It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea warns intercepting 'satellite' will prompt counterstrike

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

thanks for that reply i now have an image of Kin Jong Il crying for a candy bar with Eric Cartmans voice
and didnt someone say a massive attack could take place between March 10th-March 20th..
this is getting interesting...
and NK would obliterate Seoul(i read somewhere N Korea has 4000 artillery batterys aimed at Seoul at any given time) and SK HQ's by the time the U.N acts unlike N Korea the UN has to go through red tape..thus making it easier for two military powers to be on exercise at the time for launch

ah well if something happens it happens. let's give em hell!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Geez louise, I think the North Koreans suffer from a defunct lunatic leader with a big mouth and I also think we all know what that feels like (Bush & Brown). Let them launch their rocket if it turns out to be a bomb (highly unlikely) then punish them if not let them have the same rights as any other country and move forward technologically.

To those who are asking for war, ask yourself who's pulling the strings here, you don't want them to win so stand against them and also at the end of it all someone kid is going to be left mutilated and dead in a ditch, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by mungodave

I wonder why people still think that they can talk with the North

You notice how everything is Americas fault? Not that by firing this thing off wont anger Japan or S Korea but it's all an America ploy.

Hey tristar you read the above quotes in the previous post?
Who's the war monger now aye?

[edit on 9-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

Slayer: I am not saying that everything is America's fault. But depending on how well your informed or devote your professional or free time you should be seeing pattern which dates back to the 50's. You really do not need to be an analyst to figure it out but then again it does help.
If some is provoked they will retaliate, so i cannot find the logic behind your reasoning. Lets not forget that one the most important strategies when you intend to conduct war, is to keep it as far away as possible from your own Command Center. The logistics of conducting a war is not that simple as you may assume to know. This is why all and any major wars in our moder time have been conducted away from U.S. soil.

Food for thought.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
And if his missile goes half way and blows up on it's own, do you think NK blames the US or their own incompetance?

Do you think they back down and say nevermind, it was just a missile test, or follow up with an artillery barrage on SK?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
What isn't being taken into consideration here is the reasons why N. Korea would want to launch this satellite.

The way I see it, N. Korea is being left out of contact with ETs and gathers intel that the Japanese and America forces and so on have been communicating with them and thinks they are gaining a huge advantage by technological means, so naturally they see this as an opportunity to regain strength and be recognized as a powerful nation.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It could mean that they want to cut a deal of some sorts. This is a tactic.
Pay close attention to any info on concessions to North Korea in the next couple of days.

Of ourse, their launch doesn't have to be intercepted, it can always have an unfortunate "accident". This gets us off the hook.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
candy bar and eric cartman. haha. that was funy.

I think North Korea is in for a rude awakening. Do they think that they can just do whatever they want, whenever they want, without any reprocussions? Do they not see why the rest of the world doesnt want them test firing anything right now? Is this really the time to be playing "guess what Im doing"? North Korea is getting out of hand, andI think that if they continue on the path that they are going, they will be no more. I hope that they get whats comming to them, and that one day S.Korea can just look up and say "see, we told you to leave us alone".
That wont happen though, they area bunch of fag monsters trying to scare the folks to the south cause those are the only people that they can threaten right now. I hope someone, anyone, gives them a taste of whats its like to eat ass.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

I served in South korea if we went to war with the north again it will be alot uglier than iraq. With NKs goverment failing you know they will try to fight it out to the last man too.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Just so everyone knows how much equipment and troops we are talking about.

This is not a ill prepared Middle Eastern mob, this is a well trained fanatical army. The air defence capabilities of North Korea should not be underestimated either, we will not have an easy "Shock and awe" campaign here and aircraft losses would be very high.

The North Korean air force has at least 525 Fighters made up from J-5 Fresco, MiG-17 Fresco, J-6 Farmer MiG-19 Farmer, J-7 Fishbed, MiG-21 Fishbed, MiG-23 Flogger, MiG-29 Fulcrum, Q-5, Su-7 Fitter and Su-25 Frogfoots

Army last estimates.

