It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Language of Universal Symbols Discovered

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter
reply to post by Logarock

Hiya Logarock.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Cygnus_Hunter]

Thanks for the list. I see several there that are worldwide. Like the bird track, spiral and concentric ring.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Hiya again,thats true Logarock,but it doesn't come close to proving the proto-petraglyph theory.

Edit: I mean circles in different culture could widely differ from representations from the sun to the moon and even water-holes.And bird track symbols are world wide because there are birds pretty much everywhere in the world.It doesn't take a leap of faith to believe that man evolved symbolism similar,but not connected to other cultures around the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Well actual it does when you have other indicators present. The bird track thing is just a nickname. They're not bird tracks.

Most petrographic art is made by shaman and the language in art is universal in so many ways. Common themes represented by similar or identical terms, oral traditions of events ect.

When you find say swastikas (copper) in american Indian mounds you have context resurrection and rebirth as used everywhere the symbol is found ( even with Hitler the swastika way used in its original frame to represent the resurrection of Germany) plus in the same mound you have the eagle claw with ka spirit representation as its used in Egypt you have a very clear contact representation there. You can goggle all that and look at it yourself.

I just dont compare symbols and try to build a mountain on the similarities as some do or have done. I look at meaning, context, style, associations, historical use, ect ect. There is much to learn when the boundaries are expanded from the obvious.

The early Australians did use the regular KA I have copies in my files.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
One of the first things any thinking person will trash in an in depth cross cultural examination of similar symbol usage is the idea of independent development. Its flat earth. Take it to the bank from someone who has spent thousands of hours pouring over it.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Logarock]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hiya Logarock.

Could you provide a picture of the KA symbol used by the Aborigines?(in context please.)

In Aboriginal art a bird footprint is just that,a footprint.To their credit,Aboriginal symbolism is quite literal.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
One of the first things any thinking person will trash in an in depth cross cultural examination of similar symbol usage is the idea of independent development. Its flat earth. Take it to the bank from someone who has spent thousands of hours pouring over it.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Logarock]

I think we should separate "shape",from symbol or meaning,lest people get confused.Shapes can have different meanings from one culture to another.

Does that mean that shapes developed independently?Not always.
Can it be that meaning and symbolism attributed to certain shapes can differ from one culture to another,from one continent to another?Certainly.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
On the picture of the symbols in the OPs linked article, they are clearly photoshopped, caption aside. Look at the lines that pass OVER the cracks in the rock. There are no deviations in the lines, and that, my friends, is not possible unless the symbols are cut out paper and glued onto the rock face OR photoshopped.

Sorry, but I call hoax...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Oreyeon]

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Oreyeon]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
After doing a bit more research Ive finally found the a research paper on the petroglyphs that the OP's link source says is a part of the proto-petroglyphs.

ROCK ENGRAVINGS OF PANARAMITEE STATION,
NORTH-EASTERN SOUTH AUSTRALIA
BY C. P. MOUNTFORD AND R. EDWARDS

www.samuseum.sa.gov.au...

I cannot find any credible source that indicates that these rock carvings are anything but the indigenous Australians own ideas,and experiences.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Why must this be signs of a "language" of any sort?

These kind of carvings, or sometimes paintings, are common from all over the world, that is correct.
Most common are the "sun wheel" (cross within circle) and also the mentioned "swastika". How this has come to be is not entierly certain, but hey, in this world only one thing is: death.

But these carvings are not letters. They are not part of any spoken language.

Can people please keep their pants on?

Atlanteans...nice theory. Sorry it ain't gonna be more than just that; a theory.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
anyone watch the Kevin Smith show? There was a video on this last week, not sure of the date, think it was the Wednesday show. It was about 45 minutes of looking at petroglyphs around one area of Phoenix (USA). They were basically comparing the petroglyphs in and around the Rockies to the MANY lights and objects in the sky:

petroglyphs in the Sky

I warn you, the 'rap' music that plays when you enter the site is....interesting!

worth a look though.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I hate to be rude, but don't be so daft Oreyeon!!! they have drawn over the original petroglyphs so that they are visible in the photos. Otherwise digital compression would make the original markings nearly impossible to comprehend (especially on my dodgy laptop screen). And yes, I'm sure they did use Photoshop to 'draw' in the markings.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnus_Hunter

I think we should separate "shape",from symbol or meaning,lest people get confused.Shapes can have different meanings from one culture to another.

Nobody will argue with that. If a person is honest in his studies he will have to understand that symbols morph. But so often even in the morphology the core remains.

Here something for you.

The southwestern Indian mythical personage of Kokopelli. There are hundreds of rock art tributes to this person all over that southwest us. A full study will show that Kokopelli is none other than a regional Pan interpretation.

Pan we know from Greek but the Greek version is a morph of the much older concept found in early Egypt and Mesopotamia.

Pan or Kokopelli is a musical playing, flute most often, mesmerizer of young women and animals with sound for any number of reasons. He has many powers and attributes. He represents the ultimate in magical shamanistic powers. I could go on.

