It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's Gun Ban List Is Out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

Many more than that are saved by their personal firearms each year. But then everyone already knows that. They just choose to ignore it.

Guns save lives.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Pure sensationalism, proven by nothing. Each year 2.5 million Americans save their own lives and the lives of their neighbors and even strangers by being able to own, carry, and conceal firearms on their persons, and in their homes, vehicles and places of employment. Every massacre in recent memory could have been stopped had there been citizens present with guns.

Massacres happen due to the lack of guns in the hands of citizenry, not because they have too many.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
[edit on 5-4-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I rest my case. You yourself have just shown numerous instances where this man could have been stopped by armed citizens. Way to go.

You cannot stop an gun armed man with anything other than another gun. God made men. Samuel Colt made them equal.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My question is, how many of these gun deaths that you've been speaking of are caused by LEGAL gun owners? I could walk down the road a few blocks, knock on a door, and talk to one of the local gang members and buy a gun for a few hundred dollars. I'm not doing it from a legal gun broker, and I'm sure he didn't either.

That's where a majority of the gun deaths lie. May I remind you of Columbine? The guns that they had were bought from illegal sources, a TEC 9, a 9mm carbine, and two sawed off shotguns. Personally, if two teenagers can buy stuff like that, it says something about how lax the government and police are when it comes to Black Market trade. That's what that says to me.

I think a psychology examination should be necessary for firearm buyers. It may seem strange, but when you're buying a weapon, it should be verified that you're in good mental health.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

I rest my case. You yourself have just shown numerous instances where this man could have been stopped by armed citizens. Way to go.

You cannot stop an gun armed man with anything other than another gun. God made men. Samuel Colt made them equal.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Mr. Raider what you do not understand, nor could you due to being a British surf, is that the right to keep and bear arms IS NOT NEGOTIABLE due to popular opinion or the emotions of the whipped up masses. The British are of course predisposed to bowing to the will of parliament when told that nasty evil firearms are bad for them and they kneeled as they turned them in. Americans do not bow or kneel, WHICH is why we kicked the British back across the pond with the ‘evil assault weapons’ that King George had tried to collect in Lexington.

We here KNOW the press plays up every firearm crime they can to whip up the popular sentiment to agree with collecting our weapons. THEY NEVER write about the times free men save their families, friends and businesses with firearms. But fear not, as you will soon have more British surfs when they try to collect our weapons, as we'll send them packing just as we did King George and the other Red Coats. You then can sit around the north of England discussing how savage the colonies were once again by using their ‘evil assault weapons’ to defend their freedom. Unless that is your one of the white helmet U.N. troops that Obama ask to help in the collection, because then you’ll be going back to Britain in a body bag.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
(

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm going to stop posting on this subject as its clear the mods are making the debate simply unworkable by asking for two much trimming which makes the content of the debate devalued. Thanks for contributing everyone.
NR

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ok, a few comments.

Firstly, this thread is in the Survival Forum, so let's try to keep that Heading in mind when posting comments.

Secondly, Please address the topic and leave out the personal sniping.

Thirdly, lets' please 'Trim those Quotes' or utilize the "REPLY TO:" button to direct your comments.

And lastly it's considered bad netiquette to post in All bolded font. Besides that it's hard on the eyes.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
Ok, a few comments.

Firstly, this thread is in the Survival Forum, so let's try to keep that Heading in mind when posting comments.

Secondly, Please address the topic and leave out the personal sniping.

Thirdly, lets' please 'Trim those Quotes' or utilize the "REPLY TO:" button to direct your comments.

And lastly it's considered bad netiquette to post in All bolded font. Besides that it's hard on the eyes.

Thanks

With respect where was the moderation when the gun nuts and conspiracy theorists started going way off topic?
Respects
NR

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It is in the Survival Forum WITH the following qualifier: “I am posting this for the information of US gun owners” and thus concerns the survival of this Republic from one worlders and statist of all kinds. And reading self righteous pronouncements from a citizen of the VERY land our American Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the Second Amendment, and reading his self-important admonishments as to AMERICAN errors as concerns this AMERICAN right, almost made me sick had it not been so funny.

