It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey... NASA More UFOs!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Is there any sort of space webcam setup anywhere? Probably a silly question really, but thought i'd ask anyways. Would be amazing if there is such a camera setup in space that anyone can view.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

I don't think there exists such a cam, as NASA controls all transmissions to and from space, it would be nice though
NASA does scrub all images that the public are able to see, when something of question comes into the shot they simply move the focus or use their famous "blur" blacking out the object(s)

[edit on 7-3-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Brought to you by Jaime Maussan...again.
Mister birds, balloons (including flying horses), and hoaxes. One of the men who is singlehandedly contributing to making ufology a laughing stock.

www.ufowatchdog.com...
uforeflections.blogspot.com...
www.eyepod.org...

I'm with you, I didn't see anything other than debris and birds. Amazing how much can be made up out of nothing. As if...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

Of course.... using OR as a crutch and dismissing these objects so easy, with no evidence to support.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I guess NASA will now be installing a new plug-in for their video editing software. It will be called "Maussian Blur"! j/k Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The turkey buzzards shown (like their stork counterparts) dutifully deliver bundles of joy in the form of whiskey (of a sort that bears part of their name) to bachelor parties everywhere. Again, my apologies for the pitiful attempt at humor here.

Seriously, I'm glad that Phage, Saviour and others are skeptical. I am grateful for such people with a healthy sense of skepticism (and even back it up with some research) who try to rule out all other explanations in situations like this.

Of course we can't just buy into it 100% just like that, regardless of the source. Right? As tantalizing as some of these clips seem, a good ufologist's motto should always be "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence". How high on the extraordinary scale do these particular video clips measure for you in this case?

Perhaps an additional source could be found of the same, unedited archive footage from NASA broadcasts (highest resolution possible). Then, some video experts could get in there and make their assessments of what these shots might, or might not, truly be. Does such a source of pristine NASA video archive footage exist? Are the clips we are seeing mysterious enough to warrant such an investigation? Just thinking out loud here...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by synchro

Well these clips measure up high for me, as for others I would think not it's just to easy for them to rule these out as birds or lens flare, I appreciate the skeptics but in this case we have NASA footage that shows questionable objects, which are common in shuttle missions yet they still refuse to credit them as at least unexplained. I give them an A for effort and encouraging others to jump on the bandwagon, good dis agents? I dunno.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I can't believe it : ice particles again , noooo , hey guys find some new explanations , maybe carrots , space particles and ice debris , pieces of metal , flying pigs , but stop with space debris and ice particles it's becoming really boring.
Please stop ice particles and space debris experts NOW!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Jabbah]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lee_K
Is there any sort of space webcam setup anywhere? Probably a silly question really, but thought i'd ask anyways. Would be amazing if there is such a camera setup in space that anyone can view.

Are you kidding? There is no way No Anomaly Seen Alright would EVER allow a public controlled camera up there.

And even if they did have one, would you trust it to be set up by No Anomalies Seen Anyway to actually show what is up there?

For all we know, they would have the page display picture segments of a good artist rendering.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exopolitico
Let's not forget how during Apollo they had two feeds being broadcast (secret frequencies) to two locations on Earth: one in Camberra, Australia and the other one in California. What we saw (Armstrong stepping out, etc.,) was a picture of a television. In other words, there was a camera filming what was being displayed on a TV. That is why it was so blurry.

So yes, NASA likes to blur, smudge, obfuscate, hide, [keep adding here], etc.

Uh, no. The NASA Apollo downlink frequencies were all known, and monitored by real amateurs (Richard Flagg, for example, and others at ARRL) who heard the same stuff as the 'released' official version. The down-the-ladder scene was transmitted from one TV standard to another by having a TV camera watching the screen of the other system (computers weren't fast enough for real-time re-formating), but the 16-mm of the ladder descent from a camera in the LM window are as crisp as you could want -- just not viewable until the camera was brought back to Earth.

Try to get the 'real' space history right.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Some of the clips in the video are definately lens reflections, the "object" fades in and out in time with the movement of the camera/shuttle and even changes shape.

Holy ice particle waste dump Batman....

.. I would not believe it if I had not seen it with my own eyes..no wait let me check this with a long winded rittle rattle analysis...................
......................processing.......................................please wait..........
.......................................50%...............................almost there........
..............................please wait.............................100%

Yep, confirmed. He actually posted in another Alien/UFO thread!!!

Wow, this is an historical event, worthy of saving the page!!!

Welcome to a different subject on UFO's Jim.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
NASA does scrub all images that the public are able to see, when something of question comes into the shot they simply move the focus or use their famous "blur" blacking out the object(s)

This is widely believed, but as far as I can tell, there's no evidence of this. If it were true, why keep seeing all these videos on youtube?

When I worked in Mission Control on various missions starting from STS-1 (and including STS-48), as far as I could tell, what we saw in the 'front room' was what the public got too -- except for DoD missions, that involved payloads of 'SECRET'-level classification. But those missions ended in the early 1990's.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
There is no way No Anomaly Seen Alright would EVER allow a public controlled camera up there.

Not by Dennis Tito, or Anousheh Ansari, or Richard Garriott, or Mark Shuttleworth -- or by Russians, or Belgians, or Japanese? How far does this invisible-cover-up arm reach, do you think?

The theory explains a lot. Too much, in fact -- enough reason to be wary of it.

There's a camera called EarthCAM controlled by High School classes. Does that count?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
The down-the-ladder scene was transmitted from one TV standard to another by having a TV camera watching the screen of the other system (computers weren't fast enough for real-time re-formating), but the 16-mm of the ladder descent from a camera in the LM window are as crisp as you could want -- just not viewable until the camera was brought back to Earth.

Wrong!

