I hope this thread will become a place where all the dream warriors out there can share their experiences.
I began keeping a dream journal 3 months ago and the results are simply amazing. Here are some tips for getting started.
1. Find a lucid anchor - A lucid anchor is a symbol of your choice that is used to remember your dreams more vividly and regularly. I use this
I have a picture of it on my wall so it is the last thing i see before I go to sleep, and the first thing i see when I wake up. This is actually a
method of Neuro Linguistic Programming. You will program your mind to be conscious of your dreams more and more often. Envision this symbol over your
heart before you fall asleep. When you wake up, before you think about what you have to do with your day, take a few moments to try and remember what
2. Write it down - Keep a journal by your bed and date and record Everything you can remember. If you have a laptop that you keep by your bed, I use
this cool little tool. Dream Journal
Its free and It organizes all your dream journal entries and even has a dream analysis tool that picks out key words and tells you what
they mean in the dream world! Such a cool tool IMHO.
- Try to pick out themes in your dreams to see if you find anything recurring. It could be a valuable lesson your subconscious is trying to teach you.
- Write in the present tense, as it aids in remembering.
-sketch any images that seemed important
- Keep your journal in arms reach of your bed, you have little time before the dreams start to fade from memory.
- Write down any major life events or conflicts that are going on, so when you reflect back you can get some context as to whats going on in your life
at that point.
3. Be CONSISTENT - Do it every morning and I guarantee you will see amazing results. Dont give up after a week, if you cant remember one night its ok.
Just write down whatever you can remember, and you will make progress.
Why Keep a dream journal?
I began doing this as a means to achieve lucid dreaming more often. As I said I have had amazing results. I am remembering 4-6 different dreams a
night with amazing clarity and detail. When I started it was 4 or 5 sentences a night. I am writing novels in the morning
My dreams are changing and I had a moment the other night where I realized something wasn't right and I said to my 2 friends, "Hey guys....Do you
know we are all dreaming right now?" For some funny reason I didn't understand that my friends were just in my head. I then proved it to them by
flying down a stair case...started feeling vibrations and woke up. I was so pumped.
Anyone please feel free to share their experiences, add some advice, or ask some questions. We know so little about the dream world and I love
discovering a little more each night! Good luck and have fun!