It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream Journal; How To, Tips, and Results

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Thats a pretty interesting method that I will have to try. I find that when i diverge from my normal sleeping pattern I can recall dreams more vividly. I woke up an hour later than I usually do today and I wrote almost a page of my dream. I could recall hat seemed like a full day of dreaming. I am going to try setting my alarm at various points in the night to see if it aids in my recall. Thank you for the post and im sorry it took me a little while to respond.

Ill let you know how it goes!

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sounds good, a full day's worth of dreaming. That's more than I recall from last night. Just make sure you have enough total hours of sleep and give yourself some cushion time and you'll be fine.

I think I'm going to start being more of an observer in my dreams again, this is my next thing. Will mess around a bit with trying to create or conjure things as well which is something I've never been good at.

Observing.. that's how to make the lucid dreams really start to last. Yes you need to keep doing things and keep those eyes open, but if you stay chill and observe, interact a little yes, and don't do anything crazy, it will last much longer. Maybe some people can have them last long no matter what they do, but if that's not you then this is something to try.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Thanks for posting all this useful info. I'll start a dream journal today.

When I was younger I could remember some of my dreams, but lately I can't remember anything. I think my mind is too full with so many information that I really need to start meditating and relaxing. Hopefully after some time I will be able to remember my dreams and start having lucid ones, etc.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Moraz

Good to hear!

Meditation definitely helps as well. I have had some wonderful lucid and OOBE experiences recently.

In the past when I went lucid, the first thing i would try to do is fly. It was fun but didnt last for long. Recently I have been going with my dream and not trying to change anything or do anything out of the ordinary. I feel like you can learn from your dreams more by practicing that method.

Stick with it and you will be lucid before you know it!

Cheers,
BTL

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi again bringthelight

I just came back recently from vacations and I had no chance to start the dream journal yet, but I will try to start it this week! Hopefully I will start remembering my dreams more and more and also be lucid all the time.
Wish me luck!

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Dream journals are a great idea for anyone. Whether to improve lucidity, recall, interpretation, or simply out of fascination.

I have been keeping a journal for nearly 5 years now. It's ridiculous some of the stuff that I have in there, and some of it is very frightening as well.

As the OP states, do try to keep it near to your bed. The more you move after waking, the more you forget. Also I have a similar method to the "lucidity anchor". I simply recite a recall mantra before I fall asleep. Something along the lines of "I will wake after each dream tonight, write it in my journal and quickly fall asleep into another". Mine is shorter but that's a very basic statement. It works wonders for me. A lot of times I will not even remember waking in the night but in the morning my journal has been updated. Just like anything though it does take some practice to master this.

Also there are numerous other things one can do in order to better recall their dreams. Just to list a few -

1. Lie south to north if possible(somethin to do with the magneticity[new word?] of Earth)
2. Wash your hands before going to bed(relieve any static electricity)
3. Do not go to sleep with a radio/tv on(can sometimes interfere)

If anyone would like more tips on anything please do not be timid. Shoot me a U2U and I will respond as soon as possible. Whether you want to increase lucidity, learn to induce WILDs(wake induced lucid dreams), learn the CAT method to lucidity, learn common "reality test" methods to induce lucidity, increase dream recall, increase your understanding of interpretation...anything really...I will try my best to help. And if I can't help you, I know someone who can.

Don't ignore your subconcious. Best regards friends.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I am so into dreams. I have been keeping a dream journal for 13 years now and never used a symbolic reminder. It took me several years before I found I was having precognitive dreams, but I found early on that many repetitive dreams were actually telling me about something that needed to be corrected in every day life. I have never had a repetitive dream since I figured it out.

I will definitely check out the online dream journal. While I always check the symbolism, I find it is more important to know what that symbolism means to you and how it relates to your life.

As to the marijuana, never did that but do drink and my dreams are less significant when I do this at night.

Great thread. Look forward to other thoughts.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

I actually lost my old computer due to a cracked screen and reently moved and havent been writing down my dreams for about a month or so now. Its funny ou posted on this thread because I have been having multiple EXTREMELY vivid dreams the past 2-3 nights...I have been randomly waking up without any mantras or symbols and recalling these long and vivid dreams out of nowhere the past few nights.

This is the perfect time to get back into the journal. I will try paper this time instead of a keyboard and see how that works. Dreams are very amazing and I am very excited to start getting back into this practice.

ps just to share I had a very vivid dream of a post cataclysmic Boston last night. I was driving through ruins and chaos seeing grown men crying outside of a ruined Fenway Park and up turned highways as if massive earthquakes shifted the entire layout of the land. Very strange and creepy and I am still trying to determine the meaning behind it.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
funny enough I was thinking of doing this exact thing today.

last night I tried some different techniques before falling asleep, a few meditations then I tried to OOBE. I was doing techniques to the point of must of fallen asleep. It was instantaneous (or so it felt), I thought I had actually popped back in time and I was a child again! I was so exited and truely believed I was beginning from 5 years old again but with my brain now. It was a lucid dream of sorts except I thought it was reality it was such a good feeling and so fun, I decided I was going to sit down and learn this time instead of bum around.

Anyway I woke up and realised it was a dream but at the time I truely thought I was a kid again, I even looked in reflections and saw my self as a child, I felt shorter it was so fun and an amazing feeling.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I've been working on my dreams too.
Before, I only could remember a dream every two or three monthes or something like that. Now, every morning I start by asking myself what I've been dreaming about, and it works, even if half a hour later I have forgotten about the dreams (even though it seems I remember more and more details).
Anyway, since I've been working on lucid dreamings, I had two weird dreams.
The first happened very very soon in my training. I just realized I was dreaming, for no special reason (even if there were lots of reasons to do so, the main one was that my dream was happening in my former high school, while I now am at the university). Anyway, when I realized I was dreaming, I just thought : Well, that's cool, let the dream have it's way.
The second one happened a few weeks ago. I was in a field with some snow (it was quite special snow actually, it looked very "videogame-ish"). I thought : "damn, I don't want snow, I want grass... Hey ! I'm dreaming ! Let's get rid of this snow !" And then I started flying and summoning small tornadoes to get rid of the snow (I told you it was very videogame-ish ! It actually really looked like an old game I was replaying at time, Golden Sun). Then I dreamt I woke up and said all my friends I managed to get a lucid dreaming, only to wake up again, for real this time, and realize I have only been controlling my dream for a few seconds before it cheated me in believing it was over.
Any meaning for these ? Especially the second one ?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jalis

Congrats! Those seem like some very cool lucid experiences. Controlling the weather is always fun. Stick with the journal and there will be more to come

As for meaning, dreams tend to be very personal. Take a look at the figures and try to determine what they mean to you and whats happening. Are you about to take control of a situation in your life but are unsure? Maybe controlling the weather is showing you how powerful you actually are!

Again I don't know its just an example. You have to determine what they mean to you. Good luck and have fun!

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Thanks! I'm excited to use this software, and maybe do some backlogging. I have about 7 years of dream journals! Oddly I was just thinking about if such software as this existed like a week ago. S&F

top topics

<< 1   >>

join