It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should we have compassion for psychopaths?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I can see having compassion if I was seeing them suffering the consequences of their psychopathic actions....

Otherwise no compassion for psychopaths that are getting away with being that way. I have no patience and try to stay away from negative/psychopaths.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyReally

um, the victim? nooo, especially knowing how many victims of psychopaths die.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
No, we do not need compassion for psychopaths.

In fact, highest priority should be to lock them away from society or (if possible) terminate them. (Dead sentence if crimes are committed)

There are some recent cases of psychopathic behaviour, eg. the Norway killer or recently Luka Magnotta and similar. AGAIN...we have to undergo weeks of trials and spend additional tax money for idiotic trials to "determine" whether obvious dangerous and totally nuts people are "really nuts"....i feel personally angered and offended seeing there is countless, obvious POINTLESS trials going on eg, for Breivik, instead of simply locking them away for good - case closed.

The same goes for death sentence. I am not some redneck etc. who would right out support death sentences, but in many cases we have VERY dangerous, deranged people who are in fact a big danger to the society. They spread hate, murder and death and the world would be better without them.

And if there is an obvious benefit for everyone in getting rid of people like Magnotta (who would deny there would?) - then a death sentence should actually be considered. The well-being of a single psychopath can not have preference over the well-being of many others.

So, no, i don't have compassion for psychopaths.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aaaiii

um, the victim? nooo, especially knowing how many victims of psychopaths die.

So you would rather rape and chop up a little girl? That wouldn't be more disturbing than if it was being done to you?

And to reiterate, you can still believe in the death penalty for psychopathic serial killers and still have compassion for them. It's just a matter of accepting reality for what it is, and that there really is no such thing as Free Will. Causes happen, and then there are effects. You turned out normal. Someone else turned out abnormal. Lucky you.
edit on 14-6-2012 by ConspiracyReally because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

as someone who is normal, your example upsets me, yes.

as a psycho with no conscience, I don't know what grotesque is to normal people.

I'd rather be the psycho than the little girl raped and chopped to pieces.

the little girl has a heart and knows exactly what is happening to her.

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

as someone who is normal, your example upsets me, yes.

as a psycho with no conscience, I don't know what grotesque is to normal people.

I'd rather be the psycho than the little girl raped and chopped to pieces.

the little girl has a heart and knows exactly what is happening to her.

I'd rather suffer until my death than be the one making the suffering happening. The latter is far more hellish to me. But to each his own opinion in a hypothetical scenario.
I'd rather be Good, vulnerable to Evil, than be Evil.

Regardless, you can have understanding and compassion for why people are the way they are - and STILL believe there is evil in the world and it is must be contained/terminated. Again, it's not either/or....

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The best solution would be to build a hidden shack somewhere in a wooded area, which would be used for their rehabilitation and therapy. The environment will help with calming the person. Also, screaming and other forms of audio should be suggested to the patient by the staff.
edit on 20-6-2012 by letmetellYOUmaaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Once you stop having Mercy / Compassion, you disconnect from The Whole (God). We are like The Cells of God, if we are not in Mercy / Love, then we are disconnected Cancer cells.

If you do not have mercy for your enemy, they will just get angrier and act even worse to others. Keep mercy, to the mentally ill and the victom, and always keep Hope that things will be better while acting in Mercy for a more connected world.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I think they should be ignored at least....locked away, at best....my ex husband is one.....I tried to rationalize and forgive.....for 20 years...until I finally understood that he was a sociopath....that this was NOT fixable....and that he had no conscience, remorse, or care whatsoever, about any other human except himself....if you know one...RUN... never do business with, date, marry, go traveling with....or, in any situation...TRUST....ever.....the best thing you can do is keep them out of your life and your world...that is the only fix you, yourself can effect.....don't bother trying anything else....you will waste your time and your sanity...and the object of your efforts won't change or give one damn about your efforts....I ramble...but, I hope my point is taken...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Some people are better off dead for the greater good of humanity.

We are only recetly inventing the capabilities to rehabilitate mentaly flawed individuals. What pshyco would kill somone if he knew the nanobots in his blood stream would leave him in unending aggony for 5-10 years.

You just have to make it unattractive using all means technology gives you. Now all we need is a good king.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head with this post. I too see this behavior becoming more common to the point it's glamorized look at who our society worships. Completely pathological people. Look no further than people like Kim Kardashian. The narcissism, the ruthlessness to get attention at any cost, the shallowness of every statement they make. the life choices that fuel nothing in the long term and are all short term indulgences.

It's literally sick. and it's becoming an epidemic. It's literally one of societies great downfalls. it's the reason we are in the position we are in today. Everybody is out for themselves only. Look at our corporations and politicians. We are a country full of sociopaths and psychopaths and we are tipping more and more so in the direction of being completely sociopathic.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Aren't you a psychopath as well if you want them to suffer?...

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Psychopath-
Emotionally unstable always making resolutions but never a decision....harmless

Ya need to watch out for the sociopath however....very dangerous

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

We should have compassion for psychopaths when they cross that line and kill because of their nature we should have empathy . We as humane people , should put a bullet through his head and put him out of his and our misery.

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

This is a common misconception. I dont know a lot about psychology, but i can tell you that Breivik and in particular Luka Magnotta KNEW EXACTLY about the sickness of their actions.

Breivik also knew exactly and STILL knows about what he actually did - the worse, they dont give a **** about it, it was actually their main intention to shock and let the world know about it.

