It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major General says president's eligibility needs proof

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
they asked for an original birth certificate. That's not what they got.

Why should they? They already got a certificate, equally valid for proof of citizenship as defined by the State Department.

Wasn't that what they wanted to see? Proof of citizenship? Wasn't that what your post was about?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Why not start a thread claiming he's too black to be President? I'd respect these thinly-veiled criticisms a lot more if people would just be honest about their true motives.

This is one of the more ridiculous arguments in recent American history...it was settled a long time ago, but people refuse to accept the truth. Rather than denying ignorance, some are hellbent to deny...facts!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Jus Sanguinis (Right of Blood)

The first way that a person can obtain American citizenship is jus sanguinis, or right of blood. This method of gaining American citizenship is an automatic method that bases a person’s right to American citizenship on their parents’ citizenship. A child is given American citizenship automatically if at least one of their parents is a legal U.S. citizen at the time of their birth. This is true even if the child is born outside of the U.S. or its territories.

www.associatedcontent.com...

He is a US citizen. There is no controversy. Next thread, pleeeeeaaaasssee!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by dankai
How's this for a worthy candidate in this matter? AND HE'S A MAJOR GENERAL! I wonder how much disrespect I'll read from military persons on here now.

He is not a Major General. He was a Major General. He is retired now. His status either before or now does not somehow add weight to the faux controversy. And given the fact he is retired means he has no standing in demanding this.

I think being that he paid for the right for us to have the lives we do with his 30+ yrs in the military fighting on foreign soil so that ours wouldn't be threatened means he's got a LOT of standing on this. More than your average civilian and even a good amount more than a majority of soldiers currently active. Your entitled your opinion but remember its not about being right its about expressing one self and what your saying is bordering on disrespect to the arm of the people.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Um, I can show you a judgment copy, with a raised seal, but does that prove the person is eligible to be president?? This is not a birth certificate, it's a certificate of live birth. I'm glad it attests to him being born, but I don't need a document to tell me that. What I would like is a document that tells me where he was born, in what hospital, at what time, who the physician was that delivered him, etc. This document does not do that, like my birth certificate does. I wonder why that is?? Can you grasp this concept? if you can't, why can't you? Why is this so difficult. There are many documents with cert seals, notary stamps, yada yada ..so what. This does not prove the point that needs to be proved. Come on, this isn't rocket science.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DREAMING MAN

Originally posted by jd 140
Daki

As an active duty soldier, I must insist you not lump us all together when you say your argument is supported by us.

Stop digging through google for news from sources people will ridicule you for and pay attention to what is really going on with the President.

You might be surprised on what is going on. Though I admit I am not 100% satisfied with him, but neither was I of President Bush.

LINK: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try researching what Obama & friends wants to do with some guns owned by Americans. The real clue here is that by banning assault weapons by Americans, it will help quell the violence in Mexico. DUH? So all of a sudden, security for Mexico takes precedence at the cost of American Amendment Rights? Do you see where this is going? Do you care?

Right. Just take away the rights of those who are Law Abiding Citizens to prevent criminals from will continue to be criminals.

The moment Biden was announced I saw this coming. Not the mexico aspect but certainly an opportunity for this to happen and low and behold....

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
He is retired.

If he were active duty, I think that he would be relieved of duty.

As a retired person, a civilian, he can say whatever he wants.

However, if he were active duty and said that, I don't think that he would remain active for long.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Maybe he is just plain racist?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I notice those fringe posters who promote this BC conspiracy have not actually countered the evidence and the opposition posts regarding why he is not a citizen. All I hear is "i dont believe it" "thats not real" "want to see his real BC" when its been done.

These fellas supporting this fringe conspiracy sound like broken records.

I mean if you seriously believe this crap its going to take more than "show me his other vital records" or "I dont believe" to indicate his not a citizen.

[edit on 27-2-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

I have just two comments to make about this. The first one is NO. and the second comment is NO. It has in NO way been proven he is eligible, has nothing to do with color, race, etc. There are witnesses attesting to his birth in Kenya, his own damn family. We are the ONLY country in the world that is buying into this falsehood he was born here. He was not born in Hawaii, nor any other contiguous state, or Alaska....he was born on another continent, called Africa..or for him AFRIKA. Within this continent, is a country called KENYA, pronounced KEN-YA...the specific place would be where this gentleman was in fact born. So you see, being born in Kenya, a country in Africa, he is ineligible to serve as President of the USA. Now, he could serve as President of Kenya, and if you arguing that he is eligible to serve in that capacity, you are correct. You see, we have this document here called "The Constitution". Within this document is a portion that states in order to be eligible to serve as president, (and president of USA, not Kenya), you must be a natural born citizen. Ya see, this is the sticking point for some.....NO BORN HERE< NO BE PRESIDENT..pretty simple. Cheers.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
"I think being that he paid for the right for us to have the lives we do with his 30+ yrs in the military fighting on foreign soil so that ours wouldn't be threatened means he's got a LOT of standing on this."

I thought we were supposed to "Deny Ignorance" here on ATS!!
Please explain the meaning of "he paid for the right for us."