However, I’ve got a few of his fellow Brits buried not too far from my mountain land that would probably agree with him, if they had not fell victim to REAL gun control; free men hitting what they aim at.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
"Lastly, I thought I'd toss this out for consideration...since ATS is based around conspiracy theories. What if a government in the firm control of people who want to ban firearms but know they can't get away with it politically or legally were able to manipulate otherwise normal people, who are recently of questionable mental stability because of economic hardship, to "snap"? That would give them the public outrage they need to push through draconian and onerous restrictions and bans with little resistance, wouldn't it? Much the same as the AIG bonus flap. The government approved the bonus payments in the first place, but feigned ignorance and outrage to gin up public rage and political support."

This is probably closer to what is going on. Notice all of these current crimes are taking place JUST as Obama's list has been offered.
reply to post by RR98

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas

It is in the Survival Forum WITH the following qualifier: “I am posting this for the information of US gun owners” and thus concerns the survival of this Republic from one worlders and statist of all kinds. And reading self righteous pronouncements from a citizen of the VERY land our American Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the Second Amendment, and reading his self-important admonishments as to AMERICAN errors as concerns this AMERICAN right, almost made me sick had it not been so funny.

However, I’ve got a few of his fellow Brits buried not too far from my mountain land that would probably agree with him, if they had not fell victim to REAL gun control; free men hitting what they aim at.

The American war of independance, the most misquoted conflict ever.
Americans did not defeat the British in 1776, It took the Americans, French ( especially) Spanish and Dutch to drive the British out of its colonies in an act of treason and betrayal while the British were mainly fighting in Europe.

Miltarily the Americans were hopeless against the much reduced British forces, We had already removed a third of our forces to fight in the Bahamas

Nathanial Green had a huge advantage in numbers and terrain at Guiolford Courthouse yet were defeated by Gen Cornwallis easily, The Brits only had 1900 men versus the Americans 4400. It happened again and again At Penobscot Bay 300 British redcoats supported by only three small sloops totally thrashed an American fleet of 28 ships and 3000 men
Even super traitor George Washington lost New York and failed to dislodge the Brits from Philadelphia.
The undeniable facts are the Brits lost in the Colonies but to the FRENCH not the Americans At Yorktown the Brits had less than 10,000 redcoats facing over 20,000 French Siege experts.

The greatest General of the American war was called Rochambeau who gave the US its victory on a plate, yet the Americans feted an incompetant Bostonian called paul revere as a hero.

Even the Americans after their victory at Saratoga have still been left humiliated because thery put up a monument to " THE BEST SOLDIER OF THE REVOLUTION" but it does not have his name on itbecause that great warrior was Benedict Arnold.

NOW when the Americans tried again in 1812 to fight the British the Americans no longer had the French to do the real fighting and got totally defeated and completely humiliated.

A US Army invaded Canada and was simply chased back across the border by General Brock and 350 Brits
Next they invaded elsewhere and captured the Canadian Capital of the time YORK, they burnt it down and left hundreds of civilians to die of hypothermmia.

So the British attacked the American army and chased it straight back across the border defeating it at almost every engagement, From Fort Mackinac where the Americans surrendered after the British fired only one shot
The British navy blockaded the United states and that blockade was never broken throughout the 2nd war

Then with a small force of Redcoats, Indians and Canadians the British routed the American invaders chaing them as far south as Virginia.

The British took
Dearborn
Chicago
Washington DC ( They lost their capital the ultimate shame leaving the first lady alone to fight)
Hampden
Bangor
Machais
Castine
Bladensburg ( The Continental US army defeated in One Hour by 400 Brits)
Baltimore
Mackinac Island
Queenstown Heights
Frenchtown
Beaver Dams
Fort Niagra
Buffalo
Ogdensburg
Chatenugauy
Lacolle Mills
Prairie du chein
and even Mobile.

