It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korea warns intercepting 'satellite' will prompt counterstrike

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asset1911
reply to post by SLAYER69

You advised me to read your previous threads , I just did , that was VERY interesting , not the usual kind of bull we all see everyday here .

Whose this we?
Your birth date is fairly newbish

[edit on 9-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Well said, they are so behind the times that in a fight, they would fold quicker than the Republican Guard. Our technologies, air power, and navel power would decimate their entire country in days. You can't do a lot with a million men if you can't get them moved south let alone out of their bomb shelters. This is all bark, the way they have been doing business for decades and since they get away with it, they will just keep doing it. I think we ought to shoot the damn thing down just to challenge their bark. It would stun them for a day or so and then they'd just start barking again. Then the world would know they're bark is less then their bite. This is one country I'm sick of seeing us cow down to. They're just a family mafia in control of a country and that shouldn't exist on this planet in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pappie54

Well said, they are so behind the times that in a fight, they would fold quicker than the Republican Guard. Our technologies, air power, and navel power would decimate their entire country in days. You can't do a lot with a million men if you can't get them moved south let alone out of their bomb shelters. This is all bark, the way they have been doing business for decades and since they get away with it, they will just keep doing it. I think we ought to shoot the damn thing down just to challenge their bark. It would stun them for a day or so and then they'd just start barking again. Then the world would know they're bark is less then their bite. This is one country I'm sick of seeing us cow down to. They're just a family mafia in control of a country and that shouldn't exist on this planet in this day and age.

Best post in this thread.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

Here's what the future holds, no one will intercept the Satellite. Without the backings of America the other pupet states can't really do much. America is in trouble itself and trying to hold on to being a slave master against other candidates. It won't happens and if it does I'm leaving ATS
Seriously though, I will. That is how confident I'm about how the world runs.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pappie54

Isn't the family mafia in Europe somewhere, umm I forgot the name can you tell us all where.

Do you really think China will allow you to # around its turf? (since you started the mafia thingy I will play along)

Do you really believe China and Russia will allow this? They are looking for any chance to finally rid of America's inflence in that region. If America makes one false move, checkmate.

Did you know America borrowed money from China in Iraq war? Where do you think the money will come this time
The Europeans won't help you, trust me that old alliance against Nazis doesn't exist anymore. So America alone with its pupets, what can they really do?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Hey ... Um, I still feel pretty happy that the UK had an ally against Nazis... Trouble being ,that now the US has more Nazis than most other places you can go. In fact if you have a dig around , you will probably find a town (someplace southern I think) in america, which is entirely populated by fools such as them.
However regards this crap... theres no need for war. Situations like this require under the radar kill teams set up by secret services, not massed invasion, bombing , or full on armed conflict.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ownification

Did you know America borrowed money from China in Iraq war? Where do you think the money will come this time
The Europeans won't help you, trust me that old alliance against Nazis doesn't exist anymore. So America alone with its pupets, what can they really do?

If only the world was that simple. Thanks for your version of events.
Lets get back on topic please

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
To all that discount the potential of the NK military: it seems that you may also be discounting history's lessons. History is full of examples where nations with supposedly weak or technologically inferior forces have stymied and sometimes even won against 'superior' forces.

Do I think we would eventually win? Absolutely. But at what cost? And that is the real issue at stake here.

I can tell you this: The US is so concerned about North Korea that we have established CFC (Combined Forces Command) to operate independently of PACOM (Pacific Command), in order to ensure the war there would be managed efficiently and effectively. It is not by accident that CFC is the only place in the US military structure where a separate four-star general operates within a Combatant Command's Area of Responsibility.

So please don't dismiss so disrespectfully the threat that NK military poses; the US military certainly doesn't.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

If only the world was that simple. Thanks for your version of events.
Lets get back on topic please

This is related to the topic duhh. And yes the world is simple, we make it complicated ourselves because we want to believe it is complicated.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Uhhhmmmm

I don't see Iraq or Nazi Germany or American dept mentioned anywhere hmmm

[edit on 10-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Uhhhmmmm

I don't see Iraq or Nazi Germany or American dept mentioned anywhere hmmm

[edit on 10-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

Holy crap are you kidding me, read the whole post not just half. It is exactly on topic, about the satellite launch and how America won't intercept it like others advised to do so.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Bring it.

