It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. rattled as Mexico drug war bleeds over border

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinister_scarecrow

I think what he means is that Texans think that they are their own country and spill nothing but bravado about themselves.They talk about doing this and doing that (walking into anywhere and just gun slinging all of Americas problems away).I would venture to say that one of Texas' (many boastful) motto's should be "everything is big in Texas but nothing is quite big as our ego". Win one war called the Alamo (allegedly) and the old man on the porch never shuts up with the stories about it. I must apologize, that was not totally verbatim concerning what he was saying, but I'm sure that he was implying that we are all tired of hearing about how great Texas is and how well they can save America, despite the evidence that Texas seems to be the very cancer of America in most instances of political involvement. What he is trying to tell you is that the great 'country' of Texas is so inundated with Mexican cartels and 'border hoppers' that YOU (the indigenous Texan) are slightly outnumbered by those you supposedly defeated at the Alamo. It seems while Texas was bragging, the Mexicans were preparing how to get their land back and indeed, it looks as if Texas belongs to Mexico already, I mean, I have been there and the first words I think of when someone says Texas is pompous jerk, fat people, cheating 'out of control' women, and oh yeah, Mexico.

Really I am not sure where to begin with this one.

1. The fight for Texas Independence included the Battle at the Alamo, in which we lost, thus the later battle cry "Remember the Alamo!" later used in conflicts between the Texas and Mexican malitia/armies. We won the war,

2. We do indeed have plenty of State Pride and also we have our share of loudmouths. I am not a boastful person, thus I am also not one of those guys with the Texas belt buckle, tattoo, or bumper sticker. Please don't judge us all by what you see on television.

3. Being that the Bush family lives here, we have a bad reputation in the political arena. I didn't vote for either of them. People overlook Ross Perot, a smart business man who ran against Bush Sr. and Clinton. He was a very bright individual, but suffered badly because a) he was an independent and b) he had a nasty southern accent. We also have Ron Paul. If you are a Constitutionalist then you would like the guy. If you don't like the Bill of Rights then you probably don't like him.

To close, I feel it is really unfortunate that you chose to attack my State rather than allow the gentleman to explain what I may have missed.

Oh wow, almost forgot. Its March 2nd, HAPPY TEXAS INDEPENDENCE DAY!!! (Mar 02, 1836)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mexican against NAU
I already know how to poison water and food supplies, plus defend my surroundings.

No need, your water and food are already poisonous to us, lol.

I wouldn't worry too much about our troops on your soil, they're already on just about everybody else's...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Antmax21-

Well, I wouldn't put anything past the CIA at this point, but I would like to see something other than heresay. If you find anything else, such as a blog article or a real news article, can you post it on here?

Of course, I'm sure you won't be able to find anything in writing, because deep investigative journalism pretty much went by the wayside as soon as the media (newspapers and TV news) started getting bought up by big corporations, so investigative journalism is now a thing of the past. So now, the only people who are doing all the investigative journalism are outraged individuals who aren't organized and therefore don't have the protections that are given to the press, so they can be jailed, harrassed, etc. when they start digging too deep and start asking too many questions.

That's the problem with allowing the media to get bought up by large corporations....there are very few "real journalists" to investigate anymore. And now look....all the newspapers are closing. The newspapers were the last watchdogs of the government.....and now: poof! They are going under right when we need them the most.

So now, it's "underground news sites" like this and other sites that have to fill in the gaps where the newspapers left off.

Anyway, if you or anyone anyone here on ATS can find a (credible) recent link showing that the CIA is posing as drug cartel members, can you post it here?

Edit:

You know, I just thought of something else. The collapse of the American newspapers at this critical time in America could be another conspiracy in itself. Just when we need investigative journalism the most, it seems to be collapsing. There are no real journalists out there spotlighting the important issues of the day: the increasing violence on the border, where the missing TARP money went, etc... Instead, we have pretty anchorwomen discussing trivial news.

Hmmm.....seriously, maybe the collapse of the newspapers was planned, just like the collapse of the economy was planned.

I think I'm going to start another thread on this....

Edit #2:

I started a thread on this subject, in case anyone is interested:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 2-3-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
It was our drug war that spilled into mexico and has pretty much destroyed their entire country.
We are the reason for the cartels and the bloodshed, now we are starting to feel the effects that they have had to live with for so long and its their fault?
Im sorry but we need to man up and accept the fact that we are the reason that Mexico is on the brink of total collapse.

