It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USO Research

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Interesting Radar UFO report from aboard the Navy Destroyer U.S.S. Dyess, March 1951.

One instance occurred in March 1951 and involved the U.S.S. Dyess, a Navy destroyer on picket duty about one hundred twenty five miles southeast of Cape May, New Jersey.

"We were afraid the Russians were going to bomb Washington at that time because we had gone into Korea," Dr. Robert Wood, a former lieutenant commander who tracked a UFO, told me.

"We were plotting all the aircraft going north and south along the coast and inland as far as the Appalachians, and any objects that were coming in from the northeast, the east and the southeast."

At that time, Dr. Wood was the ship's operations officer and an air controller, manning one of the ship's radars.

"On this particular night – it was about eleven thirty – this object came in from the east and got within about thirty miles of us when it just stopped dead.

"It had been moving rather slowly, about eighty-five to ninety knots. We didn't have the altitude-determining radar on at the time and we had to get one of the operators to come up. When he did, we found the object to be somewhere in the neighborhood of three thousand to four thousand feet.

"This object gave us a blip on the radar screen about the size of a large aircraft... I phoned the bridge and they informed the captain, who ordered the ship to head out in the direction of the object. We'd been loafing along, steaming in circles, and we didn't have all our boiler power on. We did about as much as we could, about twenty-two knots, out in that direction.

"We got within about fifteen miles of that object when it suddenly took off in a northerly direction at a very high rate of speed. It was going so rapidly that as the radar turned we could see the blip just jumping across the screen. We estimated it was going five thousand kilometers an hour, or roughly three thousand miles an hour.

"Then, when it got within thirty five or forty miles of Nantucket, it suddenly just took off and went straight up!"

"I called the bridge and said, 'We're losing contact, the object is fading,' And the operator on the altitude-determining radar in the other end of the room said, 'NO! I've got it! It's a hundred miles high and it's going straight up!’”

The object then faded from the second radar.

"We reported it to the Pentagon, but we never heard anything more about it," said Dr. Wood, who at the time I talked to him was a professor of astronomy and director of the observatory at Brevard Community College in Cocoa, Florida.

"That was in 1951," Dr. Wood said. "I knew radar and I knew what it could do. We didn't have any aircraft that could go that fast, especially after it came and hovered. And then when it got up near Nantucket, it just went straight up and disappeared."

www.mufon.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Note to U.S. Government officials:

We`d appreciate your participation in this thread to help figure out what is happening.

Skyfloating -according to this report the US Navy may have established ET contact in 1924:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Note to U.S. Government officials:

We`d appreciate your participation in this thread to help figure out what is happening.

Skyfloating -according to this report the US Navy may have established ET contact in 1924:

Cheers.

Thanks for the link karl 12,

Looks very interesting, I go check it out.

[edit on 12/11/09 by spacevisitor]

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

SpaceVisitor -it certainly is an interesting one.

Theres also this strange incident covered in this interview with Cals Svahn from UFO Sweden.

"There was a great interest," said Clas Svahn at UFO Sweden.

A Swedish pilot in a Draken plane was flying over Småland in a training exercise in the 1970s. He received the order to break the exercise and fly towards an unidentified object lying still on the water.

As he approached the object suddenly shoots straight up - and the pilot takes up the chase.
Despite full speed the pilot soon loses the object and it is never identified.

The event which confounded the pilot, is just one of the reports recorded in the world's largest UFO archive in Norrköping in eastern Sweden.

Thread:

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Fishermen awakened by 'electric monster'

Headlines From July 3, 1893 Tacoma News Ledger Newspaper Article

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce09d02f41a8.jpg[/atsimg]

On July 3, 1893 several fishermen were awakened in the middle of the night by the presence of a strange craft that they described as an "electric monster." Their watches stopped and the craft/monster emitted electricity and light. The craft also made a loud sound. Two men were knocked unconscious in the encounter. The rest of the party fled in terror. They returned and found their two unconscious friends who were revived. Apparently the two men suffered no permanent injuries. This is the first known documented encounter with a UFO in the Pacific Northwest.
www.ufosnw.com...

