It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glen Beck: Prepare For The Worst (Must Watch)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Full on Jackasses

Comparing the USA to the

Weimar Republic of Germany, Zimbabwean dollar???? WTF We are the United States of America last time I checked. I never heard of such BS in my life! Ok, is everything rosy right now? Ummm no, I went from 100k to zero booo hoooo. I will get their again and very soon. Whatever happened to positive thought and the law of attraction?!? He's a recovering alcoholic??? He is not thinking very positively. He has been spouting this negative stuff for years. I bet you his average 1 million + listeners/viewers think he is a real news reporter instead of an entertainer. Even though he admits that him/his self. I admit I have listened to him in the past. I can agree with some of the things he says. But the doom and gloom thinking only breeds doom and gloom Then you wonder why everything is not going well? Pretty hypocritical in my book. Sometimes the truth is confusing but the wheel will come around again.

What happened to all those outsourced jobs? Wasn't there supposed to be some trickle down effect?

Ha ha you/we where tricked by the “higher ups”. I wonder how many of the parent companies of these huge media outlets outsourced their jobs? Can we have our jobs back now? Cheap labor and Quailty labor are 2 entirely different things.

I am sure that individual consumption will help lead the way out. Ultimately production will lead us out of the current situation, as it usually does .

Come on this aint no thing. We are Ameri cans not cants

OH and the bartering thing??? Seems almost like the purest form of capitalism to me. Before it gets F'd up by corporations.

You don't think our Forefathers Bartered? Hard to control because no paper work needed.. thus nothing to control... Dont mess with the invisible hand **(( In economics, the invisible hand is the term economists use to describe the self-regulating nature of the marketplace )))) I am pretty sure that works.. Well when it is unimpeded.

I much rather preferred it when the talking heads was/is a hip group not a bunch of jackasses.

Our ancestors my be rolling in our grave. Our apathy might be one reason.You need to figure out the why for yourselves.

Well I for one am thinking positively. ANYONE NE1 else?

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Thats great! I have heard people mention having horses to plow if fuel isn't available, thats quite a job I'm sure though!
Wanted to say dont forget fuel and stabilizer and store it safe!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Great thread, Where I live Nor Cali bomb shelters are being built ammo is gone accept 12 gauge and communities are making bubba effect plans.
People are not worried because they are prepared. They do not like what may come down but we need to defend the constitution, are rights and one another.

PS, Stop with the dehydrated what 3 to 8 oz per #10 can. Buy winter red wheat, white wheat, beans, rice.

Your all great...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

We do have fun. It is just hard to with the current situation. Everyone is nervous, pissed and scared. Who can blame them? All they know is micky d's and walmart. When those empty, you will see some trampling!

If you dont prepare for the future, you are a fish getting swept downstream.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by saralee

You better get more Amo before it's too late.....it's cheap right now.

100 rounds of 12 ga for less than 25 bucks...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dodadoom

Just have to make some Moonshine to run it.....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Gross!
I'd rather not eat like they do in asia!
Dehydrated's actually not too bad, I think you are thinking of MRE's. hehe
Good point though, fresh is always better and healthier, we will need to be healthy! This is strictly last resort stuff or to help feed the unprepared.

[edit on 21-2-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Feel free to check out the forums in the website linked in my signature. Alot of good information there.

Plus if you want to start growing your own food start now. It's planting season from Jan to March.

Hailing from Texas by the way. Proud and Loud! We dont take no bull when it comes to our rights and guns.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Now that will be a good skill for the future!!!
Distilling for fuel and rampant drunkeness...a valuable bartering commodity...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Ahh, don't waste that in your tractor, hell I got gas!
See we already have bartering fodder!

We're already thinking positive!
We just might make it after all!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Sometimes I watch Glenn Beck and think "This guy's a shill. He's bought and paid for. He's a stooge."

But now and then it almost seems like the guy is being as honest as he can be, given the information he has available to him.

Then I ask myself "How could he not know?" About... The federal reserve, the illuminati, the history of nations, the new world order, the nature of money and debt... etc....

I'm never sure what to make of this guy. Perhaps this is the point? Not sure...

