It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay, I'm sorry.. but I don't think that is Venus..

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I only started seeing this super bright object in the sky since January...
& it's only gotten BRIGHTER and BRIGHTER!!

Last night it was Pulsating..
& everynight, it's about a foot different then the night before [from our perspective on earth, of course].

Are we 100% positive that this is Venus?
I downloaded the Consteller program, or something, and Venus is was almost a total 180 from where I seen the object last night...

I hear everyone talks about it out on the streets at night.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

Well, it has been cause for much speculation lately, that's for sure. Some say it is Venus, some say it is Orion or Sirius, some say it is Betelguise, some say it is Nibiru, and some say that it is a big spaceship, so just take your pick.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
It's Venus

But in the 29 years of my life,... I don't remember it being that bright.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I only started seeing this super bright object in the sky since January...
& it's only gotten BRIGHTER and BRIGHTER!!

Last night it was Pulsating..
& everynight, it's about a foot different then the night before [from our perspective on earth, of course].

Are we 100% positive that this is Venus?
I downloaded the Consteller program, or something, and Venus is was almost a total 180 from where I seen the object last night...

I hear everyone talks about it out on the streets at night.Thanks!

I have to laugh because I keep hearing people say the same thing over and over. In fact you used my exact words but we first noticed it in November. My mother and I have birthdays in November and we get a kick out of the fact that we usually have some really good fireworks going on around our birthdays (meteor showers).

That is one of the reasons that it seemed so very odd for us.

Every year we spend a lot of time watching the November night sky and Venus has never been that prominent.

I don't have an explanation for it but as Nightchild has said you will get a lot of people telling you that it is a lot of things.

Myself, I just keep watching it and I figure what ever it is it will be positively determined sooner or later.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here's an article explaining why Venus is so bright at the moment.

But no event in Venus’ calendar is as exciting as the one taking place around now. Right now, Venus is at its brightest in the evening twilight sky. Astronomers called this a greatest brilliancy of Venus.
On February 19, Venus shines at -4.6 magnitude. How bright is that? Those in winter climes might notice shadows cast on snow by Venus.

Venus is at its brightest now, but if you peered at this world through the eyepiece of a telescope, you would find Venus in a crescent phase. It looks like a tiny, featureless crescent moon. Because the orbit of Venus lies inside of Earth’s orbit, Venus goes through phases, much like our moon. Surprisingly, Venus’ disk appears only 27% illuminated right now, as seen from Earth. How can it be shining at its peak brightness when we’re seeing only a portion of its lighted hemisphere?

The answer is that – when Venus appears full as seen from Earth – it’s always is much farther away from us, on the far side of the sun from us. That’s the only place it can be in order for its fully lighted disk to be facing our way. Now Venus is on the same side of the sun as Earth. It will go between us and the sun on March 27, 2009. Full Venus = more distant Venus = fainter Venus overall. Crescent Venus = Venus on the same side of the sun as us, and therefore closer = Venus at its brightest.

Here's the link:
www.earthsky.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Lenina

Thanks...
But, it's like pulsating...
Red and Orange, sometimes..

Like, I dunno.

I heard it's Jesus.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
reply to post by Lenina

Thanks...
But, it's like pulsating...
Red and Orange, sometimes..

Like, I dunno.

I heard it's Jesus.

HAHAHAH Jesus? That is best thing I have read today friend, star for that one!

Yeah ofcourse, thats all we need. Let Jesus come flying in on some mothership at the speed of light and pronounce his return. It would be worth it just for the look on Christianity's face.

To realize Jesus is not the son of god, but the son of some alien race that has manipulated us for generations.

Beautiful!

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't think He/She meant Jesus, but Maitreya. The soon apparence of a big Star was described in papers in December last year, as a sign of the arrival of a new worldteacher.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild
I don't think He/She meant Jesus, but Maitreya. The soon apparence of a big Star was described in papers in December last year, as a sign of the arrival of a new worldteacher.

I, he, said what I meant..

Mr. Christ...
He owes me 15rupees.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Well if its 180deg from where it should be then do not let someone tell you that its Venus and you accept it. This would be ridiculous in itself. I've heard others with their programs that tell where to look and they don't seem to find it matching what they say. Either your doing it wrong or you have something in the sky that is NOT Venus.

I personally don't think its venus and believe that it's something artificial, maybe a large asteroid or ship. The new messiah who is to come already stated that he will come after the world sees a bright light that is seen by night and by day, and that he will make himself known with his space brothers, or alien friends. This is all public knowledge on Share Intls website. He really is quite a joke to read about, yet I've seen hundreds falling for it on ATS alone.

We'll have to wait a little longer for them to let us know what's going on. I think they are kind of surprised at the awakening and really don't know what to do.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I am very intrigued by this dot in the sky.

