It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Originally posted by karl 12
Fascinating interview with Timothy Good
(undersea bases at 35:00)
www.dailymotion.com...
Cheers.

Thanks for this one karl 12,
Timothy Good is one of those important and in my opinion very sincere Ufo investigators of whom I have great respect.

SV,thanks for the reply-he certainly is a knowledgable chap

If you've not seen it before,theres another great interview with him here in which he discusses the history of the UFO/OVNI subject and a possible UK Disclosure programme:
video.google.com...

Also found this interesting UFO/USO article from Captain Edward J. Ruppelt's book "The Report on the Unidentified Flying Object" in 1956:

Excerpt:

"Why Don't The Damn Things Swim so we can turn them over to the Navy!"
by
Capt. Edward J. Ruppelt USAFR
This is how an Air force investigator summed up his exasperation in trying to sift UFO facts from fancy. From 1951-53, the author headed up Project Blue Book, the now-famous official investigation into UFO's.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/842fdc70fc2b.jpg[/atsimg]

Air Force officers in 1952 set up a battery of 200 cameras
across country in response to many sightings.
From left are:
Capt. R. L. James, radar expert; Maj. Gen. Roger Ramey, deputy chief for operations;
author, Capt. Edward Ruppelt; Maj. Gen. John A. Samford, air intelligence chief;
Col. Donald L. Bowan, and civilian expert B. L. Griffing.

More at link under 'documents' section - Serious UFO articles in the respectable press:
www.ufologie.net...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Disclosure Project witness testifies to U.S. Navy reports of unknown objects emerging from the ocean:

A witness for the Disclosure Project, presented at the National Press Club on May 9, 2001 in Washington DC, was Dan Willis, U.S. Navy. He worked in the code room of the communication station in San Francisco. He received a priority message, classified as Secret, from a military ship near Alaska. The ship reported, emerging out of the ocean, near port bow, a brightly glowing, reddish-orange elliptical object approximately 70 feet in diameter. It shot out of the water traveling at about 700 mph. This event was tracked on the ships radar and substantiated."

Interview at 0:27

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Great Interview with Carl Feindt from the WaterUFO website

After appearing on BoA:Audio for a brief interview that generated a lot of buzz last Fall, Carl Feindt returns to the program for an in-depth discussion on the water-UFO connection.
We'll be exploring why Carl decided to investigate this aspect of Ufology, interesting trends and fascinating insights that he has gained from his research, cases that he does not think are related to UFOs, the international aspects of the phenomenon, sea monsters, radar and sonar cases, UFOs. v. USOs, "Water Wheels", the Eltanin, Shag Harbour, and a ton more aquatic-themed esoteric material.

We plumb the depths of the UFO-water connection as BoA:Audio returns with a must-hear episode for any serious student of Ufology.

Link:
www.binnallofamerica.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Multiple witness report - Victoria Canada,1970:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac6ef8b78869.jpg[/atsimg]

"It was about seven o'clock and Jim and Dianna were still on the boat, anchored close to shore, when I went outside to call them in to dinner," she said. "Then I noticed a light in the sky moving over the bay. I couldn't tell how big it was, it was so bright, and it had a yellow-orangey glow like sunlight.
"I looked up and saw this light coming in from the north, just about in line with our boat. It was skimming right under the overcast which was about 900 feet.
It was sort of egg-shaped, in a vertical position, but the top and bottom were indistinct.It seemed to be transparent on top, and inside it I thought I could see a set of lights but I couldn't really make out any details.
Just at that point something came out of that thing which by then had slowed down almost to a stop.
It was a ray of light like a very thin neon tube, and it was in pieces, something like the dots and dashes of morse code. It came down in a curve and then it flashed right out, all of it at the same time. My hair just stood up on end. I couldn't imagine anything like it."

Jim Drummond -Shipwright

www.ufobc.ca...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
USO Report -Canada,1952.

