It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major General says president's eligibility needs proof

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by dankai

He's not the only high ranking retired officer demanding answers, there is also a retired LTC I know of.

More and more of them are coming out of the woodwork.

Makes one wonder what the brass at the Pentagon discuss behind closed doors.

if you are demanding answers, simply go and ask the state dept, they have already investigated and said that he is a U.S. citizen 2 years ago. he also has a U.S. passport and i know you can't get one of those WITHOUT a legitimate birth certificate.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

Exactly! thank you! I don't know why we just can't help each other feel comfortable with who is running our country!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
A retired General holds all kinds of power. The kind of power that can bring 10's of thousands to the point, active or not.

Does it also give him the power to be infallible?

This isn't about the rank or profession of the people who don't believe Obama was born in Hawaii, this is about the power of that argument.

Unless there is any evidence to support that argument, it doesn't matter who believes in it.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

Perhaps your right but think about it in this way, if it comes from a civilian, its his opinion and little about it matters other then that it is that persons belief. What this general is stating is that IF recalled, he wont take orders handed down from Obama for the cited reasons.
Now that may not mean much to you but consider this
If his disposition is felt by many upper level officers and consequently then through the men under them in their C.O.C. then you have yourself quite a situation dont you?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

No worries man I feel ya

Second Line

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx

Perhaps your right but think about it in this way, if it comes from a civilian, its his opinion and little about it matters other then that it is that persons belief. What this general is stating is that IF recalled, he wont take orders handed down from Obama for the cited reasons.
Now that may not mean much to you but consider this
If his disposition is felt by many upper level officers and consequently then through the men under them in their C.O.C. then you have yourself quite a situation dont you?

obviously these military people can't go to the state dept and simply ask, this was investigated 2 years ago by them, and like in my previous post, obama has a legitimate american passport.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
And to clarify about my post about if soldiers take this retired general's stance on the matter, he did clearly state he only wants the matter clarified to a point more thoroughly clear than the apparent clarity of it now, not that he will indefinitely hold that opinion,just that he wants more convincing proof, and DID not specify exactly what proof would satisfy his reservations. My point though in my humble opinion is still QUITE relevant.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

What would happen if a General or any other member of the Armed Forces had refused to accept his orders because he believed George W. Bush wasn't President, or qualified (in the Constitutional sense) to be President?

This is just to illustrate that perhaps you're giving credence to this because quite possibly you yourself don't think Obama was born in the United States.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Fair enough but I guess I'm aiming at saying that perhaps under the small technicality previously offered as a possibility within Hawaii's statutes he got himself a slip in the cracks? Who knows. It wouldn't be the most surprising of deceptions...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
Actually no.... what they are doing is abiding by the constitution they swore to defend and uphold...

The first refuge of the scoundrel is patriotism. Wrap themselves in the flag and Constitution to disguise their true motivation, desires, and the consequences.

Originally posted by thefreepatriot
... in a republic the people vote in people to represent them... IT IS NOT THE SAME THING so for god sakes stop stating the U.S is a democracy when it is in fact very far from one!!!!

No it's not. Yes, we are a republic...but how are our representatives chosen? Oh, that's right...through democratic elections, in other words, a democracy. Our form of government is a democratic republic, in other words, a democracy.

Disenfranchising 69 million people is a threat to that tradition of democracy.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

All I'm stating is this retired generals stated intentions should he be recalled. The implications of other soldiers feeling a similar intention and perhaps the ramifications of a number of soldiers feeling similar reservations re-affirmed by a general of his stature (retired or not). I have not stated any personal opinions on the matter and for that matter probably wont. I reserve personal weigh ins on the subject because I really dont want to go research the crap out of it, I say that because if i intend to post an opinion I call my own I wont feel right saying anything I havent thoroughly investigated to my own personal degree of satisfaction.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

The problem is not that there is something Obama is not coming forward with.

The State of Hawaii, the legal authority responsible for keeping the record, has repeatedly made it available to people investigating the issue.

It just doesn't matter to some folks.

When shown the Birth Certificate, they say "show us the birth certificate!" as if it had never happened.

If God himself came down on a golden chariot and endorsed the Birth Certificate on live TV in front of a joint session of Congress, they still wouldn't believe it.