Magnotta, for example before he released the video (which is almost impossible to describe in what it actually shows, it's just so sick)...he asked on a psychology forum about whether anyone saw that sick video and how to classify the one who made the video in terms of psychological defect.

Short: He knew EXACTLY that what he is doing is sick, deranged, totally insane (same as with the cat killing videos).... he knew exactly that anyone who sees the video will know that the person committing the acts must be a psychopath or otherwise not right in their head. Only by knowing about the actual attrocities and sickness of his action he actually got the kick out of making the videos and then shocking the other people with it.

This is 100% different than some "fantasy psychopath" from a movie where we always assume they are crazy and in fact (due to a mental defect) don't really know what they are actually doing.

It is also true that there are and were (in the past) sick murderers etc. who did really twisted and wild stuff (google Ed Gein or read the book: -, but then BECAUSE they were, in some way, quite aware of their actions...did not make them public but committed the crimes behind closed doors - or at least TRIED not to get caught.

With those "new" types of psychopaths (Breivik, Magnotta)...the committing of the crime is only the one half...the other important thing for them is that anyone knows what they did and as shock as much as possible...their main intention in the first place.

edit on 20-6-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Throw em' back in the pool. Not out of anger, but out of love -- for ourselves.

Better luck next incarnation.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
What is wrong with people?

You say all these things about people with conditions, as if you are better than them.

They are HUMAN BEINGS, no matter what they have done.

Sure, people do something ####ed up and deserve to be punished. But jail, and murder is never appropriate, and will do nothing but continue the cycle.

Someone that you label as a "psychopath" is probably that way, due to treatment done to him by other humans, that made his brain and synapses "snap" and make him think evil things, and ways to get back at society. Which is understandable. Look at the military. Someone bombs us, shoots our civilians, and what do we do back? We do the same damn thing back. The military acts as one massive entity, ran by people.

Shunning somebody from society never works. Ask Napolean and the French.

The ideas in this thread will just continue our cycle of labeling and ###ty circumstances which to live in.

Instead of shunning, look at their perspective. Why are they that way?
If it is because they are treated wrong, why not try to do acts of kindness to them, in attempt to sway them? They might try and take advantage of that and use you, but all one would have to do is simply watch, and act if that does happen. Take it away from them, and don't associate with them. Sooner or later he/she will adapt to that, it is what humans do.

Treat HUMANS like HUMANS. Not like they are some lesser animal.

I don't know how to say it more clearly.
Would you like to be treated like a turd left to bake in the sun if you commit an act that is frowned upon? What if you simply want to distance yourself from the "normal" people? Should you be shunned, because you are of no use?

Someday people will learn. Hopefully soon, but it will happen.

Good day and good vibes to all.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trappenin
What is wrong with people?

You say all these things about people with conditions, as if you are better than them.

They are HUMAN BEINGS, no matter what they have done.

Sure, people do something ####ed up and deserve to be punished. But jail, and murder is never appropriate, and will do nothing but continue the cycle.

Someone that you label as a "psychopath" is probably that way, due to treatment done to him by other humans, that made his brain and synapses "snap" and make him think evil things, and ways to get back at society. Which is understandable. Look at the military. Someone bombs us, shoots our civilians, and what do we do back? We do the same damn thing back. The military acts as one massive entity, ran by people.

Shunning somebody from society never works. Ask Napolean and the French.

The ideas in this thread will just continue our cycle of labeling and ###ty circumstances which to live in.

Instead of shunning, look at their perspective. Why are they that way?
If it is because they are treated wrong, why not try to do acts of kindness to them, in attempt to sway them? They might try and take advantage of that and use you, but all one would have to do is simply watch, and act if that does happen. Take it away from them, and don't associate with them. Sooner or later he/she will adapt to that, it is what humans do.

Treat HUMANS like HUMANS. Not like they are some lesser animal.

I don't know how to say it more clearly.
Would you like to be treated like a turd left to bake in the sun if you commit an act that is frowned upon? What if you simply want to distance yourself from the "normal" people? Should you be shunned, because you are of no use?

Someday people will learn. Hopefully soon, but it will happen.

Good day and good vibes to all.

I think you're going to get a lot of negative responses for this...but I completely agree. I'm not sure if jail or the death penalty can be avoided in such a huge, dysfunctional society that we have today, but if everything was perfect, it could be.

I've always had sympathy for serial killers and other varieties of "evil," and never understood why others didn't. I would never want to be evil, I would never want to live in that kind of world - again, I'd rather be the victim of evil, than evil itself. Now that I have a baby boy, I have zero tolerance for the behaviors of these people... but I still see them for what they are... f-ed up!!!! What is it that a serial killer who rapes and murders a little kid is GETTING? It's not like they're doing it for money, or for the good kind of fame... that is SAD. That is SAD that they "get off" to making others suffer. What is enviable about that?

Anyways, to break it down, I've always viewed people as balls on a pool table. Various things make us who we are - we got hit by another ball, we got poked by the pool stick, etc - and things just end up how they end up. It's not that I don't believe in external, more invisible forces - like good and evil, for example - but things just are the way they are. Hating people, vengeance, it does nothing. You can still protect the population from evil without seeking vengeance. In fact, I'd say you're more capable of doing that when your mind is not so cluttered with hate.

I think people are fearful that if they show sympathy for lesser humans - those that have succumbed to evil - that they will get "had," or somehow Evil will win. But what they don't get, is all those violent or hateful urges just bring them down to Evil's level.

We have more to gain by understanding and preventing these evil behaviors, than we do by harnessing our own evil tendencies to punish them.
edit on 22-6-2012 by ConspiracyReally because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join