It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea warns intercepting 'satellite' will prompt counterstrike

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Anyone see the game theoretic implications of this? I should probably draw up a graph. This is interesting.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

I should probably draw up a graph.

Please do.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

you bring up a valid point, there are war games going on.

Just like simulated jets hitting buildings,
sometimes things go wrong in simulations and they don't know if the call is real of simulated, it would be very easy to use the excuse that the communications got confused between reality and simulation and that is why the satellite was shot down.
Japan/US can say it was justt an accident and will pay for it, or a very sick NK leader will think he has nothing to lose anymore and just try and go out with a bang.

truth is that none of us know what will or is going to happen, all we do is speculate how things may pan out.
So far, none of us have been right, some of us have ben less right than others however

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
In response to the posting about NK's military strength... How modern is that equipment? Not very I'd wager...how much of it do you think actually works? I bet a great deal of it would break down in a few days of actual combat use.

BTW, here is the coordinates of the NK launch site, in case you are interested in looking it up:
Musudan, North Korea 40 degrees 51' 20.12" N
129 degrees 29' 56.98" E

Sources: Janes Information Group (site name) www.janes.com...

Google Earth (coordinates)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JJRichey

I have to disagree here with this statement. The North Koreans are a very proud military nation, from what I've heard of their munitions, artillery, vehicles and so on a lot may date back to the 80's, even the 70's, but I am sure they would regularly maintain and repair any issues.

I believe they have a very strong army... I'm also lead to believe the number of soldiers to be closer to 1.6 million than just under a million as posted earlier.

Another post mentioned "it's just a satellite, they're not testing missile's"... that's the exact same guise they tried to use 3 year's ago when they fired one of their long range missiles over Japanese airspace. They, just like Iran, should have every right to explore space freely and uncompromisingly and in fact the more nations get camera's out there the sooner we may settle another hot topic on these forums as more and more nations likely to disclose encounters with UFO's emerge as space explorers.

Do NK have a satellite? I bet not. The telemetry they have been moving to the launch site recently is specific missile tracking equipment afaik. Would they lie in order to launch a missile? History say's yes and we all know it repeats itself all too often.

Let's hope Mr. Kim see's fit to not launch anything... NK are already a very ronery country (couldn't resist, sorry) and they'll only further escalate tensions whatever they plan on - to expect other countries not to defend their airspace is beyond naive. A ploy for the usual NK throw a wobbly, stick out a hand... more than likely we'll see handouts and / or the removal of certain sanctions over this.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Pr0t0]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
First off, I know this isn't a satellite. If it were, North Korea would allow a UN supervision of the launch to avoid a multi-hundredmillion - billion dollar machine being shot down. And I don't think they can afford it being their own people are starving.

Second off, this has been going on for decades. I don't think they will ever attack South Korea, because even if they take out the Soule, it would mean their demise, probably nuclear.

Everyone knows wars today are won with air power, NK could not compete with our air superiority. Their army would be sent back to the 1920's era within days; not that their equipment is modern to begin with.

When are they supposed to launch the missile anyway?

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think these guy's are a joke. All that is, is fear mongering. There is nothing that will happen that is not predetermined by the elite. There tacticts are getting more and more transparent.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Hugh Jackman reminds me of Clint Eastwood a bit in that photo, although different actors they are the nearest to being alike in a long time if there has been Clint type actors which there has not.

Anyway all these rumours of wars are just silly, nothing ever happens as people predict, the good of the world will overcome the evils.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

Has anyone thought of the possibility of China asking why a sattelite was destroyed.

Not really, does it matter?
Tell China if they dont play ball they will never get paid. Besides they need us fat lazy evil Americans to purchase their low quality products so they can feed their people.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pr0t0
reply to post by JJRichey

I have to disagree here with this statement. The North Koreans are a very proud military nation, from what I've heard of their munitions, artillery, vehicles and so on a lot may date back to the 80's, even the 70's, but I am sure they would regularly maintain and repair any issues.

I believe they have a very strong army... I'm also lead to believe the number of soldiers to be closer to 1.6 million than just under a million as posted earlier.

