It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. rattled as Mexico drug war bleeds over border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

U.S. rattled as Mexico drug war bleeds over border

news.yahoo.com

PHOENIX (Reuters) – Hit men dressed in fake police tactical gear burst into a home in Phoenix, rake it with gunfire and execute a man.
Armed kidnappers snatch victims from cars and even a local shopping mall across the Phoenix valley for ransom, turning the sun-baked city into the "kidnap capital" of the United States.
Violence of this kind is common in Mexico where drug cartel abductions and executions are a daily feature of a raging drug war that claimed 6,000 lives south of the border last yr.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It's starting to get much worse. I wonder if the fed will actually start to deal with this...and if they do...what will it mean for all of us.

We are already involved in TWO wars. How could we possibly handle 3? We are flat broke...our soldiers have been fighting for years already and it's already known that Afghanistan could last 4-5 years.....and now we have this

Could it mean a possible draft? When are we actually going to deal with this?

Terrible times we live in.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I just wanted to add this...

THIS IS WHY WE NEED THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

We have every right to defend our families.

I hope that it doesn't get much worse for people living down on the border states.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Go to the boarder and shoot first don't bother with questions and in a few days things will calm down on this side. Secure the boarders for real not a make work deal.

mikell

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I DARE the Mexicans to try to "take back" Texas. As far as I am concerned, Texans are ready for it and will take care of the problem that our government has refused to.

My deepest respect goes to Texans for always being willing to speak out for ALL of us, and our rights. If I can... I will get to the border and help, when needed.

This is a fight for all of us, that our government has been watching and refusing to do anything about. I have no doubt, Mexico will not be getting Texas back.

EDIT: Pheonix? eh... No disrespect... I have a love for Texas and her people.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
David, I read a lot of your posts and replies to others and you are always very negative. Not that it is bad to be negative when it is true, but your one line, "Terrible times we live in", means you have to look at things in retrospect. All generations had to deal with terrible times. So do we. What is the big deal? Go out and take a walk or get drunk. Stop immersing yourself in doom and gloom.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Told my wife today. Big wall, concertina wire and landmines. Something needs to be done and the politicians need to wake up.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wtf is this ****?! What is the government waiting for when it has come to the point where our people are being taken from homes and shopping malls? This is outrageous! ****ing Texas could take care of this whole mess alone if the Fed would just get the hell out of the way, so what gives?!

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

+23 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It was our drug war that spilled into mexico and has pretty much destroyed their entire country.
We are the reason for the cartels and the bloodshed, now we are starting to feel the effects that they have had to live with for so long and its their fault?
Im sorry but we need to man up and accept the fact that we are the reason that Mexico is on the brink of total collapse.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussS86
Told my wife today. Big wall, concertina wire and landmines. Something needs to be done and the politicians need to wake up.

And your solution is idiotic.

We need to end the drug war that is the reason the drug cartels are so powerful, because of OUR DRUG WAR.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

This is not OUR drug war !!!! Look, this may get this thread deleted, but people seem to forget. The CIA has inflicted this drug war ON US. These Mexican cartels stepped in and took advantage of a 'rich' country that was addicted to things they could smuggle in cheaply.

The CIA started this, and honestly I suspect that these drug cartels are hand-in-hand with them. IF the CIA saw these Mexicans as competition, it would have been stopped. Which makes me think that the two work together.

We the people are just as much victims in this as the Mexican citizens are.

The CIA runs the drugs in this country. This has been documented as FACT. Please mods, don't delete because of this...

I think that this might have been why the borders have been left wide open. Gov't knew about this threat. And they ignored it for a reason.
Apparently someone had something to gain by leaving the border open. Seeing this come up, while chaos continues in every other direction as well... This is an organized crime AGAINST us!!

WE the PEOPLE have NOTHING to 'man up' to. This could have been prevented.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Even if we legalized coc aine, which is fueling the conflict, nothing would change.

The druglords have become warlords. The Will to Power is all they care about at this point. The territories they rule, they rule like feudal lords and treat the people as peasants. This is pure and raw human nature at work.

This will only end when either the warlords are dead or theyve won.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I just wanted to add this...

THIS IS WHY WE NEED THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS.

We have every right to defend our families.

I hope that it doesn't get much worse for people living down on the border states.

LOL, your going to take on the drug lords.

Goodluck with that.

The Police and Military can't contain them, but the Civilians will.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

We need to end the drug war that is the reason the drug cartels are so powerful, because of OUR DRUG WAR.

There is no doubt in my mind that it is American's thirst for illegal drugs that the drug cartel is there, coming across the border.
The question is "How do we stop Americans from wanting the drugs?"
It seems that politicians, in large, are in no hurry to stop it, because many of them are getting their campaign money, and even bribes, from drug lords.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
David, I read a lot of your posts and replies to others and you are always very negative.
[edit on 1-3-2009 by RetinoidReceptor]

Hey, no offense... But for some of us, David's views on things are very similar to our own. When everything in your life is being affected by the crappy state of the world, you need an outlet. You need to get it out! Better to do it with likeminded individuals, than freak out your family members that are still doing the best they can, ignoring the state of the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I am in agreement with Caballero concerning the War on Drugs. Like I said in a previous post, everyone knows that it isn't doing any good because they are making money on both sides. They make money to fight it and make money to sell it. It is a win win for the CIA and DEA unless you are the grunts/pawns who get caught in the middle.

WoD is a sham. Has been and always will be. Until congress repeals the narco prohibition, this will continue to get worse.

I really like what California is proposing and I hope it passes. This should be included in the legal framework of the states who are declaring sovereignty.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
but do u think burning the constitution is the best way to handle this type of stuff,

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

There is no doubt in my mind that it is American's thirst for illegal drugs that the drug cartel is there, coming across the border.
The question is "How do we stop Americans from wanting the drugs?"
It seems that politicians, in large, are in no hurry to stop it, because many of them are getting their campaign money, and even bribes, from drug lords.

Hey, there is no way to stop the thirst for drugs. Some of us just WANT them... And being as they were provided to us by mother nature, we feel entitled to them. We will grow and manufacture them ourselves if need be.

The only thing that can be done to benefit society is legalize and tax them. THEN it would take the power and wealth away from the CIA and foreign 'War lords'/Mexican cartels, and give it back to the people and our local community governments.

Pass me off as irrational or crazy if you want, but this really is reality. The 'War on Drugs' IS a sham, because it cannot be stopped... The wealth/power can only be shifted

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join