It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 138
<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

Badger you dog. I'm NOT Myron Francis.

lol

I don't know what we're going to do about the psycho-bot yet, but I'll think of something.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Badgerbritches - I had to do something to spice it up - you guys are killin’ me with your posts, lol!

I'm really looking forward to when we can all get together - for real this time - not just a fly by jump the Yydryl and run!

Then I'll show you tart! I mean then the Yydryl will get a real jump start!

:p

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

Oh yeah - and I like the Kashyyk reference in the hallway name too. Good one.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Uh oh....

I'm beginning to feel some resentment toward Asher...
"Psychotic Toaster Over" is nothing short of hilarious by the way.

When he's in that thing, you've got to remember that emotion doesn't really exist. It's considered irrelevant so it's blocked. His rationale for the "total war" policy is based exactly on what Neno stated a few posts back.

1. No room for thousands of prisoners on the Penny.
2. When has NI aboard the Penny ever been a good thing?

3. They would have BBQ'ed us without hesitation.
4. Leaving them to float in their escape pods would have been a slow, brutal form of execution by starvation. NI wouldn't bother going back for them, it would ruin any ability they have to deny their involvement. At least a "boom" was quick.

In any case it's all in good drama.

Looking forward to what happens next.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerOfAUTMN

Dont worry the Chief was with you.
Blowing em up real good was a good thing!

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

I don't know what we're going to do about the psycho-bot yet, but I'll think of something.

Can't take him loose from the ship, he'll die. We got a pickle still, don't we?

And I still gotta arrest Lt Jones and Charles for mutiny. Might put 'em off the ship so Studious has some company. Otherwise, NI will probably kill 'em when we get back, to cover up this little action.

You KNOW NI don't want this getting out - it will make it harder for them to kill US if it's exposed!

Originally posted by silo13

I'm really looking forward to when we can all get together - for real this time - not just a fly by jump the Yydryl and run!

Whaddaya expect? We're sailors, or pirates, or something untoward of that nature!

Then I'll show you tart! I mean then the Yydryl will get a real jump start!

OH NO! You DINT go there!

Originally posted by SeekerOfAUTMN

When he's in that thing, you've got to remember that emotion doesn't really exist. It's considered irrelevant so it's blocked. His rationale for the "total war" policy is based exactly on what Neno stated a few posts back.

You sayin' neno ain't got no emotions? Them's fightin' words, bub!
Nevermind... anger would be an emotion, too

Fear not, neno has your back on this too.

[edit on 2009/7/4 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Neno probably learned some of the hard lessons on Khala-whatever-that-planet's-called.

Sometimes you gotta do what's wrong to do what's right.

Oh and happy fourth of July to whoever is celebrating it. Not sure where everyone is from, but enjoy yourselves anyway.

Me... I have some explosives to go set off.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer, that GIF in your signature is pretty awesome man. You mind if I save a copy?

I've been meaning to ask how you design those GIFs that you use in your posts but I keep forgetting.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer, that GIF in your signature is pretty awesome man. You mind if I save a copy?

TODAY?
It's public property

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Neno probably learned some of the hard lessons on Khala-whatever-that-planet's-called.

Sometimes you gotta do what's wrong to do what's right.

Oh and happy fourth of July to whoever is celebrating it. Not sure where everyone is from, but enjoy yourselves anyway.

Me... I have some explosives to go set off.

Yeah, he learned some hard lessons on Khalamzadar. But he also learned 'em on Black Rock, Wotan, Ninkidu, and several other battlefield worlds over time. I swear, one day I'll get to writing a character history, and leave it vague enough to add stuff that pops up in the future (like Black Rock - I'd have never built that in to his original specifications, since it was Badger's concept), and specific enough to peg his reasonings.

For neno, this isn't a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of what's effective, and insures the ship and crews arrival alive on the other side of the battle, and helps insure against the necessity of future battles, because he really doesn't like fighting, but one does what one is good at.

The more thorough the victory, the less likely a repeat performance in the future.

He doesn't like fighting, because people get killed and things get torn up, and one day, one of those people getting killed is gonna be him. He'll do whatever he feels necessary to push that date with destiny as far into the future as he can, as long as it doesn't endanger the crew of "his" boat.

He feels it's "his" boat, because he's tasked with the safety and security of the Penelope.

I guess it might be a matter of "right" and "wrong", but his perceptions of those concepts don't necessarily agree with what is determined to be "normal".

It's "right" for "his" people aboard Penelope to survive and thrive. That include every man-jack aboard. He tends to feel more responsibility than is actually his.

It's "wrong" for "his" people to be killed or threatened.

He's often harsh and abrasive with those same people he serves because it gets their attention, and helps them to develop their own survival mindset, even if only out of fear of what HE might do to them.

Kind of like what drill sergeants used to do to recruits, he's cruel to be kind.

He's really a pretty simple man, and has pretty simple views, but to some, such as Studious, and perhaps Luder and Badger, those "simple" views may be well nigh incomprehensible.