Newspaper Article (pdf)
www.ufosnw.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Pre-1950's Reports:

Oct 30 16:30hrs -- Deck of the ship 'St Andrew' sailing in the North Atlantic, some 600 miles NE of Newfoundland, Canada ...... "I saw three meteors fall into the water dead ahead of the ship one after another at a distance of about five miles. Although it was daylight, they left a red streak in the air from zenith to the horizon. Simultaneously the third engineer shouted to me. I then saw a huge meteor on the port beam falling in a zig-zag manner less than a mile away to the southward. We could distinctly hear the hissing of water as it touched. It fell with a rocking motion leaving a broad red streak in its wake. The meteor must have weighed several tons, and appeared to be 10 to 15 feet in diameter. It was saucer shaped which probably accounted for the peculiar rocking motion. When the mass of metal struck the water the spray and steam rose to a height of at least 40 feet, and for a few moments looked like the mouth of a crater. If it had been night, the meteor would have illuminated the sea for 50 or 60 miles." [Source: NY Times Nov 5 1906]

June 16 - Fishermen located at the port city of Dong Hui, Vietnam saw an elongated brightly lit object flying over the community for nearly ten minutes. It then disappeared after plunging into the sea of the cost. [See Modern Mysteries of the World, p. 168]

July - The crew of a French fishing boat operating off the Normandy coast saw 'a large, black, bird-like object' fall from the sky into the sea, then bounded back before it fell once more and disappeared under the waves.

Feb 26 - When in the Timor Sea, the cruiser Tromp was approached by a large aluminum disc that flew at tremendous speed. It then circled the Dutch vessel for about three to four hours. Finally, it flew off at an estimated speed of 3,000-3,5000mph.

March - Fourteen men on the USAT Delarof in the area of the Aleutian Islands saw a dark spherical object rise out of the water, circle their ship and fly off to the south. (Source: UFO Investigator, Vol 4 No 5)

www.miqel.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Operation Mainbrace -UFOs and USOs -1952:

posted on Nov, 22 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Bahamas USO:

Saturday, November 7, 2009 - On A Cruise Ship Returning From The Bahamas Shadow Surrounded By Green Light.

I was on a Cruise returning from Bahamas. It was a clear day. At 5 o'clock I decided to sit on the deck to wait for the sun to set. It was Halloween on the ship, so most were dressed in costumes. I started to take pictures of the sun as it was going down. At about 5:15 I saw this shadow moving across the water. I looked around to see if anyone else saw it, but there was no one around.

This shadow was surrounded by a green light. I knew no one would believe me so I took a picture of it. To my amazement the picture came out clear. I was showing it to others on board, right on the camera. Everyone thought it was strange. I went to the ships director to make sure there was no hologram sent out by the ship, since it was Halloween and the ship director said there was no hologram from this ship and he has never seen anything like it. I truly believe that I have captured some kind of entity on the water.

the-v-factor-paranormal.blogspot.com...
(Have emailed Brian for the image)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
U.S Navy MERINT UFO/USO Reporting procedure - documents (pdf):

www.theblackvault.com...

UFOs and the Coast Guard (pdf):

www.theblackvault.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Interesting reading about the USS Geiger:

Date Time - 16-Sep-60 10:00 GMT; Nearest Island/Country Location - Close to Puerto Rico 19°20'N 75°3'W;

Ship Type of Vessel - USS Geiger USN;

Number of Objects Object Shape Object Size Object Lights/Color - 1 Disk Shape Large Brightly illuminated;

Motion/ Behavior - 200 mph/ appeared hovering at times and changing direction

freepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.ufodata.co.uk...
www.irishufology.net...
More than 50 percent of the UFO sightings have occurred over/coming from/or plunging into and-or coming out of water. This includes not just oceans…but seas, lakes, and reservoirs. Of the oceanic USOs…or Unidentified Submersible Objects…which are really UFOs which also navigate well in Water…one was tracked by the U.S. Navy near Puerto Rico in 1963.

Many of these objects have been tracked around Puerto Rican ‘Waters’ for years now. On one training maneuver…a sonar operator detected a sub aqueous object traveling at over 150 knots.