"We were living at Summerland on Lake Okanagan at the time," Stewart said, " and Dorothy and Gordon had just arrived from Vancouver to visit us for a while. As it was her first trip to the Okanagan since leaving her home in England, we had set out on a motor trip for the day to see some of the country.

" It was a clear bright morning in September, and when we reached the ferry slip to cross over to Kelowna we realized we would have to wait a bit because we could see the ferry still on the other side. And then about half a mile north of the ferry we noticed this other thing."

" I remember pointing it out and saying what a beautiful white boat it was," Dorothy S. added. " It was moving around so gracefully, and though we still couldn't make it out very well at that distance, it seemed to have a smooth round design we had never seen before."

As the three watched from their car in admiring curiosity, they noticed the strange craft had started to move across the lake in their direction. By that time cars for the ferry were beginning to line up behind them, so they were also in a position to observe what happened next.

"We could see the wash coming out from either side, yet somehow the boat, as we thought it was, didn't seem to be moving very fast," Stewart said. (Dorothy compared it to a line from Dante, "Hasten slowly.")
"As it came closer we still thought it must be some unusual kind of modern boat. It looked like a round hard hat sitting on a platter. But there was something about that wash that looked different and that started us wondering."

Although neither could explain precisely what the difference was, possibly it was caused by the circular shape of the craft moving lightly on the surface, like a flatly thrown stone.

"Then suddenly it really surprised us," Stewart continued. "It was a few hundred yards away when all at once the wake disappeared and we realized the thing was in the air. It changed direction to the right so that it came straight toward the ferry dock and then it stopped dead, less than 100 feet in front of us and about 50 feet above the water."

Despite the 17 years that had since elapsed, Stewart's memory of that experience was obviously still very much with him. He shook his head in amazement as he spoke of it and seemed to live the whole experience over again.

His cousin, on the other hand, said she had not thought of it for a long while, though she was sufficiently impressed at the time to make a note of it in her diary.

"We sat in the car spellbound," she said. "We couldn't believe what was happening and afterwards, for some reason, we had no desire to talk about it. It was as if we had been told not to."

The witnesses described the object as about 30 feet in diameter and having a haziness which made the outline indistinct. Also it had a translucent quality which gave them the impression that anyone inside could have seen them without being seen in return. (A description of translucence often occurs in sighting reports in which the UFO is dome shaped, such as this one.)

"It stayed there, absolutely silent, for a minute or so," Stewart said. "and we definitely had a feeling it was watching us. Then it started back across the lake. By this time I was out of the car to get a better look and I told the others I wished I had a pair of binoculars. An American tourist in the car behind heard me and said, 'Here take mine. I've seen enough.' He looked as if it had scared him."

Through the binoculars Stewart watched the object reach the opposite shore, just over two miles away, in five or six minutes, giving it a leisurely speed of about 20 mph. Then it seemed to fly parallel to a trail bordering the lake before it shot up and disappeared.

www.ufobc.ca...

---

British Columbia USO Report,April 1999

Time: approximately 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Date: April 17th, 1999

Location: Akiskanook condominiums, Invermere, BC - Windermere Lake Lookout

Weather: Sunny and clear, little to no wind, water calm - you could see the reflections of the mountains in the water

"Three of us were looking out into the water, it was a quiet peaceful afternoon, when we all noticed a bright white light emerging from the water. The object was breaking the water surface from the lake, yet wasn't leaving any ripples in the water! - like a piece of wood would or a log could."

"It showed itself as a sequence of digitized light.Instead this computerized light was a bright white colouring. It appeared and disappeared, breaking the water surface, three times after finally disappearing into the lake. This lasted for approximately 5 minutes. We had binoculars so we were able to see the light up close and to our amazement it confirmed what we saw."

www.ufobc.ca...

