It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Police Chief Resigns After Gangs Threaten to Kill More Cops if he Stayed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Mexican Police Chief Resigns After Gangs Threaten to Kill More Cops if he Stayed

www.foxnews.com

Public Safety Secretary Roberto Orduna announced he was leaving his post only hours after gunmen killed a police officer and a jail guard and left signs on their bodies saying they had fulfilled a promise made Wednesday to slay at least one officer every 48 hours until Orduna quits.

The slayings were a grim sign that criminal gangs are determined to control the police force of the biggest Mexican border city, with a population of 1.3 million people across from El Paso, Texas.

Mayor Jose Reyes insisted earlier Friday the city would not back down.

"We will not allow the control of the police force to fall in the hands of criminal gangs," he said.

But Orduna said he didn't want to endanger more officers.

"We can't allow men who work defending our citizens to continue to lose their lives," he said. "That is why I am presenting my permanent resignation."

The resignation was effective immediately. Authorities said an interim chief would be named later Friday, and a permanent replacement would be found in the coming weeks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It is disgusting and sad to see a bunch of thugs intimidating society. It really irks me that this guy didn't have the gonads to stick to his post. However, if I were in a similar position, I would probably do the same. Wouldn't you?

I really don't know what the solution is. I agree that we need to secure the border so that it doesn't spill over here. However, how do you secure a border from a bunch of thugs who are determined to do whatever it takes to get their drugs sold?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Smells like a revolution for the worst. A Narco-Government were the drug lords run the land! A real wild west of terror! I recommend immediate armament of the U.S-Mexican Border and prepare for an Invasion. As if the film Red Dawn was becoming a reality!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It is a very smart move to resign, to save lives of others.

However, this will give the gangs a sense of accomplishment and they will feel unstoppable, and try something else they believe will work.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Fuax News just played a warning on mexican travel after the police chief resigned across the border amid increasing violence and killings...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
It is a very smart move to resign, to save lives of others.

However, this will give the gangs a sense of accomplishment and they will feel unstoppable, and try something else they believe will work.

SPOILER ALERT: The gangs of Mexico are unstoppable. Now it is only a matter of time before the MS 13 style gangs already here start a massive attack at the same time a rush of drug lords/refugees swarm our border. Say Good Bye to Texas!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OKCBtard

Unless the gangs own tanks, fighter jets, and attack helicopters, I don't think they are unstoppable.

You give murderers to much credit. All of them are pretty worthless idiots.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
You know how you fix this, simple. You create a task force that puts an end to known gang members. Yeah thats right, you EXECUTE them. You arm your team, you mount up and you do NOT take prisoners, you do NOT make excuses, as questions, etc...you simple destroy the problem.

You want to associate with a gang you are shot on the spot. Raid the gang houses, kill them all, raid the gang hang-outs, kill them all. Bottom line is your not fighting crime, your fighting a WAR...if you want to win, you better be prepared to get messy.

Gangs serve ZERO purpose...NONE..nadda...most members are a waste of oxygen and space on an already crowded planet filled with enough scumbags. You choose to wear colors, you choose to do this kind of stuff, you have NO place in society. You come with a HEAVY hand, and I promise you...the thugs will disband, move on, give up. Gangs are tough when their together...or act tough...start slapping back, start breaking up their "core" and watch how many drop to their knees and beg for mercy, forgivness, a second chance.

For to long we as a society worldwide let "gangs" become powerful, or cocky...and this is just MORE proof they feel like they are gaining momentum....you better put a stop to it now...before its to late.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Unless the gangs own tanks, fighter jets, and attack helicopters, I don't think they are unstoppable.

You give murderers to much credit. All of them are pretty worthless idiots. Unless of course it is in self defense.

What are tanks, fighter jets, and attack helicopters if you do not use them? Also the only worthless idiots I see are the mexican politicians
Not really. I feel sorry for the people who have to deal with these Drug Lords.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Funny how ICE can go after illegals in a meat plant but can't seem to locate the gang MS-13. If I were ICE I would go after the gangs before I go after the ones working in meat factories.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
You know how you fix this, simple. You create a task force that puts an end to known gang members. Yeah thats right, you EXECUTE them. You arm your team, you mount up and you do NOT take prisoners, you do NOT make excuses, as questions, etc...you simple destroy the problem.

You want to associate with a gang you are shot on the spot. Raid the gang houses, kill them all, raid the gang hang-outs, kill them all. Bottom line is your not fighting crime, your fighting a WAR...if you want to win, you better be prepared to get messy.

Gangs serve ZERO purpose...NONE..nadda...most members are a waste of oxygen and space on an already crowded planet filled with enough scumbags. You choose to wear colors, you choose to do this kind of stuff, you have NO place in society. You come with a HEAVY hand, and I promise you...the thugs will disband, move on, give up. Gangs are tough when their together...or act tough...start slapping back, start breaking up their "core" and watch how many drop to their knees and beg for mercy, forgivness, a second chance.