The technicians tracked this object for four days and it also was able to maneuver down to an incredible depth of 27,000 feet. Submarines circa 1963 were not capable of diving further than a fraction of a mile into the ocean

The USS Franklin Delanore Roosevelt aircraft carrier was the first naval ship to carry nuclear weapons . For this reason, many say the USS FDR was also a magnet for USO sightings. With multiple sightings and multiple reliable eye witnesses…these cases become hard to debunk. So they are not.

Sept 20 1952 ‘Operation Mainbrace’
A multinational force made up of US & British naval ships. USO approach the FDR and are witnessed by many people. Apparently a British ship had a close encounter as well.

Sept 20 1952 7:30pm
3 Danish officers participating in the multinational exercises observe a USO approach their ship. It hovers awhile then disappears. 24hrs later 6 British officers see them emerge from the water and head towards their ship

An oceanic UFO (some term them USOs or Unidentified Submersible Objects) was tracked by the U.S. Navy near Puerto Rico. On a training maneuver, a sonar operator detected a sub aqueous object traveling at over 150 knots. The technicians tracked this object for four days and it maneuvered down to the incredible depth of 27,000 feet. Submarines of 1963 could not dive further than a fraction over a mile into the ocean deeps.

Oct 2 1963 - Radar Operator on the FDR
Off the coast of Sardinia, radar operator Jordan noticed a blip on his radar screen. It moved across his screen at altitudes and faster then anything he had seen before. It approached the FDR slowed, then just disappeared. He was never able to tell if the craft went into the water or not.

Rumor has it…’Conclusively’ according to Dr. Steven Greer of The Disclosure Project…that President Dwight David Eisenhower may have even been present on the FDR during one of these USO events.

USOs--Underwater Submerged Objects--UFOs that have reportedly been witnessed going into and out of Earth's oceans.

There is a 'HISTORY CHANNEL' show which features a dive into the Santa Catalina Channel near Los Angeles to search for trace evidence of a 1992 USO event--a detailed account of the USS FDR, a magnet for USO and UFOs from the early 1950s until its decommissioning in the 1970s, with at least eight major sightings.

Australia's famous Tully Water-Crop Circle Case is explored, as well as many other astounding and recent USO cases from the US and the world. Interviews include USS FDR veterans Chet Gruisinsky and Harry Jordan, USO researcher Dr. Stephen Greer, and Australian UFO expert Bill Chaulker.

...edit, these are not my material but taken off the web page included in the post -links from a UFOlogist who uses the name skylark.

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I watched a documentary about these. Something about underground tunnels connecting to islands in remote areas around the globe. Let's find some answers! (But how?)

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Jun. 11, 1881:
Between Melbourne and Sydney at sea (Australia).

The two sons of the Prince of Wales, one of them the future king of England, were cruising aboard "La Bacchante" when an object resembling a fully lighted ship was seen ("a phantom vessel all aglow").

Nov. 02, 1885:
Scutari (Turkey).

A luminous object circled the harbor. Altitude: 5-6 m. Illuminated the whole town.Duration: 1 1/2 min, as a bluish-green flame. Then plunged into the sea. Made several circles above the ferry-boat pier.

Nov. 12, 1887:
Cape Race (Atlantic Ocean).

A huge sphere of fire was observed rising out of the ocean by witnesses aboard the "Siberian." It rose to an altitude of 16 m, flew against the wind, and came close to the ship, then "dashed oft" toward the southeast.

Apr. 14, 1897:
Cleveland (Ohio).

Joseph Singler, captain of the "Sea Wing," was fishing with S. H. Davis, of Detroit,when they saw on the lake what they thought was a ship, about 13 m long, with a canopy. A man, about 25 years old, wearing a hunting jacket and a cap, was fishing from the deck of the object. Near him were a
woman and a 10-year old child. When the "Sea Wing" came close to the craft, a large, colored balloon rose from the object, which flew up with it to an altitude of about 150 m and circled "like a hawk" before flying away.

Mar. 1945:
Aleutian Islands.

Aboard the US attack transport "Delarof," 14 sailors saw a dark sphere rise out of the ocean, follow a curved trajectory, and fly away after
circling their ship.

Sep. 17, 1966:
Cranes Beach (Massachusetts).