Also, please describe the fighting that took place on foreign soil that was directly related to the protection of American citizens.

We haven't fought a necessary war since 1945, and we had to be dragged kicking & Screaming into that one! The idea that American imperialism exists for the purpose of protecting our apple pies is simply incorrect, and any assertion of that idea is usually borne of blind nationalism rather than consideration of the facts.

My father gave 28 years to the U.S. army. He would never claim something so ridiculous as being "responsible" for someone else's ability to buy a Hummer.

Also, the notion that 30 years in the military makes one an expert on constitutional law, or the integrity of documents is ludicrous. It makes no sense whatsoever. He may be an expert on military affairs, but he's no expert on this, just another racist pig expressing his dissatisfaction in a profoundly dishonest manner. He'd garner more respect (from me, at least) if his complaint were actually written & submitted on KKK letterhead. At least then he'd be honest about his true motives in this sadly misguided publicity stunt.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Are you talking about the fringe groups that try to pass of a certificate of live birth as a birth certificate and say that is proof? I'm with you, how hard is it to understand the documents are not the same and the one doesn't even list a hospital, physician, or any other key attributes of a real birth certificate. Man, they are kooky, especially when it's been proven certificates of live births are issued for people who are NOT born in that country, (or state in this case). You are right, they are losers.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Its true alot of the time you get that type of countering. I for the most part remain neutral on the subject just because I really don't want to go researching the topic just to weigh in when it doesn't seem to matter to the people putting him in office. I do however think that the gentleman who is being discussed as retired still paid more than his dues and if he feels how he feels then it isn't a perspective one should overlook so fast. he may be racist,or politically motivated to say what he has, uneducated perhaps, or plainly bias for some unknown reason. I still think he's got more of a say in it all than I do, than most do, considering his contribution to my freedom.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It's not a matter of a point of fact, it's a matter of belief.

The far right is very much like a cult in some respects, and no matter how much evidence is put forth, they will refuse to believe it or proclaim it forged.

(I am not talking about rational mainstream conservatives here, but the far right.)

Just the same way these end of the world cults still continue, even after the date the guru has set for the Apocalypse comes and goes without anything happening.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I don't know maybe these soldiers questioning his seat stumbled onto ATS and saw how pumped you guys were on this whole BC subject? That would be weird eh? Seriously though when the first soldier came out, he was labeled a wackjob looneytoon then 1 of 2 days later a second soldier came out, then there wasn't as much attention on it, now a retired MJ G. comes out making the same claim to the case hmm...... I'm not saying they're right or anything but how many more people are going to come out of the woodwork? This can end up turning into something a lot bigger or maybe this is it's climax....

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

We dont give our soldiers their orders, our military C.O.C. does and regardless how we feel about what they order them to do, they do it and better them then me. I'll say it because thats how I see it. Besides no ones talking about protecting our right to buy hummers or lavishly live, just our freedom. Remember we are still one of those places that has a lot more freedom than most. He along with a lot of other career vets put their lives on the line for us, something I wouldn't do and I respect that.
Your already making the claim he is racist. Do you know that? Did he say something racist? You got ANYTHING credible to lead you to believe that was his motivation? I dont have a problem with stating he probably doesn't know much when it comes to politics, thats not his game and its a well known fact that when military and politics mix it never meshes proper so its OBVIOUS he isn't an expert on the subject but no one said he was, just that being that he's got a lot of years of experience fighting for this country he's probably seen a lot. More than most you might say. Opinions can be different on the angle and hook of the story, facts can be skewed and recolored and all sorts of banter can take place amidst it all. Just dont get opinion mixed with fact or say one opinion on a subject is better than another.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
One major thing obamanites skip over is the fact that Hawaii routinely allowed foreign children to obtain certificates of live birth.

The "Certification of Live Birth" posted on the Internet actually doesn't confirm a birth location. "[Hawaii] statute 138 allows foreign born children of HI residents to get HI [Certificates of Live Birth] and get them based on a statement of one relative only," she said. She also said Hawaiian officials, while they confirmed a birth certificate exists, did not exclude the possibility it was "one obtained for a foreign born child." She also cited Obama's immigration to Indonesia at age 5, when he was considered an Indonesian citizen.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dankai

OK this really needs to just go away.
Does anyone honestly think if there was any credence to this that this would have been dug up during the election? Like nobody else wanted to win so they wouldn't have done anything they could to get rid of one of the favorites by digging up something like this.

It's time for the neo-nazi... I mean neo-cons to move on and accept it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think That Mr. Obama and his supporters should be the "better man" and provide what ever is needed to satisfy the 300,000 people who would like proof. I feel as the president it is his responsibility to keep the peace. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT THAT CAN DEFEND A REQUEST AS EASY AS THIS!

If for no other reason than peace. Is this man that arrogant?

Also, if I was a supporter, I would be angry at him for not putting an end to this. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY! I Think that he is putting himself in danger by not fairly addressing this! The more it gets blown off, the more the pot boils.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

i agree 110% and i've been saying that for a year now

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join