I'm tired of all this sitting around running mouths.

Time we moved the DMZ north a bit.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Bring it.

I'm tired of all this sitting around running mouths.

Time we moved the DMZ north a bit.

Nice...and you're in Korea too! Personally I agree, call their bluff. Its like giving a 5 year old a cookie every time he cries becasue he wants one, we appease so they think it works(which it does). Anybody who thinks the US military is impotent needs to open their eyes, on a military-on-military confrontation they have quite a bit of firepower at their disposal and lots and lots of airpower based stateside and overseas, including the B2 bombers at Anderson in Guam. I can't help but wonder though if the same tactics that worked in the beginning of the Gulf war would work here too, sending in EW aircraft to jam the radars, then send in the bombers and other jets.

So the 10th has come and gone here and still no launch...wish they would already so we can see what will happen! I hope it blows up on the launchpad...that'd be embarressing(again).

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Update:

NKorea says to take 'every measure' to protect itself - 2 hours ago

SEOUL (AFP) — North Korea vowed Wednesday to take "every necessary measure" to protect itself as it issued a fresh warning that an ongoing US-South Korean military exercise could trigger a war.

The new US intelligence chief, Dennis Blair, said he believed the North is indeed planning a satellite launch, but noted that the technology involved is "indistinguishable from intercontinental ballistic missiles."

"I tend to believe that the North Koreans announced that they are going to do a space launch, and I believe that that's what they intend," he told the Senate Armed Services Committee Tuesday.

Blair said that if a three-stage space launch vehicle worked, it could reach not only Alaska and Hawaii but parts of the other 48 US states.

(Source: Agence France-Presse)

Russia, China concerned over tensions on Korean Peninsula - 48 minutes ago

MOSCOW, March 11 (Itar-Tass) - Russian and Chinese foreign ministers Sergei Lavrov and Yang Jiechi have expressed concern over tensions on the Korean Peninsula and called on all sides to refrain from actions that may disrupt security in the region.

“Having discussed the situation in the North Eastern Asia they expressed concern over tensions on the Korean Peninsula,” the foreign ministry said after the telephone conversation between the two diplomats on Wednesday.

“Lavrov and Jiechi called on all sides to show restraint and composure and refrain from actions that may disrupt stability and security in the region,” the ministry said.

“Russia and China call for all disputed issues to be resolved exclusively by peaceful, political and diplomatic means, through consultations and negotiations,” the source said.

The parties also “discussed the schedule of Russian-Chinese contacts and some other topical issues on the international agenda.”

(Source: Itar-Tass News Agency)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
ET's to N. Korea. We will take out your satellites, just like we are doing for everyone else unless we think them to benefit of the planet.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Wasn't some of the first stories on this saying they where planning on launching the darn thing on March 10th? It has passed and no launch.

Maybe they are yet again testing the waters.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I'm afraid North Korea's leadership is not influenced by popular internet dates. They would very much like to gain cessions, and changes, before any actual launch, which would be the end result, a military statement of defiance. I suspect this is why Mr. Kim is visiting Beijing, apparently sometime soon. We'll see how much influence China can exert on the North.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Hey.

I read on Reuters (I think) that they plan to launch by the end of the month.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie
Wasn't some of the first stories on this saying they where planning on launching the darn thing on March 10th? It has passed and no launch.

Maybe they are yet again testing the waters.

I hear they were going to launch the Taepong Dong II on March 15th..
Isn't this satellite a missile?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven

www.breitbart.com

"We will retaliate (over) any act of intercepting our satellite for peaceful purposes with prompt counterstrikes by the most powerful military means," the official Korean Central News Agency quoted a spokesman of the General Staff of the Korean People's Army as saying.

If countries such as the United States, Japan or South Korea try to intercept the launch, the North Korean military will carry out "a just retaliatory strike operation not only against all the interceptor means involved but against the strongholds" of the countries, it said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Sounds like this threat was for internal consumption.

No other country would have a reason to try and intercept their missile unless it appeared to be attacking them. No country would use it as a test of their defensive systems, because it would be so embarrassing if it failed, because the North Korean missile dropped short (haven't most of them?).

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join