It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Originally posted by Studious

"I sense a disturbance in the force. It's as if a million orphaned puppies cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

Nice.... someone blew up the puppy planet Fargo.

That is disturbing.
I only drop kick em one at a time.
Come up with something original and the next day a million other people are doing it too.

I'm not telling anyone about my baby dolphin project.

As for the writing side of things. I'm worn out. I can't do anything this evening. I'll get back to it as soon as I've had a good nights rest which will definitely be within the next two weeks because they've cut my job short and I'll be out of work again soon.

I'm going to have to tighten my belt and start being frugal with the cash. No more pure breeds in the chipper. Just mutts from now on.

I hope everybody is doing well. I enjoyed the last few pages of posts immensely. We need to get the Penny and Yydryl together and mix it up with the neighbors.

Candybars, where aare youuuuuuu???

Later taters.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Just briefly dropping by to let you people know that I haven't given up the ship.

I've just finished rebuilding the Yydryl fighter concept. Here are a couple of renderings of it. Note that there are no weapons attached to it yet. This is just the frame. I've taken the liberty of redesigning the engines (mounted on the end of the pylons) and the pylons themselves giving it a better (in my estimation) look.

In the good and bad news, yes the construction models are gone but I've been able to download the textures so all is not lost.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d65105e0853a.jpg[/atsimg]

Full sized pic

I'll see what I can do either tonight or tomorrow to continue. Time and sanity as somewhat short at the moment (chuckle).

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Your ears burning Deson?
Was just chatting you up in U2U wondering where you were and how you're doin.

Looks like you're back to your magic... Good to see you...

Will look forward to seeing the finished product of the fighter.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Yeah I hear you. I got a little burned out myself. I'll have something hashed out this morning. Sorry for the delay.

Deson glad to see you among the living great work.

Silo.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to know that I'm not forgotten. I'm still struggling with exporting my work so that Neno can import it into Celestia but it looks like parts vanish. I'll do more research but in the meantime to try to figure out some sort of workaround. Glad you like the work. I'll keep plugging in there when I can.

Edit to add:

Textured the Base fighter shape. I decided to not go with all that gold. It made it too plain.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/75435dfadb38.jpg[/atsimg]

Full sized pic

Textured gun. Note that there will be 4 of these on the fighters. Please also note that the ship is in the background thus the guns aren't THAT big. (chuckle)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c179b9672b53.jpg[/atsimg]

Full sized gun pic

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Deson]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
"Park Penelope in a quiet location..." - neno notes that our particular part of space just got REALLY quiet. Not even crickets out there, since they can't breathe vacuum... well, except for Studious lurking about in that escape pod, out there in the Great Black Yonder...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I hope Studious isn't done with the opera? Would be a shame really.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Pssst

Isn't there a nice new undamaged spaceship just parked somewhere?

Maybe a leisurely cruise back to the Yydryl is just the ticket for refitting and some much deserved R&R.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Pssst

Maybe a leisurely cruise back to the Yydryl is just the ticket for refitting and some much deserved R&R.

Yeah, bring it, Penelope, you won't find us so friendly next time.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by cindymars]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Yeah - I had thought of that option.... but no.

For the simple fact that a bunch of rogue officers decided to go loading up boarding parties and blowing stuff up, I'm weary of bringing the Penelope anywhere near the Yydryl until we make space dock somewhere for some repairs and what is looking like a refit in store as well.

I have something I'm cooking up - just need some time to get it hashed out.

Should be posted soon enough.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I gotta side with you on this one Luder. You can't really blame them for being wary of us, us being a warlike species and all.

"Hey guys? My ship's kinda busted up a bit... We got in a big 'nukaler' conflict a couple hours ago. Mind if we hang out with y'all for a while?"

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Then you guys had better make sure the Yydryl doesn't come looking for YOU.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Awwww, I was in hopes we'd still have that dinner you suggested...

Though we'll have to poke Myth and Keeper with a stick to get 'em going I think...

peace

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Deson

Celestia?
What was the name of the other program you had and were using?
You gave it to me once but it's on my old computer and I still haven't gotten all my stuff of it yet onto the new one - mainly because it's dead.

Thanks

peace

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN
reply to post by nenothtu

I hope Studious isn't done with the opera? Would be a shame really.

I thik he's got something up his sleeve, and it will be interesting to see how he carries it off. I don't think of him as McGuyver for nothing!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hey, the Yydryl coming to look for US would be an interesting plot twist...

Masqua might just be on to something here.

"Can we get the Yydryl pilot on line one please?"

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

Pssst

HEY! Don't look at me! Neno didn't even get to so much as give y'all the evil eye last meeting! You've yet to experience the range of his unpleasant attitude!

He's such a sensitive soul, you might make him feel unloved talking like that!

I promise not to set your boat on fire if you let me walk in the garden!

[edit on 2009/7/7 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Then you guys had better make sure the Yydryl doesn't come looking for YOU.

Come looking for US? Some days, neno just ought not to get out of bed... MOST days, in fact!

Why would they come looking for us? Have they got something that needs blowing up?

Edit: come to think of it, this might be the best time for a visit from Yydryl, since we seem to be a bit short on C4 and dynamite at the moment.

Also, Asher is indisposed, being pinned down like he is, Luder is in his conference room in shock, and neno is crying in his coffee because he hasn't properly motivated his staff. I think Badger and Slayer could use some shore leave, too...

Do Y'all have a psychiatrist aboard that could help us sort out our issues?

[edit on 2009/7/7 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by cindymars

Awwww, I was in hopes we'd still have that dinner you suggested...

I never came over because I thought we WERE dinner! (Twilight Zone: "To Serve Man"). Well, that and you seemed to be busy, with your ship on fire and all. I just thought I'd come back later when you weren't busy...

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Deson

Celestia?
What was the name of the other program you had and were using?
You gave it to me once but it's on my old computer and I still haven't gotten all my stuff of it yet onto the new one - mainly because it's dead.

Thanks

peace

naw, the Celestia is me. Deson uses Bryce, and then once he gets the 3d models wrestled to the ground, I can use them in Celestia to make my illustrations.

It's a really cool and detailed free space program that can be found here that you can use to travel anywhere in the known galaxy, and see stars and planets in their actual positions from there, and a whole lot of fictional stars, planets, and space ships can be added on.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It's a cookbook! It's a cookbook!

That was a cool show.

I'm wondering if asher isn't an interesting way to level us of with the Yydryl in the area of sentient ships. I liked the last post. I was thinking something along those lines today. What would it be like for him? Would he be able to feel Penelope or just see and hear. Would he always know what was going on? Would he get hungry if the reactor ran out of fuel?

Interesting idea to look into.

Originally posted by cindymars

I'm up for a visit. You got beer?

Gotta go. Worked my astronomical off today and I'm too pooped to kick a pup.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by badgerprints]

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join