It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey... NASA More UFOs!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by Exuberant1

I can't wait for the day that people come to this realization on a global scale.

That day has been here for some time... it just takes people in forums a long time to catch up

Plasma Life Forms... google search
Results 1 - 10 of about 10,700,000 for plasma life forms. (0.16 seconds)

NASA knows about them despite JimO's postulating. Its too bad that UFOlogists insist on sticking to the "Alien Spacecraft" theory... otherwise we might actually get somewhere

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I can't wait for the day that people come to this realization on a global scale

Originally posted by zorgon
That day has been here for some time... it just takes people in forums a long time to catch up

And I've been waiting some time for you to bring this up again zorgon!

Here's what I find interesting;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e9b9a76ba2fc9f70.jpg[/atsimg]
Note the credit to NASA

Plasma life forms evolved on these interpenetrating counterpart Earths, just like it did on the visible planet.

Some of these plasma life forms have interacted with us in the past (intentionally or unintentionally).

Most interesting part;

The entities that we have loosely identified as ghosts, angels, demons, deities (for example the Marian apparitions in the atmosphere), aliens (associated with UFO sightings in the atmosphere), fairies and sightings of the recently deceased (on the surface of the Earth) are all exotic plasma life forms from interpenetrating counterpart Earths.

Dark Plasma Theory

[edit on 8/3/09 by Majorion]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPI think that some sceptics may be seen as forcing their opinion,

Yes I do believe you are right in that assumption... and they work hard at is... so hard that is 'appears' to others that they are most likely paid to be here... either that or they don't have a day job

but at least in my case, when I repeat my theories is because I think the other person is not understanding it or is simply disregarding it, so I try to make them see that other possibilities are really that, possibilities.

Yes you are one of my favorite skeptics... at least you work very hard to attempt to prove your side rather than just make arguments and cry "burden of proof" but as you said above..

so I try to make them see
I will give you the benefit of the doubt that English not being your first language may have influenced that remark... but surely after all the years and hours posting in English you must see how that remark comes across in light of what you just posted?

As an off-topic PS, I would like to say that I have noticed that there is a new way of posting on a new thread about UFOs, that is just making remarks about the "debunkers" that are going to appear on the thread. It may not be the idea behind those posts, but it may prevent some members (specially new members) from posting.

But it IS the idea behind these posts. It has become the routine here at ATS that as soon as you post ANY topic for discussion there will be an immediate within the first page 'pouncing' of the resident hoard of 'debunkers' In the case of the Lunar Orbiter tape thread that were found at the abandoned McDonald's I had a barage of these people crying BS etc, and yet that story was real... In the end I had one skeptic apologize to me via U2U and withdraw but there was no apology and retraction in the thread.

When they realized that it was indeed a true story did any of them step up and say "oops we were wrong, sorry about that" ? No they just quietly slipped out the door

Just like the attack here against the presenter it is becoming more and more prevalent to simply charge in and debunk or attack the poster than to just discuss the material...

The end result is people like myself say "What's the point?" and as you say new posters stay out of it because they see the bashing so they say "What's the point" and ATS gets a reputation of being debunker central. Perhaps this is the goal of certain debunkers... to drive away anyone who wants to present 'out there' ideas...

Well its working

[edit on 8-3-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by free_spirit

It looks like you forgot about perspective, and knowing that a turkey vulture can
have a 6 feet wing span, it is not needed for one of those birds to be much closer to
the camera to look that size.

And here is a better version of that video.

Also, in this
photo
, there are some more of those birds flying around, as usual.

It's all about perpective dear friend. If you analyze the NTSC 720 X 486 footage or
better the HD 1280 X 720 version you will get the perspective you mean to realize
this object was in fact behind the shuttle, clear and simple. But you must have the
required size and resolution not the Internet compressed and distorted copy if you
know what I mean. First they said a bird, then an insect, a hummingbird etc. Now
you suggest a turkey vulture? C'mon man we are not that naive.

It's funny how they change postures every time, it seems the pelicanists are confused.

About those links you posted, the first one you call a better version of the video?
You got to be kidding me, this is a 276 X 215 compressed and resized copy from
the original transmission wich results in an extremely low resolution video with
small degraded images, you can't even distinguish the object in question. Once
again watch the footage in it's original size at least and make up your mind.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
First they said a bird, then an insect, a hummingbird etc. Now
you suggest a turkey vulture? C'mon man we are not that naive.

