It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. rattled as Mexico drug war bleeds over border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I live in Mesa, Arizona and people here are up in arms over Sheriff Joe Arpaio's crime suppression sweeps. They say the sheriff targets brown skinned people and that he is a racist. This is totally wrong. Racists are trying to put down sheriff Joe because he is the only law enforcement officer doing his job. The racists are the people who think brown skinned people who are committing crimes should not be arrested.

The white skinned old people who visit here from Canada are not the ones who are shooting at each other on the freeways.

The white skinned old people who visit here from Canada are not the ones who are stealing our vehicles and taking them to Mexico.

The white skinned old people from Canada are not the ones who are getting children addicted to meth and coc aine.

The white skinned old people from Canada are not the ones who are turning children into prostitutes and thieves to pay for their coc aine and meth addiction.

The white skinned old folks from Canada are not the ones who are stuffing drop houses full of illegal immigrants and demanding ransoms from their relatives.

The white skinned old folks from Canada are not the ones invading our homes for drugs and cash.

The white skinned old guys from Canada are not the ones who are kidnapping people off the streets.

The white skinned old people from Canada are not the ones sending millions of illegally earned dollars each day out of the country.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisHere

you know what buddy your totally right. Lets form up a militia right now, head over to mexico and take care of those drug cartels right now!!!!!! DAMN SKIPPY!!
While we are at it, lets take Mexico all together, and make it a part of Texas! YOU GOT THE RIGHT IDEA! *rolls his eyes

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Its about time the drug gangs be taught why you dont feck with Texas

deploy the National guard - AK`s don`t do squat againt a tank.

seriously. now is the time - get them out of Iraq and get them home to start defending the real values of the USA.

[edit on 2/3/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Its about time the drug gangs be taught why you dont feck with Texas

deploy the National guard - AK`s don`t do squat againt a tank.

seriously. now is the time - get them out of Iraq and defending the real values of the USA.

[edit on 2/3/09 by Harlequin]

That's what exactly what i was saying. The only way this problem is going to get resolved, is if they US government does it them damn self. This problem is too big for mexican government to handle themselves. Too much corruption not enough man power. These drug cartels aren't a band of thugs and hoods where you can implement a gang injunction. Then call it a day.

These cartels use paramilitary groups as enforcers.

en.wikipedia.org...

Until now, the Mexican government is sending armed military troops to fight this battle. And they still aren't doing that much. Unless the US government is actually going to take this seriously and commit armed military troops to help with fight this war. Its a losing battle for the mexican government. You guys forget that alot of the Mexican people look at these drug cartels like local heroes. To them they are like robin hood.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
What is all this talk about TEXAS? Mexican drug lords own TEXAS.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
EDIT: Pheonix? eh... No disrespect... I have a love for Texas and her people.

Don't worry buddy, we're just as well armed here as you Texans. These incidents happen usually between Mexicans, it's kinda misleading in the article. They aren't snatching random American families, they know who they are going after. But still, they can keep that crap in Mexico, but if things get worse I'm ready to defend my family and neighbors.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

I'm not sure what you mean. I am a free man born and raised in Texas. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I own a big ranch in Texas,some of my husband's family's land goes back to Spanish Civil War holdings and yes,there is a gun in almost every room of my home and yes,I am a damn good shot and am prepared to fight for what is mine.

Years of blood,sweat,hard-work,and even a few whiskey- stills gave me the right to call this property "mine"at least on paper or unless I DON'T pay for it.

If these "Mexican Drug Lords" do indeed own Texas,can I please have a contact number for them?

I just paid a #load out in taxes for their property.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemox42
reply to post by Autonomous

No, But how hard is it for average Joe gang banger to rob your house when your not home and take all the guns you got, then use it for all the criminal deeds they want? How do you think most of these illegal guns get on the street? Do you know how many guns go missing in a year? Do you know how many gun shops secretly sell guns off the books? PLENTY? EXAMPLE?

www.tdn.com...

I appreciate the reply, and I'm certain the statistics are surprising. That some people will deal to criminals is saddening, no doubt. But because some criminals sell weapons to other criminals, and because some criminals will rob good citizens is no reason for me or any other good citizen to relinquish our protection against such undesirables.

I checked your link, read the story, and I agree that is a true shame. Please feel free to check my link, if I post it properly, and see how many people have protected themselves through the use of firearms.

www.claytoncramer.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Mexico's Presidents brother is a high ranking leader of the Drug Cartels but you probably don't hear much about it.

After 9-11 my first thought was close the border with Mexico but never happens.

In 1963 President Nixon declared the war on drugs or the war on people who use drugs.

We spend billions of dollars on this war and it is in fact the most expensive war the USA has ever fought, only we are worse off today than the day we started it.

People do not realize the connection between the NWO and the Drug war.

