It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi is fake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
To start things off I was a long time ghost hunters fan for the shows first few season. It was one of the only shows I would watch other than some things on Discovery and the History channel.

But then I came across some videos that showed what the TAPS team really was, a group of hoaxers.

I believe that the TAPS team was originally honest about their findings but as the season went on their "evidence" was not enough so they started the Hoaxes.

Here are some videos that show the TAPS team in action making terrible credibility mistakes. If you want to continue thinking this show is real then don't watch.

This video was produced by a paranormal investigator who had enough of TAP's lies.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a video of the same person who made the above video shutting down Grant and Jays responses to his video. They basically try to cover their track and don't do a very good job of it.

www.youtube.com...

Here is a video of TAPS giving their evidence to a women.

www.youtube.com...

and here is the footage being debunked.

www.youtube.com...

This is only a small portion of the videos that have been debunked. If you search youtube you can find more.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I knew it was a load of sh1te the first episode i saw, really dumb program, all about the ratings.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkitzoFrenic
I knew it was a load of sh1te the first episode i saw, really dumb program, all about the ratings.

Ya but some people refuse to believe that it's fake. Did you know last year Ghost Hunters had higher ratings than South Park! It's pretty crazy that people can't see it's fake now that they have stepped up the crazy encounters, and do far less real investigating.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
That was not convincing at all.

The person who put that YOUTUBE together failed to show Ghost Hunters is a hoax. He/she put clips together of the group getting in place for certain shots for the live camera. He showed Grant and Jay talking together, like normal people do. Getting set for shots. Looking through their EVPs. etc etc.

There is no smoking gun here. No evidence.

Anyone who thinks this proves Ghost Hunters is fake is just seeing what they want to see.

That was just garbage. Sorry.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
eh! i'd rather watch "Ghost Adventures" anyways. thats entertainment.
fake or not, i like it.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The person who put that YOUTUBE together failed to show Ghost Hunters is a hoax. He/she put clips together of the group getting in place for certain shots for the live camera. He showed Grant and Jay talking together, like normal people do. Getting set for shots. Looking through their EVPs. etc etc.

Anyone who thinks this proves Ghost Hunters is fake is just seeing what they want to see.

I can tell you didn't bother to watch the videos all the way through and the video where they say they caught the entity on film is obviously the statue sitting on the table right in front of where they are filming.

And when the guy said he could hear the EVP in his earpiece? How can that happen when it on the recorder? It was obviously a sound clip. You are probably a fan boi who refuses to believe it's fake but thats ok. Ill dig up more videos of their shoddy hoaxes if you want.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Here is a 3D simulation that pretty much proves that the jacket tug was total BS.

www.youtube.com...

I mean keep believing if you want I wont mind.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-3-2009 by TV_Nation]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Why dont you go and pick on a show like the ones with Derek Accorah and other crap psychics.

I think ghost hunters is great, fisrt they try to disprove the paranormal activity, which is a first out of any ghost hunting reality show ever.

Half the time they get no evidence anyway, which again, is another first

And did you see the episode on the QE2 (I think), where they actually filmed something pulling back the covers of a bed, and then debunked it after they realised someone had played with their equipment?

These are not the actions of someone faking something

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I agree that what they did in the first few seasons seemed legit. I started watching the show back in 05 i think it was. As the seasons have gone on things have taken a turn in the wrong direction.

I think these guys had the best intentions when they started but now it's not about investigating it's about keeping their show and cash cow on the air.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Let me ask you something... If you just recorded an EVP and wanted to play it back how long would it take to skip back 1 min into the audio? Let me see about 10 seconds if you have half a brain. So why did it take him like 5 minutes to get to the EVP recording? And when he couldnt find the clip the recording device mysteriously ran out of batteries... haha give me a break.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Some of the locations on the show seemed interesting and makes me want to visit and do my own investigation work, but on the show they never really show anything its just a bunch of people screaming with a shaking camera. They did make an appearence at my supervisors house and did the investigation work but they turned up with nada.

my boss claims a ghost of an old school teacher is in her house, since it used to be an old school house with an odd basement that looked like it used to part of the underground railroad to hide slaves.

But ghost hunters is boring to begin with.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
But then I came across some videos that showed what the TAPS team really was, a group of hoaxers.

Just something you may want to listen to ...
... or maybe not ...