At Washington DC the Super american army collapsed as soon as the British arrived, The president Madison had to takle to horseback to try and keep up with his fleeing army. The Bravest American in that battle was the First Lady Dolly Madison the one with the balls to try and organise resistance against the small British force.

After defeating the absolute best the Ameericans had to offer very quickly and watching them abandon their Capital ( the most shameful thing that can happen to a nation cept losing the war , the americans did both)

The British walked into the Whitehouse and had breakfast in the President office, read his mail then burnt the place down (They rebuilt the place and paintted it white in an effort to hide the thousands of British bullet holes in it)

We then simply chased away the Americans defending the library Of Congress and even the Naval yard before burning them as well. the Americans were last seen fleeing as fast as they could into Virginia .

That was the end rsult of the Americans trying to fight the British without the French, Dutch and spanish to back them up.

The Americans have lots of myths and falsehoods about their military capabilities but the sad fact remains the United states has NEVER won a major conflict on its own, When ever it tries to it loses ala Korea intil the Brits and Commonwealth arrived to save them, Vietnam where they lost, Somalia where the best they had was defeated by a few hundred bandits driving Toyota pick ups, Iran where they screwed up the rescue efforts, Iraq where they had to beg the allies to come and help. A good example is the Siege at Um Quadur where after over a week of fighting the US Marine corp failed to capture this vital coastal oil facility. So the British took over and captured it in 24 hours.

No wonder they are so paranoid and afraid they fear going out without a gun, Militarily they are a very powerful nation just like Russia, But power alone does not equate to success on the Battlefield.

BTW that piece of paper was meant for a militia to keep and bear arms in case the British came back like they did in 1812 and defeat you, so keeping the guns was a complete waste of time.

Oh yes BTW Britain has had a record rise in lawfully held gun ownership in 30 years, more gun clubs than ever have opened up, it just that we dtry not to lets gun nuts and rambo wannabes have guns to kills their kids with.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas

After the last battle at Bladensburg we could not shoot many Americans as they ran away so fast into Virginia, but in the war of 1812 we did not do so bad, we lost 8,600 overall when the US invaded Canada, you lost 23,765 as wll as your Capital and your nations honour.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

What you fail to understand, with your well-written British historical revisionist presentation, is you lost period. The colonial “rag tag farmers with pitch forks” sent you packing with their personal “evil assault weapons” at the hands of the like of Marion the swamp fox; and with the Battle of New Orleans in 1814 gave you a good old fashion tanning that kept you from coming back. Further, you might ask yourself just WHY with the sacking and burning Washington we are NOT still a colony?

“Out of a clear blue sky, at the hands of providence, a tornado formed in the midst of the British encampment later that day…”

“The tornado tore through the center of Washington and directly into the British occupation. Buildings were lifted off of their foundations and dashed to bits. Other buildings were blown down or lost their roofs. Feather beds were sucked out of homes and scattered about. Trees were uprooted, fences were blown down, and the heavy chain bridge across the Potomac River was buckled and rendered useless. A few British cannons were picked up by the winds and thrown through the air. The collapsing buildings and flying debris killed several British soldiers. Many of the soldiers did not have time to take cover from the winds and they laid face down in the streets. One account describes how a British officer on horseback did not dismount and the winds slammed both horse and rider violently to the ground.”

History records the tornado chased the British back to their ships. What I love most was the response given when the British officer in charge of the 1812 debacle was questioned by the King as to WHY they had retreated after what clearly should have been a stunning British victory: “Who can fight the hand of God?”

www.godtheoriginalintent.com...

You see Mr. Raider, all of your English pronouncements on the evils of American firearm laws ring as hollow and a tad bit self-serving to my American ears; it was the TOTALLY free exercise of this right that saved us from being backwater colonial slaves of the English Crown, and will ensure WE are NOT enslaved by the NWO. However, YOU sir face going from a surf of the English Crown to a slave of one world government with no other way to defend yourself but rocks; we’ll pass kneeling to beg for our lives thank you. This, as we will do to the United Nations and NWO thugs EXACTLY what we did to the British with our ‘evil assault weapons’, SEND THEM PACKING FEET FIRST OR RUNNING.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Pray tell us all how we lost and to whom? The last war of Brits versus American you totally lost, and as I pointed out and is well documented in the first war it was the french who gave you your victory. So agfter 200 years whi is the victor The Single nation that is dispised sadly by most other nations, who's citizens hide their American passports in Canadian covers. Or the Commonwealth with over 150 member nations most of not all greatly respected democracies like India, Canada, Australia, new Zealand South africa etc . As I pointed our before it is the well armed Ameericans who have lost time after time since 1776. Live in your Hollywood dream world , your not doing anyone any harm.

