It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 137
<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
reply to post by nenothtu

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? I swear I almost have to stop looking at the working thread at work because every three posts I am in tears from laughing so much..

LOL

It's because we're not in our right minds. It comes up from the abyss. And the cause is a lack of sleep, from sitting on ATS 24/7. It makes us a little... loopy...

So it's really not OUR faults, it's ATS! Honest!

And there's the "relief factor" from diving into other threads occaisionally, to do battle with the forces of evil, and try to eat someone else's lunch...

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Shhhh....

I think I just heard a luder

Man somebody blow something up already!

SHHH! there he is! Act like you didn't say anything!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Shhhh....

I think I just heard a luder

Man somebody blow something up already!

I did.

It hurt.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Now I'm hearing a badger I think...

Badger by the sound of it you had a rough day. We left your attack wing alone and you can do with it as you please. Looking forward to your post.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Slayer: I heard the Badger too, but it's limping. Let's not poke this one with a spoon, it might be irritable.

Badger: You're not supposed to use your tongue as a tester to find the hot wires.

Naw, really, be careful out there, we ain't got but one Badger. You must be somewhere near Indonesia. I'll read your post tomorrow, and star it yesterday, when I fire my computer up today. I had an Iraqi friend who was a captain on an Indian ship for a while. Mind the bubble gum and baling wire.

And of course the beef vindaloo sauce.

[edit on 2009/7/3 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Now I'm hearing a badger I think...

Badger by the sound of it you had a rough day. We left your attack wing alone and you can do with it as you please. Looking forward to your post.

Can I fly off to see the wild and willin wolf women of planet Heineken and get a job as the towel boy at their nitrogen pudding baths?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Can I fly off to see the wild and willin wolf women of planet Heineken and get a job as the towel boy at their nitrogen pudding baths?

[edit on 3-7-2009 by badgerprints]

NO! you have to swing back by Penelope and pick up neno and Slayer first. We need a break too! All that killin' makes a man thirsty!

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

You know the Chief keeps a supply of Johnny Walker red.
It's his private stash.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Slayer: I heard the Badger too, but it's limping. Let's not poke this one with a spoon, it might be irritable.

Badger: You're not supposed to use your tongue as a tester to find the hot wires.

Not irritable just tired.

I wasn't using my tounge for anything....really.

I was checking out some equipment that was off line but some enterprizing soul in the past used the same enclosure as a shortcut for a hot buss with no isolation,marking or insulation. I got the crapola knocked out of me when the back of my hand touched it.

I saw my dead uncle. He asked If I had any smokes.

Luckily I was thrown and didn't latch on to anything.

Bumped my noggin on a nice soft steel wall.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I've done something similar, believe it or not. More stupidity on my part than someone else being an "enterprising soul" but the results were the same...

Unpleasant is probably the best word for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ok guys, I've got a post in.
I'm going to bed. If I go straight to sleep I'll get 4 hours before the alarm clock goes off.

I must have gotten something scrambled because that was the hardest post I've written. It just didn't flow but I think it will be ok.

Talk later.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

EXCELLENT post! THrills! Spills! Knuckle-gnawing suspense!

Glad that knot on your noggin didn't scramble anything!

Edit to add: You and Seeker have all those big, bad, ship-destroying destructive devices, and all I got is this dinky little sidearm to go with MY bad attitude! Sometimes, life just ain't fair!

Good job to both of you, destroying the external threat in a dramatic way. Now I reckon I better get to work destroying the internal one, after I get my bearings again.

Asher lives, as long as he's connected to the chair. Hell of a life that's gonna be! Neno will bring him soup and sandwiches from the ship's galley occaisionally. We won't let ya starve, but bathroom breaks may get problematic...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
CindyMars,

You said you liked long posts, so, you got one!

I don't know where the story will go for us from here but now that we’re back on Ship I want to thank you for the great fun I’ve had collaborating with you during our time on Earth.

It was a great learning experience, challenging and fun but best of all I feel we’re walking away having gained an understanding of each other and a friendship that’s grown deeper than before.

It doesn’t get much better than that!

Thanks again,
gracie

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I saw my dead uncle. He asked If I had any smokes.

ROFL!!!!!

I don't know if you were serious, but that was hilarious.

I got a post up.

Not really much for the Captain to do during a battle - you all have been making some excellent posts.

Keep it up.

Oh - and Silo.

Glad to see you guys came back from your hippy-style side-trip to "ancient" Earth.

Welcome back to the future.

Also.

Where the heck is Studious?

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I've got a post coming up. (Nothing too dramatic)

Don't take Studious down yet.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by Studious]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think neno is fixing to develop a migraine!

He ain't losing no sleep over the total war waged on NI. They asked for it, they got it. Lifeboats and all. Several thousand that he and the rest of Penelope's crew won't have to look for over their shoulders for the rest of their days.

Pfft. Better them than us, and he knows THEY wouldn't have been gentle.

Besides, the brig blew up. Where would he keep several thousand prisoners? He couldn't secure that many even WITH the brig!

Bet THAT bunch won't threaten Penelope again!

No, his headache is Studious. Studious has something up his sleeve. Studious ALWAYS has something up his sleeve!

S'ok. Neno will find him a nice, cushy island paradise on the planet. Maybe several native women to go with it. Grass skirts. Mai Tais. Cushiest prison you could ever imagine.

Well, except those native women will be aliens, and might have scales or tentacles or 12 multi-jointed exoskeleton clad legs.

Well, ya can't have EVERYTHING!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Studious
I've got a post coming up. (Nothing too dramatic)

Don't take Studious down yet.

I'll hold off until ya get your curve ball thrown.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
"Goodbye Jones, Goodbye Chewbacca...I mean Charles."

Into exile I have gone...

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Silo,
Very nice post. Action, drama, blatant disregard for Candybars peril while you made out with some dude in the jungle.

You're a tart!

Originally posted by nenothtu

He ain't losing no sleep over the total war waged on NI. They asked for it, they got it. Lifeboats and all.
Pfft. Better them than us, and he knows

Good ole Neno. Warm and fuzzy as always.

Oh yeah,
I know my character happens to be floating around in outerspace slowly turning into a Badgersickle, but my working thread subconcious understands that Penelopes weapons system is now under the control a psychotic toaster oven?

"Myron Francis, what the hell?"

[edit on 4-7-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

LOL!

Good post Studious.

Is your character a Jedi Grandmaster now?

top topics

<< 134  135  136    138  139  140 >>

join