It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea warns intercepting 'satellite' will prompt counterstrike

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by stander

I don't think that the N. Koreans are that crazy to talk a satellite and test their missile instead. Their opponents may not shoot it down this time, but with the N. Korean satellite nowhere in the orbit, the second test launch gets shot down ASAP.

You cant be that naive can you?
They can do both
There is no difference. If the payload makes it to orbit then they know all they have to do next time is replace it with a nuke get it?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven

Well, not sure if we (USA) would be the one's directly involved, but South Korea or Japan may end up being involved in this matter. Such an attack would then bring others (read: USA) into the mix. This would stretch our resources even further...and if the planned summer riots (just a bit paranoid here) pan out, then we are in some serious trouble.

NOW, more so than at anytime previous, we NEED to intercept a North Korean Missile Launch. We must call them on their bluff, for if we do not, this is nothing more than an ego and aura builder for that demented Beaver: Kim Jong Il.

Besides, North Korea just put forth with an open threat towards any and all Commercial Aircraft Flying within the Vicinity of their Nation. Combined with this Open and Blatant Threat, the Missile Launch poses enough of a Threat Posture that it Must be Dealt with.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Anyone else find it interesting in this CNN video report on North Korea that Kim J. is from district 333.

www.cnn.com...

This is the masonic number of the Illuminati.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

exactly. if this missle can reach orbit the implications are huge. if the north trys to launch this thing, we need to shoot it down, regardless of which direction it is traviling

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by stander

I don't think that the N. Koreans are that crazy to talk a satellite and test their missile instead. Their opponents may not shoot it down this time, but with the N. Korean satellite nowhere in the orbit, the second test launch gets shot down ASAP.

You cant be that naive can you?
They can do both
There is no difference. If the payload makes it to orbit then they know all they have to do next time is replace it with a nuke get it?

Yes, some folks truly can be Naive (I am not directing this towards Stander).

Take a look at a Conversation I had with an individual over this very same topic:

North Korea- Missile Intercept Debate

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
IF this is what gets us into WW3, then I must say none of us predicted the outcome right. We all thought it would be Israel vs Iran...unless this N.Korea thing is a distraction...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
if a war starts in N korea the rest of the world is going to go nuts. all of these countries that are at the boiling point will flash over and there will be war world wide because the tyrants of the world will know that the super powers will not be able to effectivly stop all of the wars.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I tell you what... If this thing goes up, and everyone tries to take it down... but the thing still keeps on going up... Wow that is certainly going to be embarrassing

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

This North Korean thing has never left the table it has been on the back burner for decades and has been a thorn in Chinese American relations forever Heck even little Kimmys father kicked the Chinese out over a disagreement. During China's cultural revolution because they didn't like the kind of Communist he was.

Clinton was ready to stomp them in the early 90s but former president Carter was able to broker a deal. Imagine that, Clinton was ready for war. Now you know this is a very serious situation if slick Willy was ready for war.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
reply to post by Solomons

ya it could get nasty for the south but within hours the U.N will release thousands of bombs and missles on the north. the norths agression would be short lived
so if the NK send up a Satellite and it strays off course and gets shot out of the sky, who is in the wrong?

NASA Climate Satellite Crashes in Ocean After Launch Failure

If NASA can get it wrong, who is to say that NK can't?

so saying NATO will support dropping bombs may be a bit premature, China gets a vote in any resolution and also have the power of veto.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
When is this sucker supposed to be launched?

I like pie.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

I like pie.

Does anyone know when they are talking about launching this? Honestly besides Japan and China i do not think the rest of the world really takes N Korea seriously.

Honestly if N Korea were to launch and someone shot it down, i really don't think the conflict would be long lived. N Korea would hit back but the second they hit anything worth while all of the Souths problems would suddenly disapear.

Only thing i could see happening globally if things went upside down is Iran and Isreal finally having a show down.

Either way both conflicts would be short lived. North Korea would do some damage but be flattened in right afterwards. Between Isreal and Iran, Iran would be flattened.

I say shoot the thing down. Just wish we knew a little more about when this launch is goign to occur. If details emerge i will be glued to the TV because i can't see the anyone let the thing go to far off the gorund.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lightinthedark33

Originally posted by whoshotJR

I like pie.

Does anyone know when they are talking about launching this? Honestly besides Japan and China i do not think the rest of the world really takes N Korea seriously.

I think everybody takes N Korea seriously.

I also think nobody is going to be blackmailed by them either. This is just the latest in a very long line of garbage that they have over decades been pulling in the region. I say enough already heck it's funny people still think China can weigh in on this they can't.

