It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi is fake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Mrwupy I believed you nailed it right on the head. Did you notice that more "things" started to happen tho to Grant after Brian left. Brian for those who don't know are remember is the one who always saw or felt something and pissed every one off. Oh well someone had to take his place.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I always thought it was to over dramatized to be real.
Like they were making it all happen.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

I was not sorry to see Brian go either. That guy was more annoying than chewing on aluminum foil.

I'm glad to hear the new season is about to start up though, I just won't really believe until something picks Grant up and slams his butt against a far wall or tosses him off the top of a light house

Not THAT would be something to believe in.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
reply to post by Ant4AU

I was not sorry to see Brian go either. That guy was more annoying than chewing on aluminum foil.

Yeah, I couldnt stand that guy either

He was lazy and practically useless, and I dont think the other guys really liked him not that much anyway

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
O.k. so I am an avid Ghost Hunters fan and I believe most of the findings in the show but some things are a little sketchy and when I saw the shadow vid. I remember thinking that was a mistake in the findings. I think when you are looking for something paranormal sometimes you will find something whether it is or not because you want to. People make mistakes. There are plenty of other occurances on the show that I find real.

As far as the live show on Halloween. I was pissed off that night as well it seemed hoaxed as it was happening. I think the crew was probably all forced to participate for ratings sake... and frankly, that's shi@#!.

You are a believer if you have had an experience yourself, period. Noone can convince you unless you have had an undeniable experience personally. I know there are unexplained phenomena because of experience.

Now that said, people will play games and tricks for three reasons:

1) the attention or fame

2) to disprove other people because they truly don't believe and want to falsify others so-called experience

3) or just plain for fun

I think that Ghost Hunters and GHI started out as documenting true occurances and to keep up the act have now falsified "findings" in keeping their attention or fame.

I will keep watching the shows because I'm a believer but when I can see that I am being duped I will say it. I don't think every episode is a hoax but I will never watch their live show again because of last October.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
reply to post by Ant4AU

I just won't really believe until something picks Grant up and slams his butt against a far wall or tosses him off the top of a light house

Not THAT would be something to believe in.

I agree, not that I wish for any harm to come to anyone, but his antics have gone on long enough, I really like it when he says something and J just looks at him like he is an idiot. That makes it worth watching for me.

Their IMHO will never be absolute proof , GH will not give us any and unfortunately fakes will happen and what ever is caught will be considered staged but it’s an interesting show to watch and they can teach you a lot about different tools and theories on the paranormal. Gets a
from me and waiting for Grant to have an “accident” :shk:

I can't even whatch GHInternational because of
Brian OZweatherman.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Brian isn't on GHI anymore. While he was annoying - I found him to be slightly entertaining.

Awww, you guys are hating on Grant. You're allowed your opinon.
I am going to get sooo flamed for my next comment but, here goes:

If you watch GH with any regularity you'll hear mention of this mysterious encounter Grant had that got him interested in Ghost Hunting. He never discusses it ::grumble:: I think perhaps some entities are attracted to Grant because, at least for me, he seems to be the most spiritual of the bunch. ::hides::

I've never seen a ghost but do believe in residual hauntings and find the intelligent hauntings intriguing. I will, however, concede one particular curiosity about Grant.....I always found it suspect that lamp moving was so close to him. He could have been pulling on the cord - notice they never showed where the cord was. Also, that amazing footage of the chair moving in the attic - again Grant and something didn't feel right with that...

Hopefully, with those concessions you won't be too hard on me.
I have a critical mind and most definatly don't believe something just because I saw it on tv!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

J was suppose to have an experience also and to my knowledge it hasn't been disclosed either.It's not that I dislike Grant it's just a lot of things seem to focus on him. He could just be a magnet or be involved not so paranormal occurrences that happen.

No flames from me we each have are favorites for different reasons. Personally while often hilarious, I could do without Steve and Davids bets. But alas it's television and something has to bring the ratings in or its goodbye time. I Will enjoy it until it has completely been taken over by the producers. Then I will
because there is no other paranormal show worth watching.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Well, I'm a fan of the show, but I'm not prepared to say one way or the other how much it's faked. My inclination is to say it isn't faked, but that doesn't mean I think what they're catching are the disembodied spirits of the departed.

Just in case you missed it, thelibra had an opportunity to interview Steve Gonsalves for a pod cast about a year and a half ago.

I view the show as entertainment. If they had "proof positive", that would be some very big news.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

That was uncall for, I agree with Flyers as she is a long standing member and her honesty is more trusthworthy than the links you posted.

I like the show, has been watching the show since day one and if that makes a "fan boi" I wonder what agenda you have.

Still good luck with your links I am sure they are very "amusing"

[edit on 7-3-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
People have known for a long time if grant is in the middle of something weird going on it's faked.

I also know the sci-fi channel will do anything for ratings doesn't matter what so I would put most the blame on the sci-fi channel itself. Originally I'm sure they believed the show wouldn't last but tried it out anyway and when people actually enjoyed it they just decided to boost the action up to increase ratings. I highly doubt the team (other than grant) pry even knows what the sci-fi channel is really like when it comes to things like this.

I would put money down that grant was behind the bed spread incident on that ship or sub which ever it was.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think Ghost hunters is a lot more entertaining than Most Haunted Talk about a joke check this out if you haven't seen it.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I personally have watched many episodes of ghost hunters, including the live episode that has caused so much controversy. I enjoy the show usually, but take it as what it is, entertainment. If you choose to believe everything on there is real, well, that is your option.

The OP posted that there are many videos debunking many things on ghost hunters, but here is one that is very convincing (to me at least). Now, if they faked this, who knows what else they faked? That's the problem, anything else that they come forward with as "evidence" will not be taken seriously because of what they have done to their credibility.

I still do watch the show on occasion though

I can't seem to get the embed to work, so you can watch the vid here:

www.youtube.com...\

*EDIT*

Hahaha!! I just watched that vid after I posted this Slayer...awesome, thanks for that video, quite entertaining. I especially enjoyed the parts where after he said mary loves dick multiple times, he said richard so people wouldn't get confused. I also enjoyed the part quite a bit at about 1:08 when the woman in the clip is trying so hard not to laugh...awesome

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Pimpish]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

Here you go pish

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

Thanks

Oops, didn't mean to post a one liner!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Pimpish]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimpish

No problem Pish. Hey slayer do you think she is covering her mouth out of shock are trying not to laugh. That was hilarious.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

It looked like she was trying not to laugh to me, and I would have to disagree with the less entertaining part (at least with that clip) as I was cracking up the entire time. Maybe a different type of entertainment, more like comedy, but still entertaining nonetheless!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Actually I enjoy watching both those shows I will have to admit some of the stuff they both capture is pretty convincing to me.

Google Video Link

[edit on 7-3-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Can't say for certain whether they are faking SOME things or not, but G/H and ALL the paranormal shows are easily my favorite shows, as many of the things that I see on the show I have experienced directly, and I love the locales these shows hit.

And I agree with the comment about Ghost adventures---Love em or hate em, they are EASILY the most entertaining paranormal-themed show out there. And that was reflective of their first season---The fan base grew so rapidly that the travel channel signed them to 26 more episodes for season 2!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not sure how convincing any of that evidence is in light of the fact that they have definitely faked stuff before. Interestingly enough, the blanket incident once again involves Grant...hmmm

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join