The southwestern US version found venerated in rock art is most like the ancient Egyptian version in comparison. Generally shown with phallus exposed in both cultures. Many other similarities transfer in art but in more importantly the story is the same.

I have the good fortune to have been able to order and purchase books. Internet information may fail to serve here. Maybe not. At any rate there should be enough info on Kokopelli on the net to compare him to Pan. The Egyptian info took a lot of digging in libraries.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Thats Professor Berry Fell Harvard No 1 rated university in the world.

Dude I know all about this distraction that the elite control freak schools of archeology has put on Fell. I cant and neither should anyone here respect anything you say about him.

Not looking for anyones' respect, especially yours, which would be anathema to me.

Harvard educated Marine Biologist Barry Fell should have stuck to Marine Biology instead of making an utter fool of himself in his pretense of knowledge of epigraphics, just as Caltech PhD in Mathematical Physics and Physical Chemistry and Nobel Laureate Linus Pauling should have stuck to Physical Chemistry and Mathematical Physics instead of making an utter fool of himself in his pretense of knowledge in Medicine and the treatment for viral infection.

Exposition of fraud committed by Fell can be found in this article, not that I expect many to read it:
A Linguistic Analysis of Some West Virginia Petroglyphs

Harte

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogarockHere something for you.
The southwestern Indian mythical personage of Kokopelli. ... A full study will show that Kokopelli is none other than a regional Pan interpretation.

Couldn't you legitimately say that Kokopelli and Pan are both reflections of a very common assemblege of attributes? I'm sure that the Pied Piper, come to think of it, is yet another variation as is Loki. You also have Sun gods all over the place, but that doesn't connect any further dots beyond perhaps a proto-religion. It doesn't shout diffusion.

Nice call though, I hadn't thought of the connection.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Hiya Logarock,

The only thing I'm interested in is the link they have made with the proto-canaanite glyphs and the Australian aboriginal glyphs.There is NO subject matter available that (other than pseudo archeological web-pages),links the rock engravings of panaramitee station,to the proto-canaanite glyphs.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Harvard educated Marine Biologist Barry Fell should have stuck to Marine Biology instead of making an utter fool of himself in his pretense of knowledge of epigraphics...Harte

Or as a prominant New World archaeologist said to me once: "As an epigrapher, Barry Fell is one heck of a Marine Biologist".

I've walked sites...with a Native guide...that Fell cited. The kindest thing I can say is that Fell's greatest diagnostic tool seems to have been the "Intuitive Leap". I can't say that everything he said or observed was wrong, but he did ruin his reputation by indulging in sheer speculation. He knew the laws of science, so you can't say he didn't know better.

Now look up George McMullen and Norman Emerson for a more interesting tease of the scientific process.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Anyone reading here should note hearts opening line, it says it all.

Anyway, anyone one that can gain a degree at Harvard should be given an ear even if they want to do study outside their field. As you know fields of study overlap and people that can master one field surly have the capacity to master another.

Heart here believes one should be a good little boy and stay in one field and your crap if you go outside and challenge school thinking in another. Hell Einstein was a high school flunky!

Anyway Fell did jump the gun once and lured into working on a fake. He was probably set up. He later retracted what he said about it and publicly acknowledged the example was a fake, made by some locals looking for glory.

You listen to heart here you will learn nothing.

Besides this there are many others with credentials who have worked in this field. ALL HAVE BEEN SMEARED by the likes of truth hating abomination and stains on the progress of truth and knowledge such as heart.

Heart presides like an BEAST at the gateway of knowledge. He is but a little peep squeak with a big bark and little bite and easy foil to a veteran warrior of truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Harte

Now look up George McMullen and Norman Emerson for a more interesting tease of the scientific process.

Oh a wise ass.

What would you do with McGlone, Trento, Massingham, Gordon, Verrill, Goodwin, Mavor, Dix, Bailey and many more? Even some of these men that acknowledge that Fell made some mistakes as a pioneer also acknowledge his major contributions.

You probably have not even familiar with half these names. Anyway they are all full of crap?

On lookers should notice the way you isolate one person in the crowd and tear him apart. The truth is there is a vast body of work with many contributors and to much truth to be ignored.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Logarock]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Back to the friendly debate

Is anyone going to refute the evidence I've put forth on the misinterpretation of the panaramitee rock engravings?

Ive got to crash guys (early in the am),catch you all later!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Cygnus_Hunter]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Oh a wise ass.

On lookers should notice the way you isolate one person in the crowd and tear him apart. The truth is there is a vast body of work with many contributors and to much truth to be ignored.

I'm not sure what makes me a "wise ass" here, but I suppose I should thank you. Now...why am I singling out Fell? Because I am immediately familiar with some of what he cites, but primarily because I was answering the following post. You may have seen it before:

There is a ton of information out there. Look up Berry Fell for starters and a primer.

Just because it's been published, doesn't mean it's true. And just because somebody says you're mistaken, that doesn't imply a conspiracy. Even here. Capiche?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join