It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Language of Universal Symbols Discovered

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have seen these stuff at viewzone since quite long back.

i dont consider viewzone as a definitive authority on the matter. viewzone quotes nexus /nexus magazine for a lot of articles.

As byrd pointed out, the folks who gathered the info has been cherry picking.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Yes, I watched all the youtube videos and it amazes me that a guy who has a hunch can dive down under the sea and find remains of an ancient civilization. Just like that!

I also did not realize that the Inca wanted to stop time while the Mayans wanted to map it.

Stone temples and structures are everywhere around the world. I think the ancients knew that these stuctures and monuments would survive the earth changes and the dimensional transition. Therefor, warning or enlightening the next generations. A huge flood would whisk survivors all over the globe. The survivors would try to reunite or find there homeland. The writings could also be like a giant "post a note" to let the others know where they may have gone.
Anyway, about 2 and a half minutes into the 3/5 youtube video shows the points where the structurs are. It seems like one is missing. It would be opposite the Easter Island temple.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Butcherbay
Scientists have apparently discovered like symbols scattered throughout several areas of the world Dating of these symbols showed that they were made over an extended period time, beginning around 1700 BC.

Locations include Colorado, Israel, Australia, Yemen and South America. Whats really strange to me, is that they say the translations tell the same story.

Researchers say this possibly points to a common ancient language.
Something, I bet, some posters here have been preaching for a long time.

I think, instead of a common language, maybe one civilization, that really got around and left its mark. Literally.

Atlanteans anyone?

Or maybe the Tower of Babel isn't as far fetched an idea as it first appears.

Link

(this is my first post, forgive me if I smashed board etiquette to hell and back)

Wow this is amazing...No i dont think the Tower of Babel is that far fetched because i believe the stories in it were written based off of something similar to it in the past...exactly why i think the stuff to come has symbology to what will happen similarly...the people who created the bible create what happen that is why the bible turns out 100% right all the time...thoughts?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There is a ton of information out there. Look up Berry Fell for starters and a primer.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Valkyr8

You said, "You may like to look up the Hindu Vadas 1500-500 BC. They speak of the Flying Vimanas. These things were huge and are said to fly in from space, fly through our skies, over the ground, and under water. The people of India have been talking to these guys for thousands of years."

Thanks for your reply.

By your reference to the Vimanas then I am sure that you have read the Mahabaratah.

I read the Mahabaratah some time ago because I was interested to learn what the ancient Indians knew about alien contact. That story is all about the attempt by an alien civilization to dominate the people of the earth. It talks about how they came down and created a hybrid race and how they mistreated the human populations.

They were finally defeated but not until the intervention of Krishna(actually one of the aliens) and the Pandavars (human/alien hybrids). The final cataclysmic battle was nuclear and killed millions of people.

I learned that the ancient Indians knew a lot about alien contact. In fact, I would say that they knew more than we do. I used to think that the representation of Krishna and the other gods with multiple sets of arms and green, blue, and red skin was stylistic in nature but now I am not so sure.

I am no longer sure that our contacts with Greys, Blues, Nordics, and the Mantis type creatures is separate from what is described in the Mahabaratah. Is it possible that the Nordics are the Pandavars? Or that the Mantis creatures are the multiarmed gods that are depicted by the Hindu? The Greys certainly treat the Mantis as god like creatures. Are they coming back for round two?

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread but there is a lot to learn from the Hindu scriptures.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
There is a ton of information out there. Look up Berry Fell for starters and a primer.

Barry Fell is one of the lousiest possible sources.

Time and time again he's been shown to be completely ignorant regarding translations of what he calls ogham, once he even provided a "translation" over the phone of so-called "ancient script" without even looking at it.

Turned out to be less than 50 years old.

What a grandstanding buffoon he was.

Kicked out of his own organization, too.

Harte

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
when i was reading down the thread and found mention of barry fell, i knew that Harte wont be far off...and yeah.!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
For once I have to be a dissenting voice... I am not disputing the fact that these symbols show up all over the world with many different people, or even that the symbols are very similar and in many cases the same, but I beg you to look up something called entoptic phenomena. These are little hallucinations that EVERY body on earth might see when their eyes are pressed, or in the early stages of taking a hallucinogen, from wild mushrooms to '___'. The symbols have shown up everywhere from South America to Africa, the effect is easily replicated in any lab conditions or even at home.

