It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck: Prepare For The Worst (Must Watch)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

I think most in the country are clueless. Only 8% are caught up in the house crap. 12% in the Unemployment stuff.

The rest don't care yet because gas got cheap, their check is still there, etc. I know I find at least 5 people a day that still think the Fed Res Bank belongs to the Govt. lol

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I am afraid to know the percentage of people who "get it". So I won't ask and please don't tell me, I know too much already and I'm scared to death and jealous!
(I wish I wouldn't of found out the truth either)LOL

Tell them the government will own everything pretty soon anyway and the bankers manifesto is the 700 billion dollar clue!

Or just tell them it's really the other way around!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

yeah, it's going to be an interesting ride as long as we can stop calling eachother stupid sheeple....

Otherwise it will just be bloody...

You have to decide now...

Do you want to be right? Or do you want to have allies?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Mucho glacius and danka shein! However it's spelled.
Thank you in other words.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Or do you want to have allies?

Allies are something we are all going to need.

Hope for the best, be ready for the worst.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

As long as a few of us spread though out the country can stay in contact, things can be pulled together. We also have to be prepared to have no internet as well. ??

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I think there is a bunch out there that know, but don't want to know. They are the ones that can be brought up to speed in a matter of hours or days.

The bigger problem of that, is that they will not have made any preparations at all. That will either slow them down, or everyone else down.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I have been thinking about that and want to get into ham radio but haven't yet. Would that be a consideration? I can run my computers on solar or generator but that doesn't take care of the internet problem. Thoughts about HAM?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
reply to post by j2000

I have been thinking about that and want to get into ham radio but haven't yet. Would that be a consideration? I can run my computers on solar or generator but that doesn't take care of the internet problem. Thoughts about HAM?

I have never had one before and don't know to much about them other than they are short wave and can go a long ways.

Do you know cost's?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I havne't went there yet either, see I should be way more along in my preps too! I am planning on taking care of my family and in laws. Totals about 20 people! I got my work cut out for me. I think we can barter with neighbors for a majority of things. Food, cattle, seeds, fuel, etc...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Yes, costs are fairly reasonable. If we wasn't all broke! hehe
You are supposed to have a license but they are easy to get I've heard, but in a SHTF scenario I doubt one would matter.
(If you get caught on certain channels, etc.) I can look up the model everyone touts. I think it is an ICON but I can check for sure if you'd like. I know the antenae is super important as is the skills needed to hook up, etc. Sorry for the typos.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

not cheap if new...few hundred probley...in college we used them for data transmissions...if you had the right setup you could "talk" between computers...not exactly a internet but talk/transfer data...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

We have been getting 20 cases of food a couple of times a week.

Rounds in the 1000's for each type of gun.

Every kind of gun in multiples except for a 50 cal. snipper.
I am going to try and have one by April.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Good we have someone that know's about this stuff.....

added you guys on friend list to keep track of you.....

Dodadoom I sent a u2u

[edit on 21-2-2009 by j2000]

[edit on 21-2-2009 by j2000]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
by the way, what is this page?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Ya know.. I think this Beck guy is stupid. Good points of course, but I don't like him.

Also... I'm sick of being told to "prepare for the worst". I've already got my bug out bag, and bug out vehicle, what more can anyone do. I'm also looking into growing my own vegetables

What will be will be. What does "the worst" mean anyway? If a flaming ball of lava falls from the sky, there's not much you can do.

Everyone just needs to stop worrying
Be happy! We've made it this far, live it up!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Interesting and a good idea! I have a ton of books in digital format and I plan on sharing or better yet trading for food, ammo, gold, etc.
Thats right you are our tech wiz! Thanks for all your input in these threads!

Holy Moly j2000~!

If you can get dehydrated food and store cool, it lasts for decades.
Even though we may not have that long.

Edit to include this link. survivalacres.com...
This is good food and it is reasonably priced!

[edit on 21-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Me and my three boys, all over 25, have enough for a small army.
We have one farm, two in town, small town places paid for with 1 acre on one and 3 acres on the other. Can grow plenty more crops. I've got a tractor, two boats, 4 snowmobiles, etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   

I'll kill my wifes dog and eat it before that crap......lol

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

That might be good...I have a "library" of digitized books/info/ect...I get as much as I can hold with 1.25TB and burn DVD's when I get loaded up...using a scanner with OCR tech or PDF/JPG/ect you could do a personal collection...

in the future information/books will probley be in demand as foolish people will probley trash librarys and such as unimportant to daily survival...

with a SW radio and data rig you could "trade" reading materials

[edit on 2/21/2009 by Hx3_1963]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join