N Korea won't listen to them anymore. But N Korea will hide behind them if it gets too hot. Personally I think China is tired of little Kimmy pulling this crap when he wants attention. I think China is about done with them.

It would be in everybody's best interest if Kimmy and his band of merry men were gone. That way Korea would be unified and the N Koreans can get help with food and medicine. And they will be able to join the rest of the world and then the US can Leave.

I seriously believe the tension in the region would drop drastically and the US, China ,Koreans, and Japanese can focus on getting the economies going again.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by lightinthedark33

Slayer you seem to have a pretty good grasp on issues such as war and politics of it. Can you wiegh in on this thread for me. (www.abovetopsecret.com...) I'd like to know your input on my response in the thread. I tend to learn a lot from your posts.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
In respect to this topic and similar topics revolving around the same issue you can see my comments here :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and the confirmation is here :

news.bbc.co.uk...

That being said, perhaps people who post on ats site should be more biased rather than hot headed. War is not something you can switch off as a video game. It costs lives and resources and should be avoided at all costs..!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think with all the crap going on right now in North Korea, they may be crazy enough to do it. Their government is about to fall apart anyways.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Hey tristar thanks for your opinion.
Now that our local thought police is gone we can all get back to the topic at hand shall we?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

N Korea places troops on combat alert By North Asia correspondent Mark Willacy and wires Posted 40 minutes ago Updated 25 minutes ago North Korea says it is ready to use force against the US and South Korea. North Korea says it is ready to use force against the US and South Korea. (AFP) North Korea has put its 1.2 million-strong military on combat alert in response to a massive war games exercise involving US and South Korean troops. More than 50,000 US and South Korean soldiers are taking part in the annual war games, which will last for more than a week. The head of US forces in South Korea, General Walter Sharp, has defended the exercise, saying it is a routine drill which takes place every year. But Pyongyang has denounced the war games as a prelude to a full-scale invasion. In a statement published by the country's official news agency, the Korean People's Army described the exercises as "unprecedented in the number of the aggressor forces involved and in their duration". "The KPA Supreme Command issued an order to all service persons to be fully combat-ready," the statement said. "A war will break out if the US imperialists and the warmongers of the South Korean puppet military hurl the huge troops and sophisticated strike means to mount an attack." The joint exercise involves a US aircraft carrier, 26,000 US soldiers and more than 30,000 South Korean troops. Satellite tension But it comes this year at a time of high cross-border tension and growing pressure on the North to drop plans to fire a rocket. North Korea says it is preparing for a satellite launch but Seoul and Washington believe the real purpose is to test a Taepodong-2 missile that could theoretically reach Alaska. The North Korean army's General Staff said it would retaliate "with prompt counter-strikes by the most powerful military means" if there was any attempt to intercept the satellite. "Shooting our satellite for peaceful purposes will precisely mean a war," it said. Japan said last week it was prepared to shoot down any rocket headed toward its territory. Admiral Timothy Keating, who commands the US Pacific Command, said interceptor ships were ready "on a moment's notice". "Should it look like it's something other than a satellite launch, we will be fully prepared to respond as the President directs," he said recently. The North is angry at South Korea's conservative President Lee Myung-Bak, who has scrapped his predecessors' policy of offering virtually unconditional aid to Pyongyang. Analysts suspect it is also taking a tougher stance as it competes for US President Barack Obama's attention with other world hotspots. The new US envoy for North Korea, Stephen Bosworth, has said any launch would be "very ill-advised". Mr Bosworth has held talks in Beijing, Tokyo and Seoul on ways to persuade the North to push ahead with a nuclear disarmament deal and to dissuade it from firing a rocket. "I have no illusions about what I've agreed to try to deal with. It's a very difficult mandate," he said on Monday in Seoul before talks with Foreign Minister Yu Myung-Hwan.

Just a thought

Mungo
PS tried to get it to look like the news post... couldnt do it sorry.

www.abc.net.au...

[edit on 9/3/2009 by mungodave]

[edit on 9/3/2009 by mungodave]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mungodave

I wonder why people still think that they can talk with the North

You notice how everything is Americas fault? Not that by firing this thing off wont anger Japan or S Korea but it's all an America ploy.

Hey tristar you read the above quotes in the previous post?
Who's the war monger now aye?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by mungodave

I wonder why people still think that they can talk with the North

You notice how everything is Americas fault? Not that by firing this thing off wont anger Japan or S Korea but it's all an America ploy.

Hey tristar you read the above quotes in the previous post?
Who's the war monger now aye?

Slayer........
I think the whole world is getting desperate.....

And in the same way going mad.

I dont like it, cant assimilate it, or accept it.......

Maybe its me that going mad.....

Or is that the plan?????

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join