It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appropriate speech topic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I was asked to give a speech to a group of people about current events and the world around us. What topic would you believe I could speak on that makes me sound like I don't wear a tinfoil hat and yet portray a strong message? I want to focus on something economically related and have a lot of factual information. Just wondering what you would do given the situation, and if you guys could toss me a few links that you feel would portray a strong message.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chikaleen

Well, you said economic...so:

G-7 Financial Summit

Another...

Then, you can try to tie in Obama's agenda into the discussion as well as the Global view on the U.S. stimulus plan...

Obama Stance

Good luck!

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It depends on you really m8, what you are comfortable doin, if you kinda shy and wanna get it done, play it safe and go with a Bama Love In speech, If you are outside the box type of person, you could blow their minds with a NWO speech with the info on this site

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Use it as a chance to make some people think.Do a conspiracy speech or talk about the facts of 911.
Try to use this to wake people up is my opinion.
Talk about the fed reserve and the jfk link.
Just stimulate their brains while you have the chance.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
o.k.

Both of the poster's above me are spot on...

Use it as a chance to make some people think.

But you stated you did not want to look like you were wearing a tin foil hat...

Their ideas are definitely more interesting, but be prepared to get flamed in-person...kinda different than talking it up here. Or, you may strike a nerve with this group and do some good...

Decisions, decisions...

mgramar itde!

[edit on 2/20/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
What is your audience base? Students? Average Joes n Janes?

You could go to the source of all economy and speak about the Rothschilds and or the Rockefellers. You could get lost in that topic but do the research and try to focus on one aspect...such as how the Rothschilds aquired their intial wealth and how that relates to current banking systems.

Another fun one would be calling out the Bilderbergs. Their meetings and attendees are have become a lot easier to verify over the last few years. Even if you wanted to relate this to current day issues you easily could by listing the Obama cabinent members who belong to one or all of the following CFR, Trilateralist, or Bilderbergs. It's not a curiosity of those of us with our tinfoil hats and gas masks at the ready - that's a fact jack. And then drop the bombshell question of ....why!

No matter what your choice, I'm proud you want to do something to make people think. Thought, education, and discussion bring about enlightenment.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Tell them the truth:

Not so long ago we never had it so good, you could borrow when you needed it, you had the chance to borrow to start a business, upgrade your home, generally live a good life.

The people became too greedy and screwed themselves over.

With the avaliability of credit comes the responsibility to not bite off more than you can chew, just because you CAN live outside your means doesnt mean you SHOULD, but a lot of people were living up the high life and not thinking about tomorrow, obviously under the impression that you could borrow, then borrow to pay back what you originally borrowed, without understanding that the banks will, at some point need the money back to be able to have anything to lend out.

While a lot of people blame the banks themselves we cannot avoid that we are all in some part responsible for the current crisis.

new topics

top topics

join