It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. rattled as Mexico drug war bleeds over border

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
you guys don't get it. if the federal gov sits back until its really bad,they will make a deal to send troops into mexico"to calm things down."
once we have a prearranged deal and the troops are in,they will propose a north american union,since bush already signed our borders away.

THEY SAID WE WOULD ASK FOR IT,AND THEY WOULDN'T HAVE TO FORCE IT ON US.

this is why there is no response from the federales. hell,they're probably running this show.
create a problem,and offer a solution

they get:
gun control
money from selling arms to the mexicans
american union
change economy to ameros
create a permanent base in mexico
control the flow of goods into the US
and they're probably,as in the past,supplying the drugs
AH! forgot one
they make money from contractors who house prisoners
just by waiting.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

So let me see if I have this right...you want to LEGALIZE drugs and make guns ILLEGAL? Do I have this right? Your rationale is that if guns are illegal, nobody will have guns...and that drugs must be made legal because laws against drugs don't stop people from getting drugs.

IF that is your position, I have 1 more question.

How do you keep your head from exploding with that massive contradiction?

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

where exactly is it that you can steal an m16,or a 40 mm grenade?
do you really think that you can buy them at a gun show? they are using fully automatic weapons...american made fully automatic weapons.
it is quite obvious that the federal gov is selling these weapons to either the cartels,or the mexican government.
why do the uninformed think there are huge stashes of automatic weapons that people are selling across the border?
the gov is the only ones with that amount of fully auto guns!
please..reason this out.
there is a reason for the 2nd amendment.
if you gave up all the guns,how would we defend ourselves from these INVADERS?????????

YOU WANT TO MAKE DRUGS LEGAL AND MAKE GUNS ILLEGAL?
well i dont want to alarm you ,but,everyone i know who wants drugs can get them and they are illegal.
on the other hand,guns are legal,and if you want to acquire them you have to have a backround check ,etc.
so logic says that if they cant keep the drugs off the street,why would they do better with guns?
and personally...i dont want to take a knife to a gunfight.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

It's ironic that the US government is spending so much money on things, programs, agencies, etc. that have NOTHING to do with what the Constitutional role of the government actually is, that they can't afford to fulfill the #1 priority of the government - protect our borders.

Well said! The government has that one major role in our Constitution, and yet they are neglecting it above all else at this point!! Yet another reason why we have a reason to protest our government. But when we do speak out on this very issue, people call us "hate-mongers" or "racist" and all sort of other names.

Our borders are not secure! Our government doesn't care and is giving away BILLIONS of our tax money to these illegal immigrants. It pisses me off that I cannot get individual health care insurance, because of a pre-existing health condition (and so I cannot start my own business), and yet I have to work hard to pay taxes that go for health care insurance for all the people who come over here illegally and just jump right on the welfare bandwagon.

I have no problem with welfare for people in our society who truly, truly need it....but if you're here illegaly and getting free heathcare insurance because you're poor, that's an abuse of the system, and it gets me so angry.

In addition, the Mexican and Central American drug gangs are some of the most violent in the world....and our jails are full of them. So, once again, my tax dollars, the ones I work so hard to pay for, are paying to house and care for violent offenders who have should never been allowed to be here in the first place. Yet when we say "ship them out" and "keep them out", WE'RE called hateful.

Do you know that there are federal health clinics all over Phoenix, where the illegal immigrants get FREE health care, paid for by Federal tax dollars. And just a few miles away, there are homeless vets living on the street that can't get into the Arizona Medicaid system because they don't have a current address?? I've literally paid for the medications, out of my own pocket, for a homeless vet who could not get medicaid to pay for his pneumonia medications, and then I had to hand over free medicine to an illegal Mexican family who brought their entire family here and them put them directly on welfare.

As a health care worker, I'm supposed to be impartial, but that gets me angry.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by nikiano]

Yes, it's unbelievable that this is what it has come to. I guess the Vets should go into the clinics and pretend to be illegal aliens.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Impreza

LOL,

Can you imagine if they let us Texans actually do that? We already have the largest Nat'l Guard in the states.

Mexico would become an extension of Texas - that would be crazy. Texas would be HUGE.

At least enchiladas and queso would be cheaper.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I get the Impression from some posters that the only way you can stop
violence, is everybody should be walking around pack'n heat,
have a shotgun in the boot and school kids should have a loaded AK in the locker.

And instead of Closing gun shops and factories, that they should be more
of them and more accessable. The more the merrier, so therefore it must be safer.

And I thought the wild wild west was over, obviously I was wrong.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by skeptic_al

you would be suprised what a "civilan" can do when confronted with protecting his or her family. not all civilans are literally civilans some of us have been there. GOD BLESS TEXAS.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by axistr

Marijuana remains in the system for days, weeks, months, depending on the concentration smoked. So this being said, these individuals that have social conduct issues, i.e. your psychopaths, antisocials, or whatever you want to call them, are running around with a chemical on board increasing their potential for violence, in places like schools, malls, etc... (day light hours), increasing that risk that we or one of our family members may become a back stop for one of their stray bullets. One last thought about dope, if they did regulate it who would be allowed to use it. About the only people that could use it would be slugs who had no job or license. I can't think of a profession where being stoned would be tolerated, let alone accepted. Yea, that would be a hell of a productive individual, I'd hire him- NOT.