The producer of a poisonous product blaming its customers for using the poison. Imagine that?

Close the border then. Drug War ends. Drug supply ends. Cartels dry up without any money. Mexico takes care of its own or dies on its own. Jobs open up for our unemployed as the millions of criminals stop streaming across our border.

Mexico has had a hell of a free ride. We can't afford to take care of part of its citizens any more. Time for Mexico to support itself. When Mexico's economy collapsed, who stepped in to help? Now do they return the favor? Of course not, because they can't and never will be able too.

This nonsense of saying we should do nothing now because we screwed up in the past has got to stop. The flood of crime from Mexico has got to stop. We don't have any extra jobs. We don't have any extra money. We screwed up by not closing the border years ago, so lets not compound that by leaving the border open now.

The only people who want the border wide open is the criminals and those who want to take advantage of us, so screw that nonsense. Of course they want the border open. They are the criminals.

Honest people won't have any problem with the border closed. They will still be able to travel freely.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I already know how to poison water and food supplies, plus defend my surroundings.

No need, your water and food are already poisonous to us, lol.

I wouldn't worry too much about our troops on your soil, they're already on just about everybody else's...

I am glad my food and water are poisonous to you. lol.

I will defend my soil from ANY intruder, even if I have to use my bare hands. lol. American will have to learn that my country is not theirs, nor are they the owners of Earth to go spoiling any lands they forcefully grab.

If your troops step on my soil, I´d LOVE to greet them personally. lol.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor
[Go out and take a walk or get drunk. Stop immersing yourself in doom and gloom. ]

Yes, ignore the terrible times we live in, and don't do anything about it except go out and drink yourselves to death.

Ignorance is Bliss... Don't question authority... and a host of other comments that ostriches say.

Not.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I completely agree with you. I am in Mexico and I couldn´t agree with you more. Close the borders and keep the stench in as America rots. At least the racist part of America will rot and die as it goes into full blown crisis.

I worry and feel for those who are not racists who will be in need to flee from the stench that is growing within America´s borders. I wish I could help those.

America needs to learn to ask, not demand.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
When I lived there a few years ago, all the spring breakers were told to start avoiding border towns, because the violence was getting too bad. I am surpsrised it moved into Phoenix this quickly.

Phoenix is an indicator city. What happens there is gonna show what happens everywhere. I knew the housing bubble burst about 10 months before it happened because the real estate suddenly stopped there.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I will defend my soil from ANY intruder, even if I have to use my bare hands. lol. American will have to learn that my country is not theirs, nor are they the owners of Earth to go spoiling any lands they forcefully grab.

Holy crap that's ironic...but, I feel the same way about Mexicans. Since we both agree, how bout you keep your people off our land, and we'll return the favor. Fair trade?

If your troops step on my soil, I´d LOVE to greet them personally. lol.

Yeah, many have said the same thing...

[edit on 2-3-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RetinoidReceptor

...Don't worry about the hard times we live in, just get drunk? .. Really? Honestly.. that's all you have to say.. !@$ it, get drunk.

Wow. Ends my search as to where the apathy that caused the hard times we live in came from.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Blaine91555

I completely agree with you. I am in Mexico and I couldn´t agree with you more. Close the borders and keep the stench in as America rots. At least the racist part of America will rot and die as it goes into full blown crisis.

I worry and feel for those who are not racists who will be in need to flee from the stench that is growing within America´s borders. I wish I could help those.

America needs to learn to ask, not demand.

Who are you kidding. I've been in Mexican towns away from the fake tourist traps.

This has not a single thing to do with Racism and you know it. It has to do with criminals who illegally cross the border hidden among those who just want work. To those who are just trying to get work to feed their families I'm all for a system to let them come as long as they have an employer on this end. It's the drug trash and the criminals that needs to be stopped.

What needs to happen is the decent people from the US need to get together with the decent people of Mexico, close the damn border and work out a way that workers can safely get in and out of the US to work. We could have a good relationship, but obviously there are those who don't want that. The high ups in both Governments who are pocketing all the cash I suspect. Why else would that border still be as open as it is?

