It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea warns intercepting 'satellite' will prompt counterstrike

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

N. Korea warns intercepting 'satellite' will prompt counterstrike

www.breitbart.com

"We will retaliate (over) any act of intercepting our satellite for peaceful purposes with prompt counterstrikes by the most powerful military means," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted a spokesman of the General Staff of the Korean People's Army as saying.

If countries such as the United States, Japan or South Korea try to intercept the launch, the North Korean military will carry out "a just retaliatory strike operation not only against all the interceptor means involved but against the strongholds" of the countries, it said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well, not sure if we (USA) would be the one's directly involved, but South Korea or Japan may end up being involved in this matter. Such an attack would then bring others (read: USA) into the mix. This would stretch our resources even further...and if the planned summer riots (just a bit paranoid here) pan out, then we are in some serious trouble.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well I definetly agree with the OP. This is not something that we need to be involved in during such economic times. We are already wrapped up in two wars that aren't giving us anything but dead soldiers.

I don't think the US would intercept the satelite, so much as they would probably simply watch very closely.

Japan seems more of a candidate for taking that thing down. Along with their proximity to the coast as well as they already have a Naval fleet there if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder what NK means by strongholds. Like city capitals? What kind of attack could they of all people carry out, I doubt they have any serious weaponry that couln't be intercepted or diverted by Japan, China or even SK.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wonder why they are so passionate about sending a Peaceful Satelite up, if there's nothing in it to be worried about there really stressing that it not be intercepted, obviously they could explain "hey guys satelite going up, just stay away", (Oh yeah getting HBO now).

Smells a little fishy to me. But if it's all checked out, I would suggest just let them do it.

N. Korea, needs a serious chill pill.

Still very suspicious of their motives.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Too many boys -
With too many dangerous toys.

It's too bad our intelligence doesn't surpass
our ability to make the weapons that can annihilate us.

Bad planning on Gods part.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven

...and if the planned summer riots (just a bit paranoid here) pan out, then we are in some serious trouble.

If South Korea and/or Japan get into a conflict with North Korea, the United States will almost certainly be drawn into it. On another note, please elaborate on the riots mentioned in the quote above. I've read that there may be riots in the UK in the Spring and Summer - is that what you're referring to, or have you heard that there may be trouble in the US?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Its a worrying development.
Especially if someone else intercepts the missile and blames the USA.

But, I think the US is going to experience a lot more of this sort of, brinkmanship.

The US is in deep financial trouble.

You cannot be a world superpower without Both of the crucial elements

1- Strong military
2- Strong Economy

One will cancel out the other if its dismal.

The US cannot afford multiple conflicts at the moment.

If Korea really wanted to start something The US would not be the country to finish the conflict and mould the diplomacy.

I think it would be China now, and we all know what sort of intentions China would have over an eastern piece of real-estate.

But what happens when its not a small nation doing the antagonising?

What happens if China starts declaring nuclear testing allowable?
What happens if China starts threatening Taiwan?
What happens if Saudi switches the OIL to Euro?
What happens if .....

If the USA doesn’t reign in the economic issue, a new world superpower will emerge.

A superpower that will not focus on economic greed, but on military conquest.

God help us all!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I wouldn't be so sure we are not headed for a conflict.
Japan May Launch Interceptors to Counter North Korean Missile Test

The Kyodo News Agency, citing sources from the Japanese Ministry of Defense, reports Japan will dispatch two Aegis equipped destroyers into the Sea of Japan that could potentially shoot-down missiles launched by North Korea. Japan's government has not confirmed this report. For the past few weeks, Japanese, South Korean and American intelligence agencies have been closely watching activity at a rocket launch pad on North Korea's east coast.

Also

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
We will know within minutes whether it is a satellite or something else. If it is something else and it is headed toward Japan or the US, then we have every right to shoot it down, and I believe we will. Even if it is not a satellite I do not think Japan will act without consulting the US, hence it all depends on Obama.

This is his first big test by the North Koreans, if he does nothing while North Korea defies the world with a provocative missile launch (not satellite) then you may see more such incidents. By the way, all the North Koreans can really do is cause a lot of infrastructure damage and kill civilians. Most of their military (and capability) would be destroyed within days before any sort of meaningful advance or action.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Could they just launch the thing already so we can get it over with?

Come on! LAUNCH THE DAMN THING, we know it's going to fail.

And at the same time, there's a joint US-SK exercise... yeah war were never started like that...

North Koreans forces are on high alert.

I don't want war, South Korea is a great country and it would be a shame to see Seoul reduced to rubbles.

The only thing NK have is an artillery barage that would kill thousands of people in Seoul in minutes.

If NK starts a war, NUKE PYONGYANG. Enough with this BS.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Seoul is withing artillery range from NK, the death toll would be immense

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yeah well war is horrible people die. There will be a massive death toll on both sides it's a good thing most of the world supports S Korea so they should recover quickly after the North is in ashes.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And you wouldn't help the poor starving populace of North korea recover? and btw it would be south korea in ashes..it would be devastated in a war,even if USA etc were involved the N koreans still have enough time to launch hell on S.Korea.We should be putting more pressure on China not war mongering and getting tens of millions killed.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
We will know within minutes whether it is a satellite or something else. If it is something else and it is headed toward Japan or the US, then we have every right to shoot it down, and I believe we will. Even if it is not a satellite I do not think Japan will act without consulting the US, hence it all depends on Obama.

I don't think that the N. Koreans are that crazy to talk a satellite and test their missile instead. Their opponents may not shoot it down this time, but with the N. Korean satellite nowhere in the orbit, the second test launch gets shot down ASAP.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

you really think N. Korea has the upper hand and would leave the south in ashes?? are you kidding me? the south has the support of the u.n. If the North so much as raises a finger they will be pounded by around 30 of the globes military super powers. all the north is trying to do is gett attention. They’re like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum. maybe well give them more money to step down like we did last time. thats all they want…like a child crying for a candy bar

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Yes i know North korea is looking for some sort of hand out for not doing anything crazy...they have been doing it for years.But the amount of firepower they have pointed at south korea is enough to rain hell on them,it would be a blood bath.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
the whole "it's just a peaceful north korean space program" arguement, is mute. if they have a rocket that can reach space they have a missle capable of hitting the U.S. saying its a sattelite is a thinly guised attempt for testing an ICBM

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

ya it could get nasty for the south but within hours the U.N will release thousands of bombs and missles on the north. the norths agression would be short lived

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by SLAYER69

And you wouldn't help the poor starving populace of North korea recover?

Oh sure I think the world would help all of Korea of course.

As far as helping the starving people the N Korean government has ignored them long enough I would say. I think once their people are able to join the rest of the world they'll see they got suckered by a dictatorship.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The issue is the missiles path. If it overflys Japan like a previous test, they should knock it down. Its that simple.

If anything nothing like a war to rev up an economy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join