It's funny how they change postures every time, it seems the pelicanists are confused.

"They" are each different people, each with their own idea. I don't see anyone saying, "It's a vulture, no it's an insect, no it's a hummingbird". See, many sceptics have their own ideas, they don't toe a line and they don't always agree.

About those links you posted, the first one you call a better version of the video?
You got to be kidding me...

Note that there are a number of buzzards (or UFO's if you wish) visible in the video that ArMap linked. I wonder why Maussan didn't provide the footage with the multiple UFO's?

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

While it may be understood at the scientific level, the average person is completely oblivious to it.
I think that once people actually start to pay attention to this stuff, it will open our collective perspective up to all sorts of great things...

As you said, then we may actually get somewhere.

A LOT of people are of the idea that if there is some sort of extraterrestrial life out there, it is VERY FAR AWAY.
In fact, that isn't the case. I believe that if more people understood this, then the door would be blown wide open, so to speak.

I mean, how often do you see stories in the MSM about plasma lifeforms swarming in space? You can't expect the average person to actually sit down and read scientific journals to figure this stuff out. If their propaganda masters don't tell them, they'll never know.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Maybe cause he don't believe ( Teh majjic wuurd ) that it is the same object/bird/ufo/thing than on the "better one" video.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
so I try to make them see
I will give you the benefit of the doubt that English not being your first language may have influenced that remark... but surely after all the years and hours posting in English you must see how that remark comes across in light of what you just posted?
Maybe not the best choice of words, but when I say that "I try to make them see that there are other possibilities" I am talking about the people that act like some sceptics, denying the possibility that there are other possible explanations.

I have seen that happen with people that think that some aerial phenomena must be from another planet and do not accept any other possibility, like the "critters", or laugh when they ear about other esoteric subjects like ghosts.

Those people act in a way that makes me think of two options, either they are ignoring any other possibilities or they are not understanding my point of view, and that is what I try to make them see, make them see "through my eyes". I may be completely wrong, but not accepting other possibilities is not the best way to study a subject for which there are so many possibilities.

For example, some people say that the objects in the tether video are the same as the objects in the STS-80 video (this video). Whenever I try to say that I think that they are not the same thing, what happens is that I am accused of trying to divert the question, when if fact I try to classify things that I consider different in different categories.

Some time ago, when they showed the video of that ridiculous Discovery Channel trick of letting go some balloons to "catch" Jaime Maussan in an error, an ATS member said that it was exactly the same thing he had seen and filmed; I not thought so and I told him that, that the Discovery Channel video looked like balloons and his video looked like something completely different. He did not saw it that way at first, but after some time he started to see that there were some differences, and when it was shown that it was a trap his case was still unexplained, while if he had insisted in that they were the same his case could become ignored in the future just because of a bad "classification".

Edit to add that I also try to see things from the other people's perspective, that is why I never dismissed any possibility.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
If you analyze the NTSC 720 X 486 footage or better the HD 1280 X 720 version you will get the perspective you mean to realize this object was in fact behind the shuttle, clear and simple.
Too bad I do not have it; could you share it with us, if you have it?

And what object are you talking about, the first does pass behind the shuttle, but there is no way of knowing about the last one, when the shuttle is near the air strip.

First they said a bird, then an insect, a hummingbird etc. Now you suggest a turkey vulture? C'mon man we are not that naive.
I did not said that it was an insect, and as far as I know, a turkey vulture is a bird, unless there is another word to distinguish between small and larger birds.

Yes, a better version than the one in the OP, do you think it's worse?

This is what we can see in the OP's video, before the zooming in.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f793e994f235.png[/atsimg]

And this is from the NASA video.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1ddd2c05219.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Santiago...is that you..remember Leeds 2001! send me a 2U with E mail...cheers

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Opps sorry..I mean you mr. freespirit..is that you Santiago...sorry..its hard, my fellow members to find the man behind the mask, without just asking!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Nice post my friend! I agree, but we must soldier on...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I've got nothing more to say than Phage totally owns this thread. That guy is one reason to come on ATS for, he is an honest guy who tells it like it is. I can't believe the amount of zealots on here blindly praising the pro-UFO corner. It's sad to see that any sort of reasoning on the cynic cause are met with rudeness and insults.

