It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Hey Cim

I've been saying you're a Goddess all along!

Anyway, just get us back and I'll go from there.

I'm talking to a couple of people about stepping aboard the Yydryl - I hope it works out.

As for when we're back on Ship - no reason not to keep going and get ready for a meeting with the Penelope - if possible.

After straightening out the Ship of course.

Time for Cim to take over?

Why not... I vote yes.

TRIPPY Link for the Day

Go there and follow directions... I wonder if it's possible to embed something like this on the story line?
Someone want to check it out and let me know?
Thanks!

[edit on 10-7-2009 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Hate to hear you're ailing, but now you can concentrate on ATS 24/7/5!

Dr. neno prescribes massive doses of Black Jack, to sterilize the nasty bugs from the inside out...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Why not... I vote yes.

I vote no! I don't want Cim to just go POOF! and be gone!

(I may be developing a slight phobia about the Yydryl Captain's spot...)

"Trippy" doesn't even BEGIN to describe that link! I'd STILL be there, trying to get through it, if I hadn't noticed it repeating!

[edit on 2009/7/10 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Keep us updated on how you're doing, please. Something like that flu bug hitting one of us is hardly off-topic, imo.

Work it into the story somehow if you like. There's nothing like writing from the gut (pardon the pun).

Get well soon.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I vote no! I don't want Cim to just go POOF! and be gone!

(I may be developing a slight phobia about the Yydryl Captain's spot...)

"Trippy" doesn't even BEGIN to describe that link! I'd STILL be there, trying to get through it, if I hadn't noticed it repeating!

Naw, Cim's too smart to be *Captain* - but rule with a firm hand - sure she would. She’d give us chocolate cake for being good too.

Yeah, I stuck to it for quite a while - that thread - and didn't find anything repeating.
Of course when I was through I was nauseated, but, still...

Luder - your loss is our gain.
Will be nice to have you around.
So sorry to say it’s cause you’re in seclusion.
Hope you’re feeling better soon!

By the way - don’t watch that *trippy* thread - you’ll get nauseated.

gracie

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Hey Cim

I've been saying you're a Goddess all along!

Anyway, just get us back and I'll go from there.

I'm talking to a couple of people about stepping aboard the Yydryl - I hope it works out.

As for when we're back on Ship - no reason not to keep going and get ready for a meeting with the Penelope - if possible.

After straightening out the Ship of course.

Why not... I vote yes.

TRIPPY Link for the Day

Go there and follow directions... I wonder if it's possible to embed something like this on the story line?
Someone want to check it out and let me know?
Thanks!

Hey Silo, you already stated in your last post that we had returned to the Ship, so dont wait on me, also still I really want to do some other things that are not on the Ship. We can have a brief something but then I am off. I would like to establish through you that Carpet is talking to Milli.

But I dont know about opening the can of worms about looking for the missing crew, to much. Maybe, I don't know.:puz

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Studious: THAT is about as utterly and completely alone as one gets... not even giant horned horned snakes to fight! No sky... No ground to set your feet on... limited oxygen...

There's emergency rations in a storage locker behind you to the left.

If you land, don't feed the animals. Some of the ruins still have roofs, but I bet there are "things" in the darkened hulks of the buildings.

Probably not as evil as U, though. That guy is just Nasty. Note the capital 'N'.

I'd have neno kill him for ya, well really as a public service, but how does one zap a multi-dimensional being that can just disappear in a flash of light?

Maybe Slayer can McGuyver something up for him...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Here's a thread that probably falls into the category of "useful stuff to know for Space Opera writers":

self-replicating inorganic matter thread

The basis story for the thread

A novel approach upon which other 'alien' life forms could be based. I recall from when I was at University taking a class in the origins of life (they still can't suss it out - it was all theory) that mentioned the crystalline structure of certain clays that may have been a 'pattern' of sorts for the initiation of organic life.

Self-replicating plasma crystals... self-replicating clay crystals... self-replicating crystal crystals... self-replicating carbon chains... there might be more ways to make an alien than you can shake a stick at!

