It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Idol 2009

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Megan's like Edie Breckel or maybe Natalie (blanking on last name, 10000 Maniac's)....

Allison is next imho...then will kind of matter week to week, song to song...as to the order of Lil, Anoop, Matt, and Kris.

I agree, will be a showdown between Adam and Danny...

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I do see Danny is bringing it on, as he is being challenged by Kris and Matt. I think Kris, Adam and Danny will be in the top four, but do not know who will be there with them. Matt wants votes, but is willing to lose his artistic ability to do so. Not very smart in my opinion. Allison has a strong voice, but she does not seem to have a large support base. Scott, Anoop and Lil need to have consistent weeks from now on to stay in the game. I think Allison may get some of Megan's former voters.

I also think Adam, Danny and Kris are getting the lion's share of the vote. I am thinking the rest are very close together, which is why the bottom three looks different every week. Lil may be getting fourth or fifth place, so she should be safe for a while. The others are scrambling for the smaller leftover vote. They do not tell us the vote totals, so this is a guess on my part. But from comments from many other sites, I am making an educated guess as to why Matt and Allison are moving up and down so often. It may just be a few thousand votes separating the lower tier. There really isn't much of a middle tier, with maybe Lil, who has a fan base.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My guess is Allison is going home tonight...most upped their game, but I found Danny's song to be irritating....but apparently it was just me, not the judges...

DialIdol has Kris going home though....

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Scott's time is coming to an end. He even said last night he wanted to show his versatility before he "went down". Anoop was strong last night and I don't see him leaving tonight, but he's in a group with Scott and Lil for who needs to be hitting the road.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
For the most part, the singers were quite good. Adam was the best, and it is a shame Idol went on so long as many people Tivo the show. I thought Scott gave the worst performance, and Lil had me thinking of Tina Turner's version of the song. Kris was not very good, as his version seemed a bit cold.

I like Allison, but agree with Simon that she does not yet have a fan base.

It is now the mid tier who are now going to be eliminated. Allison, Scott, Anoop are probably going to be in the bottom three. Lil might replace Anoop, as he had a good day yesterday. I also wonder if Matt has a big enough fan base yet to make him top four. It will be interesting tonight, but I also think Scott is going home. Any one else might get a save, but not Scott. Lil has yet to really wow us, so if she goes home tonight, they may not use the save on her.

My predictions for bottom three: Scott, Allison and Lil. Going home: Scott.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Scott was sent home last night, no surprise here. He should have been sent packing sooner, but I think he got a large sympathy vote. Anoop and Lil were in the bottom three also, no real surprise there. I think Anoop has sated on his ability to get votes. I also think the people who voted for Scott will vote for the G-rated Danny. It was nice to see Allison in the top five, but I see the mid-tier as a rollercoaster just like the bottom tier.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I thought Anoop did great last night. His rendition of True Colors was thoroughly entertaining. A great vocal performance. I had it set to record so I missed out on Adam's performance.

I really think they would have considered to keep Anoop after last night's performance. I don't think he is who they want to use it on, but given his strong performance last night.. I'd say he is the one who they hinted they were considering.

I'm glad to see Lil was in the bottom 3 this week. Hopefully Anoop has a strong week this week and edges her out for the bottom vote getter.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Was surprised to see who went home...but I'll agree with you on Anoop's performance. Adam's was pretty good, and the judges were basically speechless (and apparently, out of time)...

Seems you were right about Allison getting Megan's votes...really shot her up....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chissler

For Adam, Simon stated he was going to speak for the judges and gave Adam a standing ovation. Another standout performance by someone not afraid to take risks.

Anoop was really good, but I think he will not get any more votes, unless he can try for Scott's voters. I think Lil is losing support, as she has yet to really wow us. She did so in the beginning, but people have short term memories on this type of show.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There are many reports, including one from imdb, that Simon Cowell will be leaving American Idol after his contract is up in 2010. It seems he is doing two other shows in Britain, and the flying back and forth is taking its toll.

Taken from imdb:

Cowell Says He May Quit American Idol

13 April 2009 2:34 AM, PDT

Simon Cowell has hinted that he is likely to bow out of American Idol. Cowell, who also judges the talent on two British shows, X Factor and Britain's Got Talent, told the London Daily Mirror on Saturday: "Most people do one show a year and I do three and they involve a lot of traveling. One may have to go. ...I don't know which one. That is the problem, I like all of them. ...' But I guess America is more likely to go because I have got one year under contract. Maybe that will be the end. ... I don't want to come over as whiney because I am very grateful that I have got these jobs," he said. "But there is a point where I am not sure we can keep this schedule up. It takes longer and longer to make these shows because you have to put more into them, and I am not sure we can sustain me doing three shows a year"

If Mr Cowell leaves the show, one can bet the ratings will fall drastically. He definitely does not need the money, as he has made a few hundred million dollars on Idol and other shows.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

They've said for a few seasons that they expect to do 10 seasons, this being number 8.

Only time will tell.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Simon is now toning down what he stated. I guess he is exhausted from the travel, but knows Idol is a cash cow. I have heard his contract expires after the 2011 season, but I could be wrong. There will be at least two more seasons, and the audience has been dropping by four million each season after peaking a few seasons back. FOX will want to keep this one on the air, as it is cheap to produce and makes them a boatload of money.

www.usatoday.com...

