It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Language of Universal Symbols Discovered

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

One more thing, I think that the connection with King Solomon is very interesting. I have seen several shows on Discovery/History/TLC type channels, about the construction of Solomon's Temple. Several of these shows speculated that the gold and some of the more exotic materials for the Temple may have come from Central America. The problem is of course that there is no known trade contact between ancient Israel and the New World.

These carvings seem to offer some evidence, and it dates from the right time period.

Another source of supporting evidence is the existence of coc aine and nicotine in the wrappings of Egyptian mummies. The Phoenicians might be the link there as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
so what this is saying is that the ancient symols connect different civilizations of the world?

When i first saw them i thaught i was looking at something similar to the zazca lines or astrological symbols of some sort, but these really look interesting.

The fact that we have bben able to translate it says something also, it would seem to me that a language from such a decent time ago would not e similar to anything in the current day but it looks like im wrong, anyuway i know that hebrew is old so who knows anymore.

Anything is possible!

Nazca lines

Astrology symbols

anyway this is my first post here on ATS although i have been watching the topics here for over a year, and now i have finally decided to give my one cent.

p.s. im very open minded and dislike people who just throw things out the window and dont consider the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I don't know if anybody has ever heard of this. But there was one incident involving some explorers traveling down the Amazon river in South America. And they noticed up above on the side of a cliff some unusual carvings. (Symbols which match up with those that are the topic of this thread.) The explorers asked the local natives what they were and how they were all the way up there on the cliff-side. The natives explained that their 'ancestors left those markings in the rock while it was still soft and the surface of the river reached all the way up to the cliff'.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Research,research,research.

Remember,just because the web says its so,doesn't make it so.In the past I've fallen into the trap of wanting something to "be".
But with some gentle prodding and a little help from some friends,it doesn't take much to find out if a theory is sound,or not.

Beware of pages from fringe sites,they will often lead you astray with a little truth wrapped in a burrito of whimsy.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrustbucket
Oh god here we go....

Here is some info you may not know:

BYU has many professors that are not mormon. BYU's professors and researchers abide by all the same rules and regulations that any other university does. Even if a single professor had a special personal religious based agenda, he wouldn't get far without being fired. They teach evolution in science class. They have to operate this way to be an accredited university.

When it comes to archeology, BYU has some of the best mid-eastern and south american researchers and professors there are.

It was also a BYU professor that has done the best work so far to show that WTC 7's collapse was fishy. How was that "mormon influenced"?

I see no evidence that this guy is making any types of claims. He, so far, has simply shown his work. He didn't publish a book. He isn't teaching a class on it. He isn't writing his findings in any journals of science that I can find.

It's obviously all very preliminary. So back off the anti-religious angle for now.
[edit on 2-3-2009 by thrustbucket]

I beg to differ; there's nothing anti-RELIGIOUS about it at all, but rather, showing a possible bias. If this were Enron showing that really, oil that they spilt in the water made ducks survive the winter better and it was good for them, I'd be a little skeptical.

As for BYU, I'm sure that being a Mormon isn't a criteria for teaching at BYU, however, I'm also sure that the environment there is far from unbiased. Ask the professors that were dismissed for being critical of the church, or, read their Statement on Academic Freedom, which limits opposition to the LDS doctines, policies and its leaders.

As for Professor James R Harris, he is a member of the LDS church, and in fact has published books, such as "A Study of Joseph Smith's Egyptian Collection".

And I have tried, but cannot find ANY research done by anyone other than a handful of LDS professors at BYU, which hold that there is evidence for a link to hebrew in ancient american languages.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I agree with a handful of replies here, that there will always be a commonality in symbols used by ancient, or even modern man. The human figure itself, or a handprint, various circles or radiating lines to represent an celestial body. The Voyager mission's golden record relied on basic symbols to convey who we are to any potential sentient life out there. This doesn't imply the cultures that produced them were aware of one another, or that some ancient globe spanning culture alone produced them.

The one that would be the most interesting has been fairly debunked and that is the "Phoenician" script in Brazil, and as pointed out on multiple sites no Phoenician would refer to themselves as that, since that was the name applied to them by the Greeks (Pedra da Gavea).

I think trade could account for widespread dissemination of early languages. A perfect example is the Phoenician language itself, under their powerful trade influences, led the Greeks to adopt much of their alphabet, adapting their sounds to fit Phoenician letters.

An excellent reference is a book by David Sacks, "Letter Perfect: The Marvelous History of Our Alphabet From A to Z".

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If you think about it...English has done the same. I you want to do business you learn the dominant language. So what's the big deal? The old ones did a lot of stuff we can't do today.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JerichogirlLA

so you watched the videos i posted with the youtube links..pretty interesting right?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
I do have one thing to say to those who are saying that the symbols are too white, or look photoshopped. If you followed the links, the caption under the photo very clearly states that the symbols have been enhanced with aluminum powder at the site. So, this explains why they are so starkly contrasted with the darker colored rock. It is amazing what you can learn when you read the captions.