I too have noticed for a month now the brightness and constant changing of colors from the dot in the sky, and I know nothing about astronomy so I don't know whether it's Venus or not.

I have, however, also noticed the fact that this object is now pulsating in the sky with multiple colors. I also know that my eyes are drawn to it every single clear night, no matter where it's positioned in the sky.

I too am not so sure if it's Venus...I don't know if I would trust the official explanation at this point in time (and considering my personal beliefs), but I also don't know enough about astronomy to be able to argue any point. Wow, I think that officially makes me paranoid.

The pulsating factor of this object has intrigued me and I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing it.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I gotta tell you, it is probably Venus or Sirius. Venus has been crazy bright, the brightest it has been in years. You can almost see its phases with the naked eye. Get some binoculars or a telescope and check it out, if you can just barely see a crescent shape through binoculars than you know its Venus, if you look at it through a telescope, and it is in fact Venus, it will look like a bright crescent moon. Yes, Venus is bright enough to look like its pulsating, the effect is especially enhanced with cloud movement in front of it. Also, Sirius is will look like it's pulsating different colors. If you manage to rule all of this out, then you might be on to something, but if you take a picture of the object, or video, it might help out a little bit, especially if you can get some other stars in the footage. Also if your in the U.S. Venus rises in the western skies, it will be the first thing you see in the sky at sunset.

Edit: if your using a program like Stellarium, make sure you have the exact longitude and latitude of your city, many sources online to help you find it, here is a good place to start. jan.ucc.nau.edu...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Winsor]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If you please, why don't you take a picture of the object in question, then post it here for discussion?

BTW, and if I may ask, where do you live?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It's Venus.

I think Lenina pretty much explained the luminosity of it.

It has also been discussed here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Whether or not it is a 'sign' of the start of something else only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I feel you bro, i used to live in Dunedin new zealand, i noticed this about a year ago :|. Think what you will, but it was around 11PM/12AM, constantly every night i would go outside just to see this, a light near the moon would appear, it would be large.... so large, it started out as a shining white light, it eventually changed colour to purple then back to white then started flickering allot through the period of a year :\ now this is where we are today! nothing new, people say it's Venus, but i highly doubt it would just appear out of nowhere in the night sky for the first time in many years, although they'll only tell you what they want you to know :\ we've gotta have an astronomer on this forum amrite?.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by allsop]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Lenina

I dont care about it being so bright. If you look at it as it gets close to the horizon it pulsates white, green then red. I have seen little tiny specks of light flying around to too. I live out in the middle of nowhere and can see it without any artificial light.

It may be Venus...but something weird is reflecting off of it.

Edit to add: At times it looks like a rotating beacon that changes colors as it rotates.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Venus sets in the west and it is amazingly bright. I have been looking up a lot lately.
But I dont think it is Venus you are seeing. The other really bright Star that flashes different colours is supposed to be Sirius. Rising in the southeast shortly before sunset. And sets in the southwest around 0030.
I am with you guys on this though, something isn't right about both of these.

Upon reading some astronomy blogs, they claim it's because Sirius is so low on the horizon and is seen through a greater amount of atmosphere which causes distortion and the blinking effect.

I disagree however, even when it is at it's highest point it's just as Fantastic.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by allsop

Thats the other queer thing about all of this. I haven't heard an astronomer comment on any of this in here.

And the astronomy sites have very little to say also. Arent they usually nerdy chatter bugs about this kind of stuff?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Every day when I leave work, I stare at that thing in the sky with disbelief that it could be Venus. I have looked up at the sky my whole life and have never seen a star shine that bright. Much less with the different colors. Just like Sirius; I have never in my life seen that star until here recently. Not saying it didn't exist before, but I have never seen a star pulsate colors like a cop car! I live near a university and have wanted to contact the astronomy department (assuming they have one) and see if they would answer some questions for me. One of my main questions is if Venus is between us and the Sun (Earth is the third planet, Venus is the second), then how is it that I am seeing "Venus" at night with the Sun on the other side of the Earth? Wouldn't that put the Earth between the bright star ("Venus") and the Sun??? How does that work?? I just seems like from Earth the only way we could even see Venus would be in daylight somewhere near the Sun at all times. Does this make sense?? Can anyone explain this to me????

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
It's probably some alien missile coming from light-years away to wipe Earth out heh.
Really though I see this darn thing in the night sky also. Right about when I see the moon pop out I see the light not far away from it. What is weird is the position isn't always the same each night and I don't think it's where venus or sirius is suppost to be. Also I agree the thing seems to change colors often.
I only noticed it because one time a friend pointed it out to me and asked wtf is that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join