Shame on you guys who attack Phage for reasoning with the reasonable.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Well considering that MSM only passes along the information that the powers that be want them to pass along, it's not so far fetched to be weary of that portion of the "long arm" do an ATS search for media related disinformation and related, you'll see

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

While some people see a 'lifeform' in that picture, to me it looks more like a piece of thin cloth or maybe plastic film. I'm sure someone who knows more about the space shuttle than I do would know if such an object would be carried on board and possibly lost.

With regards to increasingly polarised views on this thread I have to say that, although ordinarily I am firmly in the pro ETH camp, in this instance it is the so called 'sceptics' who are coming across as being the reasonable ones.

Unfortunately, those who decry people for simply offering alternative explanations do ufology no favours. The general perception of the subject of ufos being primarily the province of 'crazies' is not lessened when people jump on every video of an object floating in space as evidence of an alien civilisation. Yes the objects on this video are 'unknown' but there is absolutely zero evidence that they are anomalous.

The more that videos like this one are promoted, the greater the risk of a truly important piece of evidence being overlooked, as people will continue to treat the entire subject as a joke.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK
I've got nothing more to say than Phage totally owns this thread. That guy is one reason to come on ATS for, he is an honest guy who tells it like it is. I can't believe the amount of zealots on here blindly praising the pro-UFO corner. It's sad to see that any sort of reasoning on the cynic cause are met with rudeness and insults.

I can't see why he totally owns this thread...well perhaps to you, but i doubt that is a genuine feeling here.

He gives his points as everyone else here, what people reacted to was that he began to focus criticize Maussan instead of the video itself.

It became a discussion about just this and Phage later understood what some ment ( as I understand ). He later continued to discuss about the video in his usual good way in my opinion ( but that doesn't mean I think he is right all the time ). He claimed it was a bird, and Armap's video later on kinda confirms it...KINDA. It's not 100% proof the UFO being a bird, but it leans more towards a bird in my opinion.

Also many of the objects in space seems to be simple reflections but there still are sequences in that video that is kinda hard to explain.

So for me Phage can own this thread all you want, some things are still hard to explain.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KIRKSTERUK

It depends if you agree with him or not, I tend to make my own judgements about what I see, I read all posting , take it into consideration, and with my own eyes , I reach a conclusion, My own conclusion.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Okay, as I understand it.. this part of the footage is being attributed to birds;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1ddd2c05219.png[/atsimg]

Fair enough, but it's hardly the only object shown in the entire compilation. There are many more parts to discuss.

As I said before, I thought that the best one, was at about 7:30(I think).. you know.. the one that sorta spins and 'possibly' pulsates. I'm not one of the experts who knows how to extrapolate a picture.. could someone do that please? .. ArMaP maybe?
.. it definitely deserves closer examination.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The images that caught my eye the most were the ones that showed what appeared to be a light moving close to the shuttle and then back away from it.
Independant movement, IMO... leads me to think intelligent control.

Also the one that looked like it was shining a light below it as it moved. But I suppose that could have been a lens flare.

And of course the rectangular thing that was tumbling... One side of that thing was very shiny and it was giving off an incredibly bright shine.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
About folks jumping on Phage for his skepticism (I've done it before also), it is good to keep in mind that the Government only considers about 5% of all sightings truly unidentifiable.
For me, 5% is enough to warrant investigation, and I know that they give seemingly silly excuses for a bunch of them... Heck, lets bump the figure up 35% to account for a bunch of their haphazard explainations...

That only gives us 40%, and I think that most would agree that this is a generous figure...

Phage is a skeptic, and a very good one. Too often people just jump on the "IT IS AN ALIEN VEHICLE" bandwagon (and I've done it way too much also, but I'm trying to get better about it). Good skepticism will sharpen your investigation skills, if you allow it to.

More often than not people, these things are explainable if we look hard enough. And WE NEED to look hard enough. For anything to be taken seriously, we have to present rock solid cases... and a bunch of them. We can't do that by saying that a turkey-vulture (or whatever it is) is undoubtedly an alien craft.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join