I read about it in this research book I've linked below, and I find it to be true, as I have had stronger than normal entoptic phenomena my whole life and have been able to sees these same symbols in my own eyes. Now while it's something everyone may experience, I'm not going to dispute that the origins of this commonality may indeed be mystic.

www.amazon.com...=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205246145&sr=8-1

This explanation may seem more unlikely than the one being touted here but just google entoptic phenomena (more specifically, phosphenes) and hopefully you can see for yourself that it is true. Or even ask your friendly neighbourhood optometrist, s/he can verify this phenomena.

cheers
M

ps - I will add links to show what I am talking about:
www.oubliette.zetnet.co.uk...
dspace.dial.pipex.com...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by poisonmekare]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by poisonmekare

I don't have any problem with the idea that similar symbols may be common across cultures. In fact I think that it is a certainty that different written languages would have some symbols in common, like the circle for instance.

What shoots a hole in that theory is that the texts seem to provide coherent stories or statements when they are translated using keys provided by ancient Old World languages. These should yield a monkey text population at best. Instead we get a version of the Ten Commandments or the name of a Phoenician King. I find this to be beyond chance. It is either a hoax or it is the real deal.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The reason that a single language will never work is that language changes from the bottom up and if you have any form of separation (even perceived) between one group and another, the language will start to mutate separately, eventually becoming mutually unintelligible.

You'll only ever have a single human language when we have a single human race, a single human identity and a single human social class (all are equal). Even in the most Orwellian of one world government futures, do you think that even class will be eliminated?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4All
This means, that human civilizations have come and gone several times over.

We could have had spaceships two times over already. Lets say 50,000bc we have super advanced technology. And a virus came and reduced our people's numbers from 1 billion to 10,000.

You just act like we are the first and most advanced humans ever. But really, it only takes 200 years for plants to completely overgrow a large building and turn it back into soil and dirt.

I've wondered about this - what signs of our civilization would there be in 50,000 or 500,0000 years if we fell apart now? How would we detect previous civilizations over similar time frames?

My answer is: not buildings, but resource depletion. In the past couple hundred years we've used all of the easily accessed minerals and fossil fuels. Now we have to dig much deeper for our iron, copper, tin, lead, petroleum, coal, gold, uranium, etc. It will take a very long time for this to be "replentished", if ever. To some degree more deeply buried minerals will be exposed through erosion, and colliding continental plates raising new mountains, etc. But there would still be a pattern, where the stable landmasses (the great nothern shield in Canada is well over a billion years old) are anomolously depleted of useful minerals near the surface.

In 50,000 or 500,000 years the past presence of our civilization will be very obvious in the lack of near surface useful minerals.

There might be anamolous radioactive sites too.

Sure, we can postulate that an ancient civilization used none of the elements we find useful, but that's pretty unlikely; the periodic table hasn't changed in that period of time, and some elements are just so darn useful.

Also note that there are but homo sapiens and Neanderthal sites in the time frame of which you speak, which do not show signs of co-existing advanced civilization. If a small number of hunter gatherers left so much evidence (cave paintings, artifacts, burial sites...) then how could an advanced civilization have left none?

There's a fairly good archeological record actually. They can trace stone tool technology back hundreds of thousands of years. There's a distinctive style of tooling that was almost unchanged for close to half a million years, but which gradually got supplanted by other styles. There are pre-human remains from those periods too, showing a progression of changing features, like increasing cranial capacity. If, say, 400,000 years ago an advanced civilization grew up in 10,000 years - there would have been signs in the fossil record. Even if by chance nothing survived from that period, it's unlikely that pre-humans ancestors would have gone back to exactly the same slow changing stone tool technology as before.

I mean, imagine our civilization collapsed next year; would you or anybody know how to make the same style of stone tool as was in use 10,000 years ago (but not what was in use 100,000 years ago)? Even if our descendants went back to stone tools, the cultural continuity would be dramatically broken; we'd have a "sudden" new style in the record.

So I don't think an advanced civilization of humans has existed prior to the current surge, starting with agriculture around 10,000 years ago.

Now, it's hard to prove that some other non-primate species didn't invent big brains 35,000,000 years ago. Patterns of resource depletion would still be discernable I believe, tho more subtle. And the big brains should have left some fossil record (in the million years leading up to their civilization). Not much else might have been found from, say, a 10,000 year civilization of smart cats - but the above should be enough. We'd see a pattern of larger brains leading up to that short period.

