It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Junk Threatens Space Station!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
actually heard it first on NASA.

not sure why yall are paranoid. pleaase explain

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
They want to know how close it was. . . me too. Wish their was a way to record this, cause don't know how long it'll take them to get the numbers.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

There is probably some firefox addon somewhere to record live audio streaming.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Ahem. If there had been a fee, just who deserved it?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This way too suspicous to be space junk. They monitor almost every inch of it.

I would be more leaning to another encounter they weren't expecting, and they got scared.

They've seen the UFO's, confirmed them, there's plenty of video....and they were ready to bail.

Why not just suit up and see what happens first? There's a shuttle that's ready to go just in case?

Too much coincedence this time.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Phage, awesome post S&F wish I could give bonus for timing.

Turned on NASA channel and they aren't reporting anything. Again, thanks for keeping us all up to date.

EDIT: NASA channel having press conference right now @ 1pm

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They think it was a part of another older spacestation, or part of a spacestations thrusters?? Sky news just said

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Ahem. If there had been a fee, just who deserved it?

You can share my automated thank you e-mail!

This is an automatically-generated email
Thank you for contacting Sky News. If you have sent in a comment on a news story, please make sure you have included your name and where you are emailing us from. (We appreciate that you may have done so already.)

We reserve the right to edit all contributions before broadcast or use on our website. *Click here for full details of how to Contact Us.

*You can send us Feedback by clicking here.

*We can deliver breaking news to your desktop or mobile.

*You can catch up with news any time via our website *You can upload pictures to Your Photos

*You can take part in discussions or start your own debate on our message boards

* Full details of our work experience scheme are here

*The terms and conditions for submitting video and pictures are set out on our website

There you go - enjoy....

Edit - excellent catch there Phage
S+F and kudos!

[edit on 12/3/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
What the frak...they were having a news conference and showing it live on the NASA channel and then right in the middle cut away as spokesperson was speaking and went to regular programming.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SlinkyDFW

I agree that the timing of the launch--postponed launch--of Discovery is just too coincidental. Then again, maybe I think that because I read stuff on this site too often ...

But, honestly, as soon as I opened the thread I thought about a Hopi prophecy thread I read a while back ...sigh... really need to get back to work ...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Media blackout! What the....

Nothing is loading on the website, they cut away from the news conference.....no more audio?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I just heard a weatherman state that the space junk was very tiny...about an inch or so in diameter.

If he is right, what kind of technology do we have to track something so tiny?

Anyone know how big it was and or maybe the weatherman is one of those know it all story tellers who make up facts when excited.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
[Media blackout! What the.... ]

Haha! So much for the space junk claim

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

the guy they just had on CNN from NASA said it was a piece of an engine ( so not a tiny thin piece of junk) and he said they got a call about it last night but didn't have enough time to do the space debris avoidance maneuver.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I just read on Yahoo that a NASA spokesman said the piece of junk was about one-third of one inch wide. How could they detect something so small?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I JUST discovered the live feed today and was listening...seconds after I connected I heard ground control say something like, "The object is of interest to us, too."

Then there was talk about some blue box that should be removed...then someone started talking in a foreign language that I can't understand (Russian? maybe Chinese too).

Very interesting.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TH3ON3

I've heard it was an engine, a spent thruster, 3 foot, 1 inch, old panel from a satellite, blah...blah.

The space station has semi-good cameras on board. Where's the video? If they had a 10 or 20 minute warning, for a one inch piece of metal, then it's obviously not traveling too fast, and probably wouldn't penetrate the skin of the station.

I'm not buying any of it until I see a video....a good one. I think they got scared and were ready to bail because they couldn't explain something, or they received a threat.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

The "blue box" (cursor type thingy) was on one of the display panels. The astronaut asked what it was, NASA said "nothing", and cleared it from the display. My guess is that it was the box that had been tracking the junk.

Funny part, right after it got cleared. The astronaut says "good, because I need a run". Ground says "you're free to run". Guess what "run" means.

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

agreed, the space station is worth so much money, even if the debris was headed at it, with all the scientist they have there, i feel they would have pointed one of the many cameras they have in the proper direction in order to see the object making a collision or coming close. if there isn't a video id be surprised. if the video was released to the public i would also be surprised. but i would like to see it.

i wish i was up there right now instead of down here, i bet it would be more exciting.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LOL I did hear the part about needing to take a run. So there isn't a treadmill on the ISS...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join