It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol 2009

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by chissler

I think it is time to replace Ryan as the host. He is annoying and even hateful when he tries to cook up drama between the contestants. They need an older person as the host, to help console some of the singers when they need it. Ryan Seacrest is an emotionless autobot.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Disagree 100%.

I think Ryan is great and his relationship with Simon makes for great laughs. Idol could survive without Paula. Losing Randy would make an impact. It wouldn't survive without Simon and it would be a huge loss to lose Ryan.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My husband works with a lady whose husband knows Scott's dad.

Anyway, she sent the link to a short interview with him and I thought people here might be interested.

Scott Defends Seacrest

Looking forward to tonight. He'll be playing his piano.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I do use my mute button every time Seacrest opens up that yapper of his, so I can live with him. I also look forward to tonight's show.

Edited for content

[edit on 3/10/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Seacrest is the Antichrist afterall.....what do you expect?

I'm telling you....that no-talent hack must have made a deal with the devil...or something... wtf?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
No love for Seacrest from this group..

Rarely does an episode go by where he didn't get at least a laugh out of me. I'm starting to question myself here for being a fan since it appears I might be the only one. lol

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

You're not the only one. I'm not what you'd call a fan, but I like him just fine. I like him better than I like Paula. Simon's rough, but I usually agree with him. I love Randy. I'm not sure what to think of Cara yet, but I think she's ok, too.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
This is a really good group. Lil, Adam, Danny, Allison... All great.

I'd be worried if I was Jorge (sp), Megan, Anoop, Matt or Kris.

Scott and Michael weren't even that great last night, but I think they're lovable enough to get by.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

You're not the only one. I'm not what you'd call a fan, but I like him just fine. I like him better than I like Paula. Simon's rough, but I usually agree with him. I love Randy. I'm not sure what to think of Cara yet, but I think she's ok, too.

It'd be funny if they brought back Dunkleman....
What ever happened to him anyhow? (my money's on it being part of Seacrest's contract with Satan)....

Yeah, Paula pretty much needs to go... Sometimes, I'm not even sure what planet she's on...

Simon is the one keepin' it real...(most of the time), although he inexplicably gets "nice" to those the producers want to keep around, even if they blow it...

Randy, could take him or leave him, but he's getting more honest these days...

Cara could replace Paula's role, but she needs to lose some of the bitchiness...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Cara could replace Paula's role, but she needs to lose some of the bitchiness...

Hey, that's a good idea! But I like her bitchiness. She reminds me of me.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
While I do think Adam, Matt, Lil, Alison and Alexis will cruise along, I do not really know about the rest of them. It was a bad night, with most of them doing just OK. I don't know what they see in Danny, but he does get a lot of love from the judges. I agree with Simon that Kris made the mistake of showing his wife. This will hurt him with the young female vote, and that may help Jorge.

I don't remember Michael, and I think he may go home tonight. Too many other contestants with the same type of story. Scott didn't impress me with the piano. If he gets through, I think he has to really wow them to stay in. The blindness story can only get him so far as he is no Stevie Wonder.

I am going to say Michael and Megan will not make it through the night. I judge this by the reactions of the fans in the studio audience, and that they are not very memorable.

BTW, Anoop was by far the worst singer of the bunch. He was excruciatingly bad, and reminded me of Sanjay. I think he will squeak through, and may get the keep the worst one in vote. I really hope he does good next week, or he may start to take away the chances of the actually talented people.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by kidflash2008]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Don't feel bad, everybody needs someone to love or like them. I just think Seacrest has worn out his welcome like an in-law staying past Christmas.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Idol Predictions says that Jorge and Allison are most likely to be voted off tonight.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Just caught the episode now.

Danny & Adam...

I mentioned a few weeks ago that Adam singing a song by a person with a higher pitched voice would really suit him. With MJ, you don't get much of a higher pitch. I thought he was great.

Meghan is really, really growing on me. I could not believe the song choice, but I thought she did a great job on it. Loving her quirkiness.

Anoop's was pretty weak and even though I liked Jorge, I thought it was one of the weaker ones as well. But of the 13 who performed, almost all of them were strong.

Bottom three for me, Anoop, Jorge and Jasmine.

BH, still not feeling the love for Kris? I thought he was great last night!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

I love Ryan. I think the show would be boring without him. I enjoy his interaction with Simon. Simon gets on my nerves the most, although I appreciate his "honesty".

I found the new judge to be annoying at first because she rambles on excessively.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
As for my preference on the contestants.
I like Adam, Danny (flawless vocals) and the Matt who plays piano, not the Matt country singer. Allison is a good rock singer, and the other girl with the blond pink hair pales in comparison to her. Kris is ok.

I love MJ's music, so I enjoyed last night's show. I thought Matt singing human nature was the best performance and vocals, but the most energetic was Adam, sounds like Axl Rose.

Lil, I didn't like, "the way you make me feel" should only be sang by MJ.

Taking a guess at who will win: Adam, Danny, or Matt (piano).

EDIT: I think I mixed up the names on the "matts" but whoever the piano guy who's similar to justin timberlake is who I meant. If the blind guy is Scott, he's good but I wouldn't buy his records, but he's somebody's type.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by violet]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If Adam, Danny or Lil' go out before the top 5, I think those are the only 3 that the judges would save.

People like Kris, Allison, Michael, etc. are extremely talented.. but the other 3 are people that can record and be successful today. Of the 13 who sang last night, I thought 9 or 10 of them were great. That number is way up from usually 5 or 6 who I thought did a good job.

Very deep competition.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Meghan is really, really growing on me.

Me, too. I didn't think much of her at first, but she's got something special. If she doesn't start showing off her voice, she's not going to last, though. She's not commercial. She's more alternative.

Bottom three for me, Anoop, Jorge and Jasmine.

And America agrees!
Anoop slipped by, though. I hope he does better in the future, because I think he can.

BH, still not feeling the love for Kris?

I don't know if he reminds me of someone or what, but he seems so blah to me. I have a hard time remembering his singing. Maybe I should close my eyes while he performs because he also has a bit of a "horse mouth" that I find distracting... I'm so shallow.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I thought Michael would be in trouble because he is the quiet type. I am glad I was wrong with that one.

I thought Anoop would be saying goodbye, but Jorge was the one. He had a bad night, and may have lost votes to Kris (who I think should benefit from Jorge's departure).

I was surprised to see Jasmine leave now, although I did think she would not make it in the top eight. I thought she had a lot of potential, and her votes will probably go toward Lil.

I think a girl will win it this time, and after having boys win it in the past, it should go to a girl. Allison, Alexis, and Lil are my favorites, as the guys really seem to sound like clones of past male performers. Adam is starting to grow on me, but I am not impressed with Danny. I don't see all the love they are throwing at him. I also don't like Scott all that much, and if he weren't blind, I do believe the judges would be harsher. Anoop has got to go, as he reminds me of Sanjay in the worst way. I think he will be getting votes for his terrible vocals from the sites that want the bad ones to win. It would be a shame if he kept on taking away the good singers while he stayed on.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Anoop has one of the best voices of this season. Don't confuse him with Sanjaya because of the obvious comparisons. This dude can sing and if he smartens up and picks a song that justifies his voice, he'll prove it again. But he's trying to create this alter image for himself and winds up looking socially awkward.

Anoop is a lot better than he has showed so far.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join