---

Water UFO Incident at Jacko Lake
Kamloops, BC May-2000:
www.ufobc.ca...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks for your ongoing posts of such very interested USO/UFO cases karl 12.
I sorely appreciate it.
:up;

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
this just proves the theory I made up one day while rambling with my sister; which was that maybe just like "outer-space" there's "inner-space"..i mean imagine how deep it is under water..past the point where light can reach, whats after that? i was thinking something like a vacuum sending everything to outerspace.. just a thought

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

SV -I'd wager theres still plenty more USO reports out there

This is a very interesting interview here with a coastguard who states that he had a sonar reading 'three mile across'
Interview at 3:50.
www.youtube.com...

AUTEC Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Cheers.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Another reference for researchers visiting this thread:

AUTEC - The underwater area 51

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

From sifting through the very first 10 accounts of that list here is the most interesting:

In 1492 Christopher Columbus reported flickering lights at night hovering above the ocean in the Bahamas area and made note of it in his journal.

And now you know about my AUTEC thread stating this secret base in on the cusp of the "Bremuda Triangle"!!!!! Alittle strange, huh?

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Hi karl 12, I have listened to that interview of Carl Feindt you provided me and must say that I found it very interesting indeed.

Especially his view of the by witnesses seeing and reported visible effects of the crafts “energy field”, at people, the water [liquid or frozen], fish and as said in many cases on the electric and electronic systems of nearby ships, even on diesel engines.
Then the possible connection with some of the classic sea monster reports and his example of one of them.

I sorely can recommend this interview to all who take the USO/UFO phenomenon serious.

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Fascinating interview with Timothy Good
(undersea bases at 35:00)
www.dailymotion.com...
Cheers.

I have listened to this one now and you are rights karl 12, it is indeed a fascinating interview,
especially interesting is what Timothy said after 34:57.
And I am convinced that he is right.

Thanks again.

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I would like to contribute the research from my newest thread, it is quite lengthy so I will just post the link. It is about Shag Harbor, but it is quite detailed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Did you know that the FDR had to be towed in after a USO hit it's fantail coming out of the water around the Devils Triangle.

USS FDR CV-42 is a Midway class carrier; Others include USS Midway CV-41 herself, and the USS Coral Sea CV-43. The FDR and Coral Sea are no longer in service, scrapped mental. Midway is a sight seeing tour on the West coast.

Weird things happen on the high seas, I should know I sailed them all. Good thread to read. Many sailors can not tell anyone what they have seen by order of the brass, or others think you were nuts! But not all sighting are real. I liked the rainbow across the sky at times.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by GI_WOLVES]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Good luck on a hearing to come up on uso and ufo by government officals as they have lawyers who can find loop hole in the laws to keep it out of court for many years.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Hi karl 12, I have listened to that interview of Carl Feindt you provided me and must say that I found it very interesting indeed.

SV Thanks for the reply matey,you´re not wrong about that interview

Very Interesting stuff

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GI_WOLVES

Did you know that the FDR had to be towed in after a USO hit it's fantail coming out of the water around the Devils Triangle.

USS FDR CV-42 is a Midway class carrier; Others include USS Midway CV-41 herself, and the USS Coral Sea CV-43. The FDR and Coral Sea are no longer in service, scrapped mental. Midway is a sight seeing tour on the West coast.

Weird things happen on the high seas, I should know I sailed them all. Good thread to read. Many sailors can not tell anyone what they have seen by order of the brass, or others think you were nuts! But not all sighting are real. I liked the rainbow across the sky at times.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by GI_WOLVES]

Thanks for your interesting reply GI_WOLVES.

You said;
"Many sailors can not tell anyone what they have seen by order of the brass, or others think you were nuts!"

That's Too bad right, because, who knows what for amazing stories they could share with us all.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Excerpt from National UFO Reporting Centre:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/923778ab9605.jpg[/atsimg]
Paul Stonehill writes, in Filer's Files #32 -2009 you mentioned Soviet submarines pursued by UFOs. I have been writing about Russian/Soviet/Eurasian USOs and UFOs for years. “Mysterious Sky: Soviet UFO Phenomenon,” has a chapter concerning Naval officers reports, declassified intelligence files, and my book “The Soviet UFO Files” (1998) is a part of the U.S. Naval Archives library.
In August 1965, a crew of the steamship RADUGA, while navigating in the Red Sea, observed a fiery sphere dashed out from under the water two miles away and hovered over the surface of the sea, illuminating it. The sphere was sixty meters in diameter, and it hovered at an altitude of 150 meters. A gigantic pillar of water rose as the sphere emerged from the sea and collapsed some moments later.