Strength 996,000

Organization
Corps 20
Conventional 12
Mechanized 4
Armor 1 2
Artillery 2
Geographic 1
Military district commands 9
Divisions / Brigades 153
Infantry divisions 60
Reserve and pacification divisions 22-26
Infantry brigades 3-6
Reserve and pacification brigades 18+
Mechanized and mobile brigades 25
Armor brigades 13
Artillery brigades 30
Special operations forces brigades 25
Special operations forces battalions 7

Equipment
Total medium and light tanks 3,800
T-54/55/59 +2,200
T-62 +600
T-34 n.a.
APCs 2,270
Other light tanks (PT-76/China's T-62/63 and North Korea's M-1985) n.a.
Artillery 11,200
Self-propelled +5,500
Towed +3,000
Multiple rocket launchers 2,400
Mortars
60-160mm +9,000

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I guess there is only one country in the world that can go and do what they want when they want... seriously, it's a satellite, what's it go to do with us? Do you think it's a bomb? Do you think that NK have a death wish, if this turns into a war it won't be from fault on their side.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

Originally posted by WestPoint23
We will know within minutes whether it is a satellite or something else. If it is something else and it is headed toward Japan or the US, then we have every right to shoot it down, and I believe we will. Even if it is not a satellite I do not think Japan will act without consulting the US, hence it all depends on Obama.

I don't think that the N. Koreans are that crazy to talk a satellite and test their missile instead. Their opponents may not shoot it down this time, but with the N. Korean satellite nowhere in the orbit, the second test launch gets shot down ASAP.

YES THEY ARE!
That guy is crazy. Bad man. Kim Jong Ill, blow up the world. Bad man.
Frank moment.

North Korea would do something like that. Just as they would sacrifice hundreds of thousands of their own population, just like they did recently, starving them to death.

Its not a satellite. Its a nuke test, in my well rounded and ejumacated opinion.

The strong holds, are no doubt the US military bases that dot the region. All branches of the US military have at least 1 base on Japan if not multiple, to include Okinawa and probably South Korea still.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
All this nonsense , is evidence that the "intelligence" services of the world are a bunch of useless, evil, bTards . They can only be there for the purpose of collecting drug money from thier gangster lackeys. If it was not so , then the North Korean government would have had thier throats cut while they slept years ago. Same problem I had with a war in Iraq... it wasnt nessacary, just keep killing Saddamalikes untill you get the real one. No troops , just lone , cammo'd killers. That ought to be the job of the secret service.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by s4dreamlnd93
Just so everyone knows how much equipment and troops we are talking about.

This is not a ill prepared Middle Eastern mob, this is a well trained fanatical army. The air defence capabilities of North Korea should not be underestimated either, we will not have an easy "Shock and awe" campaign here and aircraft losses would be very high.

The North Korean air force has at least 525 Fighters made up from J-5 Fresco, MiG-17 Fresco, J-6 Farmer MiG-19 Farmer, J-7 Fishbed, MiG-21 Fishbed, MiG-23 Flogger, MiG-29 Fulcrum, Q-5, Su-7 Fitter and Su-25 Frogfoots

Army last estimates.

Strength 996,000

Organization
Corps 20
Conventional 12
Mechanized 4
Armor 1 2
Artillery 2
Geographic 1
Military district commands 9
Divisions / Brigades 153
Infantry divisions 60
Reserve and pacification divisions 22-26
Infantry brigades 3-6
Reserve and pacification brigades 18+
Mechanized and mobile brigades 25
Armor brigades 13
Artillery brigades 30
Special operations forces brigades 25
Special operations forces battalions 7

Equipment
Total medium and light tanks 3,800
T-54/55/59 +2,200
T-62 +600
T-34 n.a.
APCs 2,270
Other light tanks (PT-76/China's T-62/63 and North Korea's M-1985) n.a.
Artillery 11,200
Self-propelled +5,500
Towed +3,000
Multiple rocket launchers 2,400
Mortars
60-160mm +9,000

Oh please, that is a list of antiques, where's their navy? I can just see 50,000 NK troops swimming out to attack a modern destroyer...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'm not really all that concerned. What can North Korea do anyways?
Us getting involved during this economic depression will strech our resources?!
Ha. Don't make me laugh. All we need to do for a response is send a stealth bomber and some cover, then we'll see who is laughing then.
Potentially it might have bad results for South Korea... But if they even touch SK, we'll bomb the absolute # out of them no doubt about it. I don't think that is a risk they are willing to take.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
(Double post, delete.)