For to long we as a society worldwide let "gangs" become powerful, or cocky...and this is just MORE proof they feel like they are gaining momentum....you better put a stop to it now...before its to late.

yea but sir, you have to think about the liberals on this matter. they have feelings towards criminals that seem to outweigh justice for innocent people

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I think the Mexican gun laws are preventing the people from fighting back. IMO, if the people had weapons some these thugs would be executed and hanging from a street pole.

You are correct that something extreme needs to be done by the Mexican government.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Wouldn't you?

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of one police chief. (I was thinking about Star Trek).

how do you secure a border from a bunch of thugs who are determined to do whatever it takes to get their drugs sold?

That's easy: Declare martial law. Whoever (or whatever entities) really 'owns' America can get pissed at these thugs.

[edit on 2009-2-21 by pikypiky]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Funny how ICE can go after illegals in a meat plant but can't seem to locate the gang MS-13. If I were ICE I would go after the gangs before I go after the ones working in meat factories.

We as Law Enforcement know the gangs, the members, hang outs, houses, meeting halls, etc...but in the US we have to follow the law/constitution. We can't just DO something because then its a "police state" and those poor gang bangers had their rights violated, or were brutalized by the police etc...until American realizes how dangerous these scumbags are, gives us the OK to bend the rules and just take out the trash...they get treated just like you...sucks I know...honest hard working Americans vs MS-13 illegal immigrant or Latin king and we can't treat them ANY different....hence why the gangs laugh at Americans...they use and abuse the consititution, use and abuse our laws and know the game...and know there is NO WAY we can win...thats why they rule inner city streets, have 6 figures in bank accounts, and drive nicer cars then most of us.....but NO NO NO...cops gotta behave and NOT harrass the gangs..that is against American values and beliefs...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

That's easy: Declare martial law. Whoever really 'owns' America can get pissed at these thugs.

By the time martial law is declared they will have already dug into the first towns along the border with however many civilians they allow to live.

Enjoy your hostage situation!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
yea but sir, you have to think about the liberals on this matter. they have feelings towards criminals that seem to outweigh justice for innocent people

lol..yes but eventually even they will see the error in their ways when they become victims themselves....then the gloves will come off and those of us willing to rid the county and world of these retards can finally get to it!

I think the Mexican gun laws are preventing the people from fighting back. IMO, if the people had weapons some these thugs would be executed and hanging from a street pole.

You are correct that something extreme needs to be done by the Mexican government.

I agree...you gotta let your citizens have a stake in it too and protect themselves and each other from the scum...once you take that away you really make things harder.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Dawg, you are on a roll. Nothing but the truth.

However, many of those MS-13 are illegals so ICE has the right to ask them for their papers. Maybe instead of deporting them to El-Salvador they should accidentally drop them off in Afghanistan.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

By the time martial law is declared they will have already dug into the first towns along the border with however many civilians they allow to live.

Unlike Mexicans from Mexico, the citizens of Texas has guns galore and can be just as ruthless as those drug thugs. I am sure many Americans would enjoy to go on vacation to Texas at a place called Cancun.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Dawg, you are on a roll. Nothing but the truth.

However, many of those MS-13 are illegals so ICE has the right to ask them for their papers. Maybe instead of deporting them to El-Salvador they should accidentally drop them off in Afghanistan.

ICE does have that right...but having worked with ICE MANY times and will be again this coming week you have to understand the BS procedure. We find these gang members all over the streets, arrest them for all sorts of stuff, ICE interviews them, runs the prints, determines they are illegal..then comes the best part...they have to have the hearing for the charges we take on them , then another TYPE of hearing to deport them, then they sit around in our jails until ICE has enough that makes it financially smart to ship back. They are turned over to the other nation and..................RELEASED, because they broke AMERICAN laws NOT local laws...so within a week they are back here doing the same stuff.

I say put em in a cell, get enough of them together, load them in a C-5, thats about 1000 of them at a shot...drop them off in the middle of the atlantic, wish them luck, return home.

EDIT TO ADD: whats to fear? NOTHING...american prisons are 1000 times better then most of the places these people come from. Better food, free healthcare, free RUNNING water, free this and that, I mean cmon...they know this country no longer has an iron fist...we would rather make excuses, feel sorry for people and get stepped on for being dumb to situations, rather then be stern and actually make changes that are BEST for AMERICA and its people.

[edit on 2/21/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
how about this, instead of risking innocent american lives, we take every prisoner out of jail in america, and give them machine guns and tell them, "if you can retake mexico and defeat the gangs, you earned your freedom, but you have to stay in mexico when its over"

^ of course it would be broadcast on television pay per view so we can pay for the deeper recession obama just put us in"

[edit on 21-2-2009 by Swatman]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join