He DOES have a heart, but he ain't gonna let you see it if he can help it. In his mind that might compromise his combat effectiveness.

His sense of duty, honor, and loyalty is WAY too overdeveloped, but may not always coincide with the common definitions of those concepts.

That's why he didn't mind completely and totally obliterating the NI ships. They were a threat, and had to be dealt with on a permanent basis, so THOSE NI agents would never become a threat again. That's also why he's going to back up Asher just as far as he is humanly able to push it.

Besides, he made a pact of sorts with Asher in the captain's ready room in the NI interview episode. His sense of honor and loyalty won't allow him to back out of it now that Asher's apparently in the grease.

Through thick and thin. That's what Brotherhood is about. If you abandon a brother when he needs you the most, you're a waste of otherwise perfectly good skin.

[edit on 2009/7/5 by nenothtu]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Not to worry guys, Badgers just playing his part. If we all reacted the same then it wouldn't be very interesting. Just so you remember, Badger's still the new guy and doesn't know as much about the situation so all he can react to is what he sees.

As far as his feelings about Asher, his first meeting with him was as asher was bouncing around in a deep space vacuum, ship to ship, like an intergalactic evil spider man right after he turned a bunch of guys into a mongolian barbeque with his handy dandy super secret Ronco Nuclear annilator. (but wait, there's more)

He still doesn't get why Luder lets the nut job run around loose after the fiasco with the original mission and lets him play with the ships entire weapons to include target practice with jettisoned reactor cores.

Badger's also been getting calls during dogfights from mystery marines who seem to think that they need to make a on ship regime change.

On top of all of that some old man and his imaginary wife are running around the ship sabotaging things screwing the entire mission up singlehandedly with a cane.

If Badger acted any less worried then the dear readers might think he was the one who is insane and that's not scheduled to happen yet.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by badgerprints]

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Badgerbritches

I'm really looking forward to when we can all get together -

Then I'll show you tart!

You know it's really not safe for a young girl like you to say things like that to an old rascal like badger.

Oh, by the way,
It wasn't beef vindaloo sauce on my clothes the other day. It was lamb rosh or something like that. Ask for beef on this ship and you get sideways looks.

Bif? Bif? Weedoonoteetbiiiiif !

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

ROFL!

On top of all of that some old man and his imaginary wife are running around the ship sabotaging things screwing the entire mission up singlehandedly with a cane.

Neno,

You can go write that background profile on the UEF Data thread if you so choose.

I think that Luder is pretty much worried about how to protect Asher at this point. He doesn't really care per se that the enemy were wiped out, he's more concerned with the blow-back if someone from higher were to find out about it.

Hard to protect your ship mates when they are borderline psychotic.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

ROFLMAO! MY GAWD, but you've got a way with words!

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder

Neno,

You can go write that background profile on the UEF Data thread if you so choose.

What I posted above is just some slight mental profiling. I'm slowly, but surely, trying to work out a more complete character profile, birth, childhood, service, etc. to post on your UEF Data thread.

And it IS slowly. Sometimes, I think i need Studious's cane handy just to SIT at this computer!

I go off on tangents in other threads regularly whenever someone slaps me upside the head with one of those "evil American" comments.

I'm a sucker for a sucker punch.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

I go off on tangents in other threads regularly whenever someone slaps me upside the head with one of those "evil American" comments.

Roll with it buddy.

Embrace the evil.

I'm drop kicking orphaned puppies into a wood chipper even as I type.

Originally posted by the mystery guy who writes disclaimers at the top of the page.This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 2755 replies, and subject to more strict moderation.
Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts and T&C violations are subject deletion and/or a warning.

Has anybody on this thread ever been cited for being off topic?

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by nenothtu

Roll with it buddy.

Embrace the evil.

ROFLMAO! You ain't right! You just AIN'T!

Originally posted by the mystery guy who writes disclaimers at the top of the page.This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 2755 replies, and subject to more strict moderation.
Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts and T&C violations are subject deletion and/or a warning.

Has anybody on this thread ever been cited for being off topic?

Yeah, we got kinda chatty several pages back, and got gigged for it. A general warning to stay focused in the thread, not aimed at anyone in particular.

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I still think that was unjust.

You can't have a collaborative group effort on anything and not have a bit of sidebar or bonding thrown in.

Just won't work.

Just me though.

Oh well.

LOL on the "mystery guy who writes stuff at the top of the page"....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Ok... Intergalactic Evil Spiderman is so awesome it's hurting my eyes to look at it. Why would anyone make a movie about regular Spiderman when they could be telling the story of Intergalactic Evil Spiderman?

Honestly though, I think everyone is playing their characters really well. I'm hoping the thread gets moving again so I can see what happens next.

This opera is worse than crack, I swear....

posted on Jul, 5 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

"I sense a disturbance in the force. It's as if a million orphaned puppies cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

To Luder: I'm glad you noticed the hallway joke.

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Studious]

new topics

top topics

<< 135  136  137    139  140  141 >>

join