Yeah but no or hardly any fuel to maintain any sort of long term offensive.
People tend to forget that little Fact!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You advised me to read your previous threads , I just did , that was VERY interesting , not the usual kind of bull we all see everyday here .

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
first thing that needs to be done, is for someone to prove it is not a sattelite, very hard to do when you have wreckage strewn over hundreds of kilometers.

If North Korea are saying it is a sattelite and china is convinced, do you think China is going to allow attacks in their own backyard without giving a little helping out from behind the scenes?

I really think that this is a very fine line that must be tread very carefully

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by munkey66

Has anyone thought of the possibility of China asking why a sattelite was destroyed.

Not really, does it matter?
Tell China if they dont play ball they will never get paid. Besides they need us fat lazy evil Americans to purchase their low quality products so they can feed their people.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

and when is it that China worried about human rights?

China know they won't get paid, they may just want to get their pound of flesh

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That's actually not a bad observation
sometimes the minor detail can slip one's mind!! I'm gonna go with vegetable oil and modified diesel engines

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
North Korea is only a threat to South Korea. That's why they haven't been attacked in 50 years even if they deserve it.

Here's a few things you must consider why NK is a threat.

10.000 artillery pieces, rocket artillery which have at least a 1000 pieces, missiles... and the army is now on high alert. In 2 minutes they could launch over 10.000 artillery shells.

They could level Seoul within an hour. Over 10 million in population, one of the largest city in the world. Imagine that. In an hour, they can kill at least half of that since there's no way that 10 million people would be able to evacuate the city in less than an hour.

If such an attack from the North took place, South Korea would invade the North. They are not going to hunker down and take an unrelenting bombardment.

As well the possible responses have already been worked out. If the North appeared to be moving men and material in place to lunch such an attack, bombers from Guam and Okinawa would already be hovering over these artillery position before they started to fire.

In addition all of the major North Korean armed forces centers would be pounded.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Something sounds weird to me , Iran launched a satellite recently , it raised suspicions too , and now North Korea , and we know that these countries are suspected of " military nuclear activities " , I hope that's not a kind of alliance just at the moment when the U.s are in a difficult position on its economy , Europe is half emerged in the abysses already , that would be pretty nasty from their part . But the several previous moments of tension didnt lead the U.s to war , both with Iran and Nk so what to think
confusing situation

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
One this could be a distraction for something about to happen in Iran, Like a nuke test. They are partners in crime. If NK happens to loose it and starts shooting at South Korea then either the U.S. or China would set the north on fire with nukes right quick. Fifteen minutes is all it takes to shut up Lil Kim should one U.S. sub commander get the nod from Obama.

China doesn't like N.K. one bit and would rather see South Korea in business now. China would prefer the status quo but make no mistake they will not let Lil Kim get away with much.

I think no matter what is shot into the air by N.K. it must be shot down to one send him a message that he is no longer relevant and will not be put up with anymore, Two Obama needs to send one to the world that he will not be some pushover like slick Willy Jefferson Clinton.

Lunatics like Lil Kim and their goon squads need to be removed from the face of this earth via what ever it takes.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Sorry I wasn't very clear, it was more of a question really than a statement about everything breaking down. I was logistics in the Marine Corps, so I realize how hard it is to keep a army supplied, especially when its moving! Its very easy to outrun your supplies, and I just don't think NK would maintain supply lines very well in a major offensive; would they?
As for the "satilitte" I say let em launch and if it strays off course at all, shoot it down as its well withing a nations rights to do so if threatened.
I don't belive NK to have a very modern military at all(correct me if I'm wrong!). Looking around at Korean airbases(most of which you have to hunt for becasue they aren't listed as landmarks), I've seen mostly old MIGs, a few frogfoots, etc, from what I could tell anyways (I'm no Intel anaylst!) Anyways, just my two cents.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Does anyone here know the exact launch date ??

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grinder
Does anyone here know the exact launch date ??

no one actually knows the date of the test.
some say days and others say weeks

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join