If our civilization blows it, maybe descendants of raccoons will someday be piecing together the evidence of resource depletion to speculate on what came before...

reasoner

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by -NewSense-

yeah same omg so many civilisations have spoke of it! :O looking forward to 2012 even more now.. the time between 2009-2012 is gonna be very interesting already had freaky comet showers,earthquakes,and more UFO's than ever before in only 3 months. this is gonna be good. just think positive..like this 2012 movie is designed to instill fear so that our minds recreate that scenario come 2012.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Originally posted by Logarock

Barry Fell is one of the lousiest possible sources.

Time and time again he's been shown to be completely ignorant regarding translations of what he calls ogham, once he even provided a "translation" over the phone of so-called "ancient script" without even looking at it.

Harte

Thats Professor Berry Fell Harvard No 1 rated university in the world.

Dude I know all about this distraction that the elite control freak schools of archeology has put on Fell. I cant and neither should anyone here respect anything you say about him.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
when i was reading down the thread and found mention of barry fell, i knew that Harte wont be far off...and yeah.!

There are many more than Fell out there that have contributed to the diffusion study over the years.

I studied this topic for years. I have large stacks of books and files. I have paid good money to obtain hard to find books on the topic. But for some reason I find myself just not able to jump in here with full force.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Over the last couple of days I've looked really hard to try and find some documented evidence,and pictures of these out of place petroglyphs preported to have been found here in Australia.

I'm sorry to say that i haven't found any documentation as of yet.The only recorded petroglyphs/rock-art is that of the indigenous population of Australia,
and these were made tens of thousands of years before the OP's aforesaid petroglyphs.

Here is a small selection of the Aboriginals own work.

fiveprime.org...

Peace.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

One symbol used by the aboriginals in Australia that is found world wide is the KA symbol. There are some others.

I would get away from these similar script type writings found world wide if your just finding you have an interest. Compare the more frequently used symbols. Like the KA.

The swastika is another symbol found worldwide even in the us in mound graves.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

This is the reason I have left the provision that the origins of this phenomena may indeed be mystical, the book itself supposes as much. Something akin to a collective consciousness, whether physically created (coded into junk dna by... perhaps gods or aliens) or achieved in a state of spirit, where collectivity is more apparent and information/thoughts are more easily attained/shared. Look at the prevalence of shamanism throughout the world's ancient cultures.

I don't think that either possible explanation is completely valid or invalid. Both have their place. It's not completely out of the realm of possibility, look at the creation myths around the world, two that stick out are the Iroquois creation myth and the Siberian creation myth, or more generally,the prevalence of brothers (twins in many cases) in myths all over the world, Set and Osiris, Quetzalcoatl and Tezcatlipoca, Sky woman's twin boys in the Iroquois myth, it goes on and on throughout the world.

www.csuohio.edu...

All these different cultures in the link I provided and yet such stunningly similar myths, the origins of which must be incredibly ancient indeed. Perhaps the similar meanings of the symbols, and myths attached to them, may have been passed around, but to suggest it's an actual LANGUAGE that is common around the globe's ancient societies is going a little too far I think.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Hiya Logarock.

The closest likeness to the symbol to Ka in Australian Aboriginal artwork is the symbol for person,(and its inverted).

www.aboriginalartstore.com.au...

The Aboriginal peoples representation of spirit (type).

calphotos.berkeley.edu...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Butcherbay

From the above story:

The petroglyphs in Colorado were photographed and posted on the Internet. Within a few years, images of similar petroglyphs were sent to the site where the images were hosted, Viewzone, by archaeologists and historians from many different global locations. This included a huge collection of writing from the Republic of Yemen at the site of the palace of the Queen of Sheba.

Strangely, both the writing in Colorado and Yemen spoke of a similar event, possibly related to the Sun, which was prophesied to change human civilization. Subsequent translations of sites in Oklahoma, Australia and South America have added more details about this future event.

The petroglyphs are found near natural "vortex" areas, which also happen to always be near Raytheon facilities. (Remember, Raytheon built and sucessfully tested remote control plane technology shorty before Sept.11th when 5 top employees died among the 4 planes.) The facilities are connected to the world wide system of HAARP "heaters," and are also places where local history has gods coming out of each vortex. These areas are designated as safe zones (by the petroglyphs) for a future event possibly related to the sun. This is all mentioned in this story which should excite any conspiracy minded folks. (It is 53 pages long.) The petroglyphs mentioned in the story can be seen here.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

ancientlosttreasures.yuku.com...

Here is just a great great place to spend some time for one and all. You can get lost in here for hours.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join