[equote]Originally posted by axistr

Whatever Harry J. Smike a joint and you'll kill your brother, and don't listen to jazz.... it's evil.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by brengizzle]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
The second the US military show up on the border you will have the Mexican government screaming bloody murder! although it very well maybe all part of the plan for a NAU or perhaps the invasion of Mexico itself.Have all of you ever notice that most of the time the local cops and DEA only go after the peons the nickel and dime drug dealers and every once in awhile they will actually lock up a kingpin but that rarely happens simply because it's easier for law enforcement to get the low level guys then it is to go after the kingpins,their money men and government sponsors.

Some books on the subject:

1.The Underground Empire by Jim Mills

2. Dark Alliance by Gary Webb

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
God lord - getting kidnapped at the shopping mall? I've been to Phoenix and couldn't imagine walking around thinking I could get kidnapped by drug dealers. This is getting out of control - Mexico is a ticking time bomb.

All the more reason to CARRY and have lots of GUNS. These criminals KNOW the general public is unarmed and are sheep to the slaughter. Easy pickings.

I say mine the US border. Napalm any drug house they find. Overwhelming destruction. That is the only way these sorry excuses for human beings will realize they are being hunted, and that they prey. You could do that with UAV's.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by caballero
It was our drug war that spilled into mexico and has pretty much destroyed their entire country.
We are the reason for the cartels and the bloodshed, now we are starting to feel the effects that they have had to live with for so long and its their fault?
Im sorry but we need to man up and accept the fact that we are the reason that Mexico is on the brink of total collapse.

Hey wait just a second. I'm American and I had nothing to do with it so don't add me to your "we" statement.
I've never purchased a stolen item or a drug in my life and never will.
I also don't hire illegals and won't hire sub-contractors who do.
I also don't hire employees who test positive.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al
reply to post by David9176

I get the Impression from some posters that the only way you can stop
violence, is everybody should be walking around pack'n heat,
have a shotgun in the boot and school kids should have a loaded AK in the locker.

And instead of Closing gun shops and factories, that they should be more
of them and more accessable. The more the merrier, so therefore it must be safer.

And I thought the wild wild west was over, obviously I was wrong.

Unless you noticed, it is the "wild west" on the US/Mexican border right now. Where have you been?

When you see a group of thugs approaching you in broad daylight in a shopping mall parking lot, remind yourself how much safer you are without a gun, and that no one else around you is armed. Warm fuzzy feelings? I think not.

The number of people that are willing to roll over and die instead of fight for themselves is mind-boggling. How could you NOT want to give yourself the upper hand? You think criminals care for your anti-gun passions? You think they are going to "respect" you don't have a gun? They will only see you as easy-pickings. They have nothing to lose. No threat, no fear.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussS86
Told my wife today. Big wall, concertina wire and landmines. Something needs to be done and the politicians need to wake up.

And your solution is idiotic.

We need to end the drug war that is the reason the drug cartels are so powerful, because of OUR DRUG WAR.

Yes, we'll just politely ask that people stop taking drugs.
and people stop selling drugs.

Wait a minute, if drugs don't exist, nobody can sell or take them

Remove the cartels, remove the power base, remove a vast majority of the drugs.

Blame whomever you want for things done in the past but we need to stop the violence now.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It was our drug war that spilled into mexico and has pretty much destroyed their entire country.
We are the reason for the cartels and the bloodshed, now we are starting to feel the effects that they have had to live with for so long and its their fault?
Im sorry but we need to man up and accept the fact that we are the reason that Mexico is on the brink of total collapse.

Wow, I was positive that I would have been the one ending up being the unpopular one and saying this.

Some people like to shoot the messenger.

Star for you!

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
reply to post by caballero

The CIA runs the drugs in this country. This has been documented as FACT. Please mods, don't delete because of this...

Could you post that documentation?
That would probably prevent the post from being deleted.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sun tsu
reply to post by skeptic_al

you would be suprised what a "civilan" can do when confronted with protecting his or her family. not all civilans are literally civilans some of us have been there. GOD BLESS TEXAS.

Where do the number of Accidental self infected and by family members deaths fit
into this reasoning. It's at least 1,500 a year. And the number Injuries caused
by family, friends or Cheney is enormous.

Somehow if i'm in a bank during a Bank Robbery, knowing granny in front
is pack'n heat would not make me feel any safer.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Ugh - "Blame America" again. That argument is "so played out"

Those poor little drug bandits - Uncle Sam made them do it

Seriously..

[edit on 2-3-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by LostNemesis
reply to post by caballero

The CIA runs the drugs in this country. This has been documented as FACT. Please mods, don't delete because of this...

Could you post that documentation?
That would probably prevent the post from being deleted.

The CIA drug thing is BS. I like a good conspiracy theory but REALLY. I'd love to see that "proof" as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand time already - Your Govt wants terrorists and cartels. How else is it going to get you in such a state that will allow them complete control over your lives?

Why don't the Govt do something about the borders? Simple, they want the borders open. It allows all forms of corruption and evil to make its way into the US. This serves the purpose of making YOU scared, and crying out for the Govt to do something about it. Then they can rub their greedy little hands together and come up with all sorts of laws and ways to take away your freedoms and bring you under tighter controls.

Think of all the freedoms gone and laws introduced by 911 ....

They want you scared, they want you to "allow them to act" on your behalf, just what they have planned would NEVER be accepted unless you have no other choice - aint they cunning ....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Perhaps you were not aware that a large group of paramilitary troops were trained in Ft. Benning, supplied with arms and sent back to Mexico to fight 'The Drug War'. They promptly were hired by the cartels, and are known as 'Los Zetas'. Since the CIA and DEA imports most of the drugs (reference Cele Castillo), our 'government' is the cause of most of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join