Just adding to that, actually, the image you are looking at has been photoshopped, but admittedly so. If you follow the first of the 'Links' which appear at the bottom of the article linked by the OP, you will find this image at the top of the page along with this caption:

"[Above: Colorado wall originally enhanced with aluminum powder on location but here enhanced with white in Photoshop to reveal shapes.]"

Very interesting story this, I'll be looking into it further.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Fourier Mathematics > Sine waves > Brain waves > Thought > Shapes

They're all related. I think that extraterrestrials understand this as a developed science, and use it as their primary means of communication.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.youtube.com...

David Adair claimed that the UFO he was hired to reverse-engineer "told" him that it was constructed in zero-gravity as a liquid metal formed by vibration. With the right mix of amplitude and frequencies, any shape desirable is possible. This explains how there can be internal cavities and complex shapes without riveting, welding, cutting, or drilling.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Once again I find myself thanking you for your knowledge on these topics. It is very good for ATS that you are here

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This isn't really anything new. I have been looking at ancient and dead languages for 15 years. There are MANY simularities. One of the oddest is Ancient Chinese and Ancient Maya look almost identicle. I have seen about 70 lost or dead written languages. Most of them have common symbols between them all. I'll take this "new find" a little further. Take a good strong look at some ancient languages such as Theban, Sanscrit, Ancient Chinese, Passing The River, Cambodian, Ancient Egyptian, Mayan, Alchemical, and quite a few others then look up ALIEN LANGUAGES (writings from actual space craft), you will find, yet again, some symbols REALLY are UNIVERSAL in a very true context. Many would be very surprised in what they see......

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Valkyr8]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

It's obvious that this picture is a representation of the birthing process. The likeness to the Omega symbol is very interesting. Could meerly be a translation in angle over time to represent an alternative meaning.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

Speaking of Universal languages, I wonder if the ET's have picked up on OK yet? Virtually all human languages have adopted OK as a universal statement of approval.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you have compared ancient Indian (as in India) carvings with those of the Maya?

I have traveled to India several times and I am really struck by the similarities between their ancient carvings in temples and other locations, and those of the Maya.

Their artwork looks to me to be stylistically similar to the Maya. Particularly the depiction of women, complete with noserings, earrings, headgear, etc.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by Valkyr8

Speaking of Universal languages, I wonder if the ET's have picked up on OK yet? Virtually all human languages have adopted OK as a universal statement of approval.

Anyway, I wanted to ask you if you have compared ancient Indian (as in India) carvings with those of the Maya?

I have traveled to India several times and I am really struck by the similarities between their ancient carvings in temples and other locations, and those of the Maya.

Their artwork looks to me to be stylistically similar to the Maya. Particularly the depiction of women, complete with noserings, earrings, headgear, etc.

Indeed I have seen this as well. The same goes for Cambodian, Chilean, Incan, Peruvian, Mayan, Aztec, Toltec, (?)Olmec(?), Indian, Ica Stones, and Nasca. They all look very simular.

When I saw some alien writing I nearly fell over because I recognized some of the writing as Sanscrit, Passing The River, Theban, Alchemical, and Ancient Egyptian. This is no longer a surprise as I've done more and more research. Each of these ancient civilizations and dozens more have written about their contact with celestial people. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if we got some components of written language from them.

You may like to look up the Hindu Vadas 1500-500 BC. They speak of the Flying Vimanas. These things were huge and are said to fly in from space, fly through our skies, over the ground, and under water. The people of India have been talking to these guys for thousands of years.

As for the term "OK", I don't really know. This may be a strictly human thing. But I will say this about that.... Many races choose to speak telepathically or they cal onlly speak telepathically. But more so most speak through feeling and emotion. You feel what they feel and the other way around as well as telepathy. Of coarse there are races that can and will speak our language such as the Tall Whites.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Butcherbay
Scientists have apparently discovered like symbols scattered throughout several areas of the world Dating of these symbols showed that they were made over an extended period time, beginning around 1700 BC.

Locations include Colorado, Israel, Australia, Yemen and South America. Whats really strange to me, is that they say the translations tell the same story.

Researchers say this possibly points to a common ancient language.
Something, I bet, some posters here have been preaching for a long time.

I think, instead of a common language, maybe one civilization, that really got around and left its mark. Literally.

Atlanteans anyone?

Or maybe the Tower of Babel isn't as far fetched an idea as it first appears.

Link

(this is my first post, forgive me if I smashed board etiquette to hell and back)

Atlanteans? Aren't they pure fantasy?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
OMG, I love this ! Give me more, more, more. This and the revelations meaning star signs to look for, and dude from vatican hitting up the arizona telescope. There is a meaning it hit me months ago, the dragon story with the knight saving the maiden..I think this is all a part of the whole. More Information...This is right. I just feel it in my gut..

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
some relevance, probally only common to the evolutions of writing , not definition of symbol....

[edit on 3-3-2009 by werk71]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I agree with the Tower of Babel comment. The worldwide language problem is still relevant today!

Why not teach a common neutral non-national language, in all countries, in all schools, worldwide?

An interesting video can be seen at video.google.com... and a glimpse of the global language Esperanto can be seen at www.lernu.net...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join