It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi is fake

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
And when the guy said he could hear the EVP in his earpiece? How can that happen when it on the recorder?

I was sitting at home watching that show live and I HEARD IT.
If I could hear it on the TV then I'm sure that everyone in the
control room could hear it as well as those with earpieces.

You are probably a fan boi who refuses to believe it's fake

What is a 'fan boi'????

No. If there is evidence of fakery I'll buy it. But that Youtube was lame.

Best chance at fakery - the early shows when Brian was on. Some of the alleged incidents I wonder if Brian pulled them. He seems okay on the International Ghost Hunters ...but the early shows he could have screwed with.

Originally posted by TV_Nation
If you just recorded an EVP and wanted to play it back how long would it take to skip back 1 min into the audio?

My EVP recorder can hold 50 EVPs in files. It could easily take a minute or so to go through to get to the last EVP I recorded.

So why did it take him like 5 minutes to get to the EVP recording?

It wasn't five minutes. You are impatient. I'd put it at 20 seconds or so.

Some of Ghost Hunters could be faked, but that video doesn't prove it.
Not at all.

[edit on 3/8/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I respect your outlook on the vids some of it is pretty lame, I can admit that but the jacket tug and the way they tried to get that guest to quit talking about the EVP by cutting him off quickly and making up the footstep story didn't sit right with me.

I agree Brian was such an annoyance he heard noises every two seconds and was always forgetting important equipment. Grant is starting to remind me a lot like Brian because he seems to be the only one who constantly has things happening to him.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Maybe they recognized that the "guest" was trying to be a part of a discovery by saying that on his own, without realizing or understanding really what he was doing. Kind of like “I heard it too!” when he really didn’t and instead of telling him “ah no you didn’t” they played it off.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
These are shows which may be true or false. No video cn prove it fake or true, only there team knws it !

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I watched them all the time their first couple seasons, I knew one of the people who's house they investigated (the one way back that was all decorated for halloween all the time, and they couldn't find anything, since half of what they found, was plastic skeletons hanging up)

the first season or two I think they honestly tried serious investigations, but 2 seasons of mostly debunking or having very little happen, it's not too unbeleivable they'd start making their own evidence, how long would Scifi keep them on the air if all they do is point out the wierd light in a video is a moth? it's TV, if you expect serious investigation out of a TV series, best of luck.

and there's been online discussions since the first series about wether Grant stages some of it or not.

I'd still rather watch Ghosthunters instead of that otherone with the over the top scottish 'phsycic', least TAPS aren't hammy actors

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Noo. Why'd you ruin this for me?
I don't believe it! ; ;

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gren
I watched them all the time their first couple seasons, I knew one of the people who's house they investigated (the one way back that was all decorated for halloween all the time, and they couldn't find anything, since half of what they found, was plastic skeletons hanging up)

the first season or two I think they honestly tried serious investigations, but 2 seasons of mostly debunking or having very little happen, it's not too unbeleivable they'd start making their own evidence, how long would Scifi keep them on the air if all they do is point out the wierd light in a video is a moth? it's TV, if you expect serious investigation out of a TV series, best of luck.

and there's been online discussions since the first series about wether Grant stages some of it or not.

I'd still rather watch Ghosthunters instead of that otherone with the over the top scottish 'phsycic', least TAPS aren't hammy actors

Star for you!

I agree. Why oh why would a serious and dedicated paranormal group, who had existed way before the show's inception, deliberately go out to fake stuff? I think the first 2 seasons were TAPS at their best, but as you said, how many episodes of the team debunking everything will keep the viewing figures up? I think thats when Sci-Fi stepped in and upped the anti, purely to keep the demographic and the figures up. Seems strange how all of a sudden there is stuff happening nearly every week. It seems to have become the US' brother to Most Haunted now, where you can guarantee the team will get results every time.

I picked up the book that they published, and read it cover to cover. It's a light read, and quite entertaining (even the hokey photographs in there). The book tells you about the cases featured in those first two seasons. Why haven't they released another one? they have plenty more seasons worth of material to pick from? or has Sci-Fi channel stepped in and put a freeze on it?

I have to say, in the later episodes, it seems that Jason is really not too comfortable, generally. Maybe he's realized that the Paranormal group he and Grant started as a legit 'business' has spiralled into a monster they not longer recognise nor can control. I think the best thing they could do is step down from sci-fi and return to what the group was originally put together for. I think that would start them on the path of good graces.

Its sad really, I like Jason and Grant for the most part, and thought their approach to the field was refreshing. Now, when I see their lectures, or weekend breaks for huge amounts of money, and the amount of TAPS merchandise that you can buy, well, you have to wonder whether getting that step closer to the truth is still the agenda, or a step closer to the bank.