As a 25 year television broadcast engineer, I can assure you there were standards converters readily available in 69 that could take a 10 fps video signal and convert that to 525 30fps directly.

Try to get the technical history right.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
There is no way No Anomaly Seen Alright would EVER allow a public controlled camera up there.

Not by Dennis Tito, or Anousheh Ansari, or Richard Garriott, or Mark Shuttleworth -- or by Russians, or Belgians, or Japanese? How far does this invisible-cover-up arm reach, do you think?

The theory explains a lot. Too much, in fact -- enough reason to be wary of it.

Having a "middle man" in between you and the camera hardly constitutes a 'public" accessable/controllable camera.

There's a camera called EarthCAM controlled by High School classes. Does that count?

Ya, if the thing looked out into space and not down at Earth.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Concerning the questions over the identity of the flashing drifter in the Mausson video, do I presume correctly that these much higher resolution images of it have never been seen on UFO sites? I wonder why Mausson left them off his video?

Story on a spaceflight site:
images.google.com...://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts124/080613fd14/object.jpg&imgrefurl=http://spaceflightnow.com/shuttle/sts1 24/080613fd14/index3.html&usg=__XWhj8rrJ3dO4glv5S10eGNv0E5k=&h=299&w=398&sz=9&hl=en&start=7&tbnid=zV8vNFBi10tkQM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3D STS-124%2BNASA%2Bthermal%2Bclip%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

Raw video (lo-res) image of flashing drifter
spaceflightnow.com...

Hand-held digital camera views of the object post-release
www.nasaspaceflight.com...

clips on the vehicle and object pre-launch
forum.nasaspaceflight.com...

hi-res comparison of released object and suggested actual piece:
a52.g.akamaitech.net...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Sorry you got disappointed. Unfortunately, his reputation precedes him. What I said about his demands during my earlier post is true and verifiable. Unfortunately, there was one UFO-topic torch in Mexico without anyone holding it and he ran with it.

However, that may not be the case for long...wink wink.

Nonetheless, like Majorion and others have stated, I don't think he altered the footage. Also, there are other videos that are more compelling that this one. He just got what he thought was one that hadn't been seen that often.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by Exopolitico]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
DUPLICATE POST. MOD PLEASE DELETE.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Uh, no. The NASA Apollo downlink frequencies were all known, and monitored by real amateurs (Richard Flagg, for example, and others at ARRL) who heard the same stuff as the 'released' official version. The down-the-ladder scene was transmitted from one TV standard to another by having a TV camera watching the screen of the other system (computers weren't fast enough for real-time re-formating), but the 16-mm of the ladder descent from a camera in the LM window are as crisp as you could want -- just not viewable until the camera was brought back to Earth.

You have got to be kidding me! You, more or less, repeated what I said. By the way, what I am stating above I personally discussed and confirmed with Dr. Edgar Mitchell. Now, do I listen to you, or do I listen to a man who "walked" on the Moon? If what I'm saying above is not accurate, perhaps Dr. Mitchell is becoming senile.

Read what I said. My intent was to show how the picture quality (regular citizens) saw was blurry for that reason.

JimOberg, I'm starting to detect your patterns of disinformation, ridicule and obfuscation. It's not working for others, and it certainly will not work with me.

By the way, you seem to know so much about NASA. Please answer the following question. What happened to the 700 boxes of Apollo footage? There is record that it was transferred from location A to XYZ.

1. Someone doesn't want us to know what's on the footage.
2. There was no footage.

Oh, and Clementine? What happened to 90% of the images taken? We only got to see 10%. Can you answer this?

I have asked this question on threads where you have been present and you seem to selectively ignore them. Why?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Brought to you by Jaime Maussan...again.
Mister birds, balloons (including flying horses), and hoaxes. One of the men who is singlehandedly contributing to making ufology a laughing stock.

www.ufowatchdog.com...
uforeflections.blogspot.com...
www.eyepod.org...

Im trying to find reference for the hoaxes Jaime is responsible for. Could you give me some direct on that?

It is important to document such, otherwise it is a Hoax Hoax. We need evidence that this is true. Cases times and dates, videos, anything.

This is not a challenge, really. I need to get some specific events to look at. As far as I know he has been forthright and hard to fool. Did you see the episode of UFO Hunters a few months ago? They tried to fool him and failed.

I've always had the impression he was honest. Sure a media guy, but never compromised his integrity to my knowledge. Like a George Knapp really. Up and Up guy. I have buddies who know him well. I'll check out your reference for any events you suggest.

Thanks,

ZG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

According to this, the converters were purpose designed and built.

Three black-and-white scan converter units have been designed and built for the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) for use in the Manned Space Flight Network...A fourth unit is being built, in order that deep-space signals can also be recieved at Canberra, Australia.

history.nasa.gov...
(Presented April 24, 1969, at the Society's Technical Conference in Miami Beach)

For Apollo 11, an RCA scan-converter was used, which operated on an optical conversion principle. The pictures were displayed on a 10-inch black-and-white monitor and a Vidicon TK22 camera was pointed at the screen. As each frame of the 10 frames per second picture was received, it was displayed on the monitor. The camera was gated to scan a single field at the EIA (NTSC) rate of 1/60th of a second, that is it did not take a picture until the 10-inch monitor had completed displaying a full frame. The output of the camera was transmitted and simultaneously recorded on magnetic disc. The disc recording was then played back a further five times and transmitted. While the disc recorder was playing back, the monitor screen was blacked out and the next frame started displaying. The monitor had enough persistence that it retained the picture, and RCA built special circuits to adjust for any loss of brightness between the top and bottom of the picture. In this way, a 30 frames per second (60 interlaced fields per second) TV was produced - with only one in six fields being live.
www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au...

[edit on 3/7/2009 by Phage]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join