Point of note as well the storm came AFTER we totally defeated your army and had little left to fight or capture. The British did not retreat they won, it was the US army who fled even your own historuians acknowledge that. Its a pattern well documented in US military history.

Oh and it was not an army of occupation just around 4000 Brits and Canadians who chased the US invaders out of Canada and out of their own Capital Washington. Yes the post battle storm killed a few British troops but certainly the Americans did not because they were to busy doing a runner south as fast as they could.

The Treaty of Ghent ensured we did not take back the colonies as Britain and Americas interests became the same.

You chaps should celebrate the two great leaders of that time the French chap and Gen Arnold.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by Northern Raider]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
". This, as we will do to the United Nations and NWO thugs EXACTLY what we did to the British with our ‘evil assault weapons’, "

What run away into Virginia like in 1812 , Or run away from Iran, Vietnam, Somalia etc lately. You can not even stop a few million mexicans from crossing into your country. Anyway why on earthn would the NWO or UN or Martians want to attack the US, your doing a superb job of destroying yourselves.

Have a nice day now y'all.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You know, our discussion in this thread is reminiscent of the long talks and the usual following fights held with members of your SAS and the occasional Sergeant Major, at pubs around London when I was a general’s aid during 1980. Ah, the days of the Piccadilly Circus and your excellent English ale…

Now I know you British do not like to be confused with the facts while your waving the Union Jack above your toothless lion, but pray tell – who won? Blame it on the French, the devil or whomever, but the Stars and Stripes hang over these former British Crown Colonies. Due to the fact, in no small part, that we told the King of the most powerful nation on the earth at the time to “take a royal long walk off a very short dock” when he tried to collect our colonial weapons. I would think you might you might be ashamed that such almost always defeated and fleeing colonials kicked your Royal British rear ends back to Britain, because your certainly not here.

Furthermore, you ought to thank whatever god you believe in we did, for otherwise you and most of the rest of the world would be NAZI. Not of course to mention, the fact that ‘our well documented pattern of fleeing’ saved your British bacon NUMEROUS times since our war for independence; our army and navy almost certainly why your ever shrinking empire did not fall, with the rest of Europe, to the Soviet Bear. Also, before continuing your running down of America, why don’t you attempt to salvage whatever royal pride you have left and get your government to pay back the countless billions, with interest, you and the rest of Europe STILL owe America for the ‘lend lease program’ and ‘Marshall plan’; such pronouncements of the superiority of the British armed forces sounds a tad bit two faced with that debt having to be forgiven, don’t you think?

Now as for what the rest of Europe thinks of America, they can all kiss my American backside. I just spent almost 3 years traveling Europe and the former Soviet Union nations and I not only PROUDLY carried my US passport, but also wore my US Cavalry hat and boot just as proudly. (I have some really nice pictures of my son and myself giving the victory sign in front of Lenin’s tomb.)

If the whole world wishes to attempt to strip Americans of their firearms, they can start with me. I can hit a dinner plate target 9 out of 10 times at a 1000 yards with a Springfield Armory M1A1 National Match and the mountain boys that live around me can do just as well. THAT Mr. Raider is what we call ‘Gun Control’ in America.

By the way, it was America that largely beat the snot out of the fourth largest Army in the world in a stand up fight. The Battle of Medina Ridge was the greatest one-sided victory in history, which is pretty good for such ‘always fleeing’ Americans. As John Paul Jones said “we have not yet begun to fight”; bring it on NWO.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join