It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any solid scientific proof that backs up 2012 claims?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
The reason I ask is that I like to keep a level head when it comes to 2012 I and I am interested to know if there are any scientific facts that have been proven that will happen in this year? i.e, eclipses, changes in gravity due to the alignment e.t.c.

I have read quite a bit about 2012 and how events will take place that may change the world forevever, but these are 2nd hand prophecies and translation from texts. Is there any proof?

Therefore, I have to ask is there any scientific proof that changes to our planet will take place after 2012?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
There is pretty solid evidence that changes will take place. Since changes take place pretty much all the time, and there is no reason to believe 2025 should be any different. Or 2012 for that matter.

unrelated sidenote: Jesus knew about the y2k bug! Why? Obviously he timed his birth in such a way that the y2k bug was bound to happen exactly 2000 years after his birth! (when the curch realized he got it slightly wrong they even adjusted the dates, to make sure it happened on time, hundreds of years before computers were even thought of!)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The strongest proof would be Sumerian text which is also the Race that brought us the old Testament and religion, monetary systems, education amongst other things and then it branched off into other parts of the world in which all the other races and cultures all have some sort of Transition period that will happen eventually, some call it the purification time or the ascension period lots of different names for it.. But it was the Mayans that mentioned 2012 their Calendar is the only real reference to that exact time and i believe they where the only ones.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by gmac1000]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmac1000
The strongest proof would be Sumerian text[snip]

[edit on 19-2-2009 by gmac1000]

Wich sumerian text plz? Here is something to get you started. Plz tell me when you found it, i would be kinda curious

www-etcsl.orient.ox.ac.uk...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by debunky

unrelated sidenote: Jesus knew about the y2k bug! Why? Obviously he timed his birth in such a way that the y2k bug was bound to happen exactly 2000 years after his birth! (when the curch realized he got it slightly wrong they even adjusted the dates, to make sure it happened on time, hundreds of years before computers were even thought of!)

What? Really? I did not know that, man that Jesus was one slick guy to time his birth around a crash that didn't actually happen.

[edit on 19-2-2009 by asmeone2]

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gmac1000

the hopi indians

they mentioned 2012 also

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
There is none scientific evidence that 2012 will be any different from any other year. All we know is that it will be the start of a new solar maximum.

What all the 2012 people say is a proof are ancient writings being interpreted very freely and the huge gaps being filled in with guesswork of new age fanatics that truly think tribes 2-3000 years ago would know more about 2012 than modern high tech civilization.

Just think about it and add some common sense. NOTHING will happen!

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
There is none scientific evidence that 2012 will be any different from any other year. All we know is that it will be the start of a new solar maximum.

So what your saying is that apart from a new solar maximum nothing else scientific has been proved to play a part in this apparent momentous change?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lycopersicum
reply to post by gmac1000

the hopi indians

they mentioned 2012 also

source plz? and again a little something to get you started
www.sacred-texts.com...

The reasoning that jesus knew about y2k is the same as mayas knowing about 2012. They obviously timed their calender in such a way that on 13.0.0.0.0 something big will happen. Or else they would have started it on another day so that on 13.0.0.0.0 something big will happen. Of course it ends in much the same sense on 13.0.0.0.0 that the gregorian calender ends on the 31.12.2009. Like people who use the gregorian calender will propably switch to 1.1.2010 when after 31.12.2009 the mayas will switch to 13.0.0.0.1 (or 14.0.0.0.0? to be honest i dont know that, doesnt matter much either way) (yes, they are still around: en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here's some science

Horizon Project

video.google.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

heres a ton of stuff

just a couple but below is search link and just browse lots of info about hopi and 2012
www.adishakti.org...
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.google.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
David Wilcock has researched and found much scientific evidence for his ascension theory.

Check it all out on www.divinecosmos.com

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the information/links regarding 2012. I appreciate all your input.

Actually what I am trying to do with this thread is steer away from the prophecies side of things and concentrate on the science. I.E lunar eclipses,increased sun activity e.t.c

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by lycopersicum

I said, i would like to have a source plz. Source != Someone else said they said that too.
Source would be "they said that, here" as in a record of a hopi prophecy, mentioning 2012.

As for that horizon thingy: I quit watching it when the presenter mentioned an ominous gap for the umtenth time without providing any examples, and then went on to show pictures of the luxor lightbulbs and the badhad battery. Ok, we are crossing the galactic plane and each time that happens civilizations decline? *sigh*
The solar system travels at a speed of 220 km/s. The galactic plane is around 1000 Light years thick. thats 9,460,730,472,580,800 km. so that passing in 2012 will take .....
1.3 million years....

bit long huh?

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
If it's true that planet X is coming in the year 2012 and if it is also true that this planet has the creator of the human DNA and that this so called planet X comes within our earth orbit every 3600 years, why is there no recorded events of this in the year 1588.

And why is it there some people say there are bases on the moon and mars and that they had been markers left by the creators of the human DNA, if this is true why would this aliens wait until 2012 for there planet to reach earth every 3600 when they might already be on Mars and the Moon.

Why have we as humans not sent a prob into space to see if this planet X is even on it's way to earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

Thanks for the input debunky, not entirely sure what you are trying to say, its not you its me I have a terrible hangover today.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Crossing the galaxys plane takes 1.3 million years. We have been crossing it already when the sumerians decided it would be a good idea to put the pleiades on a seal to confuse zacharia sitchtin. that was ... what approximately 6000 years ago? so we traversed 2% of the distance since then. (also i think we are actually on the way out right now, not in, not sure on that one though) So the assumption that the position of our solar system in 3 years (208.137.600 kms from our current position wich would be around .... 0.005 lightyears) is anything special is quite ridiculous IMHO.

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There are plenty of ancient prophesies about 2012, aka the End Times; there are recent channelled messages from Matthew Ward, Kryon, and many others. There are also worldwide geological witness marks of major planetary upheavals of the ancient past on Earth and indications of major changes to Earth’s magnetic fields in the run up to 2012, which seem to have been ignored by the mainstream media.

I think it is impossible to say whether humanity will be wiped out, or whether nothing will happen at all; but clearly some things are changing which have the potential to cause severe disruption to business as usual.

If the predicted pole shift happens, then it is not unreasonable to expect that there will be some changes to the magnetic fields in advance of the main event, although quite what happens at the time of the shift is another matter. I suppose we shall find out on the day.

Here’s a quote from the NASA Science feature: A Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field:

Dec. 16, 2008: NASA's five THEMIS spacecraft have discovered a breach in Earth's magnetic field ten times larger than anything previously thought to exist. Solar wind can flow in through the opening to "load up" the magnetosphere for powerful geomagnetic storms. But the breach itself is not the biggest surprise. Researchers are even more amazed at the strange and unexpected way it forms, overturning long-held ideas of space physics.

"At first I didn't believe it," says THEMIS project scientist David Sibeck of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This finding fundamentally alters our understanding of the solar wind-magnetosphere interaction."

Here’s the link:

science.nasa.gov...

[edit on 20/2/2009 by Tallsorts]

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Do you know what will happen tomorrow?

No or?

but if you are interested into 2012.. google it.. then you will find millions of pages.

A proof?

Ís there any proof into life?

Nope..

2012 is still a believing that something (and here i point at "something", nothing specifical) will happen.. arround 2012..

maybe tomorrow? who knows

NW

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There is plenty of scientific reasoning behind potential 'earth changing' events.

BUT, there is no proof or hard evidence that links the end of the Mayan calender or any Mayan prophecies with any 'predicted' events in 2012.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join