Let me tell you this is how they fund much of the NWO and not only are the drug users paying for it but so is every single taxpayer. The NWO recieves the drug money but they also recieve those billions and billions of dollars the tax payers approve to fight this war each year and lets put a cherry on top and just say that they also get paid on evey Raid they make on the small time drug dealer that is just an expendable puppet they can use to fill up another Jail Cell that again we pay for and then they get to use the prisoners for slave labor that of course goes to NWO. It goes on and on and on and on, people need to wake up and smell the Aphmetamines oh I mean coffe!!

Amphetamines took the place of Cocain after the whole IRan COntra with Olly North and the death of the san jose news reporter Garry Webb was murdered. The CIA had to make a smoke screen to cover there screw up.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Maybe it's a beginning step towards a north american union after all for this to escalate at times like these.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by rogue2012]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sun tsu

Yeah (scratching head for having to deliver such bad news), I'm pretty sure god doesn't bless Texas lol, that's why he put Texas beside Mexico in the first place. Like sitting Texas in the back of the class with the unruly.If I were god, let's see, where would I put countries I didn't like very much? Hmmm, that's a no brainer. I have "messed with Texas" since I can last remember and have found that threat to be nothing more than just another big thing from there.........a big threat with nothing to back it up. lol.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by sinister_scarecrow]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by newspig

Marijuana isn't a gateway drug, thats for sure.

But alcohol is. Probably one of the worst gateway drugs I've ever seen.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

It's starting to get much worse. I wonder if the fed will actually start to deal with this...and if they do...what will it mean for all of us.

We are already involved in TWO wars. How could we possibly handle 3? We are flat broke...our soldiers have been fighting for years already and it's already known that Afghanistan could last 4-5 years.....and now we have this

Could it mean a possible draft? When are we actually going to deal with this?

Terrible times we live in.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I am saddened by the news.

I am located in Mexicali, México and it´s true, we see here a rise in crime, but I think a good 0.5% which for me it´s a lot, and it´s not as bad as they claim it is.

Let me remind those of you in the U.S., that the traitor presidents we had in 2005, signed the preamble to the Northamerican Union, which states that in case Mexico is surprised by instability, the US Army is allowed to go into Mexico ¨to stabilize the country¨. Being a patriot, I assure you there are plenty of us who will not be pleased and will defend the sovereignty of our country.

I already know how to poison water and food supplies, plus defend my surroundings.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
thats horrible.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by seangkt]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
We have almost no gang related crime or gang members here in Mexico. It seems to me that the Mexican culture living in the United States learned about gang activities from Blacks, and they are coming to Mexico as many illegal Mexicans are coming back to Mexico.

Drug addiction is rising since Mexico used to be the hall to get the drugs into the US and now that because of the downturn, Americans are cutting down on drugs, we have a rise in drug consumption here.

The traitor paresidents of the US and Mexico want their Northamerican Union, and we must not let it happen.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Haha quit trying to defend your race and planting stuff on others.
No specific race is responsible for gangs as we all have them.
I almost want to say that was a racist remark but what would it matter.

Leave the african americans alone and admit that us mexicans to have gangs and im sorry to say it but if you want to put it like that dude you don't see any "black gangs" holding people hostage and executing random people for no reason right now.

All gang members in my opinion are pieces of sh*t and should be killed on sight. Jail isn't doing anything for them besides teaching them more so we might as well lower our morals a little bit and give em a taste of their own medicine.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Autonomous

Originally posted by groingrinder

I'm not sure what you mean. I am a free man born and raised in Texas. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks.

I think what he means is that Texans think that they are their own country and spill nothing but bravado about themselves.They talk about doing this and doing that (walking into anywhere and just gun slinging all of Americas problems away).I would venture to say that one of Texas' (many boastful) motto's should be "everything is big in Texas but nothing is quite big as our ego". Win one war called the Alamo (allegedly) and the old man on the porch never shuts up with the stories about it. I must apologize, that was not totally verbatim concerning what he was saying, but I'm sure that he was implying that we are all tired of hearing about how great Texas is and how well they can save America, despite the evidence that Texas seems to be the very cancer of America in most instances of political involvement. What he is trying to tell you is that the great 'country' of Texas is so inundated with Mexican cartels and 'border hoppers' that YOU (the indigenous Texan) are slightly outnumbered by those you supposedly defeated at the Alamo. It seems while Texas was bragging, the Mexicans were preparing how to get their land back and indeed, it looks as if Texas belongs to Mexico already, I mean, I have been there and the first words I think of when someone says Texas is pompous jerk, fat people, cheating 'out of control' women, and oh yeah, Mexico.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

I heard this from people that live in Juarez Mexico.....They have said that the cartels have pretty much stopped all of their violence, and that some impostor group (Possibly corrupt agencies, or other regular folk posing) are using the cartels just to commit crimes and/or a "scapegoat." Not too far fetched IMHO.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by antmax21]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join