Instead of lying and calling innocent people Racist's, perhaps some intelligent conversation would accomplish something? Spewing hate is certainly not working is it?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Reply to Nemox 42- Nice try, you asked for statistics, I gave you the statistics, obviously you didn't read them. The site you gave was for overall crime, Not Violent Crime (world of difference). I'm a little confused, I'm sure that my other two post indicated "Violent Crime", did you misread that like you have a number of other post, you have responded to on this thread. Additionally, those stats were for total crime, not broken down by population size. Obviously your smart enough to form complete sentences, try breaking those numbers down, by the total population. You will never hear me argue that we have one of the highest gun deaths rates, but the other countries homocide rates make up for it with knifes, rocks, baseball bats, acid, you name it. The last time I checked, a good chunk of Europe has been overrun by third world nightmares and anarchist. Have you had a chance to stroll through the Suburbs of Paris recently, nearly as fun as our southern border. I've lived in both Germany and England for short periods of time (courtesy of the US.Army) and there's definitely "no go" zones, like we have in the States. This also brings us back to you wanting firearms banned here in the States. Mexico has a ban on firearms, look how well that works for them. This current mess, we have with Mexico, is not fully fueled by U.S. weapons as you seem to believe. Handguns are our biggest illegal import to the drug cartels. Most of the full auto assault rifles, gernades, rocket launchers etc... are coming in from the rest of Latin America and a few others outside countries that have a vested interest in screwing with us. These are the weapons they are using most to rain terror on their citizens. If your going to respond back, try reading the papers I gave you, rather than using a rebuttal from the Enquire.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
So what's being done? The Texas reps had said they would act if the Govt didn't so.. are they acting? Please don't take this as racist or mean but they need to act now and stop this from spreading, shut down the borders till the Mexican Govt can get that &%$* under control. Texas (national guard?) needs to act now and go to Phoenix and root out those people immediately. Show them that this kind of &*^% is not what we need right and and we just wont stand for it. Yes the Drug war is bad, everybody knows it, but kidnapping and all that other stuff has to go.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

The Texas Guard cannot go into Phoenix, because Phoenix is in Arizona, a separate state. We have our own national guard units, which should have been deployed to the border years ago.

But wait...the Fed says....we have the Border Patrol for that. So, what happens to the Border Patrol when they do their job? They get thrown into prison for defending their country when they shot a drug trafficker. Thanks for your service, we'll just throw you in prison for violating the rights of the drug trafficker.

So, the Feds won't send in the National Guard to guard our nation where it is the most vulnerable to invasion and violence right now, and they punish the Border Patrol for actually (gasp!) patrolling our borders.

If nobody else doesn't think that there's something screwy with that......it is beyond me how you can miss something so obvious.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autonomous

Originally posted by sinister_scarecrow

I think what he means is that Texans think that they are their own country and spill nothing but bravado about themselves.They talk about doing this and doing that (walking into anywhere and just gun slinging all of Americas problems away).I would venture to say that one of Texas' (many boastful) motto's should be "everything is big in Texas but nothing is quite big as our ego". Win one war called the Alamo (allegedly) and the old man on the porch never shuts up with the stories about it. I must apologize, that was not totally verbatim concerning what he was saying, but I'm sure that he was implying that we are all tired of hearing about how great Texas is and how well they can save America, despite the evidence that Texas seems to be the very cancer of America in most instances of political involvement. What he is trying to tell you is that the great 'country' of Texas is so inundated with Mexican cartels and 'border hoppers' that YOU (the indigenous Texan) are slightly outnumbered by those you supposedly defeated at the Alamo. It seems while Texas was bragging, the Mexicans were preparing how to get their land back and indeed, it looks as if Texas belongs to Mexico already, I mean, I have been there and the first words I think of when someone says Texas is pompous jerk, fat people, cheating 'out of control' women, and oh yeah, Mexico.

Really I am not sure where to begin with this one.

1. The fight for Texas Independence included the Battle at the Alamo, in which we lost, thus the later battle cry "Remember the Alamo!" later used in conflicts between the Texas and Mexican malitia/armies. We won the war,

2. We do indeed have plenty of State Pride and also we have our share of loudmouths. I am not a boastful person, thus I am also not one of those guys with the Texas belt buckle, tattoo, or bumper sticker. Please don't judge us all by what you see on television.

