It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, I'm sorry.. but I don't think that is Venus..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
On the east coast, it (Venus) can't be seen anymore. Can anyone else see it still?? It just blipped out of sight several weeks ago... but the pulsating (I guess Sirius) is still there, flickering like crazy...and I agree I never saw a "star" act like that my whole life and I am almost 36!

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

Yeah, I notice more than one of these "stars" as well.....if you look real close all over the sky you see some doing it and others not. Just weird....

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So.

Where did it go\?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Ha HA hA this is great. How much do all you want to bet its going to turn into a face??? I say watch and more will come. This is my thought on the matter, it is in fact a new star, but this star is orbiting around something else?? The reason why we see it is because its moving through time and space......this is the only way to explain it, it is SO big it encompasses "time travel" to travel around its radious BUT we are so far away we see it in its "entirety". make sense? my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
width="425" height="344"> "http://www.youtube.com/v/1aPNcUJuiLY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
sorry....how the hell do you post videos?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Watching Nibir...err...Venus right now, been watching it since it appeared on the sky this winter. Very interesting. never seen it being so bright before.

Blinking.......yes.
Pulsating.....yes.

And is it me, or the thing just got a bit bigger?

Peace,
Mulder

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
check uranus, perhaps that is what it is.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

ha ha!!!! FINALLY other people are seeing it too. and agreeing with me. IT AINT VENUS GUYS... (well, unless venus is a hollow planetoid spaceship being piloted closer to earth for some reason...but i wont insist on that explanation since i just made it up then.

i used to wake up every morning at 4.30am in australia for no apparant reason to stare that thing in the face. never before in my life have i woken up regularly at 4.30am for anyone i can tell you.

it is MASSIVE and it does NOT look ANYTHING like a star.

because its not. its clearly a big spaceship. or planetoid spaceship. or maybe even an incoming planet..but id go for spaceship.

they've been sighted before you know, there were a few positioned around the earth back in the 50s or someting - read a thread about it.

whats so surprising - after all, our moon's also an artificial satellite/spaceship dont you know? NASA probably does id say.
so's phobos/deimos probly.

our moon wasnt the first around earth according to indig people. they say there were other moons there before and this one was 'piloted in' relatively recently (causing the flood i wonder??)

would explain a lot of anomalies about the moon and how its supposed to be hollow cuz it rings like a bell when nasa drops things on it. which they keep doing as you'll notice.

also explains why its at least a billion yrs older than earth. and its rocks arent as expected. etc. and we cant explain how it was formed. etc.

try reading 'who built the moon' from amazon.com

[edit on 18-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim
Every day when I leave work, I stare at that thing in the sky with disbelief that it could be Venus. I have looked up at the sky my whole life and have never seen a star shine that bright. Much less with the different colors. Just like Sirius; I have never in my life seen that star until here recently. Not saying it didn't exist before, but I have never seen a star pulsate colors like a cop car! I live near a university and have wanted to contact the astronomy department (assuming they have one) and see if they would answer some questions for me. One of my main questions is if Venus is between us and the Sun (Earth is the third planet, Venus is the second), then how is it that I am seeing "Venus" at night with the Sun on the other side of the Earth? Wouldn't that put the Earth between the bright star ("Venus") and the Sun??? How does that work?? I just seems like from Earth the only way we could even see Venus would be in daylight somewhere near the Sun at all times. Does this make sense?? Can anyone explain this to me????

well i think i know enough astronomy to confirm for you that stars dont pulsate with different colours like a cop car. if its doing that i have to say it isnt a star.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

You're right, Venus look NOTHING like a star..because it isn't.

Also, I'm not sure if you've noticed but the OP was started in March of this year.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Its October and soon November again so perhaps this object is visible again for the same people. Anyone see it?

I see lots of strong lights in the night sky. Its just very hard to know what is what.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
If it wasn't something already known, the news would be all over the astronomy circuit. They'd be talking about it, blogging about it, news agencies would have something on it.

i wudnt bet on it somehow.

more secrecy and cover ups i suspect. astronomers have been very quiet about it.

anyway if the moon is really populated like the moon rising videos suggest and really is in colour when we've been getting the black and white version, then it shows nasa can cover up anything.

also i saw a photo supposedly smuggled out of an antarctica observatory of that thing - dunno where i saw it maybe it was on ats.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

You're right, Venus look NOTHING like a star..because it isn't.

Also, I'm not sure if you've noticed but the OP was started in March of this year.

yeah yeah whatever. star or planet - it doesnt look like either.

stars AND planets, my dear, but particularly planets, dont pulsate with different coloured lights.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Is it still visible at 4:30 in the morning?

What direction is it at?

Was it low in the sky?

[edit on 18/10/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Anarchist69

If you have the address for the video clips or video, post it, I will put it up on video for you!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I for one am glad I'm not the only one thats see's this,I've noticed last month or so in the south west sky,very bright and pulsating colored lights,and very big as well,very strange indeed

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Even i've noticed this lately. I'll be standing outside looking up at the stars (love doing that) and I see that same pulsating "star" and it made me go "WTF?"

Since I was a kid I've been familiar with the bright stars and planets but never have I seen anything that bright act like that. Maybe something abnormal IS responsible?

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Is this what everyone is on about, found itonyou tube dates August 13th 2009:

Her is another:

Here is a question, which way would you have to be looking to see if it is there>, out of curiosity?

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

There is no way the first video is Venus. The size and movement speed alone makes that impossible.

The second video could be Venus however.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by Copernicus]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join