Sorry, I'm rambling now!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Genus_Unknown

You weren't rambling! I was enjoying your posts

I too have noticed Jays discontent. He's always seemed a bit cranky tho but agreed, I wonder if Jay and Grant both are freaking out how big this has gotten and away from their own personal control.

Woohoo, new episode tonight. I'll be paying attention to the credits and see if they are still producing or if that too has been taken from them. If it has, I'd say that would support a lot of the comments in this thread about the validity of more recent seasons.

I own all the seasons including 'Best of Ghost Hunters.' All in all they haven't captured an excessive amount of evidence. A lack of evidence, for me, suggest they are not faking. Either way, I enjoy the show. It's better then a lot of other mindless crap on tv today. A friend of mind doesn't even own a TV, I'm not that strong lol

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
doesn't scifi stand for science fiction?

I say if you don't fully trust these experiments or investigations, if you really want to know yourself it's easy enough to do the work.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odins Advocate
doesn't scifi stand for science fiction?

I say if you don't fully trust these experiments or investigations, if you really want to know yourself it's easy enough to do the work.

Indeed it does. Having said that, Most Haunted is on the Travel Channel (over here). So what does that mean??

Being a part of a paranormal investigation team, it's not as easy as you might think to 'do the work', especially with a family and a full time job. I see what you're saying though, with it being a 'reality' show on a channel touting itself as 'Sci-Fi'. The thing is, when you have a group of people who have created a service, like in the case of The Atlantic Paranormal Society, who were around way before the TV show, what are we to think?

I still say it's been taken from their control, and they are puppets now.

Just as a side note, I think the reason it's on Sci-fi was because they (the channel) wanted it. I'm not sure Jason and Grant approached them in the first instance.

A further side note, I thought this was amusing, taken from Pilgrim Films & Television about Ghost Hunters:

This one-hour weekly docu-soap follows a group of real-life paranormal researchers as they investigate hauntings throughout the country. TAPS, The Atlantic Paranormal Society, is a group of fairly ordinary people - office managers, factory workers, teachers and even psychic-hotline gurus - moonlighting to understand seemingly unexplainable disturbances.Ghost Hunters

Source: Clicky

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Yes hoaxes have happened. They have been debunked on the show. The true question IMO is who does the hoaxing. Is it TAPS a group that was around before the show who have an established reputation. Or the sci-fi channel.

Personally mainstream views the paranormal as an out there idea anyway. So I wouldn't want to take a chance with my reputation just for ratings.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
They are hoxing...but the program is still boring!!! The whole cast has the personality of a speed bump

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by clevengercm

I rather enjoy Steve and Tango's banter.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by LysCat]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I love Ghost Hunters. And especially Paranormal State. Hope there not selling out by faking. That would ruin it.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I like Ghosthunters, and generally watch it if I can catch it on. Its on hulu as well, and since I don't own a DVR yet, I watch it there when I can. I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan but I find it entertaining.
For me, I dont think With shows on Sci Fi channel, or any other channel barring Discovery, Science, NatGeo, or History channel need to prove themselves.
If they put themselves out there as real, it basically means its Reality Television, yeah?

First off, I watched the Youtube vids and much like the UFO society, you cant lend a lot of credence to the source.

With Ghosthunters, yeah I would like to think its real, but I know that when they put the show into syndication, they had to meet with a guy who said "What do we do on the weeks that you simply don't find anything?" Which, as a Ghosthunter, I would imagine has to be the case. So something had to be given to make a compromise, and I think it was the crew working with them Could be ordered when the cameras were off that this would be a "hot" show, IE, not one where they wouldnt find any proof, but would catch "something" a voice, footsteps, shadows, etc. I would also guess that they probably do this on a tier level, say 1 through 5. Example: "We need this show to be a tier 3, so we will be instituting footsteps, shadows, etc."
I hope that makes sense, but its just my theory.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Of course its fake. I knew it was fake from the first episode. Ive never seen any ghost investigation get so much activity than these guys get. Coincidence? I dont think so. Its all rigged. Their EVPs are faked, their EMF meters are rigged, their flashlight that turns on and off by itself? Cmon now. RIGGED! I watced and episode where they were talking to a female ghost, and kept getting a knocking sound for yes or no. The ghost was quite responsive. Are you kidding? How hard would it be for someone to knock on a wall off camera? ITs all FAAAAKKKEEE! If the show was real, then there shouldnt be so much activity. Guess what? If the show had episodes that had no activity, then NO ONE WOULD WATCH IT! So what else is there to do to keep people to watch it? FAKE IT!

posted on Oct, 2 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Do we really need a thread about this?

I knew it was fake the first moment I heard about it. Everything on TV is fake and false and to believe otherwise is stupid. Even if there is real content on TV it doesn't matter because of all the bull-crud. And the show isn't just fake or what not, it's horrible; how much does your brain actually produce more cells while watching it? None. If anything it destroys them. If only people would spend the time they use to watch TV to go out and hunt themselves....le sigh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join