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Hey Silo, you already stated in your last post that we had returned to the Ship, so dont wait on me,

No prob

I thought you had one last post after we went back to Ship is all.

Let me know what you need for the Milli thing and I'll be more than happy to oblige.

As for finding the crew and all those observations were not directed at you...

*Zoooooms Off to work*...

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey guys sorry about the delay I'll have something up to move the story along I feel I have held up the P long enough. It has given some a chance to write up som rather good personal touches to their character IMO.
We will be able to jump.

Lud I hope you are still with us buddy. I imagine you lying there all sweaty clutching the Guitar with one hand and having the mouse in the other.

Silo

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ROFL

That is how I'd go out too - clutching a guitar and a half-drank bottle of Jack.

No, my symptoms are all completely gone now and I'm fine, just bored out of my mind.

I'm going to have something up for our return to Earth soon.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I want to strand myself on the planet for awhile.

I'll hitch my way back to Earth.

I understand that leaving without trying to pick me up would be odd but I have a solution...

I'm going to put up a post about how he thinks they are trying to capture him again so he escapes. "Unfortunately"
as he escapes he crashes.

EDIT: Post Synopsis

For those writing a response post...

An escape pod only has one towline
(You'll see where this will lead soon.)

The conversation between U and Studious is from the classic "Falling Hare" (A Bugs Bunny episode.)

In this video from 1:58-3:11

"Falling Hare"

Approval received

The last part is obviously modified from Star Wars: A New Hope.

Vader Chokes Antilles

[edit on 12-7-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Approval granted. U2U sent.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Just keep in mind the UEF has never been to this system, nor do they run patrols through there.

Good luck to you good sir.

Hopefully we'll get back to find the war going well.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm concerned about what the "Menacing Seurity Guard" was talking about, when he said "there'll be no one to stop us next time."

Stop them from what? And how was it stopped?

Are we going to have to fire the whole crew and reload when we get home to get rid of NI?

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Hope you all enjoy my latest addition to the chaos that is our story.

Have fun with that.

I think Masqua said we need to start facing the larger threat?

Heh

Heh

heh.....

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Hope you all enjoy my latest addition to the chaos that is our story.

Have fun with that.

I think Masqua said we need to start facing the larger threat?

Heh

Heh

heh.....

Well!

I'm off to edit my last post... And I'm gonna identify those "claw ships" for ya, if Badger don't beat me to it. He's doubtless seen 'em before, at Black Rock.

Those are Ophiuchi Ships. Never seen 'em before in numbers like that, or this far into the UEF...
Edit Done.

[edit on 2009/7/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Alrighty, then. That's my FINAL final edit. I think i got it about where I want it.

Who's left for the NI incident to be reported TO, now?

And who is the "Menacing Security Guard" gonna report neno's misconduct there to?

Looks like Luder's gonna have to write neno up now, the Admiral's Chamber having been vaporized and all...

We're gonna have to hightail it to... somewhere else, where we can find more UEF ships, drop off survivors in relative safety, and get word of the attack out.

Might even be that Luder is ranking officer in all the UEF military now, since HQ took a big, fat, hit.

Wouldn't THAT be a pill?

[edit on 2009/7/13 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

My plan was to salvage food/ration packs from the destroyed ships along with whatever water packs we could find.

The Admirals are not part of the survivors.... at all. That serves a two-fold reason. 1) I just destroyed Earth so Studious wouldn't have anyone to report his delusions to and 2) Luder is now the highest ranking officer in the UEF Space Fleet. BWWAAHHH AHAAAHAA AHAAAHAA THE WORLD IS MINE!!!!

No.

But really.

I was thinking we could def. salvage a bunch of stuff from the debris field especially to accommodate the survivors we pick up.

Cheers!

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

hehehe
I don't know what's been more fun... Your thread, or watching the behind the scenes here...

Great One Oh Luder!

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join