August 20, 2006 Alison Smith - Alison Smith, the founder of Skeptical Analysis of the Paranormal Society (SAPS), an investigative team devoted to re-creating and debunking popular paranormal video footage shown on television, debunks “Ghost Hunters” — a Sci-Fi Network TV show by one of the most famous paranormal investigation groups in the world (TAPS — The Atlantic Paranormal Society). Smith is a licensed private investigator, armed security officer, and is also a psychology major at the University of Texas at Arlington. Alison recently had an article published on Skeptic.com about her work with her team in debunking TAPS evidence. Download Now Alison Smith

1. go to darknessradio.com...
2. Show Archives
3. click on "Season 1 - 2006"
4. choose show: August 20, 2006 Alison Smith
5. Listen - and LISTEN to the host what he says
6. think for yourself

NOTE:
There is no direct link, otherwise I would have given it.

Greetings

[edit on 7-3-2009 by TheWriter]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by VampireZio
But ghost hunters is boring to begin with.

Your comment explains it all. You are saying it is "boring"; in other words, you ask for entertainment.

And when you guys get entertainment, you complain that it is fake.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I'm actually a fan of Ghost Hunters.
I enjoy the show.
I've seen most of the episodes.

I am very confident that many of the things we've seen on Ghost Hunters are fake. The coat, the moving sheet, the moving lamp and others. Most of those are centered around Grant by the way.
Some of the things they've captured are clearly fakes by 3rd parties.

Some of the evidence that has been shown is not obviously fake. Some of it is pretty compelling. Even if there are ultimately explanations for this evidence, it is interesting. That is really what it is for, interest and curiosity.

It is an entertainment show and using it as a basis for something other than this is obviously irresponsible.

By the same token, using it as a serious subject for debunking or proving issues is just as superficial.

Just enjoy the show, or watch another enetrtainment venue filled with fluff,lies and distortions that we can't take seriously.

CNN perhaps?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I am a big fan of Ghost Hunters and can't wait for next week when the new episodes start. But to an extent I would agree that some trickery is going on. Whether or not it's the Taps team or the networks ideas there are a few things that are not explained away that could have been IMHO.

It is still a show generating money, so to say that some BS is going on is not a huge assumption, but the question remains is it the TAPS team or their producers doing it.

All in all I think the Taps team is as legitimate as they can be and are pressured into things by the producers, but who knows I could be wrong and it is just as fake as anything else.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ant4AU
All in all I think the Taps team is as legitimate as they can be and are pressured into things by the producers, but who knows I could be wrong and it is just as fake as anything else.

I have never seen TAPS, only on Internet for maybe 10 minutes.
The link I posted above, in this podcast it was talked about that TAPS does not agree with all these things that are added into the show. However, it is entertainment in the first place.

You should listen to that podcast.

Greetings

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Doesn't this thread belong in BTS?

I, for one, enjoy the show. I appreciate GH for educating the masses on ways they can go about trying to capture and debunk ghost sightings. If it wasn't for this show, a lot of people wouldn't understand EVP or understand how EMFs can effect their bodies, minds, and reasoning.

Ghost Hunters contributes to society by enlightening people - educating them that 95% of what people think are ghosts have a logical explaination. Perhaps with this education people won't jump to the illogical conclusions first but attempt to examine what they saw or felt with a skeptical eye. At the very least, maybe people won't be so afriad of their own basements.

I met Steve a few years ago at a RPG convention here in Indy. While not my favorite of the TAPS memebers, he seemed to be a guy of integrity. We talked a lot of tech, my husband had just bought me a digital voice recorder for Mothers Day. (Sweet huh?) I also got to meet Jamie Bamber and Richard Hatch from BSG - that was so awesome. Jamie is really a small guy - and has an Irish accent. Hatch held my daughter and we got a family pic
Being a huge Xena fan (my house is decorated with set props lol) , I was totally hyped to meet Kevin Sorbo. I was at fist complimented then put off by his behavior - the entire time I was speaking to him he blatently stared at my chest. Then during the photo op he actually grabbed my ass. I'm sure he has women fawning over him all the time and I was SO not acting like that - he's not my type. Now, had that been Grant - I would have passed out lol Now there's a hot guy! I'm such a nerd

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Whether real or fake I always disliked the way they went about things. "We pretty much debunked this one, like all the others." "It's 10pm, time to wrap up!"
That's it, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Not my cup of tea I suppose.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ghost Hunters could be fake, but these videos don't prove it. The maker of those first two videos is doing nothing but making assumptions. He seems disgruntled and jealous. He said something like "you guys sound like a teenage girl." (Can't remember the exact phrasing) I found that part hilarious, because he seemed like an upset teenage girl himself. He sounded like somebody who's been hurt in a relationship.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'm a fan of the show and have watched for years. I believe Jason is honest and trying to find the truth. I also believe Grant will fake stuff in a heart beat.

It's still fun to watch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join