Above is the link to Simon retracting his statement a little.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'd be suprised to see him leave before his contract is up or renew his existing contract. The 10 seasons is what I expect to see. The show could survive without any of the judges, with the exception of Simon. Losing Paula would make little difference, Randy's absence would be noticeable but Simon's would be devastating. Kara has yet to get her fee truly in the door, so it remains to be seen on her. I'd like to see the four remain through the proposed 10 seasons, but if next year was only Randy, Kara and Simon, I don't think it would make much of a difference to me.

Although the quirky relationship between Simon & Paula does make for a few laughs each week.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I do think Simon may leave after ten years. He does not need any more money, and owns many shows already in production. Then again, FOX may offer other incentives for Simon to stay, so it is to early to tell.

On to the show:

I thought Lil over sung "The Rose" last night. While I understand her wanting to inject herself into a song, "The Rose" is one of the most beautiful of simple ballads. Singing it without all the screeching would have done her a big favor. She does have a big fan base, so I do expect her to stay.

Danny and Matt seem a little boring. I know what they are going to do each week. They are much better than Scott at what they do, but they like to play it safe. I think Matt is going home tonight, as he never really had a high fan following to begin with.

I like Allison, but not the song. She does have a great voice, but this week just was OK. I do agree with Simon that she is the best female vocalist, but she may be in danger as she also does not have the fan base.

Anoop did surprisingly well with a Bryan Adams song. I am not the biggest Bryan Adams fan, but Anoop did well with his vocals. Message to Anoop Dogg: stay away from R&B. Power ballads are your strength.

Kris picked an unknown song and did a good job with it. I think he and Adam may make it into the top two, but I think the producers have preordained Danny the winner. Danny is a safe choice to sell to the teenybopper market that buys those albums.

Adam is always entertaining to watch. At this point he does not care if he wins the title as he is a star already. The problem with winning the show is having to do the songs the producers want, and having little say in the matter.

If it was a true contest, Adam would blow all the others in the dust. He is way over their league and it shows every time. I find myself wondering what the other singers sang as I have a hard time remembering them. I never forget what Adam does. He will put butts down in $50 concert seats. I can't say the same about the others.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I'm surprised they used the save tonight. I think some of the key players in this season, Adam, Danny and Chris, are in a vulnerable spot next week where 2 people will be eliminated. I thought they would have sat on it and made sure that those guys, and possibly Allison, went through to the top 4.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I disagree with that statement. Danny, Kris and Adam are blowing the others away in the vote totals. They will be safe as they are the top tier vote getters. They have huge fan bases, and the others who have been in the mid tier do not. Lil has a loyal fan base, but it is not huge. Allison is getting one, but she is still vulnerable. (I base this on all the polls that are taken and fan response to the singers.)

If they were going to use the save, it might as well been for Matt.

I am surprised Anoop is surprised he was in the bottom three. Anoop, you do not have the huge fan base as the Top Three do. You are fighting for the chance to survive with three other singers who do not have the huge fan base needed to survive. That you are still around now despite some terrible performances in the past should make you more grateful that you are still around.

Next week is disco, and I see trouble for many of the performers. No saves left and two going home. The bottom four will have to really do their best to see another day. Allison, Matt and Anoop may have the worst time, as they are definitely not disco material. I don't know about Kris, but he is safe as he has a huge fan base. Lil may actually shine if she picks the right song this time.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   

With Kris' rhythm, I think he'll do well with the disco. That's optimistic to say the least, but I'm holding out for something big. Hopefully next week they go back to all 4 judges critiquing each performance. Not digging this 2x2 approach. Simon has higher standards than the other judges and it's not fair for the contestants.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The might have done it because of the time constraint. I wish they would make the show fifteen minutes longer, or cut out some of the beginning crap and the contestants meeting the mentor.

Show a brief clip of the meeting, and then get onto the performance. Cluster two singers together, and their should be time for a judges critique. It looks like they are going to do the same thing this week, and I agree with you that it is weak.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I thought last night's episode was really, really good.

Glad to see they went back to the four judges per contestant and I like them beginning with Randy each time. On the second contestant, Kara began with her thoughts prior to Randy and you could see him tapping her to say that he was up. And for Paula, man she tries to be philosophical. They always position the camera so you can see Simon thinking to himself trying to make sense of what she's saying.

Kris, Adam and Danny are running away with the competition. Those 3 are the elite and in a class of their own. Allison has separated herself from the others but still isn't in the class with those 3. Lil', Matt and Anoop are hanging on for dear life. I hope Lil' and Matt go home tonight as I thought Anoop had the best performance of those 3. They are certainly making every effort to market Anoop with the clothes, having him grow the little scruff and working on his hair and eyebrows.

I thought Kris had the best performance last night with Danny being a solid second. Adam's was really good, but I thought he came in third behind the other 2. But with that said, those 3 are well beyond any of the other contestants can reach. After Allison's song I said that the word "indulgent" would be dropped quickly. I think it was the fourth or fifth word out of Randy's mouth.

Results tonight.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I thought Kris and Adam were tied with the best performance. Disco is actually quite dull, and the singers have to make it their own in order to have an impression. Allison did quite well with her rocker voice. I was thinking Allison would have the hardest time because she is a rocker, but she did pull it off. I think Danny is OK, but I have heard the same thing from him. He is not an original, although he has a great voice. He will be in the top three along with Kris and Adam, as rockers rarely get there.

Lil sounded karaoke again, and poor Matt and Anoop really tried but failed. Matt was over sung by his own chorus which is never a good sign. Anoop tried the ballad approach, but he failed again. Lil has a fan base where Matt and Anoop do not. I will say they will all be in the bottom three with Matt and Anoop going home.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join