It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any solid scientific proof that backs up 2012 claims?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
david wilcox is a lunatic

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by logicalview
There is plenty of scientific reasoning behind potential 'earth changing' events.

BUT, there is no proof or hard evidence that links the end of the Mayan calender or any Mayan prophecies with any 'predicted' events in 2012.

You are absolutely right. So the best thing to do is to wait and see what happens.

There will either be an enormous 'BANG', or not, as the case may be. Then we'll all know whether the predictions were right, or not.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What claims exactly,there are too many to mention...what i can say is there will be a winter solstice..hardly earth changing.The solar maximum aswell,that might..i repeat might disrupt some satellites and cause power failures,everything else is pure speculation and a wild imagination.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Guess it depends on which 2012 claims you’re talking about. Possible increase of solar flares, and comets. Just part of the cycle we go through

science.nasa.gov...

Like most experts in the field, Hathaway has confidence in the conveyor belt model and agrees with Dikpati that the next solar maximum should be a doozy. But he disagrees with one point. Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011.

www.space.com...

The race is on for better forecasting abilities, as the next peak in solar activity is expected to come around 2012. While the sun is in a lull now, activity can flare up at any moment, and severe space weather -- how severe, nobody knows -- will ramp up a year or two before the peak.

www.universetoday.com...

There are just so many ways the Universe is out to get us. Astronomers have already considered the threat from our Sun's orbit around the center of the Milky Way. When our Sun rises up out of flat plane of the Milky Way, it appears we might be less protected from intergalactic radiation and cosmic rays. Well, it looks like passing through the middle of the galactic plane might have its own share of risks: an increased number of comets might be hurled towards the Earth because of gravitational interaction with the densest parts of our galaxy.

www.earthsky.org...

Will Earth pass through the Milky Way's galactic plane in 2012? And if so, what could that mean to Earth?

Much ado has been made of the winter solstice sun aligning with the galactic plane on December 21, 2012. But according to the computational wizard Jean Meeus (page 302 of Mathematical Astronomy Morsels), the solstice points were alignment with the galactic equator as recently as the year 1998.

In other words, the 2012 alignment isn't unique. Consider the view from our local star, the sun. As seen from the sun, Earth crosses the Milky Way's galactic plane (also called the galactic equator) twice a year, every year.

Planet X, aliens, light workers, higher density vibrations, dimensional shift, transformations and ascensions and other associated woowoo? Well, I’ve not seen anything that even remotely resembles proof. But, hey, that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Proof? I would never bet on a horse called science.

The best thing is experience. I don't want to live in the future. The more often I think about 2012, the less I am in the present.

I would really like to give you a satisfiable answer, but I have got none. I also often hear that we have a growing awareness and awakening. I can't see anything of these claims. Maybe I am too close-minded to see open-mindedness LOL

franspeakfree, what would you accept as scientific proof? But this question is also directed at all others. I know this is a difficult answer and I really don't expect anyone to reply, except our friends who say that it is all nonsense. They know it all

Greetings

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Stuff Happening in 2012

January 31 — 433 Eros, the second-largest Near Earth Object on record (size 13x13x33 km) is expected to pass Earth at 0.1790 astronomical units (~26.8 million kilometers; ~16.6 million miles). NASA studied Eros with the NEAR Shoemaker probe launched on 1996-02-17.[3]

May 20 — Annular solar eclipse, a Sunday

June 6 — Second and last solar transit of the planet Venus of this century; the next pair is predicted to occur in 2117 and 2125 (see Transit of Venus, 2012).

November 13 — Total solar eclipse (visible in northern Australia and the South Pacific).
November 28 — Penumbral lunar eclipse

December

December 3 — Jupiter oppositions.
December 21 — The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the Maya civilization among others of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's mythical starting point (equivalent to 3114 BC August 11 in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, according to the "GMT-correlation" JDN= 584283).[7] The Long Count b'ak'tun date of this starting point (13.0.0.0.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya themselves is unclear, and there is an incomplete inscription (Tortuguero Monument 6) that records this date. It is also to be found carved on the walls of the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, where it functions as a base date from which other dates are computed.[8] However, it is conjectured that this may represent in the Maya belief system a transition from the current Creation world into the next
The 2012 Winter Solstice will also occur on this day at 11:11 UTC.[9]
What is 11:11?..... Doorways of Destiny
The symbol of 11:11 is a complex symbol having multiple related meanings and purposes.
From the outset, 11:11 is a symbol that announces that a particular change is eminent and
that a new course in your destiny has been prepared.

December 23 — The alternative date for the completion of the thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle in the Maya calendar, using a version of the GMT-correlation based on a JDN of 584285 (a.k.a. the "astronomical" or "Lounsbury correlation"), which is supported by a smaller number of Mayanist researchers.[10]

December 31 — Expiration of the Kyoto Protocol.

Unknown dates in 2012

The United Kingdom will complete a 5-year process to cease analogue television broadcasts region-by-region, with Meridian Broadcasting, ITV London, Tyne Tees Television and UTV being the last areas to switch off analogue.[12]

Australia and Ireland will cease analogue television broadcasts.

NASA's new Orion spacecraft will become fully operational for International Space Station support flights.

China will launch the Kuafu spacecraft

Freedom Tower in New York City: Construction will be finished

The sun will reverse its own magnetic poles during 2012 as result of reaching the end of the current 11-year sunspot cycle.[13]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Here are some great reads on the subject of 2012 in corelation to science and history.
(with a little Religion thrown in)

Galactic Alignment, John Major Jenkins

Maya Cosmogenesis 2012, John Major Jenkins

Breaking the Maya Code, Michael D. Coe

Planet-X, Comets & Earth Changes, Dr. James M. McCanney

Planet X Nibiru, Slow Motion Doomsday, Rob Solarion

The Sumerians, Dr. Samuel Noah Kramer

The 12th Planet, Zecharia Sitchin

World in Collision, Dr. Immanuel Velikovsky

Earth in Upheaval, Dr. Immanuel Velikovsky

Ages in Chaos, Dr. Immanuel Velikovsky

Hamlet’s Mill, Giorgio de Santillana & Hertha von Dechend

Future Prospects of the World According to the Bible Codes, Joseph Noah

The Nephilim and the Pyramid of the Apocalypse, Patrick Heron

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by debunky

um....y2k bug didn't come from the predictions of jesus...it was a glitch in the programing of computers where people just believed the programs would crash because the year in the computer language would be changed to ie 1/1/00., they thought the computers would create malfunctions thinking it was year 00...mess up peoples electronic records like date of birth and dmvs...if all the computers crashed it would be a big mess...but not the end of the world...patches were written and sent out to take care of it...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Those books are barely science though, some of them are plain old bull#.

There's hardly any scientific evidence behind 2012, apart from the afforementioned solar activity maximum (couple that with the fact that there're giant holes appearing in the earth's magnetic field).

Paul Laviolette has done some great (scientific) work regarding cosmic dust entering our solar system and the effects it would have on the sun and earth. He doesn't say it will happen in 2012 or anything like that but it's still possible. I think he covered most of it in his book Earth Under Fire.

And guys stop mentioning bloody David Wilcock, he's a complete hack - anyone who's opened their third eye can see that!

[edit on 4-3-2009 by butane bob]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

There's ALOT of scientific proof actually. Its really scary tbh.

Heres a link to a page with some good info,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Should be about a quarter of the way down the first page by "The Oracle"

Its to do with Earths magentic field almost being gone by 2012 and massive solar flares being due around the same time.

Have fun,
Jacob

[edit on 9-3-2009 by JacobNH]

[edit on 9-3-2009 by JacobNH]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join