In December 1977, not far from the Novy Georgy Island, the crew of the fishing trawler VASILY KISELEV also observed a doughnut-shaped object rising vertically from under the water was. Its diameter was between 300 and 500 meters and it hovered at the altitude of four kilometers. The trawler's radar station was immediately rendered inoperative. The object hovered over the area for three hours, and then disappeared instantly. Soviet fishing trawlers were outfitted with intelligence gathering equipment and radio intercept equipment.

Also:

The testimony of Alexander G. Globa, a seaman from GORI, a Soviet tanker, was published in Zagadki Sfinksa Magazine. In June 1984, GORI was in the Mediterranean, twenty miles from the Straight of Gibraltar.
At 16:00, Globa was on duty with Second-in-Command S. Bolotov standing watch when they observed a strange polychromatic object astern. S. Bolotov was agog, shaking his binoculars and shouting: "It is a flying saucer, a real saucer, my God, hurry, hurry, look!" Globa through his own binoculars saw a flattened out looking object that reminded him of an upside-down frying pan. The UFO was gleaming with a grayish metallic shine. The lower portion of the craft had a precise round shape, its diameter no more than twenty meters. Around the lower portion of it Globa also observed "waves" of protuberances on the outside plating.

The base of the object's body consisted of two semi-discs, the smaller being on top; they slowly revolved in opposing directions. At the circumference of the lower disc Globa saw numerous shining, bright, bead-like lights. The bottom portion of the UFO looked completely even and smooth, its color that of a yolk, and in the middle of it Globa discerned a round, nucleus-like stain. At the edge of the UFO's bottom, was a pipe that glowed with an unnaturally bright rosy color, like a neon lamp. The top of the middle disc was crowned by a triangular-shaped something. It seemed that it moved in the same direction as the lower disc, but at a much slower pace.

Suddenly, the UFO jumped up several times, as if moved by an invisible wave. Many lights illuminated its bottom portion. The crew of GORI tried to attract the object's attention using a signal projector. By that time Captain Sokolovky was on the desk with his men. He and his Second-in-Command were watching the object intensely. However, the UFO's attention was distracted by an Arab dry cargo ship, on its way to Greece. The Arabs confirmed that the object hovered over their ship. A minute and a half later the object changed its flight's trajectory, listed to the right, gained speed and ascended rapidly. The Soviet seamen observed that when it rose through the clouds, appearing and disappearing again, it would occasional shine in the sun's rays. The craft then flared up, like a spark, and was gone instantly.

www.nationalufocenter.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GI_WOLVES
reply to post by karl 12

Good luck on a hearing to come up on uso and ufo by government officals as they have lawyers who can find loop hole in the laws to keep it out of court for many years.

GI_WOLVES -thanks for the reply,I think you're probably right about that one.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Some intriguing USO accounts from Richard M Dolan´s excellent book ´UFOs and the National Security State´.

On April 29th, 1961, near Newport,Rhode Island, a man on a beach saw a spherical object bobbing on the waves two hundred yards out.
It then rose about sixty feet and took off in a straight line out to sea at an estimated 100 mph.
Another water related incident occured in Savona,Italy early on June 3rd.
Four people in a boat were shaken by growing waves at some distance they saw the sea swell up and a cone shaped object emerge.
It hovered briefly over the water,showed a glowing underside,then left at high speed.

and

On September 18th,Fourth Officer G. Gendall of the vessel ´Queensland Star´,in the Indian Ocean reported seeing a white coloured UFO through a cloud formation. It vanished into the clouds,reappeared then descended into the sea.The surrounding water then grew bright,and white particles fell into the sea for some time.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join