[edit on 2/27/09 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I think being that he paid for the right for us to have the lives we do with his 30+ yrs in the military fighting on foreign soil so that ours wouldn't be threatened means he's got a LOT of standing on this.

Not in the eyes of the court. In fact, the fact he is retired may hurt the case as he no longer serves under the CinC.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Alright true enough but elected THROUGH us THROUGH the ELECTORAL COLLEGES and I have to tell you I have little faith in such middle man institutions....Such events as the Bush vs Gore disaster occur through those means and while I can not think off the top of my head of where to squarely place it I remember a few articles (perhaps posted on ats) of voter fraud occuring and recurring. the "middle man" is the weak point manipulation is allowed to seep into from. THAT you can say is a persona opinion of mine.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I dont think it will hurt the case so much as not help it as much as if he WERE still in the COC. But ofcourse there is obviously a profound difference of active and retired officer influence status....I doubt that his influence is nill though....I do however think he will catch flack for this from anyone important as I think this suite might be stretching out on a limb...

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

That is the way I feel as well, I just think that there needs to be a fair independent investigation into this mans background!

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
reply to post by xyankee

The problem is not that there is something Obama is not coming forward with.

The State of Hawaii, the legal authority responsible for keeping the record, has repeatedly made it available to people investigating the issue.

It just doesn't matter to some folks.

When shown the Birth Certificate, they say "show us the birth certificate!" as if it had never happened.

If God himself came down on a golden chariot and endorsed the Birth Certificate on live TV in front of a joint session of Congress, they still wouldn't believe it.

[edit on 2/27/09 by xmotex]

What they are showing is a certificate of Live Birth, not a Birth Certificate.The difference is that one shows a "live birth" occurred and it states that this person was born. The Birth Certificate says where he was born. See his certificate of "live" birth says he was born and the state of Hawaii recognizes this but it does not say in Hawaii. Look on your own birth certificate. There are witness' a doctor and the parents. Obamas is different. Yes he was born alive.....some births are still births.......this is very misleading. I know you don't beleive me but this is true. Most don't take the time to research it. One other explaination is that Obama was actually born in the U.S. and it is custom in Africa to claim the fathers birth location. Obama's father was born in africa and what was placed on his was his fathers birth right. Like Jesus in the bible had to go back to Joeseph's birth place for census........the son place of citizenship is where the father was born. An african friend told me of this custom.......this also may be the case. Now way obama is ever going to admit that he was not born here...............funny how his family says he was born not in Hawaii.....lets ask that question..what would you say if a family member said you were not born where your paper said......hum.........??? WE may never know. Just like the Kennedy assignation........we may NEVER know. There are forces in play that will not let us know. Accept that......

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Fair enough but I guess I'm aiming at saying that perhaps under the small technicality previously offered as a possibility within Hawaii's statutes he got himself a slip in the cracks? Who knows. It wouldn't be the most surprising of deceptions...

There's a problem with that theory though: Hawaii's statutes that allow registration of foreign born children as being born in Hawaii was only enacted in 1982.

And a quick look at Obama's certificate shows the Date Filed by Registrar as August 8, 1961.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

ok...but he was elected to state office for some 12 odd years...then to united states senator with the entire congress and white house controlled by republicans...he then ran a 1 and a half year presidential campaign, which he won, and was sworn in by the supreme court chief justice (who was appointed by a republican), he has been vetted by the U.S. state dept. and he has a certifiied american passport. soooo...what does he have to prove??? does he need to walk around with his birth certificate in his back pocket, so he could show it, and have every person examine it, touch it, put the document under a microscope, have CSI test it???...no one trusts the republican controlled state department at the time he became senator? or the republican controlled state department WHO ISSUED his passport???

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
THis is wackiness. President Obama has proven his citizenship to the proper authorities and the Supreme Court which refused to hear.

Go home, Ye, there are real wolves about...it is not about the President. Bank of America has refused to disclosed what they did with our money.

The first $350 Billion bailout, rushed through Congress by Paulson, went down a dark hole and the Fed Reserve says they don't have to disclose details to anyone...it is supposedly not the business of me, you or the Congress. That is what is really happening, and that is one of the very few actual conspiracies we have, or don't you care.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join