3. Being that the Bush family lives here, we have a bad reputation in the political arena. I didn't vote for either of them. People overlook Ross Perot, a smart business man who ran against Bush Sr. and Clinton. He was a very bright individual, but suffered badly because a) he was an independent and b) he had a nasty southern accent. We also have Ron Paul. If you are a Constitutionalist then you would like the guy. If you don't like the Bill of Rights then you probably don't like him.

To close, I feel it is really unfortunate that you chose to attack my State rather than allow the gentleman to explain what I may have missed.

Oh wow, almost forgot. Its March 2nd, HAPPY TEXAS INDEPENDENCE DAY!!! (Mar 02, 1836)

I didn't get the real scoop about Texas from a bumper sticker or a television.....I WAS MARRIED TO ONE! I met her family and did my time in Texas, I met alot of people there and when I left I was the happiest person alive. I have never gone back and if I can help it, I never will. I never cared much about Texas history, wasn't my home, but if you lost the Alamo....then what really is there to boast about? I am just curious, as I have been there and heard all of the boasting but it was about Texas in general. Almost like everyone rides the coattails of Texas success. I am just curious as to what the bragging rights are exactly. What is all of this pride founded on? Some examples:

Basketball = Springfield, Massachusetts

Atomic bomb = Chicago (later moved to New Mexico proving grounds)

Airplane = NC

Various stealth technologies/tons of other technologies = Nevada

First programmable computer = Iowa

Artificial Heart - Willem Kolf (1950-67) (although born in Netherlands) invented the AH in cleveland, Ohio.
California = Hollywood/Movies

As far as I know and have heard Texas = Bush family and war and greed for oil. Enlighten the rest of the world because I am not alone here, Only Texas likes Texas.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
one thing you have to ask yourself is this...

concerning the drug trade... "where's the most demand coming from??" hmmmmm?

all trade needs demand to survive.
without demand trade would not exist.

-

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i agree some texans talk alot. they also do what they say. no drug lord runs my town or has influence, and the little meth cookers dont stay in business for long around here either. i live on I35 aka drug traffic highway of the United States, and i used to live on I95 which traffics from New York to Fl, so i have seen some big bust. but here they are either staking out a hotel lab or a grow house every other day. lots of stores in my area have been robbed at gunpoint, but not mine. at one point i had some illegals pluging up to my electrical outlets and stealing electricity at night from me. the second night i stopped it. im sure word was spread what i carry on me. no problems since.

for the guy who replied to me about "lets get together and hi haw go on down to mexico and take it over heehaww", i dont know how my post came off to you as good ol boy but thats not me. i dont dislike mexicans nor do i want to invade them, i just dont want drug crime in my neighborhood, at my store or in my country. we have enough of our own drug crime committers here like latinos, blacks and even whites that another countries isnt needed. im not asking anyone to come round them up with me, but i will if my country ask me to. im just saying when it spills over here full blown, and you become a victim of violent crime, and it can happen to you even if you stay at home and mind your own business, you do not want to watch helplessly as your family killed or worse. so arm yourself because like it or not bad guys will always have guns, and they rely on intimidation. most likely when they realize they are up against an armed opponent who isnt scared they will flee and you wont even have to use your firearm. either way you just gave yourself a chance in an otherwise hopeless situation.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hey all new to ATS

I have to say that The Drug war is big business and I don't see that stopping.

much like the having a cure for the common cold. Having that cure would ruin a lot of companies, getting rid of a vast amount of people that benefit from there not being a cure.

My guess that is why the main reason there is no fence or a large enough force to correctly deal with the problem. The problem actually benefits the country, (i.e.) than if there was a better deterrent.

My two cents, while they are still worth it!

Arxangel

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Mexican against NAU

merican will have to learn that my country is not theirs

That is true, and I agree. However, 30,000,000 illegal aliens sure do think that OUR country is theirs also. You take them back, and we'll call it even.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
one thing you have to ask yourself is this...

concerning the drug trade... "where's the most demand coming from??" hmmmmm?

all trade needs demand to survive.
without demand trade would not exist.

-

Things you will never read about in the news.

The Drug Overlords Filed for Bankrupcy today, seeking chapter 11 protection.

These guys, will never go bankrupt. What are they doing wrong.
Even with Crops destroyed, Cars, Planes , Choppers confiscated they
still manage to make a profit and buy more Cars, Planes, Choppers.

If these were listed on the Stock Market, they would easily out perform
any Wall Street stock.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join