Fear mongering is one thing. But warning us to prepare is another. What will the future hold? I don't know...

I think I can just keep working as long as it seems prudent, spend my money wisely, and prepare for the worst. I hope I'm doing the right thing...

Peace, out.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

As long as we can grow crops, hunt and fish, we will be ok.
We do these things already, mostly just for fun, but we are
good at it anyways.

My folks also have a ranch as a second home in South Dakota right on the Missouri River.
I've got friends from NY to FL to CA and most places inbetween.
I've also got friends in Utah. I had a place at Park City for about 10 months we stay there last year.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by username371

You should listen to his Radio show everyday. Wow!

You can really tell his frustration with the Govt.
He holds nothing back on there.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
pushing closer to 2am here. I'll check in when I get up in a few....
later...

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Just about ANYONE with a piehole and a microphone is able to spout off, nowadays.

AND, I am not just talking about Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'Reilly....I will include Keith Olbermann and Rachel Maddow and Stephen Colbert....

OK, I just showed my bias there....I actually LIKE it when people are smart and funny, and don't take themselves too seriously....to make fun of those that DO!!!

I left one of the best, for last....Jon Stewart!!!!!

Oh, and Letterman, Leno and what's his name??? Yeah, o-brien....o-brian....whatever......(he's movin' on up, in just a few months!!!!!)

What IS it with these Italians...I mean Irish.....brian, brien....o- this, or oh' that....why is MY name spelled 'duggan' instead of 'dugan'???? What WERE they thinking????

EDIT, just to keep the mood light.....best joke I've heard in a while.....

"Three men walk in to a bar....the fourth ducked."

Back to the topic.....Glen (is it 'Glen' or 'Glenn'???) no matter....he has a job to do, as do all the others. OUR job is to figure out whether to laugh, or cry. It is that simple.

[edit on 2/21/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Comments Regarding Glen Beck's Show:

One of the main points discussed here is wether our Military Forces would support "the people" in the event of a major civil disturbence, Or would our Military Forces support the Political Establishment. When I was an active-duty Security Police we (SP's) were instructed that the Posse Comitatus Act specifically forbids the use of our Military in Civil Disturbances, UNLESS that area is under Martial Law. That can only be ordered by the Governor of the State affected, Or the President of the United States. As an aside; the U.S. Military Oath is to Defend and Protect the United States of America, and to Obey the Orders of the President (Commander-In-Chief), and the Officers appointed above me (him/her). Clearly a Soldier's Highest Allegiance is to Our Country. I hope this Post is acceptable for this Forum.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I may be way off base here and called stupid and whatnot,
but it seems to me you are either for gubment or for people.
You cant be both. Gubment takes from people, gives to the elite.
People help people. Thats the way it's always been throughout
history and still the people always believe they are the ones in control.
Seems to cut through the haze and a good way to tell who's who.

Are you on the PTB's side or are you on the citizens side?
Time to start asking.

Must be time to go to bed too, I'm starting to get grouchy!

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

doda.....sitting here....thinking....I'm with the people!!

Sorry, it should have been obvious, my bad for not being more clear from the outset.

Scroll up, if it wasn't on THIS thread, then I put it somewhere else: I mentioned....

the Constitution, and the Declaration of Independence.....documents that SHOULD BE READ by every Citizen, again and again. (I didn't post them here of course....)

We are a Republic, and a representative Democracy.

The Senate is the Republic. Two from Each state, so for the math...that's 100.

The representative Democracy, well....that's supposed to be the Combination of...all 535 of 'em....AND the Senate....for a total of 635 people.

THESE are supposed to represent over 300,000,000 Americans.

CIVICS, 101!!!!

If anyone knows what the term 'gerrymandering' means, raise your hand, and go right to the head of the class.....because that is EXACTLY anti-democratic, right to the core!

Politics.....it was little different in ancient Athens.....

Used to be, it was the best we had.....BUT, funny economic games seem to have upset the system.....we will need to sort this out, and fast.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I wish i could afford a Barrett M107 .50 cal...but...its only 8500 pieces of paper right ??

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by consciousdrum

I wish I could afford a Ferrari....

again, just pieces of paper, right???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join