Mr. and Mrs. Ronald MacGilvary saw a golden-white, luminous object resting on the beach, with two bright lights flying in and out of the craft. It went away after one hour.

Jan. 19, 1966:
Horseshoe Lagoon, near Tully (Australia).

George Pedley, 27, was driving his tractor when he heard a high-pitched sound and saw a strange gray-blue craft,8 m in diameter, 3 m high, rise from the lagoon 25 m away. It was spinning like a top, rose to 20 m, and
flew to the southwest on a fast, oblique course. Flattened reeds were found in several places.

The Magonia Database

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Lombardy Inn

Far as I know the Navy uses the facility at Indianhead Maryland for analyzing "objects" that are found and brought in. You might ask about that facility and UFO's

posted on Dec, 25 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Fishermen awakened by 'electric monster'

Headlines From July 3, 1893 Tacoma News Ledger Newspaper Article

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce09d02f41a8.jpg[/atsimg]

More on the 'electric monster' sighted of the shores off Tacoma,1893:

"This monster fish, or whatever you may call it, was fully 150 feet long, and at its thickest part I should judge about thirty feet in circumference. Its shape was somewhat out of the ordinary in so far that the body was neither round nor flat but oval, and from what we could see, the upper part of the body was covered with a very coarse hair. The head was shaped very much like the head of a walrus, though, of course, very much larger. Its eyes, of which it apparently had six, were as large around as a dinner plate and were exceedingly dull, and it was about the only spot on the monster that at one time or another was not illuminated. At intervals of about every eight feet from its head to its tail, a substance that had the appearance of a copper band encircled its body, and it was from these many bands that the powerful electric current appeared to come. The bands nearest the head seemed to have the strongest electric force, and it was from the first six bands that the most brilliant lights were emitted. Near the center of its head were two large horn-like substances, though they could not have been horns for it was through them that the electrically charged water was thrown (or appeared to be thrown)."Its tail, from what I could see of it, was shaped like a propeller and seemed to revolve, and it may be possible that the strange monster pushes himself through the water by means of this propeller like tail.

cryptozoo-oscity.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

A fantastic read guys. And the more Im reading the more Im wondering why 98% of UFO-Literature doesnt even mention USOs.

Sky,thats a very,very good question to ponder -after reading all these reports I'd say there certainly is a connection.

It appears the Russian Navy thinks so to

"I think about underwater bases and say: why not? Nothing should be discarded,” says Vladimir Azhazha. “Skepticism is the easiest way: believe nothing, do nothing. People rarely visit great depths. So it’s very important to analyze what they encounter there.”

www.theufostories.com...

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

What an idea! Aliens under the sea! You just might have something there Karl.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
What an idea! Aliens under the sea! You just might have something there Karl.

Rusethorcain -you never know mate.

U.S. Coast Guard report of March 4, 1988, describing a very interesting UFO over Lake Erie.

U.S. Coast Guard Encounter with a UFO, 1988

Full image

keyholepublishing.com...

Thread

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Object Photographed/Videotaped over Vermont Lake:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba7c76c93741.jpg[/atsimg]

First let me say I did not witness this directly. Only noticed photographic evidence upon returning home from vacationing in northern Vermont.
Staying at a camp ground on the north end of Harvey's Lake in the town of West Barnett, I woke up around 5:30 AM. I grabbed my smokes and camera and stepped out to the deck of the trailer we were using. There was a fog rising off the lake and most of Roy Mountain directly south was already 90% covered in fog.
Also a couple of men were in a small boat already on the lake. Very picturesque, so I took one photo, stepped a few paces forward and took two more photos. It was the first photo DSCN0402 that the object appears. The other two photos taken moments later [perhaps 15-25 secs] did not have this bell shaped object.
I then decided to capture some video with this camera because it was so quiet and still on the lake. Because the camera is new and had only tried the video feature once before, I did a test of the camera in video mode. This test only lasted 2 seconds, but captured something moving at incredible speed across the sky and out of sight in only 12 frames or less than a half second.

Footage

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Interesting footage karl 12, seeing the shape in the image it is in my opinion not a bird or insect or such.

I suppose that when it is projected in its original speed [100%] you don’t even see it.

Thanks for keeping also this marvelous thread ongoing buddy.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join