidated and hold back from posting much by the sheer brilliance obvious in the first couple of pages.

Don't be!

Have conversations between your crew members that verge on 'small talk'. Just remember that the Penelope and the Yydryl will not meet for a while yet.

The whole idea is to have FUN with this.

Also, I'm still getting requests from other members wanting to join in, so expect to see them in this thread first.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Really? Fooks?

Aw, come on man!

lol

He was one of my favorites - his writing style reminded me of a Vin Diesel flick.

We're going to get to the bottom of this.....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

YOU didn't see this coming either?

SOMETHING sinster this way came... It's roaming the universe, punching holes in folks... each crew had a deader. The Yydryl case seems cut-and-dried... or WAS it?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
The [another blast hits the ship] is a joke. Studious would not swear but the rest of the crew will think he just did.

Originally posted by mf_luder
Hey Penelope crew,

Let me know if you do/don't like the direction I'm going w/ the storyline - since I'm kind of on my own with it, I don't want to seem overbearing and I'm certainly not trying to make Captain Luder a spotlight hog.

Don't worry about it, I really like where this story is going. After all my character really gets to show his sense of honor on this one.

EDIT: Oh plus since the captain does not mention the death of fooks in quotes, I never heard about that. Sorry if it seems repetitive that I mention someone telling me about it.

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Studious]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Sorry for the delay in the reply. Wasn't watching this thread very closely, my bad.

Anyway, the projection has no mass to it at all. Just a hologram basically. To physically shake hands, Seeker would have to essentially unplug himself from the ship and walk over to you.

As far as that goes, I visualize it as a chair that is almost totally reclined. There are interface pads for his hands and the back of his head. Other than that, it's sort of like Seeker is sleeping on the bridge while he's interfaced with the ship.

Anyway, if I don't respond to a question like this, slap me a U2U and I'll get to you. Sorry again for the delay.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Excellent storyline. Run with it. I'm enjoying watching it develop.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Not repetitive. Neno only generated a report to the bridge, no reason it should have disseminated so quickly, especially in light of everything else going on at the moment. According to your Gyrenes, the camouflage telegraph is in full working order anyhow!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

No Problem. So trying to shake hands with your Holo-self would be like trying to give a ghost a bear hug, eh? I'm pretty sure that will give neno the willies....

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I can see another conflict brewing between nenothtu and Studious. Studious has scruples against firing on a Federation vessel, neno thinks we oughtta go ahead and zap 'em right out of space. After all, those people are SHOOTING at us, for cryin' out loud! Law of the Jungle, and all that tripe.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Wow, this just got out of hand - LOL.

Chemical agents?

Refusal of orders?

LOL

This is taking turns that even I didn't see coming. I love this thing!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

But fooks was IN THE COMMAND CENTER!!!!!!!!!!

He never LEFT!!!!!

If the "universe" can pluck people up and kill them off just like that, what's the point of living?!?!!

LOL

That was trippy. I'm going to have to find a way to work it in now.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I think it was the doctor, personally.

lol

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

I think it was the doctor, personally.

lol

I'm voting for either the butler, or Colonel Mustard. If we can't trust the Doctor to keep us alive, just who CAN we trust?

A real hum-dinger of a first week on the job! Yessir, a real hum-dinger. I don't want to kill anybody yet. I ain't even had lunch!

Could be worse, I reckon. I hear the aliens got a living carpet in their boat that tries to eat THEM!

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

LOL

Someone should get a vacuum cleaner and see what happens.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
In my earlier posts I reference reviewing the crew profiles after my run in with Neno so that's how I know what Fooks looks like.

I say the infected or affected, depending on whether it is biological or chemical Butler is now going on a killing spree.

I have come up with this idea as a connection between why someone has been murdered on the ship and why the Nimitz's crew is now brainwashed.

After all as mf_luder stated in his early posts. The triangles were not much of a match for a carrier. So it is unlikely they would have been able to be captured and brainwashed the old fashioned way. But a chemical or biological agent could do it much faster. I am leaving the decision of exactly what the chemical or biological agent is to the Doctor DJ Messiah.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Doctor Djmessiah:

If my security staff manages to find you, please feel free to interact with them.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

I don't know if I like the idea of a chemical/bio agent on board.

Plus - we haven't heard ANYTHING from the good doctor since his first and only post on the story thread.

Let's finish the battle, then worry about the other stuff -

6 triangles aren't a problem - 24 with more on the way AND a hijacked carrier - now that's an issue.

Then

We do have to figure out the lapse where Fooks was on the bridge then suddenly appeared halfway across the ship dead.

That is a doozy to me. LOL - maybe a temporal anomaly?

I think that OP just didn't read well enough and randomly picked someone to die.....

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join