[edit on 3/9/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Monday, March 9, 2009

North Korea says on full combat readiness

YEONPYEONG, South Korea (Reuters) - North Korea on Monday said it had put its armed forces on full combat readiness in response to the start of annual military exercises by U.S. and South Korean troops, raising tension on the divided peninsula.

In a statement read on state television, a fierce-voiced military official also warned that any attempt to shoot down the long-range missile the reclusive state plans to launch soon would be seen as an act of war.

"Shooting our satellite for peaceful purposes will precisely mean a war," a spokesman for the Korean People's Army said on North Korea's one television channel.

"The touch-and-go situation in which a nuclear war may break out at any moment is prevailing on the Korean peninsula and the destiny of the nation is exposed to threat owing to the reckless moves of the Lee Myung Bak bellicose group," the North's communist daily Rodong Sinmun said.

(Source: Reuters)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I wonder if they are going to launch it on the 10th of march?

which will probably be the 9th in the US

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Im not saying I'm warmonger. But frankly, Kim Jong Ill needs to get put into its place. Alot of military advancements have changed since the korean war. If NK really wants to start something, We could see some a quick war like we did with Iraq, ending in a matter of weeks. Not only do the US have military planes that could just swoop in the darkness of night and destroy all of NK communication, military bases, and infrastructure. Without even setting off a blimp on the radar. The world have already seen how fast and effective the US military is when it comes to invasion tactics. AKA Shock and Awe, baby.

What the U.S should do is remind, Mr Kim Jong Ill, what happen to the last dictator that was in cross hairs of US military forces.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Nemox42]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
N. Korea, the mouth that Roared .
This country is the or one of the last hold outs of the old way.
They spend there time trying to scare the South, break deals , do not help there people.
Sell weapons to anyone that has money.
And threaten just about every country in Asia. And it will not stop till they are stopped.
North Korea has become a festering wound in Asia , and will cause death and destruction to the area if left to go the way they are. How much longer do you think they will last as Country's of the rest of the world stop giving them food and Oil and things of this sort to keep them quite.
And when they run out they will strike out as they will not have anything to lose!
It is just a matter of time before this happens so everyone needs to get ready , because in less there people over throw there government things are not going to change and war will happen.

It may take a few years but it will happen!
Every time they need or want something they can't afford what do they do?
They start up there Nuke program again,start selling Rockets to terrorist and do just about anything they can to threaten the rest of the world and South Korea. They do this in stead of working with the Nations around them.
There can only be one outcome with a country like this!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalu
N. Korea, the mouth that Roared .
This country is the or one of the last hold outs of the old way.
They spend there time trying to scare the South, break deals , do not help there people.
Sell weapons to anyone that has money.
And threaten just about every country in Asia. And it will not stop till they are stopped.
North Korea has become a festering wound in Asia , and will cause death and destruction to the area if left to go the way they are. How much longer do you think they will last as Country's of the rest of the world stop giving them food and Oil and things of this sort to keep them quite.
And when they run out they will strike out as they will not have anything to lose!
It is just a matter of time before this happens so everyone needs to get ready , because in less there people over throw there government things are not going to change and war will happen.

It may take a few years but it will happen!
Every time they need or want something they can't afford what do they do?
They start up there Nuke program again,start selling Rockets to terrorist and do just about anything they can to threaten the rest of the world and South Korea. They do this in stead of working with the Nations around them.
There can only be one outcome with a country like this!

Sad to say this, But I got to agree with you. NK is sort of like that lone bully that no one likes, and will probably ultimately get his butt whooped on when he pisses off the wrong people. Worst case scenario, they piss off china. China will rain hell on them without even as much flinching. Some of the other world powers have been wanting to flex their muscles since the US did in afgan and Iraq. Alot of things have changed since the cold war, but violent intent isn't one of them.

I don't even know what this Kim Jong Ill fool is thinking. You got no friends and frankly you been pointing the barrel of your gun at all your neighbors. Even if they decide to let off all their nukes, at south Korea or whoever is in that region. You think your going to live the next day to boast about how I told you so? You don't go fight a group of grizzle bears with just a bb gun. It just isn't very smart.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join